Old 07-02-2013, 08:50 PM   #31  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, weigh to go. Proves you can have a great weekend of fun and still lose weight!! :

Yay!. keep up the good work. My WW WI is tomorrow and I'm hopeful.
judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #32  
Chick

Hi turtles,
I weighed in at my WW mtg. this morning and I did it! I broke 200# again.
these last two weeks I had been swaying back and forth so I didn't WI.
In reality I only lost .2# since my last official WI, but it feels really good to be on the right side of onederland.

Sending : and and to us all. Enjoy the fourth and glad our Canadian friends had a nice long weekend last week!
Judy
Old 07-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi Turtles:

Judy - congratulations! That is awesome - so exciting to see our weight start with a 1. Keep up the good work.

I have been doing pretty good lately foodwise, so that is an improvement.
But still lacking in REGULAR exercise. I am on holidays next week, so will plan
on getting in regular walks/swim at my trailer. No excuse - it is lovely walking alongside the lake & through the park.

Princess - how are you doing?

Terri/Cherry - You have been missing on these boards for a long time.
I think of Terri often, since she is really not too far from me & we share
same weather conditions.

All - think positive, plan ahead and enjoy all your successes.

My strategy lately has been to make the best choice when faced with challenging foods & I think that has helped me lately.

Have a great 4th of July!!!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:25 PM   #34  
Chick

Bandit, thanks for the cheer. It feels great to be in onederland. Like you, I'm trying to moderate what I eat. When I overeat during the day without meaning to, I compensate by having oatmeal with berries for dinner. It's working out. Nice and low in points and filling.

Okay. Everybody have a good fourth. I am bringing desserts and have to think of a good one that is low cal.
judy
Old 07-04-2013, 02:56 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone no I haven't tried active link yet. My eating has been pretty bad not enough of the right kind of food. Which I have man work due I keep putting off. On another note the job is going great. I work on the 4th but at least it is holiday pay. Hope everyone is well
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:58 AM   #36  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yesterday's BBQ at our nephew's turned out great foodwise. My dd and dniece both brought fruit and raw veggies so I avoided the appetizers that could do real harm and then waited for a burger. Had slivers of desserts---probably the calories were still high but no where near where they would have been. All in all a good day and the fireworks were great.

Life, you are doing so great with your weight loss. You must feel really good.
Glad your job is doing well and I know you'll stock up with the healthy foods to have on hand.

Best to everyone this weekend. We are doing this! My ds and family may be coming for a long weekend with us. I hope they do.

Okay, have a great one and onward and downward everyone!!!
judy
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello Everyone and Happy Sunday!

Busy weekend - I did not go to W/I on Saturday but I know that the scale is up - last week was not good for eating for me and I missed a cycle class. DH and I went out for date night last night and I had a salad and then fish, I know that the sauce, etc most likely made it high points but it was very good and I was hungry so I ate - we skipped appetizers and dessert since we went to a movie afterwards and I did have some popcorn.... so this week it is back to eating right and getting to my cycle classes.

Congrats to Judy! I am thrilled for you!

Bandit - hope you are doing well - are you able to get out for walks now?

Life: I did not do the active link either but good luck to you if you do!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:58 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hi Gals
Thanks for keeping me in your thoughts! Yes Bandit I think of you too! We are practically neighbors!

I am still holding on at the moment sometimes it seems barely!!! I was depressed at christmas, I am taking medication feeling better most of the time,had surgery in April was off work 6 weeks, started walking a bit then. Just very discouraged about my weight cant find anything that works for me!!! I have got moving again, My eating has been out of control, I am going to watch calories this week and see how that goes, I still have gym membership (havent been) I have a bike too!I rode yesterday for 20 min!!

So still keeping at it!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:36 AM   #39  
Chick

HI Turtles,
Terri, so glad to hear from you. You are in our thoughts all the time.
Sorry about the past trials, but now you can try anything. Even though I've been on this WW site, I've tried many different "diets" to help me in my weight struggle. If points plus isn't working for you, here's a simple plan:
Count out 14 pennies. As you eat 100 calories (we all pretty much know the caloric count of most foods), move a penny to a new pile. When the pennies are gone, the food is over for the day. Very simple. I've tried it and it's a good way to get a "plan" going. After a bit of time you can morph into something you like more. With me, it's the motivation to start and the motivation to keep going. You can do this. Turtles, any other idea?

The other way to go is to do whatever worked the best one baby step at a time. or fake it till you make it. Avoid poor food choices, plan and prepare, have the good foods in the house. i would avoid eating out because it's tough for me. At work do you pack your lunch? Oh Terri, you can do this.

Turtles, my ds and kids came out for a nice long weekend. We had brutal heat here, so the pool came in handy. We BBQ'ed and had a really good time. My grandkids are older now, and it's fun to have them to talk to.
Gotta run............they're still here.
Judy
Hoping for a good WI.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:24 AM   #40  

Hi turtles

Nice to see all the posts & glad to see some of our missing turtles are back with us.
Judy - love the penny idea, so simple & even seeing the pennies would work as a reminder of why we have them. Great idea!
Princess - yes, I can walk again just have to make myself get into a regular routine. Glad you liked the movie, seeing it next week!
Terri - sorry to hear about your health issues and hope you can get into a routine that works for you. I have weeks that are pretty good, drop a few pounds, then get easily sidetracked and get out of control easily.
Lately I have just been trying to make the "better choice" with food and try to tell myself that the treats I am skipping will still be available another time.

I went to bbq Sat evening and took this dish, that I will share since so many people asked me about it. So easy and looks really nice. Low carb/high fibre dish that keeps for a few days.

1 can black beans rinsed, 1 red/green/orange pepper cut into small pieces
2 mangoes chopped - mix all this together
Dressing: 1/3 cup italian dressing, 1 mangoe (blended together - I used magic bullet) Pour over salad & serve.

I am on holidays this week and getting my hair cut today, then heading to trailer for a few days. A few friends with be coming & going, but for the most part I will be in control of my food & no excuse not to walk & swim.

All - have a great week.
Old 07-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hey everyone. So I am still workin in making better food choices. I have just been really drained. Which is a sign that my anemia is not doing well. Still haven't made it to get my lab work done the whole eating after midnight thing.

Umm forgot who was having health issues but hopefully they work themselves out.

Okay going to bed goodnight.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:11 AM   #42  

Hey Girls

Judy love the penny idea! I like simple!!!

Bandit I have been making better choices also, remember when we were kids it was a rare occasion "a special treat" to go to a restaurant or have a Saturday something special, we are a totally overindulgent society!!! We need to get back to basics, there was very little obesity then. We ate at home fruit veg meats potaotes!!

Anyway thanks for listening!!!
Terri
Old 07-14-2013, 06:59 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Sunday to you all! WEnt to W/I yesterday and was very dissappointed - second weigh in that I have gained... 2.0 lbs each time. I have really been over eating and need to get that under control. so that I my goal, continue with my exercise and stay within my points...

Terri: Totally agree with you! We have become a society of instant gratification and it shows in sooo many way.

Bandit: Hope you are enjoying your time at the lake!

Judy: How are you doing? Any visitors this weekend?

Life: I hope that you are doing well and finding sometime for yourself!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 AM   #44  

Hey We are in the middle of a heat wave! Today with humidex it will be 42 celcius!! Glad I am working I think it is too hot to be anywhere except in the airconditioning!

Trying to take baby steps toward wellness! Making some progress, Yeah me!!

Have a good day gals

Terri
Old 07-17-2013, 09:40 AM   #45  

Hi turtles

As Terri posted, we are definately in a heatwave up here. My friend gave me a window air conditioner that we put in upstairs bedroom, so that helps for sleeping. I have never had a/c in my house & usually there are maybe 3 nights per summer I can't sleep upstairs, but have 2 bedrooms on main floor that are usually OK for sleeping. Anyway, just trying to stay cool & on track which has been hard. Holidays last week, so missed w/i - will go Thurs evening to Tops. Seen movie The Heat which was very funny (lots of swearing but strange not too offensive)

All - stay cool & on track!