Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 AM   #46  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Leeann,
What a workout you had in your yard! That's one way to earn activity points. And a loss of 2.8? Good going!

Sandy,
Hope you get some sunshine soon. They're predicting a cooler than normal summer, but I'm hoping that it proves wrong.

LJ,
Hang in there. We're all here for you.

I did go to WW and join yesterday; will weigh in on Tuesdays. I'm glad I chose this center. The leader seems good, members like her. I've got to say she held the best new member meeting afterwards, complete with a tour of the center, which I've never experienced before. As far as Flex vs. Core goes....I chose Flex, but will remain open-minded about Core. Perhaps when I've got some time and losses under my belt I'll give it a shot. Right now I'm going to focus on making each day the best I can in terms of journalling and water.

Work is busy, each day more hectic than the previous. It builds up to a crescendo, with June 30 being the deadline. Last year we had procrastinators, er, residents, in long lines snaking throughout the entire first floor lobby A college student has been hired for the summer to take the switchboard work off of the three of us. That's been a huge help. The calls we receive amaze me. I've lived here 11 years and have called my village twice, once to find out details about putting up the pool, and to sign up for water service. At work we receive calls ranging from requests for phone numbers to beauty salons (ummm.....did you try the phone book?) to "I want to complain about a raccoon who keeps pooping on my front porch!"
It's crazy but fun. Gives us lots of tension-relieving laughter.

HI to all,
~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 05-25-2005 at 07:19 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:13 AM   #47  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hi all.....sorry I've been gone but it's been a busy week. I've had orders for 9 cards and 4 picture frames. If this gets any bigger, I may have to cut back on my office job.

I'm here only for a minute. I've sort of been having a bad week. Diet wise, somewhat but my husband so kindly reminded me that today is my LAST day being in my 40's!!! Jokingly, in a loving way of course but He's RIGHT!!!! So I'm sulking.......<sigh>

Anyway, a busy rest of the week so I'll be back to talk to you's guys on the weekend. Have a great rest of the week.

Happy Birthday Jen!!

I'll read and answer y'all in a few days.

Your still 40-something friend,
Old 05-25-2005, 06:24 PM   #48  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Happy Birthday Zoe!! Doing anything special? How do you find the time to make the cards, frames, etc.?

Jen, WTG with joining WW! Tuesday is a good WI day. I think you're going to do just fine. The meetings help alot.

Leann, you've been busy. I didn't get to WW Sunday. I like Curves. It's quick but a good workout.

Sandy, we're getting alot of rain too. It feels like Fall. I wish the sun would come out.

LJ sorry to hear how much you're struggling with staying on program. I do understand & can relate. It has nothing to do with food. It's much deeper than that. We'll win this fight. Stay focused. Please don't give up.

Hi Terri, Dianne, Ruth & Janie. I'm kind of busy but wanted to stop by to say hello. Be back soon.

Love,
Es
Old 05-25-2005, 10:57 PM   #49  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Well, I can't believe I'm back tonight. I don't know how much time I'll have tomorrow so.......

So.....weigh in on Saturday had me smiling. I remained the same!! Woo Hoo! I thought for SURE that I was going to be up at least 1/2 a lb, maybe a pound. So that was good news.....sort of. I mean, I've been struggling with "POINT 7" for weeks. That .7 will make my 10%! I must have this mental sabotage thing going in my brain. I wanted to be at goal for my birthday and had plenty of time to do it......and here I sit, 28 lbs away and tomorrow is the BIG 5-0 !!

Jen ~ Glad you had a wonderful birthday on Monday and enjoyed the long weekend. Since you mentioned the antipasto, I've been wanting it. Maybe tomorrow. Congrats on getting back to WW. Weighing on Tuesdays is good. Better than Mondays! I love my Saturday weighs but sometimes hate getting out the door so early on a non-work day. Hey, we have a really nice chimenea but we're amatuer's. How the heck do you keep it going? Ours is constantly going out and Greg is so frustrated that he doesn't want to light it anymore. I just love the smell.

Terri ~ I work with a girl who is in a Red Hat group. I think I mentioned it once....she said that you make your own yourself down. Enjoy your events! And thanks for the words of encouragement. I need them alot lately.

Oh, and I was SHOCKED to hear whoever said they were having temps in the 40's! We've been high 90's all week!

Ruth ~ Hi to you ~ hope you and your family are doing well.

Es ~ I can't do it on my own either. I need the accountability of the meetings. Glad you went back. Nothing planned for the big 5-0. I really thought Greg would have some sort of surprise so I'm disappointed. If he does, he's better at secrets than I give him credit for.

Dianne ~ Hope you had a great trip to Binghamton. That's a LONG drive! You passed right by where I used to live, in Delhi, around Cooperstown. Hope you're doing well.

Leeann ~ Good exercise on that yard work.

L.J. ~ Have you ever tried WW e-tools? Not liking the journaling part, that makes it SO easy. I love to journal (crazy, huh??) but use e-tools. You just put in what you ate and it does the point calculations for you. Simple and very, VERY accurate. Hang in there kiddo, you'll be okay.

I went to Curves after work. It was my first weigh and measure since joining a month ago and I was disappointed. I only lost about 2 lbs but only 5 inches!! I was sure the weight thing wasn't going to be good but the inches......well, I thought it would be better. A friend of mine lost 14.75 inches her first month and lost only 1 pound.

Well, gotta run. I'm beat and I only have 2 hrs till 'dooms day'.

Talk to you's over the weekend
Old 05-26-2005, 07:14 AM   #50  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Happy 50th Birthday,Zoe!!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day...and remember, you're not getting older, but better!
hugs,
Jen
Old 05-26-2005, 07:17 AM   #51  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Okay, I've got day #1 under my belt, and that is a huge motivator! A complete day that began with resolve and ended the same way.....along with journalling and water.
I've got a loooonnnggg way to go, but it's a good start for me.

have a good day
~Jen
Old 05-26-2005, 10:43 AM   #52  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HAPPY 50th BIRTHDAY, ZOEGIRL!! I hope you have a fantastic day. And don't worry that darn .7 will be off soon.

Jen - on going back to ww - that's great! Your birthday weekend sounds wonderful - I'm so glad you enjoyed it.

Es - Congrats on sticking with curves. I saw a tv commercial about 1/2 off - am thinking on it. My ex- mom-in-law's 80th birthday was nice. I have known her since I'm 14 years old and my ex's sisters-in-law were friends of mine. In addition, my son Steven is their grandson/nephew, so they'll always be a connection. More importantly, she has always treated me like a daughter and I love her alot. I have to say that I've been blessed twice with wonderful mothers-in-law - I know I'm lucky. Willie's mom passed away, but she was also great.

This weekend is Alana's graduation party - they'll be like 56 people counting kids Our family alone is like 40 and the rest are Alana's fellow grads and childhood friends. I'm hoping for good weather, because in addition to the catered food, we plan on barbecuing. So, we'll be using the backyard, the deck and the house. If it rains, everyone will be in the house! This is the first time we'll be having anything in the yard so we're looking forward to it. Its just so much work though, I sometimes wish I was "bewitched" and could just twitch my nose and everything will be done I'm off tomorrow so that will help a lot.

LeeAnn - Congrats on your loss way to go! And all that yard work, I'm sure was really good exercise for you.

Hi Sandy, thanks for the congrats for Alana. I'm sure David will enjoy commencement much more with his friends along. Good luck to him!

Ruth, how was your graduation? Hope it went well - to you!

Hi Terri - Too funny about this whole red hat thing - oops, I passed 50 already, too late for me

L.j. - sorry to hear you're having such a rough time. Hang in there.

Well, gotta get back to work, trying to clean up everything before my 4 day weekend.

Talk to you's soon,

Hugs,
Dianne

Last edited by dpadro; 05-26-2005 at 11:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2005, 05:25 PM   #53  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hey ZoeGirl - did you notice your birthday listed on the bottom of the forum?

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 05-27-2005, 06:50 AM   #54  

Hi Zoe, a Very Happy birthday to you!!
Turning 50 is really a piece of cake. I am 52 and as Jen said it does make a difference, I am really enjoying life a lot more and stressing less about who I am.

Lots of love and best wishes for a healthy and joy filled year!
Sandy
Old 05-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #55  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!
I am 48 and really not dreading 50 at all. It is just another number in my books.

Besides by then I am going to look like
"the 50 yr old Grandma in the Bowflex commercial"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-28-2005, 06:44 AM   #56  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi

Welcome MrsKMS, I love your attitude about turning 50.

LJ, I used to find journaling fun. Now I think it's a pain in the butt. I do better with Flex. I heard the WP works. Do you have the site address? Are you exercising?

Mi amiga, I hope you have a great party today. The weather is nice.

Jen, 1 lb. woohoo Don't look at the big picture. Remember, one day at a time with baby steps.

I'm so glad we have a long weekend. I don't have any plans. I'll probably go to David's today. We go to the chinese buffet every Saturday. The weather is so nice. I'd rather barbecue.

Have a wonderful weekend my friends.

Hugs,
Es
Old 05-28-2005, 07:00 AM   #57  
Closed

Here you are Es.......makes for interesting reading too!! You'll see. And really it is WW points just arranged differently to help SHAKE things up!!

http://www.stormpc.com/ww/wendie_plan.htm

I always have journalled even when I tried Core. I had a GOOD day OP Program yesterday with points.... A GOOD DAY!
Like dinner for instance, I fixed shrimp = 3 pts worth, that was a good portion and some Bejing vegs and fresh mushrooms. Measure everything (made a game of it :-) and felt GOOD eating the WHOLE thing because I didn't have to worry about the I'm full thing....I WAS full and it felt good and the entire dinner was 5 pts....Just knowing I could eat the whole thing without wondering "am I full/satisfied"???? was worth it for me. I can only speak for me
Zoe, hope your SPECIAL Day was Just that!!

MrsKMS I am not quite there with you on the being ok at approaching that age but Love your attitude on it Loved your picture of the scenery...just beautiful....looking at it it could be anywhere, but where was it again, did you say?
Have a great weekend everyone......I am just looking to staying OP the rest of it. I believe I will !!
See you all in a few days....Lj
Old 05-29-2005, 07:29 AM   #58  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es, it was only day #1, not 1# I don't weigh in till Tuesday. I agree journalling is a pain in the butt, but it's just gotta be done. I'm not a fan of Chinese food, but on Friday tried broccoli in garlic sauce and loved it! I finally have something to eat when Joe wants to order. Previously I'd order crab rangoon and eat the whole order, along with some fried rice; looked up the rangoon and it comes to like 25 points

Dianne, don't know whether Alana's party was yesterday, or today....hope it was/is a huge success. Congratulations to her!

L.J., the whole concept of eating before I'm ravenous and quitting when I'm satisfied have obviously escaped me my entire life. I wouldn't be at the weight I'm at now if I could do that Which is why I chose to go with Flexpoints. Perhaps one day I'll give Core a shot, but that is in the far distant future. Good going, and keep it up!

Zoe, good job on the maintain!!! I hope your birthday was a good one. Our chimenea is of clay, I love it. Joe is the "firekeeper" He'll lay the fire in it, and then keep a small crate of feeder wood that he adds during the evening to keep it going. He likes tending the fire and does so frequently during the evening while we sit there.

Sandy, how is the garden going? Yesterday I worked in the morning, then spent the afternoon planting the herb garden and some flowers. Joe got most of the veggies planted, so we're doing okay so far. This year, as last, he started seeds indoors, but for some reason was not as successful as last. As a result, we had to purchase almost everything Still have lots to do in terms of sprucing up, moving some perennials, it never ends, does it? I've traded in kneeling while I garden for sitting on a milk crate but it works!

Terri, what's going on?

And now, my BIG NEWS.........Joey proposed to Iliana last night!!! She's been in Miami all week on vacation. He made dinner reservations at a very nice restaurant for late last night when she returned; he told the restaurant ahead of time that he was going to pop the question. We knew ahead of time, but have not seen the ring yet. He called last night at 12:30 to tell me they were engaged! I am thrilled for them both. She makes him very happy, and vice versa. They're coming by today so we can see the ring. No date has been set yet.

HI to Ruth, Leeann....
have a great long weekend, and a nice Memorial Day!

~Jen
Old 05-29-2005, 07:33 AM   #59  
NeverGiveUp

Smile

Hi Girls

LJ thanks for the site. That meal sounds delicious. 5 pts.! Sounds like a lot for 5 pts. I have to try it. I'm starting the WP tomorrow. Have a great day.

Hi, Jen, Terri, Dianne, Zoe, Leann, Ruth, Sandy, MrsKMS & Janie.

Hugs,
Es
Old 05-30-2005, 06:40 AM   #60  
NeverGiveUp

Talking

JEN, we were posting at the same time yesterday. I thought your WI was too soon but I figured you weighed in at home. How nice about Joey & Iliana. Is she older than him? David just can't seem to find the love of his life. I pray that he finds someone that will be good to him & will want children. Even if it's one. What is rangoon? Sounds like some type of animal. I love broccoli. When we go to the buffet I eat chicken & broccoli.

L.J., how's it going?

Have a nice day everybody.

Till tomorrow

Luv u's,
Es
Closed Thread