View Poll Results: What's the first thing you do in the morning?
Stretch and yawn 2 8.33%
Go to the loo 4 16.67%
Brush your teeth 1 4.17%
Shower/Bath/Wash face 0 0%
Hit the snooze button on your alarm clock 15 62.50%
Put on the radio 0 0%
Get dressed 0 0%
Exercise (running, sit-ups, whatever) 0 0%
Eat breakfast/Have a drink 0 0%
Other (details please, unless it's hochmagandy and then we don't need to know!) 2 8.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2001, 05:27 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Talking

morning girlies,

it's still sunny in london, but i'm sure it won't last. our clocks went forward over a week ago now and i'm just about used to it. except in the morning when i keep thinking to myself that it is really an hour earlier...and therefore i should stay in bed!

lolly - 25 mins! wow. you can do the whole race now! i'll need at least another 6 weeks to get there.

casey - cava is cheap champagne. basically it is made in the same way but cos the grapes don't come from the champagne region of france you can't call it champagne. bubbles aren't usually as small, but still tastes divine!

well done to any losers. keep up the good work! speaking of work, i better get on with some. more later,

kirsty
Old 04-03-2001, 06:38 AM   #2  
Crime Fighter

Good morning!

I LOVE daylight savings! Granted, it's no fun waking up in the dark, but I lovem walking home from work when it's still sunny.

Registration is going okay for my WW At-Work meeting. It starts next week. Funny, though, a couple of people have suggested that it shouldn't be the week before Easter. Do you all do big Easter celebrations? I understand a nice Easter dinner, but people seem to be concerned about chocolate. Now, I like chocolate as much as the next girl, but I thought Easter candy was for kids (aside from the occasional Creme Egg!) Do grownups still get Easter Baskets full of candy?

Ali and Belle -- did you watch "Talking to Americans"?

Belle Congrats on the move!
Old 04-03-2001, 08:10 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Morning!

Ahhh, I get to work on a term paper today and then go out for dinner this evening (so I am carefully watching my point intake for the day). I am going to order the pizza which is about 15 points which doesn't leave me a whole lot for the rest of the day, but that's okay.

Kirsty: Good Luck with the running, I am so addicted to it, I wish the weather was nicer though so I could run outside (it is a VERY late spring this year, it hasn't even begun yet we also had an early winter...... this sucks)

Lola: No, I didn't watch it unfortunately, but I meant too, unfortunately I was on my way to Lennoxville while it was on. Was it good?

Take Care!

Ali
Old 04-03-2001, 09:19 AM   #4  

Hey everyone! I get to drive 4 and a half hours today to get home to NY...the good news is I will eat out less and drink less this month as I will be living with mom...so hopefully I will lose some weight!!!Also, the gym is like five min from her house...so I am psyched!!!
It's pretty much been decided that i will rent my own place an BF may buy a place as investment property...thanks for all of the advice...I felt weird about 'renting'from him...anyhow-gotta get going...more later from NY-Lori
Old 04-03-2001, 09:49 AM   #5  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello ladies. I was so busy yesterday I did not even have a chance to read the posts. I will do that over lunch today. Oh, on the poll today, I was the one who voted "other." The first thing I do is take my temp with the basel (not sure of this word) thermonitor. You have to do that before you can do anything else.

Well, I did not do well on points yesterday. Don't know what happened, just went a little crazy. Must be because I did not get to post here. Felt very sick last night from all the junk that I ate. I am to do better today. I think I am over the munchies.

Lori: I am glad that you decided to not rent from BF. I think that has the potential to just add all sorts of unnecessary problems.

Ali: Good job on planning for dinner. I am also starting a run program. I will have to look to you, Lolly, and Kirsty for advice.

Lola: My mom sends me and my hubby a basket. I have asked that it not contain any candy this year. I also think that many adults may dip into the kids baskets.

Kirsty: I am having the same problem here with not wanting to get out of bed. I have to be up by 6:40 (in my house we call that the get-up time). Today I decided that the "get-up" time is like re-entry by astronots. If they miss the exact window of oportunity, they have to try again another day. For me, if I miss 6:40 and it is 6:43 when I go to get up, I have missed the window of oportunity and I have to stay in bed all day and try agian tomorrow. It sounds like it is scientificaly feasable to me. My hubby disagrees and told me to get my lazy @ss out of bed. He is so cute in the morning.

Well, I have a busy day today as well. hello to Brenda, Jen, Belle, Tonya, and everyone else.

trish - Oh, I lost at weigh-in this weekend so I have new numbers. But they still look so huge to me!

193.2/185.6/155
5'10"

Last edited by Trish O; 04-03-2001 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-03-2001, 09:51 AM   #6  

Default Morning all

Hi everyone. I had a nother really good worklout at the gym last night. I ate 2 points over but earned 4 points so it was ok. I wish I could stop below my max though so that I could save points. We are going to Outback for dinner tomorrow night and I want lots of points!!! Oh, I am using my crockpot for the first time today. I am making chicken and potato stew and there are only 4 ingredients. I will let you know the points after I figure it out - should be b/t 4-6 per serving. Does anyone know a good palce to find crockpot recipes?

Emily - Any news on the house? I really hope that the approval goes through soon so that you will get the house. the housing market is so fast here. My friends put out several offers and are on their 6th house. We think this one is going to be it though, they are scheduling the home inspection this weel.

Lori - Have a good trip. I hope you will still be checking in with us while you are at your mom's, It'll be nice to be home for a while.

Ali - Good luck with the pizza. DH ordered pizza last night to eat during the basketball game. I resisted (had already eaten dinner) and only had 2 bites. I was impressed with myself but it was hard. You are smart to plan to the points now. Enjoy!

Lola - You are so lucky to have a WW At-work program starting up. I have never had that opportunity. And how nice to walk home in the daylight!

Lolly/Kirsty - You guys are so disciplined with your running. Thanks for the suggestions on running programs. I may lok into some today.

Have a great day everyone. I'll be back.

Sarah
194.4/164.6/153WW
Old 04-03-2001, 10:11 AM   #7  

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Sarah ~ that is terrific about your workout last night, I always feel so refreshed after working out. Here are some crockpot sites I have bookmarked, I love using the crockpot, since I work full time and have two small children, I don't get to spend much time in the kitchen cooking!

http://www.cbt.net/dedwards/crockpotrecipes.htm
http://www.mega-zine.com/kitchen/crock-pot/index.html
http://southernfood.miningco.com/foo...ck/blcpidx.htm

Emily ~ Good luck with the house, but I am sure that you have it, it just takes mortgage people forever to complete their paperwork. I am thinking of you!

Lori ~ Have fun at Mom's house, I am sure you will have an enjoyable time!

Ali ~ Yum! Pizza! Have some for me too!

Lola ~ I know what you mean about going home in the daylight, my kids and I were outside playing until 7:30 last night, it was wonderful!!

Lolly ~ I think it is so cool, the different languages you get to experience, maybe you could give us "the word of the day", we can learn along with you!

Trish ~ I have "junk" days like that too, I eat so much that I am miserable, then I am back to being good, its like I had to get it out of my system! The good thing is that you can get back on the wagon!

Kirsty ~ Love your "sleeping" philosophy! I agree, I would have loved to just stay in bed today and not get up, except that it is sunny out today, and it is the first time in months, so I HAD to get up!!

Well, I slipped last night and had a burrito from Taco Johns, definately not on the "good" list to eat, but I am dealing with it, counting it, and moving on. On a good note, I walked 3 miles yesterday and DH and I just bought new mountain bikes last night, and a new trailer for the kids to ride in to hook up to our bikes. That will be lots of good exercise!!

I am walking again over my lunch hour today, and hopefully taking the kids for a stroller ride after work. Since it is so nice out today (55 degrees) I have to enjoy the outdoors as much as possible, I have heard that it is suppose to rain Wed, Thurs, Fri this week, ahh!!!!

Well, I better get back to work. I am working on documentation for a digital camera class I am teaching, and on a committee to hire a new librarian in our building (I am a computer trainer, but am housed in the academic library on our campus), so that is taking alot of my time lately with meetings, reviewing resumes, and setting up interviews.

Have an OP day everyone, and a big "HI" to others that haven't posted yet!!

Taa Taa!
Old 04-03-2001, 10:36 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Beautiful Weather!

I am loving the weather here!! It's supposed to be in the low 80's all week!!
We went walking last night, but I started cramping really bad since we just ate. I'll do that differently tonight.
Really busy at work, but wanted to check in before I buried my head at my desk.
I found coupons for Creme eggs and Snicker eggs! Yummy! I must induldge at least once.
I'm getting my hair cut tonight! Yippee!
Ok, must get back to work
Have a wonderful day!
Old 04-03-2001, 12:20 PM   #9  
Believe it & Achieve it

Hi all~

No news yet. We talked with the park manager last night, and he told us that the mortgage guy called him and told him it was as good as sold (no other details). However, the mortgage guy never called us like he was supposed to even though we had arrangements. We should find out this morning what is going on with everything. The park manager was going to call the mortgage guy and make sure that he gets in touch with us either way.

Can't talk to long, I am excepting another child (new) for daycare this morning. I'll chat with you all later.

Emily
Old 04-03-2001, 01:20 PM   #10  
Go Avalanche!!

Default Snooze Button!!

Hello, Hello! I didn’t stay OP again yesterday. I gave in to a Cadbury egg and also had Margarita’s. I did munch on a tons of veggies but did have some ranch and chips & salsa. I counted it as best I could and am just going to keep plugging away. I have WI tonight and I’m not expecting a loss b/c of the weekend and TOM. Speaking of which, this morning I was fixing my exciting breakfast of oatmeal and this guy I don’t know came in to the kitchen (there are 3 divisions of the same company on my floor) and told me I was eating way too healthy. The urge to bite his head off was very strong! I wanted to tell him off and explain if I had my choice, I would be downstairs that minute buying an apple fritter instead of eating oatmeal (and all I had left today was plain oatmeal at that – yuck). I realized I would have to be very careful all day about my mood I’ve had coffee and I’m better so far.

We are losing the battle with the dog. He waits until we are asleep to get up on the bed. He’s ruining my down comforter and I just don’t think dogs belong on the bed!! I got home at 11 last night from a PL workshop and we had a battle and it woke my husband up. I felt awful b/c he couldn’t get back to sleep. I don’t know what I’m going to do about this.

Hey, I need to know where on the net I can buy purple colored anything. Pens, pins, shirts, balls, pinwheels, knick knacks – anything! I did some searching and it’s turning up dead ends for the most part. I’ve searched under purple merchandise and purple store. Anyone have any suggestions?

Trish!!! You lost!! Yippeeee Yipppeeee!! I’m so excited for you. My fellow co-workers are starting to wonder about me and this running around the office thing! You are so funny – I agree about the window of opportunity

Sorry to not reply to everyone but a big ‘hi’ all around! *hugs*

"Show me a person who has never made a mistake and I'll show you someone who has never achieved much." -- Joan Collins

Oh, and the new quote in my signature came from a small notebook/journal I got last night. It was a gift for being #1 in Sales for my ‘new’ unit in PL. It’s purple :spinning: and the front cover is almost like a frame with the quote inset. I’m using it for favorite quotes, inspirations, motivations and paychecks of the heart!!
Old 04-03-2001, 01:23 PM   #11  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Wow, we're quiet today!

Where is everyone? Is there going to be a mass posting pretty soon?
I've been changing the interest rate on all of the loans I've closed since the first of the year. I get excited when prime rate goes down as a borrower, but not a lender. Too much work!!

Tonya: I'm checking out the crock pot website!! How exciting. I don't have any good recipes for crock pots except Queso Dip. (not exactly a meal)

Kay: I forgot to tell you yesterday how awesome you are for quitting smoking!! I know you can do it.
Have you tried those Hershey Tastetations? or Lifesaver Strawberries and Cream? or Brach's new Cinnamon candy? It looks like peppermints but tastes like the old fashioned cinnamon disks. They are very yummy!

Emily: Hang in there!! I know everything will work out!
Don't hesitate to call the mortgage guy if he doesn't call you! That's bad business.

Trish: I can sympathize with the "junky feeling". I ate fried food this weekend and Saturday night I had severe stomach distress.

Lori: Will you have access to a computer while in NY?

I hate to post and run, but my tummy is telling me it's time to eat. Have a great afternoon and I'll "see" everyone later!
I WILL ignore the donuts in the kitchen!! I never told them my name, but they figured it out!!

Brenda: We posted at the same time. I would have made a not so nice comment to the guy in the break room. Well, at least I would have thought it after he left. I'm not good with quick come-backs. Yea! for you with veggies!

Hello to everyone I missed. I want to go walking in the sunshine!

Last edited by StaceyT; 04-03-2001 at 01:26 PM.
Old 04-03-2001, 01:40 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Default Hi girls!

Well, last night was my first night all alone in my apt. I cleaned the floor, arranged my clothes, had a bath, chatted with my friend who just left her husband of 3 years who beat her (she is 22) and talked to my mom. then I went to bed b/c I am SICK!! I was 3 hours late for work today. I was a bit lonely - esp without my dogs! I really felt the emptiness! But I played some music and sang and had a little fun.

I should have worked out but I was feeling too sickly....

Emily - jeez, that must be upsetting not knowing about your house - good luck with that!!

Kirsty - love the poll - looks like we are all slackers and hit the snooze button....I rarely get the hochmagandy...

Well, I just got called to a meeting so I can't respond to everyone...but I will.

I hope your day is better than mine - we just got 20cm of snow....BOOOOOOOOO!!!

Belle
Old 04-03-2001, 01:42 PM   #13  

Default good afternoon

I just had my yummy Santa Fe Beans & Rice for lunch. IT tastes so good that I wish there was more. Work is very dull again today. I should try to read some schoolwork but havenot gotten motivated to do so. Maybe I will do that after I post.

Trish - I totally know what you mean about eating so much junk you feel sick. I do that at parties when they have unlimited quanitites of food out in front of me. I hate that. I will probably start charting my BBT in a few months too. Is it difficult? Congrats on your loss this week!!!!!!

Tonya - Thanks so much for the great websites. I looked at each of them and they have tons to choose from! I am so excited about my new toy! The only bad thing is that I have to figure out the points myself since the sites do not list nutritional information.

Emily - I hope you hear back soon. I know that it would be better just to know even if you didn't get it. Good luck with your new child. I didn't realize that you took care of kids other than your own and your sister's.

Stacey - I am so jealous of your wonderful weather. It is almost 60 here but I am outside. It is supposed to warm up for the weekend but of course I will be in FL so I won't care!

Brenda - I would love a Cadbury egg! You handled yourself very well this morning. There is no point in responding to stupid comments like that. You are doing a great job at PL! Way to go on great sales!~!!!!

Ok, I am going to eat my orange and maybe read some now. I know I ought to, yuck, yuck. See you later.

Sarah
194.4/164.6/153WW
Old 04-03-2001, 01:54 PM   #14  
Running Babe

Default I Love My Snooze Button

Afternoon All,

Yes we are really quiet today... Well dinner has been postponed until tomorrow so I just ate some yummy mini-rice cakes (14 for 2 points). Tomorrow then I'll have to keep my points down.

Lori: That's awesome. It is so easy to stay OP at my parents' house too, then again my mother is on Weight Watchers as well so that makes it a whole lot easier ( my mom has lost 65lbs so far and 76lbs since last April).

Trish: The key thing I learned about running is that it is all in the breathing technique. I started when I was at 225lbs, I was MUCH slower then and couldn't go as long. But concentrating on my breathing was my key at first!

Sarah: Yeah, I am pretty good at conserving points when I have a big meal ahead of me. Yet once in a while I do go out to dinner and I don't bother counting the points, that keeps me on program ironically (though tomorrow, I am counting the points, I had my bad dinner last saturday where I had a yummy cheese steak sandwhich with french fries).

Tonya: I am jealous of your weather I love biking! I can't wait until the weather is good enough to bike (we still have a ton of snow, I haven't seen grass in soooo long it seems.

Stacey: Have your Cadbury eggs and ejoy them, that's what I am planning to do (less than 2 weeks until I get to have one ).

Emily: How frustrating for you, I hope it all works out.

Brenda: if you'd lived anywhere near Lennoxville Quebec I'd tell ya to come here because I am constantly innondated with purple (it's my school colour), I am sure there must be some links on the net to where you can find purple supplies, good luck on your search.

BTW all, I am sorry I keep b*tching about the weather. I have wanted nice weather since december, but it hasn't happened, it's been a long winter too. I want to start jogging outside again, but it's still a little chilly and I want to bike. I am also scared that my school will flood this year due to the amount of snow that is still left.

Take Care!

Ali
Old 04-03-2001, 01:56 PM   #15  
Juliehere :-)

Default yep...it's the snooze button for me !

Hi gang !

I had a very relaxing weekend. Wynonna was awesome ! I had never seen her in concert before, and I didn't realize what a voice she has ! I didn't do to well in the casino...I can't believe I didn't win ! he he

As for the job, still no news to report...still on pins and needles waiting for the verdict. I am working on my resume...didn't think I needed to too....it's very stressful.

I am leaving early to clean the house and study. I have a final tonight....I need the extra time for this course.

Have a great day everyone....I'll try and check in later !

jules
Closed Thread