Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2003, 10:56 PM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #227

Ann: Glad you are doing well with the SB diet. I think its a man thing. My DH can take a nap in the afternoon. Only his naps are 4 hours. I take a nap and Im lucky if it even lasts 1 hour. He can also sleep in forever.
Me Im up at 5:00 sometimes 6:00.

Maria: I have a hard time resisting my self. But its time to cut back on things I dont use. I havent bought the New WW Pizza booK as I know I will make one form it and thats it. Usually buy them all. Never did cook anything out of the Entertainment one. So Im trying to resist from here on out. When do you live for your trip?
DH and I are still deciding when we are. Men........

Boy it was bad last night! Thunder and Lighting like you would not believe! It thought it was gonna hit the house. Unfortuantely, I ran into my neighbor at the store today and I guess it hit a house not to far from us. Totally demolished it.

Well we are off to Lake Tahoe tomorrow. Just a short ride. Picnic Lunch and back. Should be fun!
Here a Cam website of it:
http://www.laketahoecam.com/
Old 08-23-2003, 01:19 AM   #2  

G'day all,

A rainy miserable day here today, perfect to be inside and work on my webpage!
DS and d-i-l are over for dinner tonight, we are having roast lamb and heaps of roast veggies . I am also making some golden syrup dumplings with custard. No they are not out of the WW cookbook , I will only have a very small serving!
There is a good football match on TV and I will continue with my x stitch whilst that is on.

DH has been pottering around getting all the stuff ready for our trip. He is in Sydney all next week, comes back on Friday and then we will be off the following Monday.
He just loves it, he is soooooo organised!

Lily Lake Tahoe just looks lovely. Boy that thunder and lightening is a bit scarey out your way. I didn't know that it could demolish a whole house

Ann you make me laugh about your dh. We are very much the same, neither of us would 'nap' during the day, but dh does sleep much better at night than what I do.

Back to my webpage......
Cheers
Maria
Old 08-23-2003, 01:35 AM   #3  

Lily try the Orange Chiffon Cake on page 247 in the Entertains Book. It is wonderful
And I hear you. I have every cookbook WW has ever sold I think. I have used them a little more than once. Not lately because I've been on the go. But as of last Wednesday I handed over three of my meetings to someone else. It was hard to leave all the people I've made friends with and watched so many of them have success with weight loss. But I am planning to go over there about once a month to a meeting for myself. Haven't been to a W W meeting as a member in almost 10 years.

I have spent most of this week clearing out the Winning Points Program from my office and meeting rooms and putting the FlexPoints in its place. That was a chore .

Trudy you sure do tell a good story but holy cow girl getting stranded . That is a good one to tell to keep her home safe.

Marnie I haven't seen you arond the board lately?

Slavika how is the house coming along. I really hate when we do anything new to the house because we have to live in a mess until done. I always love the end result but don't like the in between

Ann Glad the SB and low carb WW is working for you. Have they done your measurements at curves lately. It is always fun to hear all the inches that are gone

Maria, Your camper/tent looks good but I still would like to go to a nice hotel. Hope you are able to go after all this planning.

Has Glenda been around? I don't remember seeing her.

And Peggy how you doing and what fun stuff are you doing this weekend?

Who is going to a WW meeting this next week? The new program will be there. I am interested in your thoughts.

Got to go

Karen
Old 08-23-2003, 10:16 AM   #4  
Member Florida Chick

Hi all; My measurement day at curves is Monday. Hope I will show some progress. I also intend to weigh in at WW on thursday so I can keep track more carefully.

Karen: I know it must be hard to decide to give up some groups of 'friends' but come the time when you have to think of yourself.

Trudy: that was quite an excapade. I have never been good and sleeping on the ground, and I'm sure if that was me, I'd have been a nervouse wreck, not nearly as calm as you.

Hope you are all having a nice weekend.

Ann
Old 08-23-2003, 05:04 PM   #5  
Super Surfer

Lily.. The picture at Lake Tahoe looks so peaceful. Too bad you aren't staying longer. We had a thunder storm on Thur evening. Didn't get much rain, but lightening hit a power line and our electricity was off from 10:15pm to 12:45am. Of course, my DH said there was no point in staying up and immediately fell asleep, I on the other hand, stayed up and protected him and the house..
Maria sent me the cookbook, I really found it interesting .. he uses "glugs & knobs" as measure.. I found out that "Rocket" is another name for Arugula. A couple of recipes caught my interest. I like reading cookbooks as much as a good novel. You girls might be , you're missing something good.

In my Saturday newspaper they always have a travel section. Senior Tours Canada lists a trip to Australia & New Zealand.. 25 days.. First class tour of the land "Down-under". Sydney, the Outback, Great Barrier Reef, scenic highlights of New Zealand, tropical resort in Fiji. Includes full breakfast daily, 19 dinners and 6 lunches.. $9,997 CDN dbl. That is a lot of money.. for the both of us it would be $19,99.00 plus $$ for extra meals, and you always need spending money for little treasures, we would also need a fare to Calgary, to catch the flight. Something tells me that won't happen I guess you are familar with all these places Maria.

Ann I am not a calm person. Everything that happens to me results in a reaction .. you can see it in my face, my body language, and definitely in my voice.. My DH thinks "adventure" and I think "catastrophe"
Karen is the Entertains Book a WW cookbook? I love lemon or orange chiffon cakes, they are so light and really low cal. My Mom always makes me a lemon chiffon cake on my birthday. Have you started using the Flex Points at your meetings yet? What will you be doing with your spare time now? You will probably enjoy being at a meeting just listening and sharing with the other members. I rather enjoy going to the meetings. I will be going back, carrying extra pounds.. I am so at myself, I feel like a blimp today.

If I am not mistaken, today is Slavika's Anniversary... Happy Anniversary Slavika I hope you are having a great day..

Bye for now ... have a great weekend.
Old 08-23-2003, 07:42 PM   #6  
Life Time 2001

Maria: The Lighting didnt demolish it, the fire after wards did. I Should of been more clear on that.
It was a lovely trip. Usually pretty cool up there but it was quite hot!

Karen: I will look in to that recipe. I have just been in a cooking rut latley. Need to get out of it cuz Im bored with the same old stuff. I do go in spurts tho. I am looking forward to the One Pot Meals cook book tho.
Looks quite interesting. Im sure it was hard to leave those meetings.
I left my Sat morning meeting and its killing me. Im gonna start working Sat at another location. So I will miss the one I have been going to for 4 years now.

Ann: Lets us know how the measurements go. Im sure you will see a difference! Everybody I know that has been going to curves is showing a good improvment each time they measure!

Trudy: Wow I cant believe the difference in costs for you to go to Australia. Really makes it afforadble to travel Thats unreal!
Yes the Entertains is a WW Cookbook. The Flex Points starts tomorrow.
That would of be me up protecting the house and DH sleeping right thur it. Course the other night we were both up. I havent heard Thunder & Lightening like that in a long time.

Well Im pooped gonna watch a movie and relax.
Old 08-23-2003, 08:20 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

The Flex Points is up on WW on line now if you want to read more about it.
Old 08-24-2003, 07:00 PM   #8  

G'day all,

We had a nice weekend but that was shattered yesterday afternoon when we went to see our ds play football. One of his team mates was killed in a car crash the night before and his girlfriend is in a critical condition.
Our ds pays football in the country (between 80 and 100km from his home) he plays there because he loves playing but he also gets paid $350 per game. I don't know what the statistics are in your countries but here most fatal car accidents happen on country roads, main reason fatigue and speed.
It always worries me the distances our ds drives to play football. This is the second death of one of his team mates in 2 football seasons.

Karen I can imagine it would be hard to leave all these people that have become your friends, however enjoy the bit of spare time this now gives you.
I have looked on the net for the new 'flexpoints' but cannot seem to find it Lily could you perhaps post the link?

Ann hope the measurements go well today, you will no doubt let us know.

Trudy boy that is a lot of money. I just checked out the exchange rate and your dollar is worth Aus$0.91, not much difference really. Seeing all those places in 25 days would leave you breathless, it would give you a tentalising peek but not much more. I am not sure how much the trip we plan to the US and Canada would cost. My b-i-l and his wife did a trip to the Grand Canyon, Canada and Alaska. They went EVERYWHERE first class and it cost them close on to $45000 . We are not quite in that league We intend to do quite a bit of driving and plan it all ourselves. As the time gets closer I will be asking everyone here advice rather than my local travel agent!

Slavika Haven't seen you for a few days, hope you are well and that you had a wonderful anniversary.

Where are you Marnie, Glenda, Peggy and Jeney hope you are well and doing interesting things.

Cheers
Maria
Old 08-24-2003, 07:55 PM   #9  

Maria check out http// www.weightwatchers.com for the flexpoints info.

Last edited by Karen L; 08-24-2003 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-24-2003, 08:12 PM   #10  

Thanks Karen but that link takes me straight to the Australian site e.g. http://www3.weightwatchers.com/international/aus/
Perhaps the flex points have not been introduced here yet????

Cheers
Maria
Old 08-24-2003, 10:41 PM   #11  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Are you using Netscape? The ww site doesnt work in Netscape
It could be that the Flex points havent been introduced to Australia. I was under the impression it would happen world wide.
But use IE and you should get there:
http://www.weightwatchers.com/

This link should work for you I hope
Old 08-24-2003, 11:14 PM   #12  

Hi Lily

I use IE but this link goes straight to the Australian site.

I noticed when I was in New Zealand, with multi national company type sites, it went straight to the NZ affiliated site.

I think that is exactly what it is doing here.

Cheers
Maria
Old 08-25-2003, 10:52 AM   #13  
Life Time 2001

How weird. They must have something that figures out what country you are sigining in from. Humm
Old 08-25-2003, 11:37 AM   #14  
Member Florida Chick

Talking A good morning

A happy Day!! My Curves day showed 2 1/2 lbs down and 7 1/2 total inches down. That sounds big, but they add up all from each spot, arm leg, thigh, etc to get the total. My scale at home shows less but I ate breakfast and of course weighed in with clothes on.: I was satisfied with the comparison.

Lily-Karen: I read about the flex points but must admit that I don't really understand how it is going to work. It seems that there is more calculating than before, unless I have the concept wrong. My monthly weigh-in is Thursday, and maybe I'll get an explanation then that I will understand better.

Maria: So sorry about the loss of your ds friend and team-mate.
Speed and fatigue will do it every time, no matter where the road is. There are at least 3 accidents every morning on our news during rush hour in Tampa and Orlando. People just get in too big a hurry, and take chances. I know on long drives on interstate highways accidents happen because people go to sleep. I am getting so I always treat driving like operating a lethal weapon.

Hi everyone. Hope your weekend was pleasant. 'See' you later. Ann
Old 08-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #15  

G'day all,

Ann well done, you must be so pleased. It has made me think that I want that good feeling again!
I have been really busy and with dh gone, eating 'c--p', this morning I cast my mind back to what I was eating when I was really 'good'. So this morning I have given myself a good talking to and now you have given me even more incentive! Thanks.

Lily I agree it is all a bit peculiar. I did speak to someone from New Zealand last night who has recently joined WW. I asked her but she said she had not heard of any change.

Well girls, I am going to be rich, fabulously rich , I got another customer yesterday!!!!
I met a girl (about 35) who is just setting up her quilting business. She designs quilts and then sells them in a kit form. Anyways she cannot use her scanner and asked if I could teach her. So I will be going to her home to teach her!
She was also interested in some of the 'digital manipulations' that I do so who knows!

Back to that website.
Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread