Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2004, 10:01 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Default Summer is almost here Tuesday

The only thing about being a grown-up and not being a teacher is that it isn't as significant anymore....

Anyway, good morning all... I am doing pretty well. I have been doing so much reflecting lately I wonder if I am too into my head. I have decided although I am watching my portion sizes and eating 6 times a day and choosing healthy choices, I'll try not to obsess on what I am eating that much. I'll still exercise and even count points, but I won't consider myself breaking plan if an unexpected food event happens or something. I am still pretty much following the SB thing, but have decided to cut down on the fat content a bit and (shhhhh...) maybe add an extra carb each day. I had 3 fruits yesterday (2 apples and a cup of strawberries). They were all with something else, but I wasn't craving sugar after that.

As I reflect I have a tendancy of saying "if I don't do it perfectly well it". Terrible I know. I should be focusing bite by bite but when I eat something wrong during the day I do pretty much say it and binge. At least I am starting to figure stuff out a bit more.

Anyway, I had a fabulous lunch time walk yesterday and the weather is fantastic. I did a leg workout last night too... They aren't too sore today, but wished my gym jacked up the AC a bit more.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 06-08-2004, 12:08 PM   #2  
Proud Canadian

Morning Ali!!

I love that little censored thing! Sounds like you have a great eating plan worked out - and you're exercising. Keep up the great work and take some time to enjoy the fact that you've lost all that weight and KEPT IT OFF!!

I'm madly getting ready for my trip - I have a dinner tonight at a Greek restaurant (could be a challenge - any suggestions?) and Volleyball afterwards (gotta work off the dinner) - and tomorrow night choir and more volleyball then suddenly it's Thursday and after work I have to leave. I don't have any clothes to wear because I packed most of it. Oh well. I have some appointments this morning so I'll check back in this afternoon.

KT
Old 06-08-2004, 12:57 PM   #3  

Hi everyone-I have been lurking but had no time to post. I have been exersizing a lot but eating has been out of control. I have decided to start counting points as of today. i can't make it to meetings b/c of the FT work/picking up baby thing...so for now I will be relying on you guys for support...so far today i have had 14 points....my mini goal is to stay OP and in control for the rest of the week, which will be huge because my ten year college reunion is this weekend from Fri-Sunday!
Old 06-08-2004, 01:58 PM   #4  

hey all,
KT- you could eat a pita, with hummous
Anybody- How many points are in hummous?
Ali- How's the South Beach going? is it restrictive?, by the way i think i'm a little obsessed with food too, it's all i think about and i work at Pita Pit, so i usually end up lecturing people about healthy food and how bad Atkins is,hehe, oh well.
take care, karen
Closed Thread