View Poll Results: Where is the most memorable (for whatever reason) place you've gone to the loo?
Famous building/monument 3 20.00%
Famous person's bathroom/restroom 0 0%
Somewhere you shouldn't have... 1 6.67%
Somewhere disgusting 5 33.33%
Somewhere really posh 2 13.33%
Other, details please, heck gimme details on all your answers! 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2001, 05:43 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Hello! It's the weekend at last! Hooray!!
The sun is shining and I've got 7 hours till I head to the pub...what shall I do to pass the time? Work you say? What a novel suggestion. I may well do that.
So, here is today's poll. FYI last weekend I managed to go for a pee on top of the Eiffel tower (they have toilets don't worry!!).

More later,
Kirsty
Old 05-11-2001, 06:40 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Good morning Kirsty, everyone ...

Can you believe the evil computer is trying to eat my chapter again? Apparently a different problem but the computer guy is nowhere to be found. Life is conspiring against me.

Most memorable toilet? Has to be my first French hole-in-the-ground one. ICKY. It was at a rest stop by the side of the road in the middle of some godforsaken area of France, there was no light, the floor was covered in I don't even want to think about what and I was wearing sandals. I peed on my own foot. It was, of course, a family holiday. Need I say more?

Lolly
xxx
Old 05-11-2001, 06:54 AM   #3  
Scotland's finest export

Default french toilets...

eurgh lolly, splashback is not good! neither are those nasty hole in the ground loos. hmm, the number of roadsides in france that have seen my bare bahookie! my parents used to drive to france (from scotland) every summer. camping holidays - those were the days...
but the eiffel tower toilet! well, things have come on leaps and bounds since then! you press a button and the seat descends automatically. you press another one (once you've finished) and the seat lifts back up and the toilet automatically flushes. very space age!

ooh brenda, my cocktail buddy-to-be, i'm going to go for margaritas tonight.... yum.

laters girls,
kirsty
Old 05-11-2001, 07:26 AM   #4  
flibbertobbergenie!

Oh, oh, oh, another COOL toilet was in the Skoda car factory in Mlada Boleslav, just outside Prague (don't ask what I was doing there!). It was German technology at its peak, sounds a lot like that one at the Eiffel tower only there was no need for button pushing, it all worked on sensors.

Did you know there are Japanese toilets that can analyse your pee and poo and see if you have any nasty illnesses or if you're eating a healthy diet? And that German toilets have an inbuilt 'viewing shelf' so you can check for yourself?

Kirsty, you def know how to lower the tone for the day, tee hee hee

Lxxx
Old 05-11-2001, 07:33 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default gutter girl

you're lucky i only asked about memorable peeing locations...it could have been a lot worse, believe me!
Old 05-11-2001, 07:57 AM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Noone else will want to come and talk to us now, they are probably all far too refined and delicate. Trust the Brits, minds always in the gutter ...
Old 05-11-2001, 08:09 AM   #7  
Scotland's finest export

Default social faux pas are us

maybe north american gals don't use the loo. maybe when they go to powder their noses, they really do powder them! eek!!

whatever happened to the new zealand girls? they'd talk about toilets with us...

Last edited by Kirsty; 05-11-2001 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2001, 08:41 AM   #8  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Kirsty and Lolly - you girls crack me up! Good to see the board active this morning - even if the discussion is toilets.

There is a really nice hotel in New York called the Plaza. Some friends and I snuck in there and peed. Way nice. There's a lady sitting outside your stall and she handed up toilet paper. Then when we got out and washed our hands, she handed us the nincest paper towels I've ever used. They were so soft, I almost thought they were linen.. but they wee paper. I accidentally voted historical building instead of posh place. But I think the Plaza is kind of historical, so I guess that wasn't a wrong answer.

Things okay here. I have to events this weekend where I'll be eating out. I hope I can do well with those, especially since weigh in is on Monday. I've been getting salads, but lately lettuce has been messing with my stomach, so I'm not sure how to handle the two events.

Yeah for Friday!

Lisa
Old 05-11-2001, 08:59 AM   #9  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello Lisa! Wow, sounds like one swish loo. Slightly different from the Polish one I went to once on Gdynia beach where, yes, there was a lady sitting outside who handed you the paper, but it came sheet by sheet and you had to estimate how many you would need and pay in advance. HOW SCARY IS THAT???!!!

I sympathise re: the events this weekend - I have a wedding tomorrow, I preordered lunch, but there were only 2 choices for each course so I think I have cauliflower soup and roast chicken. But there will be a buffet in the evening - chipolatas, sausage rolls, quiche, you name it. I hope there will be salad. I don't know what I'd do without lettuce - are you ok with other leaves, watercress etc? That's a bummer.

Hey Kirsty, speaking of those NZ girls, I was thinking about some of the people we haven't seen for ages - Faith, Debbie, Kirsten, Emily - GUYS? You still out there? And I noticed the other day that lots more people voted on the poll than posted, which is cool because it means there are lots of lurkers out there, so COME AND JOIN US! (Even if you just want to say hello) We don't always talk about toilets ... do we???

Lxxx
Old 05-11-2001, 09:26 AM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Hi again girls,

Do y'all know that coffee cake I was talking about yesterday? Well, I had it today.

Truth, I was really hungry. I drank water and waited a few minutes. It was definately hunger. I went to the cafeteria, and walked over to the toaster to make an english muffin - but the coffee cake was next to the english muffins, and I justed wanted the coffee cake.

So I had some. No clue what to count it. Does 8 points sound right? It wasn't a large piece. But I can still stay within my range for the day if I have a light dinner.

I just felt admitting the cake here, would force me to write it down and count it.

Lisa
Old 05-11-2001, 09:33 AM   #11  

I was unable to checkin yetserday but I got lots fo work done and hardly have any left for today. So I am not too worried about my deadline which is nice. I have to email everything to my boss this afternoon. It is my first project and I got to do it from home which I am enjoying so far. I even went to the Doctor's office yesterday for a long visit and was still able to get so much accomplished. Today I am going to meet with the prof of my independent study. Yikes, I really need the help, I am so clase and yet still so far.

I had graduation rehearsal last night. It was basically a waste of time. Oh well. I will participate in the graduation ceremony on Sunday eventhough I am not technically done until this summer.

I ate too much yesterday - nothing horrible but more than I wanted to eventhough I had the points for it. There were cookies and cupcakes at the grad rehearsal and I felt that I deserved one. I ate only veggies for dinner but did have ice cream and a 1 pt cookie. Oh well. The best new ice cream find - Edy's Cookie's and Cream fat free, 2 pts!!! It is fabulous!!!

I hope everyone is doing well. I am so excited that it is Friday. My dad is coming in today for a few days and he hasn't been in a few months. I couldn't think of the most interesting place I peed so I didn't vote. Have a good day everyone!!!

P.S. I am going to WI tonight but do not expect good news. I am over on points for the week b/c I didn't catch up from last weekend and I am waiting for TOM next week. Oh well.

Sarah
194.4/160.6/153
Old 05-11-2001, 09:35 AM   #12  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Default HEY TOILET GIRLS!!!

All this potty talk... I tell ya!! Anyhoo, I racked my brain and can't really say I have any memorable toilet experiences.... just the nasty camping ones... or the college parties in the middle of no where are you have to hide behind someones car. Those were the days!!!

Emma is better today. I went home early yesterday to relieve hubby. Poor little girl was so gassy and crabby and very tired. She slept very soundly last night and was smiles this morning! I also got a mothers day gift from her that her daycare teachers made. It was so cute.

Tomorrow I am going to an Amish auction. Not sure if I will buy anything, but it should be fun! HELLLLOOOO to everyone!
Old 05-11-2001, 09:36 AM   #13  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello girls. Well, I was home sick Wed and part of tursday, so I lurked on Thursday but for the life of mae can not remember what you all said.

Anyway, I don't think I have peed anyplace that great. In American, for the most part, they are all the same. But in comparison to some previously mentioned french pee places, I would have to say all the same is very comforting. My sister did get stuck in a stall once at a gas station when she was little. She had to crawl out under the stall door. Yuck! anyway, I guess I will live vicariously in that pee moment.

I have been doing very well on program. Hubby had a BIG trial the last two weeks so our house was very stressed and we ate out a lot. Happy to say he won, but he does not think it was for enough money. Men!

Oh, and my fridge is BROKEN. So tomorrow I am off to buy a new one. My entire house stinks of "fridge broken bad food." I would see about getting it fixed, but it is so old (from the 70s golden rod) that I would really rather have a new one..just not have to pay for it. I think I will look for a stanless one with side buy side doors. So I guess it is dry/can until we get the new one.

Kirsty: good luck on the weather woman gig. I have done my share of media training, but mostly for lawyers and accountants being interviewed for various news outlets. My only advice that may be at all relevant is to just be yourself. I think that is what comes off best on screen for everyone. You will do great.

lolly: did you find a dress? Have fun at the wedding.

lisa: that is a bummer about iceburg. Maybe all that water/fiber combo. I was reading that leaf spinich is really the best for you...maybe you could try that?

Oh, this may seem silly, but I was listening to an infomercial in the middle of the night that taled about how we don't get enough nutriants in our diet due to a lack of enzimes due to mirowaving. Now I am not saying I am ging to buy this "Dr's" product (sounds like snake oil to me) but the theory made sence. Think I will talk to my real dr about it.

Ok, must get off the net. Have a great day everyone and I will talk with you all later.

Trish
Old 05-11-2001, 09:39 AM   #14  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello Jen and sarah. Must have posted at the same time.

sarah: I did that with graduation as well. Walked in May and then had one more class to take that they only offered that summer. Ah, school. Congratulations!

Jen: glad emma is better. Have fun at the auction.

Trish
Old 05-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #15  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hello Trish, Jen, Sarah, Tilley, Kirsty (if you're still there). I'm still here! Still procrastinating ... ahem ... working, although the computer guy still hasn't got in touch about my poor infected file (BOO).

Jen - glad Emma is feeling better. It's so touching that even when you're telling us how crabby she is, it still comes over just how much you love her. But that's what Moms are for, right?!

Trish - BOO on the fridge. You can get some really funky ones now though - I saw a turquoise plastic one in a showroom that is just so glam (you'd prob have to get a whole new kitchen to go with it though). And I got a dress for the wedding, a black chiffon shift - only now I need a bright cardigan to temper the 'bringer of doom' look (well, that's what my mum says anyway).

Sarah - wow, sounds like you're getting so much done. What's your secret? Can I have some? Re: graduation, I had the opposite problem, the system in Oxford is really stupid, they don't have the whole class graduate together, they just have a whole load of dates throughout the year and it's up to you to book on to one of them. Took me 2 years to get round to graduating my BA and another 2 to get the certificate (you have to order that separately). At least your way you have all the official bits done!

Ok, back to work ...

Lxxx
Closed Thread