Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2001, 02:17 PM   #16  
LIFETIMER

Viv-sounds like your trip to Disney was EVERYTHING you planned it to be. SORRY to hear the news about your father. Please keep us posted on his condition.

Theresa-How are you enjoying spring break?

cindy
Old 04-02-2001, 04:33 PM   #17  
gettn' strong in 2002

Viv - I'm glad you had a good trip. Now back to the grind huh?!
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, too.

OH, and way to go for on ly up a lb.; that's great!

Robin e-mailed me and said she'll be back soon. Her b.friends father passed away suddenly and she went to the funeral today.
Hurry back soon, Robin

Preggers??!! Are you 2 NUTS??!
My 'baby' is 11. I couldn't do the 'getting up in the night' thing.....NO way!
I shall wait for grandchildren and hopefully that's a long ways away. OH, I look forward to it but not when my oldest is 15.

I washed walls in 2 rooms this a.m. I did 2 rooms yesterday too.
I hope to finish the upstairs tomorrow.

Someone just drove in the yard; I gotta go.

Having a pretty good OP week; hope you are all doing good too
Old 04-02-2001, 06:50 PM   #18  

Evening Everyone!

Viv - looks like you had a GREAT time at DWD, so glad to hear it! Sorry to hear about the lung cancer showing for your Dad and will keep everything crossed that it goes just the way you think.

Theresa & Cindy - Shame, Shame on you wishing preggers on Farmbabe! LOL LOL LOL

Farmbabe - but I have to say, I'm right there with you! No more babies in this house either. Have enough "children" here! LOL

I forget who asked, but my leg is still attached. Still working on the PT to stretch out the muscles. Down to one time a week at least.

Well took my van into the shop this morning because I thought I had a stuck caliper in the brakes. Was told no way, you need new brakes all the way around! Another expense I didn't need for sure and not at the tune of $570. Thankfully I have a friend who owns an Exxon station in town and he is doing the job for alot less.

Nothing else really news worthy here for now. Have a great evening.

Lynn
Old 04-03-2001, 11:10 AM   #19  

Default hello hello.....

sorry i have been gone for awhile...busy busy...

my mom came in town friday and we went to charlies soccer game that evening, on saturday i had to shop for something to wear to the memorial service on monday, and dh and i got to go to and early dinner saturday afternoonish..it was an australian themed restaurant...i had salmon, dh had fish and chips..it was really good.
after dinner i got my mom and we went and saw chocolat...i loved it, highly recommend it....on sunday we had disney on ice tickets, so we took the boys to that..evan did great, he actually watched the show. so, that was my weekend..

monday i had the memorial service for one of my best friends fathers...it was very sad, he was 61 and they found him in the kitchen floor at 1:30am dead...very unexpected. my friend was very close to her daddy, she seems to be taking it worse than her mother.
the service was nice, her dad was a huge texas rangers baseball fan, and our first home game is tonight and he and his brother had bought season tickets this year and were very excited...his brother got up to speak and in honor of his brother, he made everyone sing take me out to the ballgame...everyone seemed to really enjoy that... oh well...

theresa - are ya'll over those colds yet? yes, i have eaten and thoroughly enjoyed those skinny cow icecream sandwiches..have you tried the choc p.butter ones yet? i have only had the vanilla.

jill - congrats on getting back on ww and the 1.5 loss

cindy - congrats on your 1.2 loss, and if you ever are in the dallas area, i do expect to meet

viv - your back!!!! it sounds like you had a wonderful time....i watched the weather last night and the temp for the next 3 days is 85,86 and 88!!!! i couldn't believe it....

hi linn and ellie....i started back on ediets today, i figured it is easier to have my meals planned than having to track and keep a journal...that was always my weakness on ww....hopefully this will get my act together!

later ladies, i have to fix brkfst...the kids haven't adjusted to the new time and got up aound 9:30!

bye..robin
Old 04-04-2001, 12:31 PM   #20  

okay, everybody was posting up a storm.....i post and no one shows up

hmmmmm.......

i am doing really good back on ediets, had a little headache yesterday though...think it was withdrawals from coke..

i am hosting a tupperware party on sunday and am going to try and have "healthy" snacks for everyone to eat....that way if i eat them, it won't be that bad.

viv - so sorry to hear about your father...let us know when you find out more. i think that is great you trying to get him near you for this. what a good daughter.

lynn - glad your leg is still attached...i have been going to lowes ever since it opened here...about a mile closer than home depot and their flowers seem to be nicer.

laundry is calling...later..robin
Old 04-05-2001, 11:50 AM   #21  
LIFETIMER

Robin-Hi! for some reason we're having problems reloading the thread, and getting the last post. THis is the first time I have been able to get on and see your post. I'm told that its a site problem, and I hear that I am not the only one having the problem. I sure wish they fix it in a hurry. SOrry to hear about your best friends dad. Dying unexpectly is so hard on the family. you sure had a full weekend. and I can promise the next time I am in Dallas, I will be getting in touch with you first. Making healthy snacks for your tupperware party is a good idea.

Farmbabe-when is the last day of school in your area? We're counting the days here. LOL

Zippy-hows your leg and foot doing?

Viv-any news on your father?

Theresa-I know you are home sick, hope you get to feeling better soon.

to all the MIA Buddy Moms.

cindy
Old 04-05-2001, 02:16 PM   #22  
viv

Hey Guys, I just wanted to quickly post to say basically no news and holding on my Dad - I am all set to get to work on getting him to CT but until I get some more info from the doctors on course of action, etc., I am in limbo ( I HATE limbo!)

Unfortunatelymy MOM is now in the hospital, she checked herself in two days ago due to shortness of breath and leg weakness - she has taken a whole bunch of tests already and so far nothing pointing to the reason why. It's almost like you want to have SOME sort of (minimal) diagnosis so you can just treat it and make it better.

So needless to say I am here, back in h*ll and trying to hang in there. I am totally OP with SB again despite having gained 2 lbs on vaco, down 1 again. i jsut need to get to the market.

Hoping to stay home this weekend and just regroup, start doing some lawn cleanup (ick, all that sand).

Robin, Theresa, Cindy, Linn, Ellie, CAB (oh now who did I miss, my mind is shot, forgive me)....How about posting weight stats for a while so we can see how much progress has been made?

I'lll go first...

Viv
146/135/136/128
Old 04-06-2001, 08:16 PM   #23  

Talking HEY

How's everybody doing? Must be Fri.

Farmbabe--Congrats on your loss. Hope you're feeling better. No preggers, just flu?

Cindy--Everybody is ok from the c.m. poisoning, thanks.

Theresa--I don't have your email. Can you email to me? [email protected]

We don't want to do the horse thing in Lexington. It was just a convenient place to stay. There are a no. of things we want to see in that area, the only one I can think of right now is Ft. Boonesboro. We're big history buffs.

Viv--WDW sounds like it was great. What do you hear about your dad?

Lynn--My van is being a stinker too. DH doesn't want to replace it and I do. Think I'll make him drive it every day for awhile!

Robin--Sad about your friend's dad. It's a hard thing.

Weight stats (at Viv's req.)
214.4 (down this week!)

Take care.

Ellie

Last edited by IllieEllie; 04-06-2001 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-07-2001, 10:58 AM   #24  

Default real quick.....

I LOST 5 LBS!!!! in 4 days...yeah me.....

just wanted to brag....gotta run

robin
Old 04-08-2001, 03:27 PM   #25  
Princess Buttercup

Default Hi Guys!

yep! I'd say I've been under the weather lately. had a terrible migraine Tues thru Friday.....and my stomach is acting up-----you know the kind of acting up where you gotta run to the potty everytime you eat?! and it's still acting up this weekend.....must have picked up a bug that won't leave. ugh!

OK spill it Robin! how'd you lose 5# in 4 days?????? are you only doing ediets or are you taking something too?

I'm down 2.6 this week. making my total loss 28.8 --- now I know part of it is because I've been sick, but if I'm careful this week i should be able to keep it off.

viv, I'm sorry to hear about your dad's lung ca. what's the prognosis? and your mom? sounds like you had a blast at disney---good for you, you deserved it!

Hi Cindy, how's WW going for you?! weighed in lately?

CAB, how are you doing on WW? how's Emmett?

Hi Lynn, what's new with you? what weight loss plan are you following?

Awwww come on Farmbabe, have another one! just think you'd have built in babysitters!

Welp, the dryer is calling. you all take care.

Theresa
Old 04-08-2001, 03:39 PM   #26  
LIFETIMER

Wow, now this is strange, I posted awhile ago, hit the reply button, and its gone, gone, gone.

Robin-did you lose 4 pounds with e-diet?

Theresa-glad to see you up and around. Yes, I weighed a week ago and lost 1.2 pounds. Thankds for asking.

Ellie-Hi

Lets see if this takes.

cindy
Old 04-08-2001, 10:05 PM   #27  
gettn' strong in 2002

Hey there!

Theresa - oh sure, built in babysitters, huh!?
I can just hear them now "Sure mom, we'll stay home from a party to change diapers!" LOL

Ellie - I must have had a touch of the flu that day.

Hi everybody

I've got a super busy week ahead. 5 different functions and Easter at my sisters. I have to take food to them all too. (well, except 1) jeesh
I will try and pop in when I can

Have a super Easter
Old 04-09-2001, 11:17 AM   #28  

Default good morning....

I weighed this morning and have lost 7 lbs!!! I am very happy with that for my week....i am following ediets, it has me on 1900 cals a day and my dr. also prescribed meridia..i started taking it in conjunction with ediets. what it has done so far is it allows me to eat what is on my plan without me thinking i am starving to death...and i have noticed it has also curbed my cravings for sweets, which i needed. it does not contain ephedra or phenylpropanolamine sp? anyway, it is not a speed type drug, you get no extra energy it just makes you feel full when you eat. i know some of you won't agree with what i am doing, but i am eating healthy and being monitored by my dr. on a monthly basis...i know the side effects and have not experienced anything negative except for dry mouth and that is minor. no lectures please

viv any news on your dad? or mom?

theresa - congrats on 28 gone!!

hi to everyone else, i have to go break up a fight..

robin
Old 04-10-2001, 08:58 AM   #29  
LIFETIMER

Lets move up a thread

cindy
Old 04-10-2001, 09:06 AM   #30  
viv

Default quickie

Hey All -
Listen I know that we are all busy (myself included) and possibly posting on other threads as well (no laws against that, I do it myself). I think our thread has become, really, a friendship thread vs. a diet thread and that's fine....the bottom line is that I and some of the gals who have emailed me about this DO NOT want to cut loose any of these friendships - geez, I think it's been 4 years, or is it 3? So, if everyone could make a commitment (myself included) to post once weekly with an update on your lives, diet progress, hellos, kids, DHs, neighborhood gossip, etc., it will be just like calling a friend every week.

Personally I NEED the support I get on the SB thread because I HAVE to get to my goal and the plan is working for me. But I would be very sad if this thread just went away....so....thoughts, responses???? Enthusiasm?

Theresa - Glad the headache went away. migraines can be so awful, I've had two in my life and that was enough. Ready to go back to Disney!

Ellie - hey - congrats on the loss! I f you're history buffs ou really need to come to NEW ENGLAND!!

Cindy - you lost more? Sheesh, I want your metabolism. I notice on the SB thread there are a lot of gals from Louisiana, and Florida. Lots' of southern gals.

Robin - congrats on the loss. If you are being supervised by the doctor AND eating healthy then I say GO FOR IT! Just make sure yo uhave a plan in place for when you go off goal, because that's the big downfall of any kind of presciprtion plan - at some point you go off them and if you haven't acceted drastic changes, it will all come back on. It happened to me, and I eat pretty healthy. But you just have to cut the sweets! Face it! Accept the truth! Do yoga! (what's up with that?)

Lynn, Linn, CAB - wassup (as Harry would say).

I had a terrible off plan weekend due to Passover (NO, due to ME!) and I have been back 100% for two days. Amazing, my tummy got all squishy, I felt awful....but I am determined to complete this journey. It doesn't help that I am reading "fighting the midlife fat cell" or something like that. Not good news re: weight gain in general....

They found something on my Dad's hip in addition to the lung, so Weds he goes in for an MRI to see if it is the Big C or just (I HOPE!) arthiritis. AFter that they can determine the course of treatment. THANKS to all of you for your good wishes!

Back to work. Send me some feedback on my suggestion re: this thread.

Viv
Closed Thread