Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 03:39 PM   #16  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit,
I love that you pack up all your meals and snacks for the day. How smart. And also it's good to hear you tweaking your program to make it suit you better. Many people like to start their points at night, and I'm glad it's working for you. Good luck with finding a good tenant. I hear your uneasiness about dbf and all, but you still own your home and it's there for you if you need it. hooray for winning $1,000. That's amazing! You'll have so much more fun in Vegas now that you've got your trip paid for via Bingo. What fun. I also hear you about the sabotage. Man--I think that's what I did when I finally went below my 10% and it meant so much to me, and now I'm having trouble again. Up three pounds and too busy to write, etc.

Lauren,
I'm so happy you posted even though you're going through tricky times. You know you can do this. Do you want to prioritize or is this not the time? I'm sending you a big and the conviction that if you want to be OP you will. I want to remember good ole' Henry Ford more often and know that what I think determines what I do.

Yesterday and today have been perfect OP days with journaling, etc. The exercise hit me a little hard, so I had to stay off the treadmill for a couple of days. Tomorrow I'll be back on. Today I shopped really hard. Lin, does that count as moving and exercise?
I am going to WI tomorrow at WW's even though I won't like the numbers. On the + side, I ordered PXL at Coldwater Creek and most of the clothes fit, snuggly, but they fit! Can you hear me hollaring all over? I am so thrilled. I think the treadmill is helping to reshape my weight because I weigh the same or close to it, and yet everyone I met recently has mentioned how much thinner I look and I am in a smaller size. Yay!
Here's to all the good signs we have to recognize to keep ourselves going in this life long endeavor. (Hey, was that a pretty good way of verbalizing around the "diet" word?)

Gotta run--let's all keep on keepin' on.
Love and good vibes,
Judy
Old 03-24-2004, 11:45 AM   #17  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Judy, WOO-HOO on that PXL!!!! That's so exciting! Isn't it fantastic to get out of plus sizes? I like Coldwater Creek, too. There's an outlet about an hour from our house, so if you're ever in SE Michigan ...

I'll bet it's the exercise, too. You've been so faithful, and it really does whittle down the curves.

Bandit, it's been a long winter here, too. But it's in the 50s today -- 50s and 60s for the rest of the week. Not sure what that translates to in celsius, but let's just say it's springtime finally in Michigan!

OK, I wrote everything down yesterday, and the grand total was ... 48 points. That's just DOUBLE what my points are supposed to be! Wow. No wonder all my clothes are tight. Well, I'll keep writing it down. Today is high already, too. So my current goal is to bring down that number gradually. My first baby step is to keep writing everything down, no matter what. And then I plan to add back exercise. After those two things are in place, I'll aim at getting back into my point range.

This really doesn't end, does it? This May will mark my sixth anniversary since I started WW. The battle doesn't get easier. But it's worth it. I will never give up. Never.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
Old 03-25-2004, 03:22 PM   #18  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Lauren, thanks for saying you will never give up! That's so important to me. I am fooling myself big time by taking a "little leave" from my WW mtgs. Who am I kidding?
Certainly not me, and certainly not any of you. I ate big yesterday and ate big today.
GScookies got to me, of all things. Proof in point that if I want to overindulge it doesn't have to be a holiday--anything will do it!
Today I've already eaten more than I should. On the other hand, if I have a famous low point dinner, I can pull this off. Also, I have on hand a microwave popper and plain popcorn that I like and that will fill me in when I get hungry.

So, thanks for the brave words and the journaling, Lauren and Bandit. Let's keep this going and make our goals. I'm up for it having detoured once again!

Las Vegas in smaller clothes for Bandit--
A happy can do attitude for Lauren,
And a smarter reality for Judy
And Lin--you're here too as our founder--I wish you lots of success with your writing.

Love to us all,
Judy
Old 03-26-2004, 08:25 AM   #19  
Turtle Extraordinaire

I'll start a new thread. See you all there.

-- Lauren
Closed Thread