Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2004, 08:01 AM   #1  
Running Babe

Cool Baby Boom Thursday

Hi Everyone!

Congrats Jayne on the delivery of your daughter Olivia!! 2 babies in one week!

Today is my double workout day!! My bf has decided he'll start South Beach as well, so it will be nice... I hate that I do have to change what has worked for me in the past (aka the high-carb, low-fat WOE), but hey in life you have to be adaptable to your circumstances.

I have a spa day tomorrow and a friends BDay on in the evening. I am seeing Stars on Ice on Saturday and am having friends come during the day on Sat so that will be a good time!!

Take care!

Ali
Old 04-15-2004, 12:05 PM   #2  
Proud Canadian

Hey Ali - I really like the sounds of your south beach plan. I can see how my weight goes up weeks I've had high carbs but I think Atkins is too restrictive (especially for someone like me.) Spa day sounds amazing - I'm jealous!!

I managed to actually stay POP yesterday and I got in a walk at lunch and volleyball last night so today I feel good about myself. Hoping for another POP day cause all my flexpoints flew out the window over the weekend. I have my yogert and diet dr pepper so the day should go well. The board has been so quiet lately - where is everybody? Please come out and play!!!!

KT
Old 04-15-2004, 01:34 PM   #3  
Running Babe

KT: I could never live on Atkins, you actually have to limit veggies. I'd be starving all the time. I will have to adapt my eating a bit, but I think I can live. My BF and I usually forgo a starch at dinner anyway. The first two weeks of SBD are a little restrictive, but I can live with it I think and it's only for two weeks. I'll see how I do, but I think a change like this isn't a bad thing. My BF got me the Spa Certificate on my Bday which was last October, I think I have until my bday to use it so now is a good as time as any. It's cool you play Volleyball, I absolutely bite at sports like that. I am so not athletic (yes I am active, but not an athlete).

I think I'll also journal too... I'll see how it works... I think I'll gage how things are going by the tape measure rather than the scale for the next little while. I do plan on Starting back at WW meetings in May.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 04-15-2004, 02:41 PM   #4  

Default Hi everyone!

I am here! I've been really busy catching up at work after a week away.. I am still doing Body For Life with WW points-I'm like you Ali-I needed less carbs.. this seems to be working for me-clothes are fitting better although i haven';t weighed b/c TOM came today and I don't want to be disappointed....

Congrats to jayne and Belle! We got back from Fla last week-you can see the pics at www.busky.net
We had a blast-I can't believe Sara is 8 months old already!! AND, that summer is almost here and I still look like this! oh well-gotta keep plugging away....
Back to work...
Lori
Closed Thread