Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2001, 08:49 PM   #1  
Net browser

Talking

Hi Everybody I hope you found your way to our new thread GREENEYEZ .

GLENDA You know I think you are right about the "smart dog" being in the book "The Watcher's". I will check it out in the book store and see if that is the one. "False Memory" is another of Koontz books that is kind of scary because its believable but boy was it ever a fast read.
The new grandson's room sounds just lovely. I bet you all can hardly wait for that little munchkin to put in an appearance.

I have to tell you gals, today was my day with my granddaughter. She goes to kindergarten and got her report today. I asked her if she would like to go out for lunch today in honour of this "great report" and she said, "yes I would, but to a grownup restaurant not McDonalds". I took her to a Perkins type one. The gal at the front asked if I preferred smoking or non-smoking I told her, "non". The Princess asked me what that meant so I explained that there were two sections in the restaurant one where people could smoke and one where they couldn't. The booth we were seated at had the little no-smoking sign which she noticed right away but she also noticed that the booths across from us did not have these signs, but there wasn't anybody sitting there either. We talked a bit about why people smoked and she knew that I had smoked a long time ago and said it was good that I didn't anymore because it was stinky and bad for my lungs. A short while later two ladies about my age sat in the booth across from us and they both lit up cigarettes. The Princess says to me, "oh yucky, I guess those two ladies want to go and see Jesus.....soon!

Well GREENEYEZ did your hubby pick up your new scale for you?
Hi LILY how are you coming along with your new computer? Did you put all your favorites on it now?
Weather was very dull and dreary today. I have WW tomorrow and I don't think I have done very well this week. Oh Brother. The good news is, we will still have tea time, and I always enjoy that.
TRUDY sent my granddaughter a animated e-card today and she was so pleased to receive it and sent one back to Trudy. Because she is too young to read, I told her the one she chose was a Easter card, but she said that was ok, because Trudy would know it was the nicest card "inside" the computer.
Ok, I guess that's all my news for today. Night all.
Old 03-19-2001, 09:18 PM   #2  
Life Time 2001

Glenda: The Gradsons room sounds adorable! My sister did that when she first had baby's and it was great! Great going on the loss!

Geri: Feel for you and the free service. Must be a real pain. Sounds like you are doing good with the group you are in.

Maria: I dont have a webcam so cant help you there! Sounds like fun to play with tho!

Slavika: Oh my! That story about Princess was to cute!!!!!!! Gotta love kids! Got puter going finally. Still have a few things to do on it. But for the most part it is done!
Old 03-19-2001, 09:54 PM   #3  
Super Surfer

Default it's drizzling outside...yuck!

Lily Your have been losing so steadily. Good for you. What's your secret? Hows the new 'puter doing?
Margot Down another 1.9. WTG. Hope you get your PC problems fixed so you can get back here. You are my inspiration.
Greeneyez I think I keep spelling your name wrong LOL. Love your avatars, the bluebird and Betty Boop.
Maria You won't be seeing me on a web cam. I would have to be "on guard" all the time. LOl You are having a nice time in Sydney. Maintaining is much better than gaining.
Peggy How come your ISP is sending you a free Web Cam?
Geri That was funny about your ISP program. Our DH's have their own ideas - not always the best ideas - but their own First Place is doing great. Good for you - you are leading the group?
Glenda 2.8 down WTG. You have a great start. That was a nice Anniversary celebration. Yes... we are a hardy bunch, although I had on my winter jacket that day. Old people aren't that hardy, my shorts come out in July and Aug.
Your grandson's room sounds adorable. I'll bet you just can't wait for his arrival.
Slavika The Princess is a hoot , just like her Baba. Glad she liked the card, but I can't seem to open my Easter card "someone" made a mistake in the address See you tomorrow at WW, save me a seat, I won't be there for door opening.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:14 AM   #4  

G'day all,
5.00pm Tuesday afternoon.
Hair has been cut and coloured and I am all ready for the Webcam!!!! I am pleased the webcam has a 'privacy cover', I would say that I would use that quite regularly!
I am starting my courses tomorrow, tai chi at 12 and Adobe Photoshop at 6pm. DH is returning from Melbourne tonight. He rang today and has been told he is wanted in Melbourne for 2 weeks!!!!! I cannot believe it, me in Sydney, DH in Melbourne and home is Adelaide. I would be happy to go to Melbourne but I have just paid over $200 to do these courses. It is very frustrating not being able to make ANY plans. Of course my daughter is in Melbourne so I am now thinking I will go to Melbourne Thursday till the following Tuesday so I am back in time to attend my courses.
I have to say days like today make me very happy that I have access to the net, it is always good to read what you are all up to.
There is good news though, I am down 3 pounds
Perhaps it was the result of eating melon all day yesterday. Watched Dr Phil on Oprah today and it all made a lot of sense what he said on weight loss.
Glenda, Margot and Lily you are all doing so well.

The experience you girls are having with your free ISP is interesting, I was thinking of changing over, I don't think I will bother, I don't need anymore hassles in my life.
Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 03-20-2001 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-20-2001, 11:25 AM   #5  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: No secert. Just keep hanging in there. Im slow but sure. I always eat at the low to mid range. But then like this weekend we are going out to dinner so I will be using Banked points for that. Its our anniversary tomorrow. And we always go out to some nice place on the weekend. Loving my puter! I did crash it last night. ALAS.......But DH fixed it all better. I was very sad I loaded a program that wasnt compatible to Windows 2000.

Maria: Boy your hubby is traveling alot! Poor you! Would hate not being able to make plans. Id go for the time you said so you can visit. Then you will be back in time for the courses. WTG on the loss! Thats great!

This board sure loaded slowly today. Didnt think I was ever gonna get here. Any body else having that problem?

We are having rolling Blackouts again. The power was off at work yesterday. Right at the time to go home. The traffic is bad enough here. But with out traffic lights made it even worse.
Old 03-20-2001, 01:42 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Default the year 2021

Picture this..... the year is 2021, a van from the old folks home down the road stops at the WW meeting bldg. Two silver haired dollies struggle out, wearing their uniforms, ..black stretched out, elastic popped tights, and the thinest, lightest blouses they could find. (They know this for a fact because they weighed them on their WW scale before they left home.) They have their trusty joggers on as they shuffle down the stairs to get weighed in. It hasn't been a good week (too many treats), so they will have to pay today, but they are in a good mood, strange as it may seem, they like going to WW. They laugh and joke with the receptionist and when they get to the scale, they say "just write it down, I don't want to know what the number is", exchange more laughter with the leader. They automatically head for the chairs they have been sitting in for the last 40 years. One is drinking crystal light and the other has Swiss Miss fat free, sugar free hot chocolate. They talk to all their neighbors, asking how everyone did, encouraging those who need it and praising those who did well. They briefly talk about their latest PC problems, say bad things about the ISP they have, check to see if each other has read the latest at 3FC and see what thread has been deleted at Dotti's and why. They WW exchange recipes with their friends and then settle in to hear the latest from their leader. One hour later they are back at the home, drinking tea and eating muffins. Another great day!

Last edited by Trudy; 03-20-2001 at 07:53 PM.
Old 03-20-2001, 05:55 PM   #7  

G'day all

9.30 am Wednesday March 21 my 56th birthday!!!!!!!!!

Trudy who would those silver haired ladies be in your little story????? Perhaps by then I can get on a super super sonic jet to get there in time for the meeting and the tea and muffins after. In fact we could take turns as to who makes the jet ride to the next meeting

My birthday didn't start off to well, I dislocated my little toe (something I tend to do quite regularly but is still quite painful). I am off to my first Tai Chi today, was going to walk there but will now drive because of my toe.
DH and I had a long talk last night re our future. I have been worried that this job is just too much but he really enjoys the challenges and feels it probably is hardest on me. I agree it is hard but I do enjoy the benefits being able to buy what i like and being able to help out the kids as they start setting up homes etc. I never in my wildest dreams would have thought this is how our life would pan out at times I pinch myself 'is this all for real'. I have decided I just have to adjust and go with the flow and make the most of the opportunities presented to us despite the frustrations.
My daughter is very keen for us to come and live in Melbourne for a bit.
Lily congratulations on you anniversary, hope you have a great time. May 2 we will have been married 31 years, the good thing is we still like each other

I also found the net very slow yesterday, I always worry that it is my laptop, pleased to hear you had similar problems.

Have a great day all
Maria
Old 03-20-2001, 06:09 PM   #8  

Yea it's spring! Trudy could you be identifying with one of those ladies from the "home". That was funny. Lily have a Happy Anniversary. I had a slow time getting on the net yesterday too. I thought of you when I read the paper this morning and it had an article about the blackouts. I wondered if it affected you. Went past a gas station today and gas was $1.21 a gallon. Hasn't been that low in long time. Hope it stay low when we go on vacation in June. Greeneyez I liked your paintings - especially The Courtyard. You are very talented. Maria you must have posted while I was writing this. Now I know what time it is in Australia. Happy Birthday. You are just a kid. Have you got your web cam set up yet? Did my walk in the park before the rain came. We have been trying to walk outside instead of the mall. Much nicer. See you tomorrow, Peggy
Old 03-20-2001, 09:02 PM   #9  
Life Time 2001

Talking

Trudy: Hum. I wonder who those two silver haired ladies are? I just cant figure that out....

Maria: Happy Birthday!!! I do the same thing with my toes. DH laughs at me all the time. Im always running into something. They arent that big but they sure find the end tables alot!
Thats a long time to be married! Glad you still like him to! Im debeting on mine.. Not really Im gonna keep him. I need him for my puter!

Peggy: The blackouts are a pain thats for sure. It really wouldnt be so bad if the traffic lights didnt go out to. You would think they could plan them around the heavy Traffic times. But no doesnt seem to matter what time it is. Took me 1/2 hour to go 1 block yesterday.
Old 03-20-2001, 09:44 PM   #10  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
I have to say, I sure enjoy coming here to read what you all have to say. Trudy I laughed the whole time I read your post. Now I know Lily and perhaps a couple of the other gals don't know who you were talking about (yah right) and I certainly will not enlighten them. Ok, I'll just say this. Maybe Trudy and I do have silver hair and that's all I'm going to say on this matter.
Maria ~~~~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY ~~~~
You bet you and your hubby should make the most of all these great opportunities that are coming your way. Good for you guys. Sorry about your boo boo toe but congrats on the nice weight loss. I managed to stay the same but a loss sure would have been nice. Next week.
Congrats also to Lily, Glenda, and Margot for their weight losses too. WTG you gals.
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU LILY
Well Trudy what do you think will there be room in the van for Maria when she comes to visit in the year 2021???
Good night all.
Old 03-20-2001, 10:08 PM   #11  
Super Surfer

Default Weigh in day....Yikes......

Last time I officially weighed in was Jan 16, since then I gained 1.6 lbs ....The good news is that I am back OP. I keep gaining and losing the same lbs. though.
Slavika Absolutely room for Maria, and anyone else who wants to join us.. how about it gals, we could have a lot of fun Of course you will end up like us...
Maria ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY.. Too bad your DH couldn't be with you today, but you can make up for that when you see him. I checked out my Atlas, and Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide really aren't that far from each other. Definitely go to Melbourne to visit with your D. Enjoy the good times. Sorry about the toe, I broke one almost 3 yrs ago and the sucker still hurts sometimes. They are tender little digits.
Peggy How did you get to see Greeneyez paintings? I have been there 3 times and I can't get past the Fortunecity logos.
Lily ... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.. how many years? Don't get rid of your DH, PC literate hubbies are hard to come by. Do you like your Windows 2000? 1/2 hr to go 1 block must be so frustrating. Sorry you are back in the blackouts. They should happen during working hours and then they could send you home.

Hi Geri and Margot, I guess you still can't get here to post.... and Greeneyez are you lost?

Big Congratulations to all the losers....

Have a great day tomorrow gals, I am meeting my DD at 3:00 in the afternoon and we are going shopping.

Last edited by Trudy; 03-20-2001 at 10:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2001, 08:11 AM   #12  

Good Morning, Raining here again. Hope it stops this afternoon so we can walk outside. Trudy I am going to try to lose the same 2 lbs that I lost last week. They mysteriously came back. Can't imagine how that happened. I just clicked on the site that Greeneyez posted in thread 101 and it just took me to her paintings. Lily I would be so frustrated to take so long going a block. I don't like being stuck in traffic. Have to go do my flylady 27 fling boogie now, Peggy
Old 03-21-2001, 08:09 PM   #13  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
I had a really nice day out with my friend today but boy did the weather ever take a turn for the worse. I checked to see the temp. in fahrenheit it is 10 degrees, with a 14 mile per hour north wind and snow.
Spent some time looking around a new craft store that recently opened...it was really nice. I had bought a couple of bras before I left on holidays and really liked one of them. Today I went to get a couple more......you guessed it, they were discontinued.
Maybe I'm in a rut, and I have to spread my wings, and experience new things, like under-wire bra's.

I think this is a good evening to cozy up with my book. I'll come back later to see what you all have been up to.
TTFN.
Old 03-21-2001, 10:47 PM   #14  
Super Surfer

Default where's everybody???

Hi all...
Slavika ..yesterday was the first day of Spring, we were wearing little spring jackets and today the winter parkas had to come out again.. what happened?
It never fails, just when I find some necessary article of apparel, they discontinue it. I think it is an unwritten rule.
Peggy.. I can't exercise any more or eat any less, so I have no idea how these last 2 lbs are ever going to come off. Just keep on going I guess.
Lily.. Where are you, playing with your new PC or stuck in the dark somewhere?

My DD was sick with a cold and fever today, so our shopping afternoon had to be postponed. Her DH brought her home some chicken soup and pudding
Since I was home I ironed 3 weeks worth of laundry ... I can't believe I let it pile up like that, it was a horrible experience.

We sure are quiet here today, see you all tomorrow...
Old 03-22-2001, 08:34 AM   #15  
Net browser

Good Morning Everybody

Hi LIZZIEPIE and welcome. I hope you found your way to this thread. We sure would love to have you join in with us. I too am at goal (ok WAS at goal before my Feb. holiday in Hawaii) hee hee but struggling hard to get back.
I have to get going but I'll come back later. Once again ANN welcome.
Slavika

P.S. Everybody Lizziepie posted on Thread #102 pg. 2

Last edited by slavika; 03-22-2001 at 08:36 AM.
Closed Thread