Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 03:47 PM   #16  

Lexxy-I work in Crofton and live in Pasadena (north of Annapolis). So you are a ways from me!

Laura-a great appetizer...take a glass pie plate, layer the bottom with FF cream cheese, the middle with Hormel chili no beans, the top with grated FF cheese and bake on 350 until cheese is melted and it is warm all the way through (you can even microwave). Eat with baked tortilla chips. YUM! you would have to calculate points though...lol...but it should be real low. Whens you party? have fun!
Old 07-09-2003, 04:28 PM   #17  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!!

Good afternoon everyone!! Yesterday's thread was super-busy, and today's is again!! I've been pretty busy--I did get on long enough to contribute my two cents (more like a couple dollars) on the WW vs Low Carb thread, but then work called and I didn't get to post here at that time.

Becky--Yay on the down 1 lb and on saying no to the cheesecake naughtiness. Way to go, WonderWillpowerWoman!! As far as re-heating sour cream, I wouldn't worry about it. It may get kind of watery or dried out looking, but you should be fine. You may also consider leaving the sour cream off the part that you're reheating later and just putting some on when you're ready to eat it. And I think you should post the recipe for a taco casserole, that sounds SUPER good!!

Lexxy--Has anything like that ever happened before? If so, you may want to consider getting tested for hypoglicemia or diabetes. If I don't have a snack around 2:30 or 3 in the afternoon, I get all shaky and faint. I found out yesterday that it's important to have a snack other than a licorice rope--I nearly passed out yesterday because I was so hungry--instead, I just went way over on my points. Yummy-diet lemonade and vodka. That sounds so good I may have to have one tonight. My suggestion for your "diet-buster" is to eat what you want, but remember that the average restaurant portion size is 2-3 times bigger than an at-home portion size. Enjoy the food, but don't over-do it.

Amber--Way to go staying OP!! And good luck at WI tonight!!

Kim--About throwing food in the trash... I've hit rock bottom before and been really tempted to dig the food out of the trash... But I didn't, so it does work!! Sometimes it's hard to turn friends down when you're afraid you're not going to have any willpower, but you have to decide what's more important to you right now and it sounds like you made the best decision for your priorities. And I'm kind of a cake snob too--I love chocolate, but don't like chocolate cake. I'll only eat white cake and then only if it has whipped cream frosting, not that other garbage... This cake snobbery works out to my advantage--I rarely eat cake here. But some people order in Subway or Pizza Hut for their classes and there are 4 of us girls that they tell first when there's leftovers. Those are sometimes hard to resist.

Jayne--Welcome back!! Those darn grandparents spoiling the grandkid--what do they think that's their job or something? Oh wait, I guess it is... You'll be happy to know that stepped up to the soapbox and came to the defense of low carb diets, too, even though I'm not currently doing one. I just hate to see people talking about it like it's so bad, especially after I've done some research on it and seen the articles. It sounds like you had a nice trip, and I'm glad that it was easy for you to stay OP--that's great that your parents are doing it too!!

Laura--Hello there! Glad to see that you're back, too!! Now, what night will your Girls Night In be, I'll see if I can make it... I do have some appetizer recipes, for example, some mock guacamole, lowfat seven layer dip, and a bunch of others, but those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. I can try to post some later tonight if I remember. It sounds like you have your plan clearly laid out and that's what's sure to do the trick when striving for weight loss goals. You'll be back to POP in NO time at all.

Rina--I'm sorry you're feeling like crap-ola, and I hope you feel better soon!!

OK, darlings, I simply must get a little work done today. I have NO motivation at all today!!
Old 07-09-2003, 04:51 PM   #18  
Cockeyed Optimist

Becky - sent you a PM on the length of various Firm tapes. Forgot to tell you though that you need 3lb, 5lb, and 8lb weights. Or if you've never done weight training 1lb, 3lb, and 5lbs. Also - some kind of step - at first I used a little rubbermaid stepstool before CB got me the fanny lifter. Finally, the cueing is pretty good but some of the choreography in the cardio is tricky - I usually start out doing just footwork then add in the arms when I've mastered the feet and a few times I've given up and just marched in place until I could join back in.

Not trying to exclude anyone just didn't want to bore the rest of you with a list of tapes and running times.

And still not meaning to be rude, I must forego personal replies to anyone else as I MUST finish this project I'm working on!

Laura
Old 07-09-2003, 06:11 PM   #19  

Hi everyone,
McDonalds is hard to turn down especially when your kids always want to go there. I usuallly wait until I get home to eat.I'm turning 37 in October ahhhhhhh! Dieting gets harder every year.

Gina
Closed Thread