Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 11:28 AM   #16  
Super Surfer

Default Hi everyone

Well, I just had a good laugh at myself. I haven't been here since my last post and when I re-read it saw that I spelled drought wrong... guess I should edit more often...
Ann Have a great cruise... bon voyage.
Maria Hope the medication is helping get rid of the infection. Not a pleasant thing. You love your home, it would be a shame if you had to give it up. You really do have a life full of big decision making. I hope it all works out for you. .... and YES, we are going to Hawaii... very exciting.
Slavika I sound a lot better this morning than I did yesterday.. maybe I am going to live after all. The coughing isn't as bad. I did see a doctor and I don't have bronchitis, just a nasty cold.
Karen Sleeping with my head elevated was exactly what the doctor told me to do... that was good advice from you. We have had the same weather as you had. Today is COLD, not supposed to last though. I have been in an eating frenzy this weekend too. What brings that on?
Lily Are you a programmer for the telephone co.? From what I have picked up over the years, I think you have a very interesting job.

I am still running around in my nightie... time to get ready to face the day. See you all later.
Old 01-18-2004, 01:58 PM   #17  
Net browser

Default another really cold day.......

Hi Everybody
My friend made a wonderful meal for our dinner last evening. We get a free magazine from Kraft Canada called "What's Cooking" and they featured a meal in there that she made. Their web site is: www.kraftcanada.com
We had "Citrus Roasted Pork", with a rice side dish that contained cranberries and almonds. For a vegtable she made baby carrots with green grapes (it was really good, and I must get that recipe from her). The dessert she made was also from the magazine and it was, "Chocolate Peanut Butter Cream Pie". She used "light" ingredients where she could to cut down the calories on the meal.
Karen the average day time temperature in Maui in between 80 and 83 every day. It is said in Maui, if it's raining where you are standing then move over a couple of steps and there won't be any rain there. It cools down in the evening a little, and it's a little cooler in the early morning. The time difference between us and Hawaii is 4 hours. When it's noon here, it is only 8:00AM in Maui.
Trudy I am so happy that you are feeling a little better today.
Maria I hope your medication has kicked in and that your infection has cleared up.
I was going to go through my summer clothes today to see what I would take with me on holidays, but I decided I would do that tomorrow. Today, I am just going to have a really lazy day and not do too much. I phoned my brother and sil and thought they might like to come for BRUNCH but I guess they are out, so I think that DH and I will just have the back bacon and eggs for din dins this evening. He loves bacon and eggs and I don't often make it.
Bye for now, talk to you all later.
Old 01-18-2004, 03:35 PM   #18  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I dont think anyone is gonna have a drought this year. Seems to be the year for Rain and snow every where. Liked the things you passed on.

Maria: It the same with me and DH. Little arugment that lasts and hour. I just wish he would explain what he does so I could fix it my self Oh no a maybe move to Sydney? Will the new position mean that he wont have to travel so much? That would me nice if he didnt.

Ann: See you when you get back! I know its to late but have fun!

Slavika: I bet your bunny loves for for going to all that trouble. I know my DH would take a picture of me If I did that. Loved that picture yu passed on of the Moose and kitty. It was sooooooo cute! That dinner sounded yummy! Liked the website to. Looks like lots of good recipes

Karen: That cake sounded so cute! Sounded yummy to. Bet he loved it!

Trudy. No Im not a programmer. I never could get into that stuff. Just a Webmaster. Sorry that cold is hanging on for ever. But glad its just a cold and not Brochitis (?) or something like that.

Havent been to good at doing my Journal the last few days been to busy. Must get back at it.
We were suppose to go to A Crab Fest yesterday. Was so looking forward to it. But DH got sick. It was to late to call a friend to go. As I didnt find out he was sick until I got home from WW and it was already time to leave. So AlAS no Crab for me
Old 01-18-2004, 04:30 PM   #19  

G'day all,

Infection has cleared and I am feeling much better again.
I seem to have a shuttle service to the airport, yesterday dropped dd off to go back to Melbourne, this morning dh to go back to Sydney and tonight at 10 pm ds and wife who arrive back from Noumea
DH and I have decided that he will apply for the position in Sydney and if he is successful we will relocate for 2 years and if not, we will be just as pleased, if not more.
It will be huge upheaval but once we started talking about how we would go about it, it may not be quite as bad.........I think

Nice to 'see' you Karen, you all have the excuse of it being cold and therefore eating more thatn usual, not sure what my excuse is, another hot day here today.

Trudy pleased to hear that you will live!!! How exciting, you better get 100% well, you don't want to be sitting sniffling in Hawaii
At least you do not have bronchitis, that seems to take ages to get rid of.

Slavika love that website, another one to bookmark. I am not the world's greatest cook, I have heaps of cookbooks and quite a few recipe websites marked as favourites now all I have to do is USE them

Lily Sorry to hear you missed out on your crabmeat because your dh was sick.
Don't be so modest "just a webmaster", I am sure if every man and his dog could do that job, you wouldn't be so busy.
Yes if we were to go to Sydney it would be less travel and that is one of the reasons we thought we would give it a whirl and see what happens.
It will only be for 2 years and then we get back home and I can redecorate my house and all will be well. We thought we would take some of the 'crappy' furniture with us and then sell/give away before we come home again and then I HAVE to buy new when we are home again
We have made a list of what WE want out of the move, I will be surprised if they agree to our requests or perhaps dh is a lot more valuable to them than I thought.

HAve a great day all, keep warm and I will attempt to keep cool!

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-18-2004, 10:00 PM   #20  

Thumbs up I hate winter

Have you figured out I'm not happy. It's so cold in this state that the hot water pipes have frozen It's the dumbest thing. Why would the hot water pipes freeze and not the cold? So have had to heat water all day just to do the stuff that needs to get done. We used paper plates for our sunday dinner and even used the paper bowls. So all I had to wash was the pots and pans. But I still hate winter. Told my DH that we were selling and moving to Florida for ever. Not ever comming back to the frozen north

Maria glad you are on the mend.

Trudy you too.

Slavika I finally got to go to Hawaii and sat and watched the waves go in and out. All the while hateing Minnesota!

Marnie are you as cold as I am?

I sorry I am such a _itch. but just needed to vent.

SIL has decide not to take Blood pressure medicine any more says it makes her dizzy I told her fine but when her blood pressure goes up again I don't want to hear about it! Sometimes it's like dealing with a child a 67 year old child!

It has not been a good day think I'll go eat worms.

I check back in tomorrow maybe my mood will have gotten better. Thanks for letting me vent!

Karen
Old 01-18-2004, 11:50 PM   #21  

Karen you just made me smile, I can see myself so much in your post.......perhaps being hot is not so bad after all!

Maria
Old 01-19-2004, 04:37 AM   #22  
Ash

Default From Down Under....

Hi all,

We had a lovely day here today but we are having a real hot one tomorrow, once again we are following the weather that Maria has just had so at least I know what to expect. My cardio-version was not a success and I have to have it repeated, another trip to hospital. I have been very careful with what I eat but have decided that eating everything but in moderation is the key. the Weight Watchers program seems to be the best and most comprehensive that I have found so back onto it with a few changes here and there.

Karen We used to live on a farmlet where we couldn't have a shower in the morning until 11am or even flush the toilet and guess what - water pipes frozen, so you are not alone in this. Tell that SIL of yours that B/P medication is usually for life and not to mess around with it. Just ask the doctor what she can do.

Lily Bad luck about that crabmeat, better luck next time.

Maria Thanks for the advice, I have found the site and keep well now you are better again.

Well ladies time to put the cat to bed and then I won't be far after that so until next time.

Take care all. Sorry I have missed so many but I am thinking of you all

Ash/Jenye
Old 01-19-2004, 07:47 AM   #23  

Hi,

Karen your sil needs to be spanked. She can't keep fooling around with her medications. Oh I hope your pipes have thawed. That has to be a pain to deal with on top of everything else. Vent away. BTW how were the worms?

Maria interesting life you have. You could be a gypsy-all you need is the wagon. It sounds like you are getting it together in your head. Hope it all works out however you want it to.

Trudy you brightened up my day with your emails. They were cute. Thanks. Glad you are able to do your wash again. We take all things for granted. I often wonder how the pioneer women ever did it.

Slavika what fun for you and Trudy to be in Hawaii together. Send some sun here. WE have a dusting of snow this morning but that is better than all the rain from the other day. That pork roast sounds so good.

Ash not sure what a cardio version is.

Lily sorry you missed the crab fest. Sounded like fun and I bet it was good. I love crab cakes.

Nothing of excitement has happened here. We went to a triple birthday party yesterday for some nieces. It was fun. It is nice to be with family.
Old 01-19-2004, 02:29 PM   #24  
Net browser

Hi All

Cold day again today, so I decided to make "Oven Stew" for din dins tonight. I use round steak or something like that because I find the stewing meat so fat. I have everything ready to throw into the roaster.
I like to try and make something on a Monday that we can have again on Tuesday for dinner as that is Tea Time and I also get the grandchildren after school on Tuesdays. They always want pizza or hotdogs as a treat so that's what I give them.
Lily too bad you missed out on the crab fest. I love King Crab Legs, crab cakes, dips that contain crab meat.......LOL well you get the picture, I love crab meat.
Maria so you may end up on the move again. It's great that you are treating it as an adventure, and you will be with your DH, so that's good! I guess now you just have to "wait and see".
Karen YIKES that's all you needed, broken hot water pipes. Karen are you considering selling and moving permanently? I think I asked you that already, but senility must be setting in because I don't remember your answer.
Jenye nice to see you. I also am not sure what a cardio-version is. How are you feeling now?
Peggy you can't even imagine how excited I am that Trudy is coming to Maui this year with her DH. Their hotel is within walking distance of our place. They will have a car too, so they will kind of do whatever they want and see what they want, but when they feel like company for din dins or to join us at the pool, or perhaps join us for pupu's and a drink they can just walk over. Because DH and I have never taken the "Road to Hana", I think this year it would be nice to go with Trudy and her husband. Mind you, when I looked it up on the internet it was called "Divorce Highway". The road to Hana is very narrow and windy and apparently wives have been known to be back seat drivers. hee hee Lily did you and your DH take that car trip???
Bye for now.
Old 01-19-2004, 06:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Default I made soup today!

Yes, Karen, I'm as cold as you! -45 windchill in the state today! I bet it's colder up there, though. After making soup I hunkered down under a quilt and watched Oprah. I have to take the bus to WW, but decided not to go (I'll go tomorrow after work). I had a bad weekend food-wise so I know I'll be up. I feel like a real yo-yo!

I hope Ann is having a great time on her cruise. Slavika, don't you go to Hawaii soon? It will be so nice there.

I just stopped by to say hi; DH is on his way home so I better go look like I'm getting something ready for dinner.

See you all tomorrow.

Marnie

Old 01-19-2004, 07:10 PM   #26  

Just very quickly, you guys are probably aware of the new virus but just in case I thought I would warn you.........

The W32/ Bagle@MM virus has been detected within Lucent Technologies. If you receive an e-mail message with a subject of "Hi" and message body of "Test=)", delete the message and do not open the attachment.

Detection for the W32/Bagle@MM virus is being built into an emergency SMS McAfee VirusScan 4316 SuperDAT update. This will be a mandatory package starting today.

Hope no-one gets caught with this one......

Back later...

Cheers
Maria
Old 01-19-2004, 11:29 PM   #27  

Thumbs up Still no hot water

I feel as though all I've gotten done today is heat water. I would never have made a good pioneer woman. Give me all my comforts and give me my dishwasher!

It got a bit warmer today. And I don't think it will be getting so cold tonight. Just the same I have my electric blanket turned on warming up my bed.

Maria thanks for the warning. i will be on the look out.

Have to get to bed my work week starts tomorrow.

Karen
Old 01-20-2004, 01:02 AM   #28  

Go to the next thread......

Maria
Closed Thread