View Poll Results: How many times a week do you exercise? Walking to the TV doesn't count...
Not at all matey! 3 15.79%
Once a week 3 15.79%
2/3 times a week 5 26.32%
4/5 times a week 7 36.84%
6 times a week 1 5.26%
Every day (crazy crazy crazy) 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 05:55 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

so what disgusting topic can i put on the poll today??

hooray - it's friday!
i think i've managed to confuse some of you. i'm not moving in with my BF (not while we still work together anyhow). i was helping him look at places cos he and his friend are finally moving out of student accommodation (they should both have been kicked out years ago but they seem to have slipped the net). but it was nice to hear him say that hopefully after a year or so of renting with his friend he'd be thinking about moving in with me. and although i'd love to buy somewhere, have you seen the price of accommodation in london?! a one-bedroom flat in a dodgy area miles from the centre would still cost you well over $150,000. (does anyone else pull the relevant face while they type the smiley in or is it just me?).
i was thinking about when i started WW and although i wasn't single i was in a long-distance relationship (i was in oxford, exBF was in dublin) so i only saw him every few weeks for a weekend. and i think it really helped me lose weight because i could plan my own meals and i didn't go out as much. being able to see current BF almost every day is very hard on points! lots more boozing and eating out, plus he can eat whatever he likes! maintaining is definitely more work for me!
thanks for the advice on my audition outfit! it's not till next wednesday but i'm already quite anxious. i might need to get new trousers cos most of mine show off my belly button and i'm not sure that's appropriate for BBC weather girls!! i think a 3/4-sleeve shirt with black smart trousers. just need to decide on colour of shirt....
virtual model thing is cool emily! i'm making mine right now (i do like to multi-task). but i better go work. so HELLO to everyone old and new, i'll be
back later for more inane witterings,
kirsty
Old 05-18-2001, 06:07 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

Default virtual model

i finished making my virtual model at landsend. it looks nothing like me! booh. i'd never buy anything from them if the stuff looks as bad on me as it does on my model!
suppose that's why magazines use those skinny clotheshorses...
Old 05-18-2001, 06:36 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello Everyone! Sorry I didn't post yesterday - was lurking but no time to write. Lots of work stress (eek!) that won't go away for a while yet, so just a brief hello! today to let you know I'm still alive (just about...). Evil poll, Kirsty - reminds me how lazy I have become, you know what it's like when work takes over everything and you CAN'T make time for anything else (even skipped WI this week, first time ever), but I put 2/3 times a week because that is what I usually do and hey! if I write it, maybe I'll do it (does that ever work?). YIPPEE! to all the losers, welcome (back!) Janet, Cuba, Heather, Emily, welcome Girlie, and hugs! to everyone else.

Maybe back later ...

Lolly
xxx
Old 05-18-2001, 08:51 AM   #4  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Good Morning Ladies

HI Kirsty and Lolly, I have been lurking for the past few days, I am feeling like you Lolly, work has been insane and I feel like I don't have time to get everything done We are working on a large campaign right now and I am the "assistant" boss.....which means that I actually have to do ALL the work, and I don't even get anything for doing it, "it will be good experience" which means that I work hard and they save money!!!! I laugh when I tell people that I work at a bank and they think I make LOTS of money.....I don't think so!!!

OK enough of that, I am getting mad just typing about it.... went to WI on Wed and was down .2# I'll take it! Congrats to all the other losers this week I felt really good when I left the meeting because a woman who is in a bit of a rut came over to talk to me because I sound so positive and motivated(I must have put up a good front that day!!!) I gave her some ideas(all stolen from you guys of course BUT I did give you all credit:wink: and she is going to try them out!!!

Brenda: GO AVS!!!! When I was younger Roy was my favorite goalie.....I will not admit it anywhere but here but I WAS(in the past) a die hard Montreal Fan.....I felt I had to support Canada and I certainly wasn't going for Toronto!!!!! Now my Canadian team is Ottawa and my fav team is Buffalo.....

Kirsty and Emily(HI) I also went to that Landsend site and Kirsty I feel the same as you....If I actually look like that in clothes I think I am just going to wear a MOO MOO!!!!(kidding) but seriously, the clothes looked terrible on "me"!!!!

Alright I have spent far to much time in here already and I am going to get caught because people keep coming over to my desk to ask questions....
Belle, Ali and all the other Canadians out there have a FABULOUS long weekend.....WOO HOO May 2-4!!!!!! I can't wait until 5 Let the Drinking begin

To everyone else have a fantastic weekend, talk soon
Steph
Old 05-18-2001, 09:47 AM   #5  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Guys, still here - well, different computer but you know what I mean. Steph, Kirsty, I tried that LandsEnd thingy too and it said I look like a HIPPO. Even photos of me at my fattest (found some last night ... big, big shock ... did I really look like that?) were never so unflattering. Never again!

Sigh. It's Friday. If I had a proper job I would be looking forward to going home in about 2 and a half hours. The bummer about research is that you can never get away from it. You don't have set hours so you always think you should be doing more. And even when you're not at work you find yourself thinking about it. I'm having a career crisis at the moment - do I really want to carry on with this after I finish my PhD (assuming I do)? At the moment, the answer is no. It's too stressful and I just don't have the intellectual confidence to defend my ideas in front of other people, which is kind of the whole point of doing research. Anyway, upshot is, at the moment I am seriously questioning my vocation and wondering what I can do. I've put 3 years into this, but now I don't know if I can pull it off. It's scary. Fortunately Blokey is wonderful and supportive (he went through a similar thing - took 5 years over his PhD then changed course and went into schoolteaching) and I do have an alternative. I've always loved translating, and I'm good at it, and getting a good reputation with the people who matter, so I'm wondering about doing a masters in translation (my Mum will go apeshit - more study? will I EVER get a proper job?) and trying to break into the field. It's hard to make money at first, but once you get established it's fine.

All this just means I've been really bad about journalling, haven't written anything down for over a week and even gave in to a McyD's ice cream sundae last night, which did NOT do wonders for my digestive system ... but I just didn't care. I think I need to take this weekend out and try and get my brain back in gear and recommit to everything - WW, PhD, looking after myself again. Will go to WI on Tuesday, face the music and see what happens.

Ok, well, sorry about the pity party rant, but I thought I'd let you guys know what's going on with me, so you maybe understand when I go a couple of days without posting. It's not that I don't love you! I also figured that maybe by writing it down it would seem more manageable ... does that work for any of you?

Ok, back to work ... HUGS!

Lolly
xxx
Old 05-18-2001, 09:53 AM   #6  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Finally Friday!!!

Weeee!! I'm super glad it's Friday! We had a bad storm last night and bosses power was knocked out so she'll be late. Cool! Time to post before I have to really get busy!
Kirsty: I, too, make the faces. Can you picture it??!!
I'm going to landsend to make my model now.

I put 2/3 times per week cause that's what I used to do. Once again, I woke up, thought about Tae-Bo, went back to sleep. At least it's on my conscious. Truthfully after being jolted out of bed at 3am from the lightning and thunder, the last thing I wanted to do at 5am was jump around and Karate Chop!! Did anyone see Friends?? HIIIII YAAAA!!!
I'd better get something done!
Have a great day, I'll be back later this afternoon! BYE!
Lolly: Hang in there!! One of these days I'll go back to school and get my education degree.....one of these days.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:01 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default hey lolly and stephanie

i made my virtual model 6ft4 and 100 pounds just to see what it looked like (strangely enough those aren't my stats!) and it was still hefty! and the hairstyles!! man, i really hope you guys don't have any of those styles!!
lolly - chin up love. from my phd experience i'd say "RUN AWAY!" you have to do what makes you happy, and i am sooooo much happier living in the real world, getting paid a decent wage and receiving compliments from my boss and colleagues on my work (as opposed to being told i'm crap, oh yes, i had such a lovely supervisor!).
i know you'd be fab as a translator, apart from the whole language side of things you are brilliant with people. i'm sure your parents would understand, mine were very supportive of me when i had my phd crisis. perhaps you could arrange some work experience as a translator just now. then you could put the phd on hold for a few months, get some experience and contacts and then see what you want to do. if you don't want to go back to the thesis then you may have a route to get into translating at your fingertips...
either way, take this weekend off and go destress and be healthy. did you see my email about the health farm offer in eve magazine? we should def go!!
steph - hope you aren't feeling too stressed with your work, not long till the weekend and drinkies!
i work till 6pm but we have treats on a friday. yummy low in fat olives. mmmmmm.

hope everyone else is ok,
k
Old 05-18-2001, 10:02 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

stacey - i was so tired this morning i almost didn't go to the gym and then i thought what a hypocrite i'd be cos of you so i dragged my *** down there! and i did another 28 mins on the treadmill, i'm slowly getting a bit faster - hooray!
Old 05-18-2001, 10:10 AM   #9  
Scotland's finest export

Default this is me...

ok, this is my model (if this works)
Old 05-18-2001, 10:11 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default and here is my BF

mmm, what a lovely couple we make...
Old 05-18-2001, 10:13 AM   #11  

Default Happy Friday!

Hi Girls! I lurked yesterday but didn't post-I was too tired!
I wimped on exersizing as well yesterday-working 90+ ours per week can so that to ya! Thank goodness next week is the last week of that for me...
Welcome to all of the newbies....I am off now to try the virtual land's end thing-it sounds cool-more later as I am working overnight again...
Kirsty-I hear you about it being harder to maintain when you are in a r'ship...luckily my DF and I are both trying to lose weight and savemoney so that will cut down on the eating out
I too make the faces!
Old 05-18-2001, 10:14 AM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default Tra La - Its may long weekend!! Woo hoo!!

Only a few hours to go, yay!! Iam going camping in BC (Invermere) with my sister and her hubby and about 30 other people (and b/f of course). I am so excited!! YAY!! My sister is NOT an outdoorsey girl, so this should be funny...

I was lurking a bit here and there yesterda too, but work was crazy busy. thank god it isn't today - I can get some little crappy things out of the way, you know? Yikes. I was insane yesterday.

Well, I missed WI last night - ended up renting meet the parents and I forgot until I had 10 more minutes left of the mtg and had to miss it. I will try to make one tomorrow morning before I leave for BC.....BUT I feel a bit better in my jeans today, I must say. They are looser and I am wearing my belt on teh third notch. So, I am hoping....

Hey, have any of you ever used dexatrim? there is a girl I know who dropped otu of WW and started using that and lost like 17 lbs (she says, but she doesn't look much different). Now , I know those are over the counter, but I am pretty sure they contain PPA which is v. dangerous I think.....I don't think I can tell her that though.

Well, lots has been going on it seems. I will go check out that virtual model thing, sounds v. interesting!!

Kirsty I so agree that seeing b/f everyday is hard for points. my b.f is super thin and eats wahtever he wants.....its tough.

Lolly - I had to say 4-5 times since I walk to work every day (still!! and its getting easier and I am getting faster - v. cool). I can't say I envy you doing research - hate it!! Oh well, I am sure you get paid well....after all, you were just in SPAIN!!

Stacey - I love Tae Bo, I do a video and when I can get to the gym, I try to do it there. Do you like it? Its v. imporatnant that you find something you like. I am lucky now b/c I am walking to work, so I do it whether I like it or not - and I feel really good once I get to work too....

Steph and Ali (and any other canadians....lori I think?) enjoy your long weekend girls. Long live victoria day!

Belle
Old 05-18-2001, 10:28 AM   #13  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Hate Fridays

HATE THEM! HATE THEM! HATE THEM! I came in this morning to find a nasty email from an alert reader who didn't like one of my stories. I am "one pathetic individual," according to this guy. Sigh. I get these from time to time and they never cease to upset me.

Now I have to go report on a shooting that happened last night. Oh, joy.

On the bright side, I got on my scale this morning and it read 181. I'm now convinced the WW scale was wrong the other day. My scale usually reads about 2 pounds less than the WW scale (cuz I weigh nekked! )

Well, I have to go.
Old 05-18-2001, 10:30 AM   #14  
Eve's Mom

Default Kim

Pay them no mind. Good on ya about the scale.

Really doing work now.

Belle
Old 05-18-2001, 10:35 AM   #15  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

ok lol im goign to read the posts in a minute i just caught up to yesterday
and i wondered why middle of the day yesterday i had the urge to make a landsendmodel of my own are you chicks sending me psychic vibes?
ps kirsty mine looks nothing like me
huge hips no stomach bleh
Closed Thread