Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2001, 10:54 AM   #31  
Fun Blonde

Thanks all for the advice. You know, you can't make anybody lose weight or quit drugs or quit smoking. It has to come from inside, right? I think I may have it inside this time. When I went in for the counseling, the lady asked if I had tried to quit before. Of course I have and was a bit ashamed that I have failed so many times. She said that it has been proven that if you have tried several times before, you will eventually quit. Each time you fail you find out what didn't work and what does work and you prove you really don't like the habit. So this should mean I will quit. When my DIL said that she had her fears of leaving the new baby with us when I smoke, that pretty much put the cap on it. I want this grandbaby to really know his grandma, like the Prince and Princess know Slavika.

Okay, guys, where do you get the cute images that move?
Glenda
Old 05-22-2001, 06:15 PM   #32  
Life Time 2001

GO TO NEW THREAD
Old 05-22-2001, 10:08 PM   #33  

G'day all,

Glenda Hope all the shared experiences on smoking have helped you. Slavika I don't do ANYTHING gradually and had I given up smoking gradually I would still be smoking now! That is not to say I did not have a few lapses but I am soooo pleased I persevered and yes it feels great.
Now for my next battle, I weighed myself this morning and assuming the scales are correct I have lost about 5lbs (2.6 kg) I asked dh if he thought the scales were correct, he seems to think they are. I know what has done it No alcohol. Another vice I do only full-on, if only I would stop after one or two glasses Even dh says that I look so much better and he now understands that perhaps I shouldn't drink at all. He is a person who does everything in moderation quite the opposite from me. It was becoming a habit of having a bottle of wine every night with our meal and if we were out some liqueurs as afters as well
The last time I achieved goal was when I limited my consumption of alcohol to weekends but with this life style just about every day is like a weekend. Tonight friends are coming to visit us for dinner (they are here on holidays) and I know they will assume I will have a few drinks. I have decided to tell them that I have discovered alcohol does not agree with me and I feel so much better without it so I will stick to water

And as I talk of doing nothing in moderation, I was up till 2.30 this morning messing about with my webpage! I decided to go back to software I know rather than try and get my head around 'Dreamweaver'.

Lily Goats??????? I will take your word for it that they are cute

Karen love your new avatar, looks great!

Ann My dh works for an American Co., Lucent Technologies, it is the type of work he does that takes him all over the place. Being an American Co based in Warren, New Jersey we really hope that one day they will decide that it is a good idea for us to get to see headoffice

Trudy I miss your posts but I hope you are having a great holiday. Any cyber cafe's where you are???

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread