Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2003, 02:38 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Talking Thursday Chatters

Hello, We were getting pretty long so here's a brand new thread to enjoy.
If this is your first time here, please come join us. We'll be so happy to have another voice. How is everyone doing today? It's beautiful here in South Texas.
Auntie, how is your weather? Did you go to the pool and exercise?
Sis, about those comfy pants, I have a pair that look really big but I won't give them up because I love to relax in them.

Sheree, did you husband enjoy his birthday?

Tammy, what is Tim doing this summer? I figure he already has lots of ideas. Have a great time on your trip to Chicago.

Dee-----where are you????

Maureen, are you meeting yourself coming and going? Are you doing two jobs like you said you might?

Kady---where are you?????

Okay, I didn't mention everyone by name---oops! forgive me!

Next Sunday is Easter. Then, the next Sunday I will be on the beach in Grand Cayman!!!!!!! Yes, my husband is taking me there again. I'm sooooo excited. I wanted to lose 10 pounds before the trip. I might just do it!
Since being sick, I've lost 6 1/2. Tomorrow I'll be able to get back on my treadmill. Watch out pounds -- you are coming off!

Tina
Old 04-13-2003, 05:32 PM   #2  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

I will keep my fingers crossed for you to hit your 10 lbs Tina. How cool! Where exactly is Grand Cayman? I don't think I have heard of it. Good luck and HAVE FUN!! Have a good week...Sis
Old 04-13-2003, 09:16 PM   #3  
Thursday Lady

Sis--- Thanks for the crossed fingers. Some crossed toes would help, too.
Grand Cayman is the largest of the Cayman Islands. They (3 of them) are just south of Cuba. To the east aways is Jamaca.
There is no gambling on Cayman. It's a relatively quiet place. It's owned by Great Britain.
It takes about 2 1/2 hours to fly there from Houston.
I wish I could take all of my friends there. We would have a blast.

Tina
Old 04-14-2003, 10:19 PM   #4  
Susan

Howdy,
It was another gorgeous day here! Wish I could have played outside all day. It has been pretty busy around here. I went to Austin on Friday with 2 girlfriends to a scrapbook convention. We played around and stayed up way toooooo late. We got about 6 hours sleep the entire weekend. It sure was fun! I've had another sinus infection, went to the dr. on Thurs, got meds. Think I might need to go back because it doesn't sound or feel like it is working. I must confess, I ate everything and anything I wanted this weekend so I got back at it today.

Tina, the Grand Cayman's sound like a blast. You will have such a good time. You can lose those 10 pounds! I just know it.

Sis, way to go on the pants!! What a great feeling.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 04-15-2003, 07:13 AM   #5  

We're going to have another beautiful day today! Sunshine, about 80 degrees! Nice day for recess duty!

We have our "spring break" starting Thursday. We go back to school next Tuesday. Calling for icky weather Thurs. and Fri. Rain, much cooler. It figures when I'll be off and able to do things outside, doesn't it?

Grand Cayman sounds wonderful. Wish we could all join you!

Susan, I had to laugh about the amount of sleep that you had on your trip. Sounds like my shopping buddies and I when we take our little trips. I'm sure the group I'm meeting in Chicago will be talkative and giggling too!

This summer Tim will be running to get in shape for Cross Country. He'll also be getting groups together to work on the Eagle project. Need to get his paperwork finished and turned in this week or next to get it approved.

We're taking a family trip to Georgia the end of June. In July, Tim will be going to Scout camp for a week. Then the week after that, he and I go to band camp! Yes, the director said that I'm allowed to go. Apparently I didn't misbehave too bad last year or all of the times that I've chaperoned the group this year!!!

The band is planning a trip to Florida next Feb. if the school board approves the trip Monday night. I'm on the planning committee, so I'm hoping that I'll be able to take off a couple days of school to chaperone that trip. I plan to ask for the days off without pay, so they'll be more likely to grant it to me. Should be a fun trip.

That's all for now. Need to get ready for school.
Old 04-15-2003, 03:20 PM   #6  
Sis

S/C/G: 306highest/281/265.5/180

Height: 5' 5"

Grand Cayman sounds wonderful! I would love to visit a place like that. My hubby, however, is another story. I might get him to do an Alaskan cruise but never someplace hot. Oh well, maybe someday. I hope you have a SUPER SENSATIONAL TIME! Let us know how wonderful it was when you get back. Take care...Sis
Old 04-15-2003, 10:19 PM   #7  

Default I'm Still Here

Hi all....I am , as the heading goes...still here. I have been so busy. Having a man in your life sure does take up your time. My keyboard actually has dust on it LOL>.

Easter Break starts this Friday with all next week off. I am hosting Easter at my place so I've been busy planning the menu. Low fat cheesecake is on the menu. Its a pumpkin cheesecake and yummy. Its a lot of work to host Easter but at least I get to select the foods. I think I will be ok as long as I get my buns out there to walk each day.

I am maintaining which is good. Even though I would like to be losing,Well Im losing tiny amounts. I still would like to drop 10. Tina you are doing great...keep it up.

Everyone else - go go go....

Kady
Old 04-15-2003, 10:37 PM   #8  
Susan

Evening all,
I have had 2 good food days!! Hopefully I'll get on a roll. I called the dr. back today because my antibiotics aren't working. He called in a new prescription.

Tammy, what is Tim's project going to be? Isn't it funny how we can stay up all night when we are with friends but at home I have to go to bed early.

Sis, an Alaska trip sounds fun too.

Kady, so how is that man in your life? Is he treating you good?

Tina, are you packing your bags yet?
Old 04-18-2003, 07:35 AM   #9  

A couple of my cousins have gone on Alaskan Cruises in the past few years. They absolutely loved it!!!

Susan, Tim's project is to make 25 birdhouses for an estate that is full of wildlife. He and I went there yesterday. I think there were less than 8 birdhouses on the whole thing. We checked out those to see how they were made, and they look exactly what Tim had drawn for his paperwork. He doesn't have to make all of them, he has to be in charge of organizing a group of people to do it. He has the Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, a Venture Crew, friends, church members, and family to help out. I don't think there will be a problem getting them finished, do you? lol

Kady, dust off the keyboard! Have fun with the guy!!!!!
Old 04-18-2003, 09:28 AM   #10  
Susan

Hope everyone has a Happy Easter!

Tammy, It sounds like Tim does have a plan and will have no problem getting them all completed. It is wonderful that he is doing his service project and will be an Eagle Scout. My hat is off to him. I come from a family with 2 Eagle Scouts and my dad was a leader. Needless to say, I'm a big supporter.

Kady, I agree with Tammy. Have fun with that guy!!

Sheree, how is life in Alaska? Seen any other animals in your yard lately?

Tina, Hope you have a blast on your trip!! Do tell us all about it.

Sis, Do you have any big plans for this weekend?

We are staying at home since I was in San Antonio just a couple of weeks ago. I'm also going back in May for Mother's day and then in June when my mom has her hip replacement.

Well, I'm off today so I plan on cleaning and playing some. What a combinination!

Happy Easter
Old 04-19-2003, 02:43 AM   #11  
Just girl striving 4 thin

Hey all...I am not too sure why I was not being notified of you all chatting..I just thought it was quiet on the homefront...low and behold I have been missing some conversation...
Did I hear Alaskan Cruise...hey come visit me!!! Make it up to Fairbanks...
Those bird houses sound like a great plan and all that help he will have things done in no time.
Hey Kady I was wondering what was going on with you...Pm was going good then I think we fell to our lives...oh bother. But hey that new guy sounds like a dream...you are doing it right...having the meal at your house so you are in charge and know what to expect for food...We did that for church..I suggested we take a meal and share it so I don't have to have the left overs at the house but we can enjoy a good meal!
Susan your mom is having a hip replacement...I am sorry that is painful right?? Nope no moose even...Hey I lied...little while bunnies are all over teh place! I spend most of the evening tonight outside cleaning up the yard after the snow melted you really get to see what the kisd tossed over teh balcony and what the dogs did under that snow...poop and garbage!! Well that is partly over until the rest of teh yard is melted...but god bless it is wonderful weather..nice and warm...I am taking advantage of teh outdoors until the dreaded mosquitoes arrive!!! UGGH!
Well pray all have a wonderful Resurrection Day!
Old 04-22-2003, 06:40 AM   #12  

We've been quiet for a couple days! This is the first I've been in here. So much going on all the time. I'm ready for summer for things to slow down a little (Yea,right!).

Easter was a beautiful day until the thunderstorms hit. Then it was a bit ugly for a while. BUT the rainbows afterwards were beautiful!!!!!!!

We have a career education field trip today to a newspaper publishing company. The kids are looking forward to it because we will be eating lunch at McDonalds afterwards. Oh boy!

I need to go into school early because I realized that I never finished my lesson plans for this week! oops! Our last day of school was last Wednesday for our spring break. I guess I could have gone in yesterday and finished them up, but why rush into things, right?

Hope you all have a great week. I got on the scales this morning which I shouldn't have done. It was not a pretty number. Too much over the weekend.
Old 04-22-2003, 01:29 PM   #13  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
It is quiet around here.
Sheree, you're not the only one not being told about posts. I haven't had any notices either. Wonder what's going on?????

Our Easter was pretty good. My husband gave me candy---what was he thinking. I've eaten some of it and the rest is in the frig.
I'm getting very excited about our trip. We leave this Saturday. With all the sick days I had, I have soooooo much to do this week.

Hey, I got myself a pedicure this morning. It was fantastic! The lady asked when I'd had one recently. The last pedicure I had was 20 years ago. I thought she was going to work herself silly.

Don't have any words of wisdom for y'all today.

Tina
Old 04-22-2003, 09:03 PM   #14  
Susan

Evening All,

Hope everyone is having a great day! It is nice here, it has been going to rain every day since last Thursday, still nothing. It was dark earlier but nothing but a few drops Maybe we will get some eventually.

Tammy, did you get in early and get your plans done? How was the field trip? They are fun but always wear me out!

Tina, are you getting excited? I can't wait to hear about it!

Sheree, I hate mosquitos and they LOVE me! Yes my mom is having her hip replaced. She fell about 12 years ago and broke her hip, they replaced it. It has been really hurting her and it's time for a new one. She probably should have had it done about 2 years ago.

We got my garden in. YEA!!! I've been itching since then. Went to the dermatologist today about the scar in my knee, last time I went he put injections in it to help with the keloids. He looked at my arms and said "you have posion ivy or posion oak" I've never had it before, and it sure does itch!!!

I've missed everyone since it has been so quiet. I too had a hard time logging in tonight. Have a great one.
Old 04-22-2003, 10:07 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Evening,
Susan, Ouch! Poison ivy is no fun. Once, I went to the doctor because I didn't know what was wrong. It was poison ivy. Now if I see anything with three leaves, I stay far far away from it.
I hope your mother has good results with this hip replacement.

Tammy, where are you going to stay in Chicago? I've only been there once a long time ago. I'd love to go back. I remember going to Marshall Fields and getting lost in there because it was so big.

Maureen, are you still reading?
Sis, how are you doing? Did you get back to WW? You might have said but I don't remember.
Kady, how are you girl?
Reina, how's it going?
Sheree, mosquitos are supposed to be bad here this summer, thrill!!!!!

I had my pedicure today. The poor lady worked herself to death. I hadn't had one in eons. I think that from now on, I'll treat myself once in a great while to one. This one cost $35.00.

I don't think - well, I'm sure that I won't make a 10 pound loss by vacation. In fact, I've gained a couple of pounds back from eating at Easter. Oh well, I intend to have a great time on the beach.

Tina
Closed Thread