View Poll Results: What colour are your eyes?
Blue 15 60.00%
Brown 7 28.00%
Green 1 4.00%
Grey 0 0%
Hazel 1 4.00%
Bloodshot 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2001, 06:34 AM   #1  
Scotland's finest export

Wink

Hello everyone (new, old and lurkers!).
Hope you all had a top weekend. I was sooooo sore all weekend after an extremely hard legs, bums and tums class on friday lunchtime. It still hurts me to sit down! Ah well, I'm determined to tone everything up in time for the lovely sunny weather we Brits are used to (not!).
I had a lovely surprise at the weekend. B/F turned up at my flat on Saturday night with 2 bunches of flowers, a box of choccies, an easter egg, 2 bottles of bucks fizz and some other odds and ends. Bless! Very not like him, so I'm wondering if he took a knock at football (soccar) that afternoon! Guess my subtle hints about liking random gifts have finally hit home...
kierie - where in ireland you going to? dublin is a fantastic city if you end up there. oh, and you'll be able to pop over to the uk very easily!
jen - emma is well cute!
stacey - hope you are feeling a bit better?
ali - well done on that 80lbs ribbon! woo hoo! do you realise you've probably lost the equivalent of calista flockhart!
welcome to the site lori!
kim - how did you do on the chocolate?
lolly - can you hear us? how's sunny spain?
kay - drinking definitely gets harder to do as you get older! i find i forget things more (don't you hate the morning after when you're told what you did while pissed the night before...) and the hangovers are worse on much much less! actually. maybe that is cos of losing weight....damn, i knew there'd be a down side!
trish - it took me ages to remember that when you say your pants are tight you don't mean pants the same way i do. (pants = panties over here, trousers are what we call pants). anyhow. just keep motivated and soon you'll find those pants (hee hee) are falling off you. you know you can do it and just imagine how great you'll feel when you do. i just had to ask, "fumbling towards ecstasy"?! sounds kinda rude that does!!
belle - how are things with you, nice bulldog!
hokey, i better actually do some work here (i keep forgetting i'm not getting paid to read email and post to you guys!). hello to everyone else i've missed, come out and tell us how your weekend went,
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 03-12-2001 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-12-2001, 08:39 AM   #2  
Running Babe

Morning,

My 2 hour drive took me three hours to do last night due to snow so I wasn't a happy camper. Oh well, asides from that I didn't go to bed until 3 and I just did some stretching this morning.

Lori: Welcome, that's great that rejoined WW! I am sure you're going to like it here.

Kirsty: I am also sore from my lower body workout. I love the muscle definition I am seeing though, I am still soft in a few places, but my legs look so strong now. I am even beginning to learn to like my thighs (though this may take a while).

Take Care!

Ali
Old 03-12-2001, 09:07 AM   #3  
Crime Fighter

Morning Ladies!

Well after a relaxed week WW-wise, I am recommitting this week! Not like I was out of control or anything, but not really journaling, etc. I think every once in a while it's important to take a bit of a break, but the key is to get back on the wagon!
My leader training is done, and I am just waiting to be placed. I think that will also be a great shot in the arm. Even when I'm not following 100%, I still love the program, and remain very enthused.
have a great day, and good luck to all the Monday weighers (Like me).

L.
Old 03-12-2001, 09:18 AM   #4  

Default It's a rainy Monday here!

Good morning all! Its Monday again (man, the weekends just fly by!)

Ali ~ I know what you mean about the slow drive this morning, we were blessed with freezing rain. Thank goodness I am only about 1/4 mile from work. But, my DH drives 40 miles of country road, so I always worry for him. And, he has our new Blazer (I don't want to wreck it yet, we haven't even made our first payment!!!)

Kirsty ~ Way to feel the burn!!! I have been slacking in my workouts lately, I need to kick it into gear starting today!!! (Don't worry, the pain will go away!! ) Your BF is so nice, I would love some extra attention from my DH, he just doesnt think in that way, maybe your BF really did get hit!! Hopefully he doesn't regain he senses for a while!!!!!

Well, my DD was sick with a terrible cold all weekend, it is so hard to see little ones sick!

Today is the big day when we hear if our bid for the land was accepted or not, I am praying!!!!

I had WI on Sat., and knew full well I had gained (my own fault of not keeping track of points, and slacking on my work outs!!!) I gained 2 pounds, which actually was less that what I thought, since I haven't weighed in for 2 weeks. So, that was enough of a wake up call, I am back tracking and working out!!!

It is spring break week here at the University (where I work), so I am wearing jeans/sweatshirts all week, and it is super quiet, I hope to get lots of posting in!!!!

Saturday I was like Jen, and had some major cleaning/organizing vibes in me. I went through all of our dressers (me, DH, DD, DS) and pulled out clothes that we didn't wear or were too small (children), our church has a college group of engineers that are going to Romania to help and want any clothes, esp. children's clothes, so I donated 11 boxes of mint condition clothes to a worthwhile cause. It feels good to have all the dressers organized (I organized our summer clothes too!) and helping others.

Well, I have decided to post my goals for the week, if anyone would like to do the same, maybe we can hold each other accountable!!!

1. drink my water!!!! This makes or breaks whether I lose in a week, I know it!!

2. walk/work out at least 4-5 days a week!

3. portion control/track points!!!! I am trying to stay in the middle of my range for the most part. I need to get these 3 extra pounds off!!!

I think that is about it.

Well, I have rambled long enough, see ya a little later!!
Old 03-12-2001, 10:09 AM   #5  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Know of a good housekeeper?

Nope, My house still isn't clean. My chest congestion is getting worse. So, I don't feel like doing much of anything. I brought Chicken Noodle Soup for lunch, maybe that will help. I have a few things to take care of here at work then I'm going home and getting into bed.
Have a good day.
Old 03-12-2001, 11:10 AM   #6  
Scotland's finest export

Default poll results - an update

hee hee - who said that their eyes are bloodshot!?
Old 03-12-2001, 11:29 AM   #7  
Go Avalanche!!

Default I'm the bloodshot one!!!

Good Morning! I was up too late again trying to close a show and I voted ‘bloodshot’ on the poll. It’s actually brown/hazel. I didn’t have time to try and figure out how to put my picture on the site. I pretty much blew the weekend. Wedding Saturday. I wrote everything down though. I’m trying to find the bright spot. I’m very bummed b/c I put on some pants (trousers Kirsty!) this morning that I can’t zip all the way up b/c of gaining the weight back I lost the last couple of months. Let’s just say we’ve put off the birthday leather jacket. I think part of my Monday blues are b/c I’m so tired. I have to learn to get sleep. I have 5! shows this week. I don’t normally do more than 3, but I’m trying to reach some specific goals this month!

Trish, Ali, Kim: I registered for the Self Challenge. I had to print out the info so I could read it at work. I haven’t figured out how I’m going to get exercise today b/c I don’t get to go home until about 10pm and forgot to bring my tennis shoes so I could walk. They are closing the Stage downtown, I need a new pair anyway, maybe I’ll run over there during lunch and see what I can find.

Kierie: Thanks for the description of the triskele. I’ll have to find a picture of it. I am going to research some celtic designs before I decide on one for a tattoo. I don’t want one with some funky meaning!

Ali: 80 lb. ribbon!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is so incredible. I’m so happy for you and proud too! You are proving this can be done! Dog story? Ours is still peeing on the floor every night. I don’t know if he whines to try to wake us up, but we sleep pretty heavy. Now we are having a lot of trouble keeping him off the bed.

Jen: I’m another squirrel. It’s hard for me to throw anything away. When I do I end up needing it two months later! Good job on the 1.8 down! What an adorable picture of Emma! She is so beautiful

Lori: Welcome!

Tonya: I hope the bid goes through! I’m sending you success vibes.

Stacey: *hugs* Get some good sleep and take your vitamins!

I’m ashamed to ask, but does anyone know how many weigh ins you can miss before you have to re-register? It might be worth it anyway. I haven’t been in 3-4 weeks and I’m very disappointed in myself. I was going to make it tomorrow and then a meeting got scheduled for my candle stuff (on my only night off too *pout pout*). I’m hoping I can run by real quick and at least weigh in on Wednesday. We’ll see. I need to get myself up in spirits today. I told myself I have to drink a whole 32 oz of water before I can go get a Diet Dr. Pepper (Trish!).

OK, check back later. *warm fuzzies all around*
Old 03-12-2001, 11:40 AM   #8  
Scotland's finest export

Default pants with zips

brenda - good job you warned me what kind of pants you were talking about. otherwise i'd have thought you were into really kinky underwear!!
Old 03-12-2001, 11:41 AM   #9  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Default Thanks for all the advice!!

You guys are great and I appreciate the relationship advice. I didn't talk to him yet but we did have a nice weekend. Ah, it is frustrating but have no fear I will keep you all updated b/c I know you gave me sound advice that I need to follow. The funny part is that everyone I have talked to including all of you say Just Do It! Could there be a clearer sign? I am such a wimp, oh well.
Did well on points Fri and Sat however Sun ate pizza, skittles, mac. salad etc. NOt so good. Today I am going to lunch with a friend but I have already picked a restaurant that I know has amazing salads!! I am loving my new exercise plan. I go to aerobics 3 days a wk. Sun even after my pizza binge (3pcs and cheese bread) I put on a pair of my tight jeans and they fit quite a bit better. That was a good feeling. Now if I could just stay on points. I cant wait until it all comes together for me like you guys.
Ali- YOu are an inspiration!!!! 80 pds. That is miraculous if you ask me. The best part is the fact that you are starting to like your thights. I can't imagine ever liking mine. Someday!!!! Also I am dying to see some before and after shots! Also congrats on the Paralegal thing! That is one less huge decision to make.

Kiere- How exciting it must be to study abroad! Congratulations!

Stacey- I can't wait until my ring size goes down. I have huge hands! Has anyone ever seen the Seinfeld episode where the lady has "Man Hand" it's so funny. Anyways mine aren't quite that bad! BTW Go home and rest that is a great idea. WE must take care of what God's given us! Get well soon.

Jen- Emma is beautiful, like her mamma! Have a great trip!

Lori- Welcome, I have only been posting for a few weeks and I love it! Be careful though it is addicting
I find myself wondering how all of the 20 somethings are doing througout the week and wishing them well. I often mention them in conversations with friends. It is funny!

Kirsty- I love the name of your class! Legs bums and tums. Every time you mention it it makes me smile! Wow great B/f Congrats! Hopefully if he hit his head or something it is not reversible

Tonya-I was on a bit of an organizing spree this weekend too! It must be contagious! Isn't it a great feeling though when you are finished. Also, good luck on the land! I will pray too.

O.k. I hope I answered most of the posts if not Sorry! Again thanks for the advice girls!!
Lots of love and support,
Becky
Old 03-12-2001, 11:42 AM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Hi...I had a crappy weekend, mom not taking the moving out thing very well and telling me I am a bad daughter, bad person, can't be trusted, hopes I fall onmy face.

To make it worse, b/f weirdedout on Saturday and then lied about ex calling yesterday.

I am in a terrible horrible no good very bad mood today, so I'll just sign off and say hello to you all

Belle
Old 03-12-2001, 11:58 AM   #11  
Shopper Extraordinaire

Brenda, we must have been posting at the same time. Here, when I miss two wks. They send me a coupon saying that if I come back by a certain date there won't be any rejoining fees. Also I just started again and I hadn't been in over two months and they just charged me a $5 missed mtg. fee. I am not sure why but I was pleased b/c I was prepared to rejoin.
It probably isn't good that I know so much about missed mtg.'s Oh well I'm back in the saddle again.
Kirsty the panty thing cracks me up. Yah the whole zipping them up thing would be some pretty kinky panties
Becky
Oh Belle we are simultaneously posting. Sorry about your weekend. My parents still give me crap! UHH it is so frustrating. don't let your mom make you feel guilty. I just recently realized that my parent manipulate me into feeling guilty and believe me it is frustrating. It is just a really weird thing to grow up thinking your parents are so great and then realizing they can be obnoxious. Last night I stopped by my parent and my dad asked if it was Christmas! As if that is the only time I visit or something! I am so sorry that you are facing this! YOU WILL NOT FALL ON YOUR FACE! You have accomplished so much in your life already, it is just not possible!!
Boys suck sometimes. This is the only advice I can offer. There is no reason behind it necessarily. I think that they just have to be evil periodically, while we rarely get this luxury. I wish he would wise up. Why does he feel he has to lie about the ex? Honesty works so much better!
Becky
Old 03-12-2001, 12:05 PM   #12  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Default Is it Monday Already, &!%!&*^!@!!!

Hello all. Well, I was the same at weigh in ...agian. I guess that is better than going up. I was really bloted this weekend (and right now, actually) so I am thinking I need to get more water in. Brenda, I am also going to drink at least half my water before I can get a Diet Dr Pepper (but with the lack of caffine I think I will need some tylenol as well.)

Rest of the weekend was ok. I also started spring cleaning this weekend. My floors (we have all hardwood in the house) were really gross.

Kirsty: The quote is the title of a Sarah McLachlan song that talks about stumbling(fumbling) while trying to achieve your goals...but still working at it. I think the goals is the Ecstasy part. This just really seemed to sum up my 2+ year approach to WW. I did not mean for it to be rude. I don't like to be rude (ok ,sometimes I do when people really make me mad). That is so funny about the pants. I think the different meanings for words is so interresting. Well, anyway, my panties are just fine. Don't like those too tight (HA HA). That sounds like a fun surprise from the BF. My Hubby brought me a surprise gift this weekend too...but I don't think I can mention the specifics in a public forum. There could be kids reading this. (Yah for me!)

Belle: I am sorry that you had a bad weekend and that you are having mother problems. *Here is a big hug*

Tonya: Let us know how the land deal goes. I sure do hope you get it.

Brenda: Hey, you recorded this weekend. That is a good step. Also, I think if you miss 6 or so weigh ins they will start you over...but I am not 100% sure. You would think that I would know since I have re-uped before.

Sorry I don't have time to post to everyone right now but hello to Becky, Stacey, Lola, Ali and everyone else. I will post more later.

Trish
193.2/188.2/155
5'10"
Old 03-12-2001, 12:22 PM   #13  

Hello Ladies!

Well this weekend was definately a trip!

First off, I weighed myself Saturday morning and was ecstatic to see 180! It's been awhile since I updated my signature but I know I wasn't 180 the last time I weighed myself.

The move went alright, boys are good like that. I really didn't have to do anything but unpack the stuff. However, my bf's roomate....soon to be ex is acting very strange and seems to be ina rush to get out of the housing situation. He has known for a month that I was moving in but all of a sudden he is all weird. He and his fiance don't even have an apt. yet but he has moved almost all of his stuff out and today will be moving the rest. I have no idea what is going on but bf looked like his puupy dies yesterday. This is supposedly one of his best friends. Bf confronted him and asked if he was pissed at me or him and he said "not at all" On top of the moving out stuff he is giving bf the cold shouldre and not even saying hi or bye. I feel really bad about the whole situation because I think it's my fault.

Well, I just got to work and have much to do but I wanted to say HI and have a super Monday. I will respond to everyone a little later.
Old 03-12-2001, 01:10 PM   #14  
Scotland's finest export

belle - your mum is probably trying to tell you she'll miss you, but is unfortunately using totally the wrong words! i'm sure she'll come round to the idea. maybe you can involve her in helping you find somewhere/doing it up or whatever. good luck, i know parents can be hard work sometimes! sounds like things keep going round in circles with your b/f. no advice there, except to say if something is making you miserable then you need to change it.
suzanne - glad to hear the move went well. hope your b/f and his friend work things out. well done on reaching 180!
trish - i get your thing now! i think it is just my dirty mind reading innuendos into everything!
becky - spoken to your best friend about how you feel yet? c'mon, we wanna know what happens!!
right, it's after 6pm here so i suppose i should go home. unfortunately i'm still waiting on some copy. ah well, maybe if i run away no one will notice...
love to you all, looking forward to reading the rest of the day's posts tomorrow morning,
kirsty
Old 03-12-2001, 01:54 PM   #15  

Default Hi!

Well, I guess you could call me new! I started this account a LONG time ago, and I actually forgot about it. Ha! I just joined WW about, ohh, three weeks ago, and as I was surfing the net, I came across this site again. Wow! Things have changed! Actually, I'm surprised I remembered my password. Also, my e-mail address was my old college e-mail. It's been ages since I've been in here ..

I'm going to try and make it a habit again. Honest! I stay on track better if I type out some of my frustrations.

I guess I should give a little bit about my background. I've been up and down quite a bit all my life. Lose a little, gain it back .. and so on. I know just about all there is to know on nutrition and exercise, but it's just a matter of doing *it* .. know what I mean? Want to know why I joined WW? I figured, if I have to pay somebody to get on a scale, then I'm going to stick with it. Well, it turned out to be more than that. This whole points thing is a *whole new way* of thinking for me. I mean, WOW. I am tickled pink with the whole thing.

I would say my biggest problems are exercising .. and portion control. I don't eat poorly for the most part, but I overdo it. And exercise - well - that's a constant struggle. I actually love it, but it's hard to get back in the habit after being out of it for so long. I can remember going to kickboxing classes, spinning classes, running etc all last spring and summer. Heck, I even did a 5K. But it takes a small act of God to get me to the gym these days.

Heh. I did go today. That was a big moment for me. And I'll go again tomorrow morning. I think ..

Anyhow, I've got to scoot. I look forward to getting to know all of you! Right now I've got to go walk around the office. I've drank so much water that I'm *freezing*! Time to get moving!

Take care!
Closed Thread