Old 06-15-2013, 04:15 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Princess yeah they gym isn't exactly in my budget right now so I might try the active link. I know I walk a lot at work.

Itry thanks it is better. I have realized there is something about my job that sets off my allergy sinuses. So I have to wean myself off fast food again not good for my budget. Hope everyone has A good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #17  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Real fast. I've been cooking some WW style side dishes for the BBQ tomorrow. My dh loves to grill, so he's doing the main part.
For dessert I have carved and peeled a watermelon in the shape of a cake.
I plan to leave a rim along the top of the melon and fill it with kiwi slices and blackberries for the "icing". My friend make a fabulous cake for another of our friends. She sliced strawberries into the gal's name, etc. Oh, I'm not that patient or talented, but this will be fun and different.

Okay, gotta run. Dd and grandkids are here. I just wanted to check in to say hello and wish everyone well. We can do this!
Judy
234.6/200/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:26 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Sunday to you all!

We are having a lunch here at the house today to celebrate the day - I am picking up a bucket of grilled chicken from KFC and made some potato salad and a couple of other sides along with a soda pop cake so as long as I eat reasonable portions I should be ok.

Went to WW yesterday for my W/I and had stayed the same as the previous week so I will take that and keep working the program. I am heading to a cycle class this morning and then will run home to get ready for lunch.

Judy: I am very ready to be back in onederland again too... I hate being as heavy as I have let myself get again... and each time it is harder and harder to get it off... ugh, when will I learn.

Bandit: Hope your weekend is going great!

Life: I hear yah, staying on a healthy budget is as important as watching what we eat... it all has to work together!

Cherry: hope you are feeling better!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #19  
Chick

Stopping by to say hi and : to everyone! Have a great day.
judy
Old 06-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles

My Tops PRD convention was once again, great & so proud of our chapter members who have accomplished so much. It was also fun to get away with the ladies & have some girl time with some motivating talks.
I had funeral to deal with yesterday, so glad that is over (friend of mine wife who was ill for several years) and leading up to that visting & luncheons.
So between being away for a few days & this, my food plan has not been great.
But its a new day, so will just get back to it.

Princess - glad the scale did not go up!

Judy - your cake sounds delicious and very low cal & perfect for hot summer days.

The cauliflower bites were really good & super easy.

Preheat oven to 450
Chop head of cauliflower into florets. Mix 1 cup flour with 1 cup water & 2 tsp garlic powder to make batter. Dip florets in batter & place on sprayed cookie sheet & bake at 450 for 20 minutes (turn halfway) then cover with sauce which was 3/4 cup Franks hot sauce mixed with 1 tsp of melted butter
and bake for another 5 minutes.
Thats it - looks like chicken wings when finished.

Having some ladies up to trailer for dinner & sleepover Friday, so looking forward to that.

Nice sunny day up here today, so loving it!

All - have a great OP day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, thanks for the cauliflower recipe. It'll be great for this summer while we wait for the main course. Enjoy your weekend with friends. I've had a couple of funerals and it's sad and gets my mind in the wrong place.

Princess, love seeing your dogs on facebook.

Life, did you decide to do the activity link with WW's? I bought a Fitbit and haven't even unwrapped it yet. Ugh and Lol. Not really my thing, but I'm looking for a way to get this weight off.

Bought some WW snacks at my meeting yesterday. I plan on eating as close to Simply Filling/Core as I can and then have one WW snack a day to count in as points plus. I know that will work. Have started a bad habit of eating nuts for no reason (dh needs them in the house) and it sets me back.
Today is beautiful here and I plan to get a lot done.

Talk soon!
Judy
Hi to all the Turtles, Cherry and Terri and the gals we've met along the way.
Old 06-24-2013, 06:34 PM   #22  

Hello everyone and happy Monday! Busy weekend and while I got my cycling in I did over eat - was very hungry! Guess I need to increase my protein !!

Just wanted to stop by for a quick hello - will log on the Computer tomorrow and get caught up!
Old 06-24-2013, 09:06 PM   #23  

Hi turtles

Great weekend getting together with the ladies & didn't do too bad
foodwise, stayed away from the bread & limited the alcohol, so hope that helps. Had a few big salads which were very tasty.

Bought another cauliflower on way home after bowling, so will be making another batch of the cauliflower bites this week.

Very hot up here, but don't like to complain since are summers are short & at least it is not snowing.

So here's to a good week at the scales for everyone!
Old 06-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #24  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Went to my WW mtg. this morning, but didn't WI. I had a good week after a lot of splurging that sent my weight sky-rocketing. Knocked off lots of the quick gain weight. Today will be another good day.

Read a good book you might like. It's called Plainsong by Haruf. It's not a new book, but it's a good one.

Good to see you chiming in here. Bandit, glad you had a good weekend.
Yep, I know what you mean about the heat/snow issue. Lol. I should be outside weeding. Maybe I will. I've got a cauliflower sitting in my fridge waiting to be turned into bites. That would be fun to do. Thanks for the recipe.

Princess, I go through those times of being super hungry and it's tough to deal with. Sometimes I'll have a night snack because I don't want to wake up hungry in the middle of the night.

Okay Turtles, have a great day and enjoy the sun.
judy
Old 06-27-2013, 09:27 AM   #25  

Hello everyone and happy Thursday to you! We are warm and muggy here with lots of rain showers moving thru, sunny one minute and raining the next... ugh. Supposed to cool down a bit though so we will see how the weekend turns out... I have lots of yard work that needs my attention so I am hoping that even if it is hot that maybe it won't rain so that I can get that done on Saturday

I went to WI on Saturday and was down 1.0 lb so things are moving along for me although I have over ate this week due to some stress so I need to correct that quickly. Cycling three times a week has helped a lot to get me back on track and I am feeling a bit of difference in my clothing so although I might not always see the change on the scale it is happening slowly but surely and I am really trying to make this about being healthy this time around instead of all about the number on the scale. I would feel so much better if I carried less weight, my knee would get a break and my back and neck problems might improve... so it all comes back to weighing less but I try to focus on the bigger picture.

Super busy at work and home right now so I will get on when I can and am sending you all best wishes for a great week and weekend!

Judy: Thanks for the book title! So glad you are getting off the extra weight, I know that has to make you feel great!

Bandit: I need to try the cauliflower recipe... that will come in very handy with the upcoming July 4th holiday down here... thank you!

Life: Hope you are doing well!

Cherry: Hope things are back to normal for you!
Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM   #26  

Hi everyone

Cooling down abit, so thankful for that. I hope with it being long weekend, the weather is good. Either way, going to my trailer - so looking foward to that. Made the caul bites again Tues night & have leftovers to go with dinner tonight. I hope you like these - I think for a low point side dish, these are great.

Tops tonight and hoping to be down some this week. Overall, I have been pretty good. Always room for improvement, but feel good this week.
Just really need to get some regular exercise, that has not been happening.

All - have a great weekend!
Old 06-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #27  

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you all - It has been a very very long week again! The weekend weather is calling for rain now... what a difference a day makes in the weather report around here... geez! I have a ton of yard work to do also before the holiday so will really need to figure it out!

I went to TOPS last night but had a turtle so nothing new there.

The hubs is going away on a fishing trip this weekend and I have lots of errands to run etc so it will be busy for me. Really hoping to get a nap in somewhere also - puppy exhaustion is catching up with me!

Bandit: Looking forward to trying you recipe - maybe this weekend I will!

Judy: Any plans for the 4th for you and your family this year?
Old 06-29-2013, 10:20 AM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Just as fast as it is to fall off track, that's how fast I came back OP. Days have been good. I made lite French toast this morning for breakfast and topped it with blueberries. Delish.

As far as the fourth, every year our nephew has a family party, so we'll all go. We'll end up at my daughter's where her neighborhood has a great fireworks display. I really love fireworks. Hangover from a kid, I guess, but I think they are magical. I'm bringing frosting free cupcakes to the party as well as a more fattening dessert. My dh watches his sugar, so this is a good plan.

Princess, I hope you get all the stuff done you want to. : I've been outside weeding every day for only 15 min. I actually bring a timer with me. It's not fun, but then I hop in the pool and that's great. The weird thing is that a daily 15min. is enough to make a difference. We are thinking of what we want to do with the backyard and we're making plans. Trying to make it pretty with low/no maintenance. I think we'll figure it out.

Okay
Bandit, I hope your WI was good and that you're pleased. :

Judy
234.6/199/180's and thinner
Old 06-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #29  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I want to tell you that I just made your Cauliflower Bites and my family and I loved them. They like to eat healthy and thought this was tops.
Thanks for the recipe.

Grandson and new granddaughter here while dd and dsil are out shopping for a bit. Gotta run and enjoy, but wanted to mention this.
judy
Old 07-02-2013, 11:29 AM   #30  

Hi ladies - great weekend up here (extra long for me with having Fri off and then Monday for our Canada Day) W/I was good - down 2# so happy with that.

Judy - glad you liked the caul bites!

Princess - hope you are doing great as well.

All - have a great week and enjoy your upcoming holiday!