Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 06:44 AM   #1  
Searching

Default Daily Thread: 21 Jan 04 Wacky Wednesday

Hi Ho Hi ho It's off to work I go

Morning EVERYONE!!!!!

Christy didn't beat me this morning? I hope she is all right!

Since I won't be able to journal today I want to pass along the Thought for the Day to you gals.

TFTD: Who needs my support in prayer today? I often wonder if I am overlooking people in my life who really need my prayers.

Okay booty has to go to work (the little girl in me is draggging her feet)

Much love,
Miss Chris
Old 01-21-2004, 08:29 AM   #2  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Good morning everyone! Hi Chris! (Well, you're at work now, and I'm still lagging and drinking coffee at my computer, hee hee!) Gotta get in the shower myself to get in for 9:30 but first...

My first week of Weight Watchers is completed. I have lost 5.5 pounds, and I have eaten OP! I am very excited about that, more about the not bingeing part honestly. I was stressed out a couple nights, but I either took a bath, or baked a chicken.

It's funny, but I read that when you are depressed or stressed, the smell of chicken cooking somehow makes you feel "homey" and calmer. Seems to be true!

Weigh-in tonight - just gotta pick out a light outfit to wear to work Too bad it's too cold to go nekkid.

Ok, see you all later! Have a good day!
Old 01-21-2004, 08:59 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Sarah, congratulations! That's wonderful news! Chicken... that's interesting. Does it work for DEEP depressions?

Chris, I could have used a prayer about 20 minutes ago when I ate 4 sugar cookies. Two days OP in a row would have been too good to be true. No matter... now that I've had one good day, I know I can do it again!
How are YOU!? Do you need extra prayers today?

I thanked you girls in yesterdays thread this morning, but thank you again! You are such good friends.

Christy, where are you, hon? Are you overextending yourself?

Jennelle, I hope you have a good day at school.

Kat, where are YOU, girl!?

I'm going to the Y this morning with my Mom. I haven't been since before Christmas. I SO do not want to go, but I'll feel better for having done it.
Take care, everyone... love and hugs to all...
Old 01-21-2004, 11:24 AM   #4  

Default Another quick hi

Ellis - take it one hour at a time! How great can you make the rest of this day?

OK, I'll write more to the group after work.
Old 01-21-2004, 12:07 PM   #5  

Thanks, Kat! Good point... one hour at a time.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:53 PM   #6  

Default Overextended?

Naaah, not me! Ellis, babe, how did you know?

I guess I'm wallowing...feeling sorry for myself...blue...depressed... I know a lot of it is hormonal. Funny thing about a hysterectomy is that I still get PMS, there's just no "resolution" to it, so to speak.

I went to the Wellness Center this evening to take the little one to ballet class and I walked two miles. I can feel my mood lifting a bit already. Sorry to be such a downer...

Chris -- I meant to tell you yesterday that I liked what you said that "diets were what you did between binges". That described me to a tee!

I hope your training is going okay. You did start your 24 hours today, right? (((hugs)))

Ellis -- Don't be so hard on yourself! You'll be ready to do this eventually. And, until then, we love you anyway! How'd it go at the Y?

Kat -- Hope you had a great day! How many children so you normally work with each day? Curious (nosy...)

Jennelle -- Everything okay in the deep south? I meant to tell you that I'd bet that our small African-American population played a role in us not having MLK day off. Go figure...

More Later,
Christy
Old 01-21-2004, 06:11 PM   #7  

Hi there,

Christy - sorry your feeling blue. My hormones have been iffy the past few days. Now that I am off the pill I find my PMS have been more obnoxious.

I have 28 kids on my caseload, so how many I see ranges (some I see 5 days a week, others once a month). I work in a 1:1 setting and small group.

Had a short work day today. I am doing progress notes right now and plan to do a workout soon. DH and I are going to our friends' tonight to watch a show together.

Ellis - How has the rest of your day been?

How's the rest of you?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:25 PM   #8  

Hi, girls.

Oh, Christy... I knew there was something wrong... I'm so sorry, sweetie. Extra prayers coming your way. xoxo
Isn't walking a wonderful mood lifter...

Kat, that sounds so cozy... watching a show at a friend's place. We have a couple of the Terminator movies, and you've made me want to watch them again.

I had a really good work-out at the Y this morning. Mostly weights, because I still have a bit of a cough, but I thought I'd get on the treadmill for a few minutes and ended up RUNNING for 3 minutes! It felt GREAT... I haven't run for a few months. Didn't have the right bra on, though.

Jennelle, how was your day?

Chris, are you doing alright?

Sarah?

Kat, go and do your workout.

Love and hugs to all...
Old 01-21-2004, 09:05 PM   #9  

OK, I did my workout. That's for the little push, Ellis.

Jennelle, you out there girly?

Chris - how was work?
Old 01-21-2004, 09:06 PM   #10  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Ellis - ODAT, girl. Even one hour at a time. You can do it! (And my day was good, except for the afterschool tutoring bunch. They don't even want to be there. The only reason they come is for the snack and the opportunity to play in the gym for a few minutes. Other than that, it's a big fat waste of my time.)

Chris - Crying is good for the soul. I'm glad you're feeling better!

Elizabecca...Kat....Hello there

I'm a little tired, which is a trigger for me. I almost slipped today...one of the boys in my class offered me a Shock Tart (it's like a small, candy coated, VERY sour Sweet Tart) and I - for a split second - thought, "Jeez, Jennelle, it's only ONE..." Thank goodness I snapped out of it before I caved in. I don't know how many times "It's only one" has turned into me eating the whole damn box of something and then some. This disease is sneaky...

Jennelle
Old 01-21-2004, 10:19 PM   #11  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Default A successful day... mostly :)

Hello all!

I weighed in tonight at WW at 198, so a formal 4-pound loss! I weighed in on MY scale at 196 though so that's what I'm counting Heh!

I went over my Points tonight... got caught up in "The Apprentice" with Trump tonight on TV, and had a extra glass of wine and some extra low-fat Triscuits. Ah well, 11 extra Points. I have 2 Flex Points left out of 35 for the week but I think I will be ok. I am going to the gym Thursday night, so that should take care of my little wine & cracker indulgence tonight. I'm not gonna sweat it. It wasn't a large pizza thankfully! My chicken dinner concoction was tasty... I cooked 2 skinless/boneless breasts last night with a large can of crushed tomatoes, a big can of white beans, chopped garlic, Italian herbs, and 2 small white onions. Mmmm. 350 degrees for 1 hour in the oven. Smelled good too! I split it up into 4 Tupperware and that'll be dinner and lunch for a couple days hehe! (Being single, I'm consolidating my cooking to save time!)

I feel good... I have not given in to binge eating. I am taking things in stride and keeping myself in check. I am keeping focused on my goal to be at 140 pounds on my 33rd birthday in July... and I am planning on a nice, mellow vacation to reward myself!

Ellis - thank you for your congratulations! Congratulations YOURSELF on getting to the gym and weight-lifting AND running for 3 minutes! Wow! Awesome job! The right bra does make ALL the difference. (So say my 38D's hehehe!) As for the Chicken Therapy, perhaps for deep depression, you may need to bake 2 chickens in a row!

Elizabecca - I hope you feel better tonight... Glad to hear you walked 2 miles! Walking makes me feel more relaxed and "zen" myself. Don't worry about expressing yourself and being a "downer"! We are here to listen and give support...

Kat - what show did you, DH and friends see tonight? and how was your workout?

Chris - hope your HazMat day went smoothly and that you can relax soon!

Hope you all are relaxing and enjoying your evenings... Ok, gotta get to bed early so I can get up at 6 AM. Have to be at work by 8, for a 9-hour workday Thursday. Need to make up some hours... blech!
Old 01-22-2004, 01:43 AM   #12  

Sarah - congrats on the weight loss! And keep sharing the recipes.

Every week, we get together with a group of friends and watch Alias on Sundays and Angel on Wednesdays. Tonight's Angel was great with some major story arc work.

Jennelle - Yay you (and your HP!) for avoiding that slip.

I am craving some sleep. I am still feeling a bit poopy but can't really figure out why. My guess is that Aunt Flo is here and now that I am off the pill I am more hormonal during it. But I will be sure to do my nightly journal and do some step 4 work before bed. That always makes me feel good.

I hope everyone had a blessed evening!
Old 01-22-2004, 06:04 AM   #13  

Sarah -- How rude of me! I totally missed your post when I was on yesterday evening! So sorry. Congratulations on your loss! Your chicken concoction sounds very tasty. I did enjoy my walk and I feel so much better this morning.

Kat -- Sorry you're feeling all hormonal. It's the pits! Do you have the workbook you use for your steps or do you get all of your assignments from your sponsor?

Ellis -- Thanks for being concerned about me, mom. I'm doing better...just gotta chill and give it to God. Yesterday morning I was chanting/praying as I got ready for work "Please take this from me and don't let me have it back!"

Jennelle -- Hurray for turning down the Shock Tart! I know what you mean abouth the "just one gone haywire" syndrome. It does sneak up on you, but you were ready!

Chris -- Are you tethered in your space suit somewhere? Love ya, girl!

Off to start the daily thread,
Christy
Closed Thread