Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 07:39 PM   #31  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Unhappy

Ruth, sorry to hear about your Dad. You've been through so much these past few months. Thank God Maurice is OK! I know how hard it is to lose a parent. Congrats on your degree. Your Dad was smiling from heaven. Don't be a stranger.

I'll be back tomorrow. I'm pooped.

Luv,
Es
Old 05-20-2005, 11:32 PM   #32  

Hi Ruth,
I am so sorry for the loss of your father. You have been a wonderfully loving daughter caring for your dad during his long illness and still pursuing your goal of getting your degree. I imagine he could not have been prouder of you. I can just picture you holding your diploma up toward the heavens and feeling your dad's presence. I hope your graduation was a very happy day. We have all missed you. I am glad to see you back again. Thank goodness that Maurice is ok. That had to have been a major scare for you all. It sounds like he is making big lifestyle changes to stay healthy, it would be great for both of you to do it together.

I don't think of you as feeling sorry for yourself. You have to grieve. Things have really changed. Give yourself time, you have been through so much. I hope we hear from you again soon and let us know about the grandkids too.

Sandy
Old 05-21-2005, 07:44 AM   #33  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Happy Saturday

Ruth, how was graduation day? I hope it was a happy one. I am very proud of you.

Terri, funny about the "instant TV" when Brandon is practicing. The kids really get out of school early. About the Red Hat Club, now explains why I've been seeing alot of women wearing red. Any plans for this summer? I did less exercise this week too. When I get out of work later than usual it messes up my whole schedule. I'm planning to go to CURVES this morning. Hi Brittany

Amiga, after all these years you still keep in touch with your ex-mom-in-law. Have fun with the seniors. Congratulations to Alana. You & Willie are party animals If I would have been there I wouldn't have been able to hang till 3:00 AM! You go girl.

Leann, I tried the honey mustard pretzels & the vanilla ones. They are all good. What day do you weigh-in?

Till later.
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 05-21-2005 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #34  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning y'all ~

Just here for a minute. Today is WW and I am not all that excited about going. I will but I haven't been good this week AT ALL! Sad too because I just need .7 for my 10%. What's the matter with my head?? Ha! Anyway, doing that and then my nail appt.

Ruth ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. I'm in awe of how wonderful you were, taking care of him. I pray that graduation day was spectacular and remember, Dad was looking down and had a BIG smile! And thank God Maurice is ok too. How amazing our doctors are today, thanks to God giving them the knowledge that they have.

Hi to everyone Can't stay but I'll be back later.......
Old 05-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #35  

Ruth,
CONGRATS to you. I am so proud of you. How exciting.

Es,
Brittany says a very excited HI!!!!!
When we went to The Outback for Brandon's birthday a lady I know was having a small party with 2 other couples and the waiters sang to her and then she opened her gifts and the first one was a red hat. I want to join one when I hit 50. For now I guess I can wear pink and purple.

Zoe,
Hope it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be.

Have a great weekend.
Terri
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 PM   #36  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Terri, I wouldn't rush turning 50. Enjoy your pink & purple.

Zoe, hope weigh-in wasn't as bad as you thought. I'm making myself go tomorrow. I can't do it on my own. I didn't like the Sunday leader but I just found out there's a new one. Starting tomorrow Sunday will be my weigh-in day.

L.J. I know Core doesn't work for alot of people. Hang in there & take one day at a time.

Be back tomorrow.

Hugs,
Es

Last edited by Rios426; 05-21-2005 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-22-2005, 08:59 AM   #37  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi to everyone

I'm in the middle of a totally decadent weekend, food wise. Since my birthday is Monday, I took the day off, so it's a long weekend
Joey and Iliana came over on Friday to celebrate with us, as she's going to Miami for a week...I made an antipasto platter and then we ordered pizza
We went out to dinner with my brother and SIL last night, then came home and enjoyed a beautiful evening in the yard, had a fire in the chimenea. Today we're going out to dinner with the kids to Buca diBeppo. A weekend of lotsa pasta

I'm going back to WW this week to join. Like Es, I know I cannot do it on my own. My SIL has joined, and is in her 3rd week. We can't attend meetings together, but it will be very helpful to have her for support and vice versa. She is positive and upbeat about following the WW program, and has been an inspiration to me. I'm very fortunate to be located in between two WW centers, with dozens of meeting times available. I'm joining on Tuesday, but will weigh in on Mondays after that. I am hoping that with each loss, my knees will thank me

The arthritis pain in my knees has become fairly predictable. I continue to do the stretches/exercises. Yesterday when I awoke, the pain was very bad, and continued all day till last night when it rained. Now this morning, they're back to "normal". Because of conflicting schedules/hours, Joe and I haven't even gotten to the fitness center yet. We're going tomorrow to join, it is a birthday gift to myself. God, I hate talking like an old woman about my aches and pains!

Terri, I've seen groups of members of the Red Hat Society at various places. Last time was at the big outlet mall we shop at. They make an outing of it, all wearing their hats and having fun. You're too young, however! Don't rush it. I find it hard to believe that I'm turning 52 I have found, however, that this is a great time in life. I'm happy with who I am, and with the relationships I've made in my life.

Have a great day,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-22-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:17 AM   #38  

Jen,
What a wonderful weekend. I love Buca diBeppo. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! . Good luck with WW. I know you can do it.
You too Es!!!!!
I hope your knee gets better and better everyday.

Believe me I hope the time goes slowly for me to wear a red hat.
4 years.

Have a great Monday.
Terri
Old 05-23-2005, 05:31 AM   #39  
NeverGiveUp

Thumbs up

Happy Birthday Jen!! Have a wonderful day.

Later Buddies
Es
Old 05-23-2005, 07:51 AM   #40  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Happy Birthday Jen! Have a wonderful day, my friend!

Be back later or tomorrow - Willie and I are on our way to Binghamton to pick up our baby girl and all her "stuff"

Hugs to everyone and have a great day!

Dianne
Old 05-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #41  

Hi Everyone,

Happy Birthday Jen!
I hope you thoroughly enjoyed your long weekend.

Hi Dianne, A big congrats to Alana
Is she home again for the near future?
David decided not to attend his graduation because it is a year later, he was home all year and just taking classes to fulfill his credit requirements the commencement would not have been with his classmates. We will all celebrate together with family and friends later in the summer with a big pool party.
Hi Terri, That is so cool about Brandon doing so well with his music, both the trombone and the guitar. Dave used to practice here with his whole band, we sometimes went out for the duration, it was a lot of punk, metal, and distortion. He has since changed his style to music that is a lot more melodic.
Hi Es, This is a good week for a fresh start for me too. We can all get reenergized with WW together. I have really been drifting for a month or two at this point, not gaining, but not losing either.
Hi Zoe, The best thing is that you are going to the meeting, I do the same thing too, most times when I get close to a goal, I tend to foul myself up for a while. I have never figured out why. Stick with us, and you will do it! We can all do it with support!
Hi Leann, I like your attitude about progress. I am trying to culitivate the same. Sticking with it long term is all about outlook and attitude.

I feel like I have been turning into an MIA because of how busy we are with church activities lately. Our church gets crazy in the spring, the annual pledge Canvass, the new budget, recruiting for next year's committees and a couple of fundraisers.
The weekend before last we were in Maine for our annual retreat. We go to this old camp that was started in the early 1900's with about 170 of our best friends. There people of all ages there, from the oldest in her late 80's down to the brand new infants. We spend time visiting with each other, playing cards and Scrabble, flying kites, building sand castles, we do take a little time for worship, and a lot of time for cooking and eating. My traditional job is Saturday breakfast, and I made at least 200 eggs while my buddy Natalie, who is in her 70's made countless pancakes. The energy level is really great, we always have a lot of fun getting to know each other in such a different context.
The other thing we were busy with was our annual plant and craft fair. That was this past weekend. I have been the chair of the craft exhibitors for the past 15 years. I send out flyers in the winter and organize the arrivals
on our Church common, while at the same time we have a huge plant sale mostly from our own congregation's perennials that brings in about $4000.
I was fetching plants for the sale from member's gardens in 3 different towns. After all the setup and take down, I was desperate for some Ibuprofen. I feel better today, and really happy to have been a part of it yet again.

I guess it is time to get on with the day,
Luv ya's,

Sandy
Old 05-23-2005, 01:01 PM   #42  

Sandy,
That sounds like such fun. How long have you been going?
Brandon and his friends play AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Metallica... They are pretty good so it isn't to bad. I like hearing him by himself the best.
That work with the plants is hard work after awhile. I planted all my patio pots today and my back hurts.

TTYL,
Terri
Old 05-24-2005, 08:38 AM   #43  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Hi everyone
Thanks for the bday wishes I had a wonderful weekend. Yesterday I had the day to myself, went shopping, did some cross stitch, very relaxing after the weekend!
And now I'm really looking forward to joining WW today after work. I am going to the center that's a bit further from my house. Have joined and rejoined too many times at the closer center; so I'm trying to put the most positive spin possible on it.

Sandy,
How lucky your church congregation is to have people like you! Your involvement is much appreciated, I'm sure. It sounds as though you are a jack of all trades; and that you have fun while doing it.

Terri,
We haven't planted yet; bought all the plants on Sunday, tho. I've always liked the soreness after gardening, it makes the beauty of the flowers seem even more special!

Have to run to work, have a great day and HI to Es, Dianne, Ruth, Zoe, LJ, Leanne.

~Jen
Old 05-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #44  

Hi Buddies,
Terri, We have been going to this retreat in Maine for 17 years. It really is a high point of the year for all of us.
Jen, Sometimes I call myself a Jacqueline of all trades since that is actually my middle name. I am glad you had fun for your bday. I have done the same thing with WW, rejoining at one that is further, but now I love the leader and the group too, so I will probably always go Friday mornings. There are a lot of lifetime maintainers who share their hints and struggles with the rest of us. They are very supportive to the rest of the group who are trying to lose lbs.
In the meantime, I am getting desperate for some sun. The weather forecast here is for a Nor'easter with temps in the high 40's and wind gusts of over 40mph. The rest of the week looks like we will have rain showers on even the best days. I will try to make the best of it, maybe do some WW cooking like soup and my favorite muffins.
All my purchases from the plant fair and my little seedlings that I started will have to wait.

Hi Es, Dianne, Zoe, Leann, L.J., and Ruth and anyone I missed.
Luv ya's,
Sandy
Old 05-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #45  
Back on Track

Talking

Good morning, ladies! Well, Tuesday seems to be my day for checking in. I hope you all had a wonderful week and weekend.

Ruth: My sincerest condolences on the loss of your father. How proud he must be of you (I believe our loved ones’ spirits are always with us, even after passing) for getting your degree with such a high GPA while taking care of him in his time of need. Congratulations on such a great accomplishment. You are truly an inspiration. It’s good to hear that Maurice is doing well. Funny how sometimes it takes a big wake up call like a heart attack to get us to take better care of ourselves. I look forward to reading your posts.

Jen: Happy birthday!!! Your weekend sounds wonderful! I haven’t been to Buca’s yet, but I hear it is really good. We have one here in Milwaukee too. I find that I need that cheerleading session that the WW meetings provide. Having support is so important to this journey. It’s nice that you and your SIL will have each other to inspire each other. I was always told that aches and pains go with the territory of being older. I just want to know – Who made that rule??? And why didn’t they ask us first??? Oh well, it could always be worse. At least we have the ability to make changes and are, for the most part, healthy.

Es: How was your Curves workout? I’m surprised at how many women belong to Curves. They all seem to be very pleased with their program. My weigh in day is Saturday. I’m down another 2.8 lbs. I wish I could say it was all my hard work, but the truth is that some of that is because I was sick for two days with a very bad cold and didn’t eat much those days. I saw the vanilla twists. I wasn’t going to try the vanilla ones (afraid of the unknown??), but the cheddar cheese and honey mustard ones are good, so I may buy a box next Saturday. Did you go to weigh in on Sunday? It is funny how the leader plays such an important part when we go to meetings. In the past, I’ve stopped going because of the leader. I’m lucky this time around because I got one I can relate to.

Dianne: How did the birthday & commencement go? It’s nice that you still keep in contact with your ex-mother-in-law. How did weight in go? I know what you mean about exercising after work. After a long day, who had the energy to get up and move when all you want to do is rest.

LJ: I hope all is going well for you and you’re hanging in there.

Zoe: Well? How was weight in? Just remember, this is a day-to-day effort.

Sandy: The annual retreat sounds like it was lots of fun. 200 eggs and bunches of pancakes! Wow! The plant sale/craft fair sounds like lots of fun too! You have been one very, very busy lady! I’m sure it was hard work, but it is satisfying when things work out well that we’ve put so much effort in to. I’m glad things are going well for you.

Terri: I’m sure the last two will turn out just as well. Thanks for the name of the book. Sounds like it has some pretty valuable information in it and is a worthwhile read. I’ll be on the look out for it. That’s really great that Brandon got an award. Bet you were really proud.

Saturday was my day to spend outside. With all the intermittent rain we have been getting, the grass was rather tall. I had to use a weed wacker to get it down to manageable size, then raked before I could use the mower. I have a reel mower and it tends to gag at anything longer than 6” or so. After that, I planted 3 bunches of day lilies, 2 irises, weeded a little, cleared the area of my back yard for my raised gardens and patio that I'll put in this year, layed out the patio blocks to figure out the pattern I’ll use, put my 2-person swing together, and tried the swing out with the dogs. I should have gotten a bigger swing! It was so nice out on Saturday, and swinging while Tigger’s head was on my lap, I almost went to sleep. Sunday I decided to rearrange the living room and dining room. I washed windows, floors and dusted the light fixtures. It looks so nice, now I want to rearrange the rest of the house! You know what they say about one thing leading to another.

Well, time to get back to work. Have a great week, you all!
Closed Thread