Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2001, 09:37 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Arrow

Welcome to the 20s WW-Thread all are welcome for support and friendship of our happy bunch

Morning All,

I had a dang gain!!! I have never gained before (well on WW ) and I definately did not overdo the calories or the points. I started the pill last week though, so maybe that has something to do with it. I know I am whining, but I am so close to goal this is frustrating.

Also I decided to move to Ottawa after not hearing about a job I applied for months ago in Montreal; THEY CALLED ME WEDNESDAY MORNING, basically offering it to me (with an interview, but they kept telling me I'd make a wonderful person for the job and I spoke impeccable french back to them as well, which is rare since I have a tendancy to get toungue tied)., but I had to decline.

So I am a little grumpy right now, I also have truck loads of work to do and i keep craving bad foods. I haven't really given in, but I keep getting cravings for ultrasweet carbs (I am going to the gym later and they sell 3 point vegan muffins which are yummy).

Have a fabulous long weekend to all of you!

Ali
Old 04-13-2001, 09:46 AM   #2  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Friday the 13th!!

How freaky that Friday the 13th is also Good Friday!
Well, I ate my dinner of fried fish last night and paid the price!! My tummy was doing flip flops all night long!
It's still pretty tender. Sorry, TMI!

Is anyone at work today? The parking garage was pretty desitute this morning. That is a down side to working at a bank, we don't take religious holidays. But, we're working with a skeleton crew today, so maybe I can get some much needed work done.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today. I'll definitely be back around later on.

Bye for now.

ps..Ali, don't let a gain get you down, I'm sure it's the pill, too. You're body doesn't know what to do with the added hormones.
Old 04-13-2001, 09:54 AM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Ali It's the pill, definitely. But I understand that you'd be frustrated. Try not to let it get you down. My motto: "New week, new attitude!"
BTW, I was reading your post about getting weighted-in at a centre -- is there a centre in Sherbrooke? Are your meetings in English or French? Just curious...
Stacey hope your stomach is feeling better!

Happy Easter ladies!
Old 04-13-2001, 10:03 AM   #4  
Go Avalanche!!

Default I hope this day goes quickly!

Happy Friday! I really think I was OK last night. I’m thinking maybe I agree with Trish and my lunch was maybe 2 points lower than I thought, but I did have a few little snackies at my candle party last night. I did show pretty good control restraint though. Even though I don’t know exactly how to count it, I guestimated and I know I wasn’t over. It’s a good step in the right direction. Tomorrow will be hard b/c I have 2 candle parties. The Av’s won last night in a very exciting game. I only caught the last 10 minutes but it was good!

Ali: Don’t let it get you down! I’m sure it’s the BCP’s. It will just take some time to get used to it.

Stacey: Looks like it’s pretty quiet here too!

Lola: Hello!!

"Look deep into nature, and you will find the answer to everything." -- Albert Einstein

Come out and play everyone!
Old 04-13-2001, 10:28 AM   #5  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

I am here also... but only until 12:00 noon! YAH ME. We are having breakfast at work... hardboiled eggs and coffee cake. I didn't eat anything at home so I could have some here. Maybe I ate too much, and tomorrow is WI! UCKKKK. But I passed on the juice so I saved points there!

I am upset that WI is tomorrow and today will be hard for me. At 12:00 I have to run and get Emma, then grab lunch... most likely fast food of some sort. Then run to church by 1:00.... But I can eat a lite dinner. I wish ohhhh wish I didn't have WI tomorrow... I hate having to skimp because of it. I am always petrified of a gain since I have been yo-yoing so much. I know I should just take it as it comes... but gaining is the pits!!! ( Ali I feel your pain!!!!)

Brenda... YAH on last night! You did awesome... every little step in the right direction counts!!

HEY SURVIVOR FANS... who thinks that the tribe is turning on Colby?? I do. I think they are seeing him as a threat... and he is getting awefully bossy! Pretty boy is going down!!!

Heeee heeeee, it is such a wicked game!!!

Have a great Easter everyone!!!!
Old 04-13-2001, 10:37 AM   #6  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default mornin

Sorry that I can't post to everyone from yesterday. I did read the thread and I generally want to tell everyone thank you for your thoughts on my mom. I know there are a few others who have gone thru the same type of thing.

I had a semi ok day yesterday. I ate a total of 27.5 points. I figured I have been on the low side of my points the last few days, so I know I have some banked anyways....so I don't feel too bad about being higher....besides technically I am still within my range...and isn't it good to sort eat low the high then low and mix it around?

Ali: Your gain is SOOOO absolutly the pill! Don't let it discourage you, and keep at it...OMG you have lost so much!

Stacey: I hope you feel better soon. All the good choices you have made the fried stuff must have caught your tummy off guard.

Brenda: Good job at the candle party. I know how hard it is when good food is staring at me....That is when I have such a hard time saying no. You are doing great!

Jen: I think as soon as Colby looses an immunty challange is gone. I know I would be voting him off. He is pretty hot though As for fast food.....go grab a 6 pt grilled chicken at Wendy's.

Have a great day all!

(hugs)
Angie
Old 04-13-2001, 10:40 AM   #7  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Ding Dong Colby's gone...

But, I don't know...he and Keith were going at it during the "scenes from next week" so maybe Keith is outtie.
I'm sick of him. He doesn't seem to pull with the group.

Ok, back to work. I'll "see" everyone later!
Old 04-13-2001, 11:04 AM   #8  
Crime Fighter

Default Colby has the greatest teeth

But aside from that, I think that his number may be up. I think if he's going to last, he'll have to pull the Kelly strategy and win the rest of the immunity challenges. I also think that the production people will have to come up with an immunity challenge that isn't so much based on rote strength. My favorite is Elizabeth.
Old 04-13-2001, 11:05 AM   #9  

I really like Roger. In the beginning no one gave him credit.... but he is still there and I am proud of him! His tribe really pulled for him in the beginning... like helping him swim and finish that really hard obstacle course! GO ROGER!

I don't like Keith either... or Amber. She bugged me. Tina bugs me too because she whines a lot, but she may pull it out! I like Roger and Elisabeth! Those are my votes!!!

2 hours left for me! YAHHHHHH

I think hubby will be nice and take me out to a place I can get a decent lunch at. If I ask he will listen, he is very caring in that way!!!
Old 04-13-2001, 11:06 AM   #10  

Lola... we are thinking the same!!!
Old 04-13-2001, 11:14 AM   #11  
Crime Fighter

Jen-L you know what they say about great minds...
Old 04-13-2001, 11:15 AM   #12  

Default I lost!!

Hey everyone-I just got back from WI-remember last week I was so sure I had lost and I gained? Well I'm down 3.2 this week! Whoo hoo!
But Ali, I feel your pain-last week I came very close to quitting-I was so discouraged. Your weight loss has been amazing-it's taken me twice as long to lose half as much-hang in there! You can do it!
Happy Friday the 13th to everyone, and Happy Good friday-I am off today-just stopped in at work for a few brief minutes...
I'm worried about this weekend-my running club is having a big event and I know the beer will be flowing...also, it's Easter and my mom is cooking a huge meal...I'm trying to be good and exersize a lot ahead of time...I really want to get a ten pound ribbon next week-only 1 pound away...
Old 04-13-2001, 11:16 AM   #13  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Default ok, this is what I think

(or at least what I want)

Colby (and I agree he has great teeth)

Keith

Tina (I really think she is a fake)

I LOVE Elisabeth and I SOOOO hope that she wins. I want Rodger to to in second. Not sure if that is possible or not....guess it all depends on who wins the immunity challanges.

Angie
Old 04-13-2001, 11:24 AM   #14  

OK, I just binged.... I have eaten 3 eggs and a cinnamon roll... SHAME ON ME. Hubby just yelled at me and I promised I wouldn't eat anymore. WHY DO I DO THIS THE DAY BEFORE WI?? And I kept telling myself NO, then the next thing I know, the food is in my mouth! UGGGHHHH.

OK I am over that now!
Old 04-13-2001, 11:53 AM   #15  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I'm the same way!

Jen: I feel your pain! I did that this morning with a Reece's Egg. I don't need it, and really didn't want it, but ate it anyway! Now I'm craving salty stuff.
Good golly, I just want this day to be over! It is soooo
long! oh well, I'd better get...
Closed Thread