Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 06:26 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Wacky Wednesday

Morning all,

Sorry I haven't been around to post. I am starting a new position with a ton of work to do... It's all good though there...

But unfortunately my low grade dysplasia turned into high grade quickly (in less than a year which is rare) so I had to get a small part of my cervix removed yesterday (I though I was going in just for a colpolscopy and a pap, it was a shocker when he presented me my options). So no exercise for me for 3 weeks (cardio, weight training, and uh cuddling)... I am in a little pain, but will still go into work today. The sucky thing is, it might be harder for me to get pregnant and/or keep a pregnancy intact. Oh well, it's this or cervical cancer and the doctor was concerned I was headed there quickly..

So I am bummed.

Lori and Lisa: Nice to see ya!!

New gals: Hi there! Welcome back, these gals are great!

Belle: It's wonderful to hear everything is going well

Cheers!

Ali
Old 01-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #2  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Ali - Wow that was an early post I'm sorry to hear about what has been happening... we're all here for you if you need us.

So last night I got home and I found those point ranges:

Under 150 pounds : 18 - 23
150 - 175 pounds : 20 - 25
175 - 200 pounds : 22 - 27
200 - 250 pounds : 24 - 29
above that I can't remember, but I can bring in the paper tomorrow and post the full list if anyone needs above that.

So my range is 24-29 and I was at 26.5 yesterday. Pretty good! Of course I would have been at 24.5 if it hadn't been for a little incident.

I cooked chicken and broccoli last night. When the chicken was done I put on my oven mitt and went to go take it out of the oven and I burned three of my fingers! Through the oven mitt! They burned for HOURS. I even went to bed with ice wrapped around my fingers. So when it first happened we didn't have any ice in the freezer so I used popsicles. The first started to melt so I just ate it and took another one out, waiting for that ice to freeze. Then that melted so I ate that too. Oh well, it was only two points and I'm still in my range. They are good popsicles, though. The Breyer's brand, all fruit.

Hope everyone had a better night than I did!
Old 01-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #3  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ali - Well, I can't imagine what you've been going through. With all the new technology, while it might not be easy, I'm sure you'll be able to have beautiful babies. But I'm glad they were able to prevent/treat/cure the cervical cancer. A friend of mine is going through the same thing.

Lori - Sorry about the burn. I can't imagine. I burned a tiny spot on my pinky on the toaster over last month and it hurt for days. Yours sounds bigger and worse, so I feel your pain! Great job on the points!!

So...... Yesterday followed points/core/South beach. Weird I know. but after reading the south beach diet, it sounds very familiar to the Core Plan, just a little more strict the first couple weeks. But I want to keep track of my points at the same time to make sure I'm not going over.

Woke up bright and early this moring and headed to the gym at 6am. I did an hour of cardio. Gosh I hate getting up in the morning.... but I'm glad I did. I HAVE to get this weight off before the wedding!!!!!!!

Have a great day!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #4  

Good Morning,
You all sound a little more motivated than me this morning. I'm still sitting around in my pj's. So far so good with sticking to the points. I ate 22 pts worth yesterday, did 45 minutes at the gym (my room mate dragged me there- I require that motivation ), and walked the dog. All in all not a bad start. Two days down with no cheating. Here's hoping I can keep it up. Going out to dinner with friends tonight, that will be my challenge for the day, trying to stay within my points.
Have a great day
Dani
Old 01-05-2005, 11:06 AM   #5  

Default New here

I'm still new here but wanted to jump in and say first, Ali I'm sorry to hear your going through all this horrible stuff but at least they found it and were able to do something before it was too late. Think positive and find the good in the situation which I see you are so thats great, everything will be fine.

Second, congrats on that weight loss, that is awesome!! So much inspiration in these forums, I love it!

Vicki
Old 01-05-2005, 12:35 PM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
LAst night Dh and I went out for our 6 month anniversary and I didn't pig out! I had a bruschetta salad almost no dressing chicken and shrimp 1 glass of wine and 1/2 a piece of cake
Ali Hon I'd rather have you alive but that is an awkward place to make decisions we'll support you through it all!
as for the new ranges hmm I know I'm over 2 right now Did the pants test but I think i'll stick to my 26 points or maybe wendyize it once i get comfy again with it
OH! and I threw out premium chocolate yesterday! instead of eating it!!!
Welcome to all the new people these ladies are the best
bb after the contractors leave
Old 01-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #7  

Ok this may seem like a silly question... but what does DH stand for.... I see people using it all the time!
lol
Old 01-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #8  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

DH means "dear husband"
Old 01-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Contractor came I gave himn the plans and he said. . .Nada so I'll be waiting to hear arg
Closed Thread