Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2001, 11:58 AM   #16  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: I will keep DH for a while. As soon as he cant fix my puter tho out he goes!
I like the windows 2000. I also have it at work so Im use to it.

Slavika: Im not in the dark, at least not yet today. Was really crazy yesterday at work.
Then I decided to spend some time with DH. Being anniversary, figured one day a year I can do that.
Just kidding!

Peggy: You do the most interesting things. What the heavens is flylady's boogie fling?

Lizzie: Welcome! Good heavens of course you can join us! You fit right in! Hope you do join us!

Last edited by LilyG; 03-22-2001 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-22-2001, 05:02 PM   #17  

G'day all,

Nice to read all your cheery posts. It must happen in every country re the discontinuation of necessary items
It must be the time for buying bras, I also found the particular brand I wear discontinued and in need of new ones, paid a small fortune for the new ones and I am not too sure if they are as flattering as they could be

It is a beautiful morning here in sydney (8.40am Friday) and I have decided to take myself off and do a bit of exploring of the city. DH won't be 'home' till late tonight, too long a day to sit behind a computer.
The continual change in my life has still not abated. We are now moving to a different apartment very close to the city and the move to Melbourne is off . DH is going for 1 week to Melbourne on April 2 so I have decided to forego one of my lessons and go with him. I figured I would rather be in Melbourne for the week than stay in Sydney on my own for the sake of a 2 hour lesson.
You are right Trudy it is not that far To Adelaide or Melbourne but it still is a 2 day drive to Adelaide and a one day drive to Melbourne. (or 2.10 hour flight Syd-Adl and 1.15 Syd-Melb) It is not something that one decides to do at the spur of the moment.

I am thrilled there will be room in the bus Slavika and Trudy but I had intended coming over a bit earlier than 2021!!!!! It will be more like 2006. I hope that will still be OK.
Seriously DH and I would very much like to visit Canada and Alaska, it is one of the holidays on top of our list.
So you see he just has to keep on earning the money a bit longer so we can go in style.
Lily I wish you were here to help me with my webcam. I did install it but my laptop slowed down soooo much and some other things did not quite work so I have taken it off again. DH said he will have a look for me when he gets a chance. I call him 'my helpdesk', it is just that the 'helpdesk' has had other priorities of late.
Gerri please enlighten us what it is you mean by 'flylady's boogie fling'. Sounds interesting
Have a great day all and a good weekend.
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-22-2001, 05:46 PM   #18  
Fun Blonde

I believe I know where everyone is. They are all trying to access this site. It takes me a good 5 times of hitting Reload to get all the way to the bottom of the thread. I think it is because of all the moving images that it takes so much memory? Is that a good guess, Lily?

Hallelujah! Hallelujah! I am taking off tomorrow for NO REASON. I am just tired. I want to walk around the lake (3 1/2 miles) and clean house. (a little).

It is time to go home. Everybody, have a good three days! I will see you on Monday.
Glenda
Old 03-22-2001, 07:47 PM   #19  
Super Surfer

Hi Lizziepie What a cute user name, of course you can join us. You will fit right in, Senior Moments and all. With 14 grandchildren you have your own Dynasty...wonderful. I also have Osteoporosis, what is MIACALCIN? Maybe that is something I need.
Glenda I think you are right about all the moving images slowing down everything, but they are so nice I would hate to see them go. Have a nice 3 day weekend.
Maria It's never a dull moment with you. Moving again, that is what keeps you young, and on your toes.

On Dotti's board someone foundflylady.net- a site that gives "housecleaning and organizing tips with homespun humor" - its cute.

Lily I was told that Windows 2000 was more office orientated, and not good for home use.. do you agree? That was sweet of you giving up PC for one day to celebrate your anniversary.
I ran into Slavika today at Safeway, and she was buying more Vector cereal...what do you do with all the Vector you buy? Lucky for me you are always leaving when I arrive and you never get a chance to see what I buy week after week... Maybe the reason I can't drop my few lbs is because I pick up a box of Fudgsicles every week....just for me.

My PC is still freezing when I SEND e-mail, and my Leader/Advisor Slavika pointed out that it might be because I have 21 annimated Avatars downloaded. ...do you think???... so I will be using one every post and then deleting them **sigh** I sure hate to see them go, especially since I can't remember where I got them from in the first place..OH BROTHER!

Bye all....

Last edited by Trudy; 03-22-2001 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-22-2001, 09:00 PM   #20  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Dont think I could help with the web cam. Never tried one before. Those are the things that I go "Oh Honey I need you to help me" Boy tell you DH's work to make up there minds! I would go nuts moving around like you are. But at least you get to go with him.

Glenda: Yes it does slow things down a bit. Good for you taking the day off! The walk around the lake sounds like fun. Can I go? But dont expect me to help clean house. I dont do that.

Trudy: Dont!!! get rid of your avatars. Arent they on your computer some where? Not in your email? They would have nothing to do with your email unless you have them sitting in a message there. Hey I buy a thing of Skinny cows every week. Fudgesciles arent bad. And what is Vector Cereal? Never heard of it. Windows 2000 isnt office oriented. It is mostly sold to companys as it works better for Lan systems, and also depending on what the comapany wants. It just uses a different platform to run, called NT.
Old 03-22-2001, 10:57 PM   #21  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Trudy maybe Lily's right about the avatars not causing your computer to crash when you send e-mails. Maybe the two things....you downloading all your avatars and e-mail crashing just happened at the same time. Lily about the Vector cereal I have been buying and eating and eating...........well you get the picture. It's made by Kellogg's. The box says, crunchy flakes and granola oats and soy protein clusters. Its 1-1/4 cups cereal 205 calories. It's really quite good.
Maria I think when we were younger we were probably always looking to buy the newest "whatevers"
and I still do like to do that with some things. Bra's, panties and some make-up items I just like to get the same products. I guess over time I collected a drawer of panties that "bug" me when I wear them...same with some of the bra's I've bought, and make-up YIKES I don't even know how many lipsticks I've bought and put on ONCE. I always like to buy cosmetics or cream or something where I get a "little gift". It's usually another lipstick I will never in this lifetime wear or a blush the color of grapes or something but I am soooo happy to get the "gift". BROTHER. LOL
Lizziepie hope to "see" you back here tomorrow.
I guess that's it...so I'll say good night to you all.

Last edited by slavika; 03-22-2001 at 11:00 PM.
Old 03-23-2001, 12:04 AM   #22  

G'day all,

4 pm friday afternoon.
I have returned from my bit of exploring and I didn't get lost once. Bought a lovely hot pink linen shirt (a bargain of course) and had my cards read!!!!
The girl was an astrologer and also read tarot cards, I know it is rubbish but I still do it
She told me all the things I wanted to hear but also said that I have to make a life for myself in order to be happy. She was lovely we talked for about 1 1/2 hours about many different things, it was supposed to have been a 30 minute reading!!!
Slavika that is exactly what I do, I only buy cosmetics when there is a gift with purchase. I figure cosmetics are so expensive I might as well get a gift as well I often end up giving the 'gifts' away and that is fine. Now and again I have a clean up and toss all the little trial potions and lotions and then I can start again!
Good for you Glenda taking the day off, taht walk sounds great.
Must be off
Cheers
Maria
Old 03-23-2001, 03:56 AM   #23  
Justa Wannabe

hahaha...I can't believe how lost I was...but I found you all now. Slavia, the note you sent let me know I was missed and I thank you!
Yes he bought my scale...now I have to wait a week to weigh myself again to see if it works. If I've lost, it works. If I didn't ...back to the store it goes

Painter thank you so much. That's one of my favorite paintings. (having to deal with rough stone, marble, water etc. in basically one hue)

Trudy YUP!!! I was lost biggg time. hahaha... Oh and I love the avatars too...ain't they a bunch of fun? I think I build webpages just to have someplace to use them

sending out my happy birthday and happy anniversary with the rest of the congradulations. My 55 is coming up Monday...can't say I'm anxious to have it ...my hubby kids me all the time now cause he says I'm a senior citizen and can get discounts at different places....I said "Ohn no I'm not!!! I REFUSE to take them"....he says he does the few times they have said "Oh you're entitled to a discount" when they wait on him...(he's 10 1/2 yrs YOUNGER than me) hahaha... but I look younger than he does...thank gawd!

Well, y'all have a good night..probably when I get online again, you'll have disappeared again & I'll have to do the Sherlock Holmes bit again and try to find you!
Old 03-23-2001, 08:54 AM   #24  

Hi everyone, Missed yesterday because I didn't feel well. The cold that is going around found me. Maria I can't keep up with you. What an exciting life. Don't get too comfortable in one place or you will be off again. I like to buy creams and stuff too. Just got some Red Door perfume for my birthday and already had some so I returned it for a little jar of $50 cream. Almost had a stroke when she said the price. It's nice but I would't but it again unless it works miracles. But I did get the gift and it has one of those real dark lipsticks. Ugh! If you sign up for the fly lady be prepared for a ton of e-mails. She is funny but it is too much. The 27 fling boogie is taking a bag and filling it with 27 things to toss out. It helps to keep clutter down. Lizziepie welcome and join in. Lily hope you are dealing with the power outages o.k. Everyone have a nice weekend. My washer just stopped and I am going to hang my sheets outside. Nice today but tomorrow - snow. Go figure, Peggy
Old 03-23-2001, 02:34 PM   #25  

Hi girls,

Glad that I was able to get in today and see how everybody is doing. Happy belated anniversary to Lily and Happy belated birthday to Maria. Hope both days were great.

Still having problems with this dumb ISP. Just found out that most of the people I sent messages to about my new e-mail addy never got them. I should have realized something was fishy in Denmark when I would only have 2 or 3 messages in 3 or 4 days. It just took a while for me to catch on.

Glad you are enjoying your new cp, Lily. I wish I were close to you so I could come over and have you teach me about these foul little machines.

Maria, you are 17 hours in front of me. When it was 1 something Monday afternoon it was 8 something Tuesday night here. Glad to get that mystery cleared up.

Welcome Greeneyze. Did I spell that right. I am going to try and visit your site again. The first time I tried I got one of those fatal error messages and couldn't even get back to 3FC.

My friend is visiting me from my old home town. She got in late last night and will be here till Sunday afternoon. We will shop and eat, eat and shop, etc. You get the picture.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

How do you get to page 2? Whenever I click on it it just goes back to page 1. Is there some kind of secret to it?
I haven't been able to get a second page since they switched to the new stuff.
Old 03-23-2001, 04:40 PM   #26  
Member Florida Chick

Hi everyone: Thanks for inviting me on board. It will probably take me a while to get everyone straight, but will try. It took me a while to find #103 also. And it also takes me a while to download the thread. I supposed it was because I have Webtv rather than a computer, but if it is because of all the cute images so be it.

I am in the same boat of losing the same two or three pounds over and over. I just can't seem to stay at my goal, so I go and weigh in and pay and then come home and tell myself I am going to do better.

Australia is one place I've always dreamed of visiting, but we'll have to win the lottery first. Did you take in any of the Olympics?

Anyone have some wonderful new recipes to share? I love to cook and try new things. I believe y email is on my profile, but if not I'll pass it on.

Congratualtions on all the birthdays and anniversaries.We celebrated our 25th by going to Tortola in the BVI for a week. This is the 2nd time around for us both, so if we counted all our years of marriage experience, yours, mine, and ours, we'd have 70years. Should count for something, don't you think. We both refer to our 'first life' and our 2nd life which we are living and enjoying.

Once again thanks for including me. Ann
Old 03-23-2001, 06:39 PM   #27  
Life Time 2001

Slavika: That ceral sounds interesting. I will have to see if we have it here. Like all the stuff it has in it. Will look for it tomorrow. I need something new.

Maria: I had my cards read once. And it was fun! She was all wrong at what she told me tho. I was suppose to marry this Guy (who was a friend) that I went with to have it done.

Greeneyes: Gald you found your way back. Was wondering what happened to you.

Peggy: Sorry your sick. Colds are the worse this time of year. Take care of yourself. Oh that flylady. I heard its alot of email. So I will pass. 50$ cream? Oh my!

Geri: I havent had a problem getting to page 2. Maybe you need to be right on the 2. There is also a place in the prefrences you can change it to how many message you want per page. I changed mine so the entire thread would not take to long to download.

Ann: Sounds like a great way to spend your Anniversary. Some day I would like to go to a Bed & Breakfast some where for the weekend. We went to one a while ago when some people got married and it was really nice. Would like to go back to the same one. There was lots to do around the town and was alot of fun.
Old 03-23-2001, 08:32 PM   #28  
Super Surfer

Default baby it's cold outside....

Yikes is it cold today. The sky is clear and blue, but that wind is like a razor. We need some California weather here.
Lily The place in preferences ~ is that DEFAULT POSTS PER THREAD: Use Forum Default? That is how mine is set. What would we do without you?? Never leave us.
Ann You need to get onto our Recipe Page to see some of our favorites. Once again.. HELP LILY! ..if I go back to check the address I will lose my reply.
Geri That is nice having a visit from an old friend, how often do you get to see her? Enjoy the weekend. I think you had better get a new ISP
Peggy Sorry your not feeling well. Every time Clinique has bonus time, I buy something, and then I end up giving most of the stuff to my DD, but I just can't resist the purchase.
Greeneyez it's a good thing you found us, we sent out a search party of 1 to find you Our threads are numbered so just go to the latest number and there we will be.
Maria hot pink, bet it looks great on you. Are you a Clinique junky too? I've got this amazing stuff I put around my eyes now.. it cost a fortune so it must be good... RIGHT? Tell me what I want to hear.
Slavika What have you been up to today? I didn't sleep well last night and could just close my eyes now, but if I do I will be up again all night too. sometimes you just can't win.

I am making a Whole Wheat & Honey Potato Bread right now and the house smells heavenly I sure do love my bread machine. Talk to you'all tomorrow....

Had to edit... my star is doing what it was supposed to do yesterday ~~ isn't it cute?

Last edited by Trudy; 03-23-2001 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2001, 09:27 PM   #29  
Net browser

Hi Everybody

Lizziepie What kind of cooking/baking do you like to do. I really like to bake things, like muffins, scones, cookies and desserts, things like that. The cooking part, well I have a couple of favorites but I don't think I really "shine" in that direction.
Until you mentioned having "webTV" I have to say I didn't really know what that was, so I looked on the internet and got some info on it. Do you like it? What do you connect your keyboard to? What is the cost per month to do it that way? I know I ask a lot of questions. If there is some special things you would like to bake let me know...here is my e-mail:
[email protected]
Our e-mail addresses do not show up in our profiles so you would have to give me yours. Lily set up a special board for our group and we post recipes there. Trudy I think mentioned it in her post. Lily will tell you how to access it. Once again Ann, I'm glad you joined us. Oh, I made a WW Crustless Apple Pie on Tuesday for my Tea Time gals and they all enjoyed it and said it would be just great to serve to company.
Geri glad to see you back here. Enjoy your weekend with your friend. Peggy sorry you are feeling crummy. If the weather gets any colder here we'll all be sick too. Boy the winds are wicked tonight.
Trudy when I was out on Wednesday I saw the gift Clinique was giving out this time round. It was really nice. My D-inlaw and grandchildren were here this afternoon and my D-inlaw said she was thinking of buying something so she could get the gift. I forget how much you had to spend....was it $21.00? I probably could use a new blush....hmmmm. I love your star, now that's its moving it looks really nice.
I picked up my years supply of disposable contact lenses this morning then came home and made cookies. Spent a happy couple of hours with the grandchildren and then played on the computer until it was time to fix dinner. It was a good day.
Talk to you all tomorrow. Night.
Old 03-23-2001, 11:38 PM   #30  
Life Time 2001

Trudy: Its under Edit Options and it is called: Default Posts per Thread. You can change it to how many threads to see on a page. I made mine 10. Forum defalt gives you the normal long page.

Ann: Slavika is the master cook here. She cooks everything!
I did send you a private message on the recipes as email do not show. But if you need more info you can email me at [email protected]

Slavika: Is that you at the computer? Or is that ralph trying to mess it up again?
Closed Thread