Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2005, 09:17 PM   #61  
Susan

Hi Ya'll,
I just got back from my brother's in East TX. I was his receptionist today and yesterday. It was actually fun and if I lived closer I would do it for him on a permament basis. Then I followed himn back to Dallas and he went on to the airport. He is flying out to pick up his fiancee in LA. She is in the process of moving out here. He was so HAPPY!

Tina, Glad you had a good trip. I love New Orleans! It's such a great place.
Tammy, I know your walk & talk were wonderful. I wish we were able to hear your talk.
Mimi, don't work too hard!!!
Tina637, Where in the world are you?
Old 04-29-2005, 09:04 PM   #62  

Susan, Tina, and Tammy the three travellers, no wonder it has been so quiet here this week.
I am off for the weekend. I got all the house work done this evening so that I can relax on the weekend.
I treated myself and got a hairstyle tonight too and some salon shampoo. The stylist was trying to talk me into a semi permanent rince to cover the grey (white actually) I don't know how I feel about it. I never was one to fuss much with my looks.
I also got a free one month trial at expessfit, its like curves but with better hours. I did the circuit twice and walked on the treadmill for 10 minutes. I thought a month was a really good trial period to see if I like it.
I want to tell you all a story I will try to keep it short. On Tuesday night Dan was asking me about the church group that I hung with when I was a teen. We talked for about an hour about how it was and some of the members. I also said that there were a few who took every little thing as a sign from God. I haven't heard from any of them in over 10 years. On Wed when I phoned home Dan said Mom you got a sign from God. One of the members had phoned that afternoon. I wonder what it means!!!!!
Mike got his work placement for school this week at one of THE restauraunts in town.
Soleil. It a French restaurant with a fancy menu, but they make everything from scratch, so he will really learn a lot.
Well I am all talked out for now,
Have a great weekend everyone. Enjoy the Spring.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:39 PM   #63  
Susan

Hi,
Hope everyonw is doing great!

Mimi, you are doing great. I'm glad you have the weekend off and are doing something for yourself. You deserve it!!! I do believe it's a sign that your friend called you. It's pretty cool!

Tina, have you recovered from your trip?

Tammy, how are you doing?
Old 04-30-2005, 04:57 PM   #64  

Tina, I was on and posted what seems like ages ago! This week has been tough after last weekend. It really took alot more out of me than I expected. I slept 3 1/2 hours after school one day.

Last night I went with the band to the state concert band contest. They received a 1!!! The band director said that it had been quite a few years since the band had received a 1 at state in marching AND concert band. The kids were thrilled. We got back to town about 11:30, and even though it was late, there were police cars, firetrucks, and cars with excited parents to parade around the town. Awesome!

Tim and I have been out looking at new cars today. Not for me. I got my van right after Bob's accident 1 1/2 years ago. We were just looking for Bob and/or Tim today. Not sure when or if we will actually be buying.

Tomorrow I'm going with Tim and Jessica to Bowling Green State Univ. They have rehearsal for the Ohio Music Ambassador Band they will be performing with this summer in Europe. They have practice from 12:30-5:30. There's a parent meeting at 1. I'm planning to take a book and just enjoy the day. I know there's a mall somewhere, so maybe I'll go check it out!

Tina, I've never been to New Orleans. I'd like to go someday. Want to meet there? lol
Old 04-30-2005, 06:58 PM   #65  
Thursday Lady

Wow, Congratulations to Tim and the other band members!
Tammy, I don't see how you were able to go car hunting today after last night. I am so proud of Tim. That's just wonderful. And it was neat having everyone waiting for them last night.
Have fun tomorrow. Check out that mall for me, too.
Yes, we must meet in New Orleans. Do you like jazz?
Susan, it sounds like you could have a new profession.
Sis, is all the snow gone? I can't believe it did that again.
Mimi, that was a strange happening.
Loodie, I hope your weather is better now.
Angie, that's great that you can share WW with your mom.
Easter Goal, how are you doing?

As soon as I get my photos onto the computer, I'll post one of me in NO. I never take many photos any more. I'd rather enjoy the sites instead of fooling with the camera.
Everyone have a great Sunday!
Tina
Old 04-30-2005, 09:12 PM   #66  
Susan

YEA!!!!!!! for Tim and the band! Just Ditto to everything Tina said. That is so wonderful!

Tammy, I can't believe that you got out and looked for cars either. Hope you found one.

Tina, I second the motion to meet in New Orleans. I love that place! It has so much character and characters. I would love to work for my brother if he just wasn't so far away. It would be a LONG commute.

I was able to fit into my pregnancy jeans yesterday. They are 2 sizes smaller than I was wearing. I just need to get back on track and start losing again. I plan on being real focused this week.
Old 05-01-2005, 10:31 PM   #67  
Thursday Lady

Hi,
I hope everyone had a great weekend. It was so pretty here. When I woke, it was a cool 58 degrees. Brrrr..... It warmed up to the 70's and felt great. We are really having Spring this year.
Tomorrow, I start back to serious exercising.
Tina
Old 05-02-2005, 10:17 AM   #68  
Susan

OH my it's MAY already!!!!! Where does time go? I'll start us a new thread.
Closed Thread