View Poll Results: How many times a week do you exercise? Walking to the TV doesn't count...
Not at all matey! 3 15.79%
Once a week 3 15.79%
2/3 times a week 5 26.32%
4/5 times a week 7 36.84%
6 times a week 1 5.26%
Every day (crazy crazy crazy) 0 0%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2001, 10:36 AM   #16  
flibbertobbergenie!

How's about this for depressing???
Old 05-18-2001, 10:39 AM   #17  
flibbertobbergenie!

But apparently this is what I used to look like ... check out those thighs!!! Do you think they ever sell any clothes after people have seen these??!
Old 05-18-2001, 10:43 AM   #18  
Scotland's finest export

ooh, i do like your hair...
Old 05-18-2001, 11:12 AM   #19  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

LOLLY... I am the EXACT same model as you. We are twins. COOLLLL!

My day is OK, can't wait for it to be over. I have WI tomorrow but a Pampered Chef party tonight. She is making Marguaritas..... yikessssssssss. I will have a little one.... I hope!

I really don't have much to say today. I hope I can get outside this weekend and get some yard work done. Hubby and I are going to see STOMP! tomorrow night and going out for dinner. Emma is going to Grandma's for the night! It should be nice!!!!! THe only kid we will have is the dog!!

Speaking of which, I walked EVERY day this week. I can't believe it. AND almost every day it was in the morning. Emma is on a weird clock this week and has been getting up around 5:30 all week. UGGGHHH.. sure makes it hard for us to get ready. So we get her up and hubby feeds her while Sadie and I go for a walk!

Well, I better get back to work... Be back later!
Old 05-18-2001, 11:30 AM   #20  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Default Hi Again Everyone!!

Since everyone else put there "model" here's mine.....that hair AHHGGGGG if mine actually looked like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And the shoulders aren't broad enough and the chest is too small!!!!
Old 05-18-2001, 11:45 AM   #21  
flibbertobbergenie!

Lands End should be shot! How many people do you think have locked themselves away in a tent dress after seeing their 'likeness'?! Jen - hello twinny!
Old 05-18-2001, 11:47 AM   #22  
Scotland's finest export

anyone know of any other sites that use your info to create a more accurate double? i like doing it, but wish the results were more realistic! nobody has hips like those lands end ladies!
Old 05-18-2001, 12:08 PM   #23  

OK-So I went to Land's end and printed out myself at 180, 150, 140, and 130...and guess what??? the 140 and 150 pounds were identical-I measured the paper!!! And chasngeing my height by and inch did nothing...so they must have ranges for these things...what I want to know, is why bother asking your weight when it is preset? It doesn't differentiate 10 pounds!!! that's like 1-2 sizes..and we all know we see the difference after like 5 pounds...bet they aren't selling a lot of clothes that way, although it is a neat idea...Lori
Old 05-18-2001, 12:12 PM   #24  
Eve's Mom

Default I did the exact questionnaire

and mine is way smaller.....I don't know how to post it though...but anyway, it was way skinnier looking than i am. My b/f was EXACT!! EVEN the hair, it was way funny.
Old 05-18-2001, 12:18 PM   #25  

Default no time to read posts!

I wasn't here yesterday and I don't have time to read todays posts yet. I will come back later if I have more time. I still wanted to post and say hello to everyone!!!!! Happy Friday!!

I have done ok with food this week, over every day but have earned exercise points to cover myself except for last weekend. I still feel pretty good though. I have not yet decided if I am going to WI tonight or tomorrow morning. since I can't stay for the meeting tomorrow, I don't know whic I would rather do. I feel like I should lose and am afraid to kinx it.

I am the only one who put down exercise 6 days a week. I always do 5 times a week and sometimes 6 if I can get to the gym on Saturday. I think I will be back at 4/5 withthe busy summer weekends due to wedding travel.

I hope you all have a super weekend. I hope our weather gets better, it is rather dreary right now. Am going to Philly for a wedding shower tomorrow. Food makes me nervous but I will do my best. See you Monday!!!

Sarah
194.4/161/153
Old 05-18-2001, 12:48 PM   #26  
Never Quit!

Hello everyone! WOW you gals have been busy. I logged on this morning and there were already an hours worth of postings. I am going to have to check in with everyone first thing in the am.

Well, I stayed on program yesterday and did 90 minutes of ballroom. It felt great. My BF and I do that twice a week. But I really need to do some walking and gradually build to running again...or I will NEVER get back on the soccer field. Dancing and soccer brings me true joy. I mean PURE Fun for me!

I have weigh in tomorrow morning and just don't "feel" like I lost. I hope I am wrong. I went over on Sunday and Wednesday. We will see.

Kimbi: I did the same thing. I had an injury, and instead of going to physical therapy, I stayed off it (no exercise) and it didn't help. I finally began physical therapy and didn't go 100%, and look where it landed me. Although I can dance in 3" heels, I am so out of shape to play soccer. Not to mention all the "cutting" and "stopping short". I just can't hang at the moment. I will eventually get back to the Dr. to give me another recommendation for physical therapy. I need to give it my all.

Lolly: It is funny to hear about your research woes. I am in marketing and rely heavily on the market research the team does. When someone disagrees with me, I usually reply; "you can't argee with hard research". And it is true. But I am always a believer that you should love what you do. Life is too short to be in a miserable job.

Ok everyone, I have to jet. Have a wonderful weekend and wish me luck for tomorrow.

Cuba
Old 05-18-2001, 01:06 PM   #27  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

lolly and jen we're twins tooo whats with those thighs?
Old 05-18-2001, 01:52 PM   #28  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I know my butt is big, but I really don't believe I have that huge of hips. Funny is that I upped my weight also and like Lori said, it didn't change. Not too realistic! I also bet that I could look good in some of the clothes that look aweful!

Kirsty... are your hips that big or is it just an illusion! tee hee
Old 05-18-2001, 02:16 PM   #29  

Hey chiquitas…by the number of posts here I’m thinking you girls do more by noon than I do all day! I had two friends defend their dissertations today so I feel like I’ve been eating and celebrating all day. Chocolate cake, champagne, a big greek lunch (read greek as fat in everything)…good stuff but I think I’ve already gone over my points and it’s only 2:00! I think that means I’ll be having coffee and popcorn for dinner (what? did you expect me to say a big plate of 0pt vegetables? you don’t know me very well…)

Lolly—I totally understand about the research thing. I’m almost four years into my doctorate and NOW I’m starting to wonder if this is the life that I really want. I mean, there’s just something to be said for a job where you can go home at five and not think about it the rest of the day…or take a whole weekend off and not feel guilty because you should be doing this or that experiment.

I love that LandsEnd model; I’ve been putting in my measurements all the way through my little weight loss adventure. And what I love now is going back and putting in my old measurements from when I started and seeing the difference in how the exact same dress looks on the model.

Heather
187.4/136.6/130
Old 05-18-2001, 03:52 PM   #30  
Believe it & Achieve it

o.k. how do you put in your exact measurments?? Cause I swear my hips are not a big as my hubby thinks they should be. My mom has put in her exact measurements though and she says it still does not look right to her. Go figure. Well I am still buying that plum colored tankini I absolutley love it. If I look awful in it then I just need to work my a** a little harder to look better in it. This is the first summer I have been smaller than a size 16 and I want to show it off!

Well yesterday I overate on points. Not sure how much but the BBQ was yummy. Today I am already at 21 pts for the day. not cool, but oh well. I am having roasted veggies and a 4 pt lean cuisine for dinner.

I am officially starting my wheat/dairy/refined sugar free diet tommorow. I had to wait till payday to be able to buy the things we needed and that day has come! Beleive it or not, I am fairly excited about all of the potential possibilities I have been finding in recipes and just in comparison shopping with food.

Another exciting note~I finally found two excercise partners! I'm not sure how often we will be able to get together to exercise as our schedules are unmercifully demanding but it should be often enough to keep each other encouraged to keep doing it.

Well I should run. I have a lot to get done while all of the kids are sleeping (this is a true rarity) Chat with you all later.

Emily
Closed Thread