Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 10:01 PM   #46  

I'm sure Hawaii must be in the middle! lol

Tina, I've never heard that about cataracts, but who knows!

Welcome to Mosher!!! This is a great group!!

Susan, I plan to plant some tomato plants this year. That's about all I ever do. Our spring break is March 24-29. We have two 3-day weeks at school, so that's kind of nice. We used to only get Friday and Monday of Easter weekend off. We've graduated to 2 additional days. The Thursday of break, we are going college looking. Checking out Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. It's a good school, and one that Tim is interested in.
Old 03-07-2005, 10:43 PM   #47  
Thursday Lady

Tammy, I've meant to ask....how is Tim doing in the dating world? Is he even dating again? I know that's been hard on all of you.
I used to plant tomatoes. I just don't have good luck. Either the bugs or the birds get mine.
Old 03-08-2005, 04:48 AM   #48  

morning all,

just a bit about myself....let's see, i stand and sew all day long (no moving around) so yesterday i bought a pedometer trying to increase the number of steps i take each day. i also have 3 girls ages 7, 12, and 16 along with dh and a cockerspaniel/dacshund mix and a st. bernard ( my 200+lb baby)
Old 03-08-2005, 07:02 AM   #49  

Tina, Jessica's parents gave the kids permission to go to the prom together in May. Neither one of them was seeing anyone else during this time. At their church on Sunday, the sermon was about forgiveness. Apparently, Jessica's mom started feeling guilty about things (Her attitude toward Tim). She told Jess last night, that they can start dating again. Too much drama.

Mosher, we have a dachsund. He is hilarious.

Well, I guess I need to get ready for school. Testing this morning. Hope my voice holds out.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:17 AM   #50  
Thursday Lady

Good morning,
The sun is out and it's beautiful. This weather gives me hope for Spring.

Mosher, it's nice to meet you. You say that you stand and sew. That's peaked my curiousity. Can you elaborate?
I love to sew (not professionally) and do needlepoint. I'm getting more adventuresome with different needlepoint stitches. Now if I could just make myself sit down long enough to finish all the canvasses I've bought.
Tina637, how long did you stay at the YWCA yesterday?
Mimi, How does Mike like his job?
Susan, come on down and prepare and plant my garden, will ya!
Tammy, take care of that voice. You need lots of hot tea and lemon.
Sis, are you buried in snow up there? When is your daughter's Spring Break? Some schools here are out this week and others aren't out until around Easter.
I think Mimi is going to make her Easter Goal. Is anyone else?????
Old 03-08-2005, 01:29 PM   #51  

Height: 5'6"

Hi all!
It's snowing here again! Man, I can't wait till spring.
Mosher: I was wondering too..elaborate on the sewing thing. I love to sew...just don't have the patience!

Tina: I am usually there for an hour a day. I stopped with the weight training. I am not so sure that the weight training didn't have something to do with the 4 lb gain on Sunday. I still have 1lb of those 4lbs to get rid of...plus SOMETHING for htis week, hopefully. Not sure I will make it by Thursday. May have to go weigh in on Saturday. I only "cardioed" for 20 minutes or so today. I looked out the window and saw the snow comming down fast. I had to get home before they released school.

Tammy: I also plant only Tomatoes. I'd like to do more...but we never are able to take care of it all.

Susan: You and hubby are dedicated!! You are gonna have a BEAUTIFUL garden this year. Starting out early like this with all the preperations ensure that it will get planted on time. I'm sure you will LOVE it!

Mimi: I absolutely LOVE the saying at the bottom of your posts...By Colin Powell. Nicely said if I may say so myself!

Anyway...Take care all! Have a great day!
Old 03-08-2005, 09:36 PM   #52  

I made it through the testing this morning without losing my voice! I squeaked a couple times and the kids giggled, but it held out. We don't test again until Thursday now. I'll try not to talk too much tomorrow.

Took another 2 hour nap tonight.
Thursday night I start my Emmaus Team meetings for the Emmaus Walk that I'm on in April. I have my Talk written, but I know that I need to make some changes. I was surprised that once I started writing it, things just seemed to flow.
Old 03-08-2005, 09:49 PM   #53  
Christine

Hi everyone, I found you all...lol, I have had a bad food week, so much that I will use my no weigh-in pass this week, If I see it, I have been eating it. Trying to keep with the water. That has been my sanity. I am destined to get back on track. I am drinking water now and will do Tae-Bo in the morning when I wake. I am on spring break form college this week, so I have been using that as my licesne to eat it all. BAD< VERY BAD! Please help!! I need all of you!! My March goal is a 5 pound loss. This Thursday is my daughter (the oldest) will be 9. I am feeling old, but want to be healthy for them. Okay, off to a great rest of the week.

Christine
Old 03-08-2005, 10:22 PM   #54  
Thursday Lady

Good evening,

For new members and anyone else, our new March weigh-in thread is titled,
"Thursday Weigh-In for Leprechauns & Bunnies " I know, I know, it's too cutsey. Be sure to post your weigh-in results there.
Thanks!

Last edited by Tina; 03-08-2005 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:28 AM   #55  

morning all,

stand up sewing isn't as fun as it sounds. I work in a sewing factory and the machines are set up with foot pedals on the floor. its easier on your back to stand and sew but harder on your legs and feet. i sew jeep liberty wheel covers.

anyways, my walkings not going great. with standing still all day its hard to get in that many steps even with walking at lunch. might have to add an extra walk and home, but its so cold outside right now.

my eatings going ok. just trying to get used to what i can eat. i'll eat something that looks seemingly fine then when i look it up later it has 12 pts. (sure wasn't worth that)
Old 03-09-2005, 06:55 AM   #56  

Christine, I've been using any excuse for my eating lately. I don't know what has gotten into me, but I need to get with it too!!!

I got weighed this morning. Ladies, I have gained a gazillion pounds since the surgery. I really don't understand why I'm not getting myself under control. Those days that I was home must have been killers. I got into the habit of munching all day. At school I can't do that, but it isn't stopping me from eating at other times.

Tina, when I read the title of the other thread I really did laugh out loud!!! Kramer looked at me funny, so it must be a good one.
Old 03-09-2005, 09:36 AM   #57  
Susan

Howdy,

You guys are making me laugh. I'm ready for our trip to Hawaii, my bags are packed just tell me when the plane leaves.

Tina637, here is the funny thing about the garden.... my husband doesn't eat any of the vegetables. He does it all just for me. As for me, I eat them as fast as I can pick stuff and love giving it away. Wish everyone was close enough to share with.

Tina, it's goregous here. What about there??? I love this weather.

Tammy, I hate testing.... don't you like the way I hold back on my feelings. I know you love your Emmanus walk, it's hard to believe it's that time already.

Mosher, thanks for the info on sewing. Do you wear a back brace? I would think standing all day is hard on your back.

Christine, I like your little tracker deal. I guess I need to make one sooner or later.

Well I guess I better get ready to go to Curves. I could easily talk myself out of it today but NEED to go. I think I might see if there is a WW meeting too and go to it. It certainly won't hurt.

Susan
Old 03-09-2005, 03:30 PM   #58  
Susan

Just wanted to let everyone know I MADE IT TO A MEETING!!! Do you remember the lady that weighed me in the last time?????? The one who upset me so much! Well, she was there and said she had been thinking about me and thought I had been to a different meeting. I told her that I had not made it back to a meeting nor had done too well. She said, "let's just start you off new" She was so sweet to me. So I'm starting new. I was up 2 pounds from when I was there in Oct.

Susan
Old 03-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #59  

its been a long day at work, by the way it's easier on your back to stand and sew than it is to sit while sewing.

anyways just wanted to drop a line.
Old 03-09-2005, 05:16 PM   #60  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon,
It is such a pretty day here. I exercised for 41 minutes this morning. I just made the WW pineapple cake (cake mix, 5 egg whites, can crushed pineapple) and it's great (& only 4 pts. serving).

Susan, I'm so glad you had a good experience at the meeting this time.
Mosher, I love your tracker! I don't think I could stand all day and sew.

Closed Thread