View Poll Results: Where is the most memorable (for whatever reason) place you've gone to the loo?
Famous building/monument 3 20.00%
Famous person's bathroom/restroom 0 0%
Somewhere you shouldn't have... 1 6.67%
Somewhere disgusting 5 33.33%
Somewhere really posh 2 13.33%
Other, details please, heck gimme details on all your answers! 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 11:04 AM   #31  
Scotland's finest export

my ex-flatmate's bf pissed (pee'd) on the toilet floor and then walked it into the carpet outside the bathroom. i was so grossed out i said to him "did you just pee on the floor?" and he said "yes" and walked away. flatmate had a huge go at me for saying it to him and said i was making him feel unwelcome there (up till then he was welcome, but staying and not paying bills and pissing on the floor tend to make most folk unwelcome!). thankfully she moved out to move in with him and then they moved to ireland. she was very odd. she has no friends so keeps emailing me now and again, asking me to visit them in ireland (as if!) and telling me she's engaged and so on. i never reply. i figure i'm only going to invest my time in good friends that i can rely on. quality, not quantity.
Old 05-11-2001, 11:13 AM   #32  

Default Belle~

Hi Belle~ I bet you gained some muscle but also lost some fat but muscle weighs more than fat. I bet next week or the week after you will have a big weight lost! When you exercise as much as you have this past week your body has to adjust to it, but cheer up you did so great!!!! That toilet story was hilarious!!! I have a scar on my bum too from when I was a kid and rode my boke into a tree....there was a pice of glass nearby and I was wearing a skirt. All I remember was the ER doctor saying that he liked my poka dot underwear~~freaky! What is going on with your bf??? That's really horrible that he said that stuff....maybe it's time for you guys to go your seperate ways or at least tell him you want time away from him and it could possible become forever. Take the control back. He shouldn't have the power over you that he does now. Eith he shapes up or gets shiped out. And~~you better post no matter what mood you are in!!!

Well, my co workers just had a get together and gave my a present. They are so nice. Isn't it awful the way when you are leaving everyone shows that they are really nice people. They gave me a card with the nicest words in it!

Have a good one!! Cheer up Belle!
Old 05-11-2001, 11:23 AM   #33  
flibbertobbergenie!

Aw Belle, honey, sounds like you have truly got yourself an emotional ****wit. Respect for seriously considering getting rid of him. If you feel even the tiniest smidgeon of a weight lifting in your tummy (you know that feeling?) when you think about breaking up with him, it's the thing to do - just be honest with yourself. And re: WI - get ready for a big ker-chunk next week. With all the walking and stuff your body is probably still adjusting

Trish - thanks for the American idea. I will be cosmopolitan and unashamed! And maybe wear some pretty jewellery with it ... I have a good (fake!) tan, so I shouldn't look like death warmed up or anything. Isn't it funny how there are such different expectations about what to wear to things like this?

Kirsty - flatmates and pee. Yuck. Shared a flat with 2 chaps in Spain, one of whom had a little substance abuse problem and would spray the whole bathroom when he came in all high. Of course, neither of them ever picked up a cleaning cloth (everything you heard about Spanish men is true!). It stank so bad. And right opposite my bedroom! Of course, that's nothing to the time he came in and ate half a raw rabbit's head out of the freezer ...

Lxxx
Old 05-11-2001, 12:08 PM   #34  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

UGGHHHH, just found out that 2 guys, one being my hubby are out buying some shelves for work and are getting some frozen pizza for the staff for lunch. Pizza is my downfall, so I know I will eat some. I am starving at the moment too! We have a pizza oven here at work, so they taste yummy!

Lots of posts today... cooool! It is rainy and gloomy here today. We have the worst meteorologists. They can never predict the correct weather... KIRSTY... I hope you can knock some sense into those weather people!!

Better skidaddle...
Old 05-11-2001, 12:49 PM   #35  
Running Babe

Whee, had work orientation last night. It went well, but it was so not busy last evening so I fluffed up displays and such. I call for my hours this afternoon. It's cool though the store I work at goes up to 18, still not the largest range of sizes, but still better than a lot which are out there (at least here in Canada).

Anyhoo, I have this dang cold which I can't stand and my ear is blocked. Oh well, I am planning to go for a walk and I weight trained this morning.

So see y'all later!

Ali
Old 05-11-2001, 12:53 PM   #36  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Jen: maybe hubby will be nice and get you a veggie kind? If not, then I say eat it, count it and plan for dinner. I also LOVE pizza and have a hard time saying no. I think it is the cheese for me.

Speeking of pee, I went home for lunch and the dog peed on the couch. She did not want me to go. so I had to clean that up. What a yucky day like that.

Belle: Kirsty is right, we are here for you so please don't worry about being too down to post. You know, I am in communication too and at times I wonder why? It just seems like such a dumb, thankless job sometimes. I guess that is the lot of us PR chicks sometimes. and regarding BF, he really sounds very emotionally imature sometimes. I would say he needs major help in his communication skills. If you feel the need to break up, then I say do. From past experience (I know we have all been there) it is better to be without than to deal with these men sometimes.

Ok, I am going to get into so much trouble for being on-line so much today. Talk with you all soon

Trish
Old 05-11-2001, 01:01 PM   #37  
Scotland's finest export

hope you don't get into trouble trish, it's good to have you around!
Old 05-11-2001, 01:09 PM   #38  
Go Avalanche!!

Default What a Friday topic!! Woohoo!

I’m trying to come up with a good pee location but it’s not something I have thought about before!! You get major points for creativity Kirsty!!! Oh, wait! Reading the posts reminds me of one!! I was at a company party for my Dad when he retired last year (retired early yeah for him!). Anyway, it was at this very posh country club type place in Downtown Denver. I’m thinking maybe the owner of the company (who my dad has known for over 35 years) is a member. The bathroom was very fancy and instead of regular paper towels they had cloth like ones. There was a woman in there who pumped the soap for you to wash your hands and then handed you the towels. They had fancy hand lotion, Q-tips, cotton balls, you name it! Way too foo foo for me! I felt weird having someone else pump my soap!

Oh no! Kay’s post reminded me of a better one! Right before a friend of mine moved to Germany awhile back, he was dying to take us to a club Downtown. Forgive me if I’m not politically correct, but this was not a straight club! It was a big group of us (about half straight half not). This place was packed! Anyway, I had been drinking all night and just had to pee. I went back to the bathroom and it didn’t matter which was which. There were male and female in both. The most hilarious part was the perfume machine on the wall. I didn’t partake, but someone was putting coins in it and it would spray right on you. I just had to do a double take b/c I had never seen that before. Leave it to the Brits & Scots to bring back these memories *wink wink nudge nudge*

DH once had a drunk naked girl pee in his closet during a party. He and his dad had to fight her to get her clothes back on – flailing arms and legs and all!! Can you say mental picture?

Kirsty: My brother and I are going out for beer and a good talk after work. I can’t wait!!!

Lolly: Yes, we are very loooowwwww *snicker* Refined and delitcate??? HEHEHEHEHEHEHE Yeah, us Americans just go right out back with the dogs!
Hmmmm, are we going to have a mind gutter competition here? Don’t write us off so easily!! Paying for your toilet paper by the sheet. Now I am frightened

Sarah: Don’t fret about WI! Just start over. That rehearsal sounds so exciting

Trish: What a way to help you stay OP huh? Nothing in the fridge to tempt you for sure!!

Steph: Yeah! Another hockey fan!! In response to your story; DH and I have a mutual friend who is somewhat homophobic. He waked in on two guys that fit your Mom’s phrase really well!! It’s something I like to bring up every so often just to pick on him. At least he can laugh about it. Am I bad or what???

Belle: I’m about to laugh and cry at the same time!! I can’t stand the horror and humor!! On the b/f: that’s it, GET RID OF HIM!!!! He keeps bringing you down and making your life a roller coaster. You are much better than that!!

Stacey: HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHHE. I love your story

I love my husband! I was supposed to have a candle party last night (the hostess postponed) and I got home to this incredible dinner! First he gave me a strawberry shake made with low fat yogurt and 1% milk (I was on the internet trying to get Av’s tickets for tomorrow – no luck ). That was very yummy and was only 4 points. When I finally made my way out of the office, he handed me a plate. He made orange roughy with Raegae seasoning and steamed veggies! The orange roughy was so good! Oh, does anyone know points for it? They don’t have it listed in the Complete Food guide so I guessed at 5 points. I think I ate about 4-5 ounces. Any guidance on points would be appreciated. So you guys want to die at how simple it was for him to make it? All he did was lay the fish out on a piece of foil, season it, wrap it up in the foil and stick it in the oven. Great way to do chiken too. I always have a hard time grilling chicken so this is a great way to keep it moist and make sure it’s done. I ended up at 24 points for the day! I also walked Nestle b/c I didn’t have to go to a show. I did 50 sit-ups and 25 of the leg raises. You know when you raise both feet to work your stomach muscles? Anyway, that earned me 2 exercise points All in all it was a good WW day.

Oh, little tid bit you might not know: Honduras is a country at high risk for Malaria!!! We had a blood drive here at work yesterday and I have given before so I was going to give again. Well, when they do your interview before you give they ask you if you have been outside of the country in the last year. Of course we were on our cruise for the honeymoon. Since we were in Honduras I can’t give until late July. Well, just another thing our crappy Travel Agent didn’t bother to mention. We didn’t check into vaccines or anything. I know we’re fine, but I though that was interesting. The blood center has 8 pages of places that are high risk for tons of reasons. (Stacey: Cozumel is OK)

Wow am I a typer today. Just too much stuff going on

"The happiest people seem to be those who have no particular cause for being happy except they they are so." -- William Ralph Inge
Old 05-11-2001, 02:36 PM   #39  

OK... Had the pizza. I had brought my lunch too, so now I have to drag that back home. Anyhoo, had 3 SMALL pieces and figured it to be about 9 points... plus a root beer soda... 3 points... total is 12 plus 3 for breakfast (I ate light and skipped my morning snack cuz of the pizza)... 15 points so far. I can do this! YAH ME... that means I can have a decent supper. I have WI tomorrow too. And I plan to walk tonight!!

OHHHH and in my Friday Stupidity I forgot to mention... I am wearing jeans today. MY OLD JEANS! YES!!!!!!!!!! I haven't worn jeans since I was PG and they finally fit again. OK, these are my biggest size, but they fit. That means I am on my way to getting SMALLER than I was BEFORE I got PG. VIRGIN FAT! How awesome is that??

Ok I better get back to work!
Old 05-11-2001, 02:38 PM   #40  

PS... my b-day is next week and I will be 29... I am almost too old for the 20-somethings. But I figure if you let Trish still post, then maybe I can too!
Old 05-11-2001, 04:08 PM   #41  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default It's my potty ...

(Hope some people are around! I got into work late because I was coming back from the B&B that I stayed in last night for the shower!)

LOVE the poll question. I just wish we called them loos in the U.S. instead of plain old toilets. My most memorable ... just remembering brings back happy memories of high school! My friends and I in HS used to hang out under this Autobahn bridge that was right near the river. On weekend nights, we'd drive our cars out there and park in a circle with the headlights on so everyone can see. Then we'd drink, dance, sit by the river, you name it. Anyway, the partying was on one end of the pavement, while the other end had the "bathrooms." Girls went to one side, boys to the other.

My biggest gripe about European toilets? The ones you have to pay for! What a pain when you really, really have to pee and you have to dig in your pocket for coins to feed the stall. Or, worse, not having any change and having to beg someone to hold the door for you! And I remember the first time I saw one of those hole-in-the-ground toilets in France. I was horrifed!

Belle, honey: I tend to agree with Brenda. I think it might be time to get rid of this guy. He's playing you, and you're getting hurt over and over and over. You deserve so much better than that. He keeps saying things to you that are downright MEAN. Don't let him do that! Don't tell him it's OK! It's NOT OK. No one has the right to treat you like that. The right guy who will love you for you is out there, and the relationship you want shouldn't come in fits and starts the way it is now. I'm sending you a BIG HUG! And I don't think you should see him tonight.

Well, I hate to run, but I need to write a story. I'll check back later...
Old 05-11-2001, 04:16 PM   #42  
A Yankee in Virginia

Jen: You better still post! (I'll be 29 in October and I'm not going anywhere!)
Old 05-11-2001, 05:06 PM   #43  

Kim... tee hee... I'll still post!!! After all, I am going to be 29 for the next 10 years... unless 30 proves to be wonderful to me. But honestly... I am just not ready to grow up. My poor little Emma is going to be one of those kids that is mortified because her mother is weird!! I still dance around the house and do goofy things all the time. I tackle hubby... you know, all those things that make kids embarrassed. But for right now Emma loves it when I dance with her... Even Sadie the dog loves it. She puts her paws on my hips and dances with me! We are a goofy household! SO I WILL NOT STOP POSTING!!!

Belle... Kim is SOOOO RIGHT. IT IS NOT OK! It is never OK to have your feelings hurt. No matter how cute and nice the person tries to be after the fact. THE FACT IS THAT HE STILL SAID IT. And not just once, there is a pattern here. As much as it will hurt to leave him, your hurt will not last forever, you just need to get over the initial pain of it all. You can never force someone to love you... and in my honest opinion... he doesn't. I think it was Trish that said he is immature. I agree, he needs to learn how to treat a woman!!! You can do much much better and deserve much much better!! So many of the things you said that he said really made me mad. I would never let anyone get away with talking to me like that, especially someone that was my bf!! Let us know what happens and remember, we are always here to lean on!

55 minutes and my weekend starts! YAHHHHH
Closed Thread