Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2003, 09:38 AM   #1  
Life Time 2001

Default Feisty & Sexy 50-60 year olds #216

Looks like everybody got there pictures up!

Portland was rainy most the time I was there. But it was still nice. Always so green up there.

Welcome back Trudy! Glad you got your Puter fixed.

Ann: Lucky you! I love seaworld! We have a small one here. Dont go often as its a 2 hour drive. But I do love to watch them!

Karen sounds like you had a great weekend! Always fun to shop!

Maria: Glad you are finally getting some relif and its helping.

Marnie: Good for you getting that 3.6 off! WTG!

Really dont have time to post more.
Got lots to get caught up on. Bad thing about traveling, nobody does anything while you are gone ALAS......

Just wanted to say Hi All!

Last edited by LilyG; 05-08-2003 at 09:49 AM.
Old 05-08-2003, 11:38 AM   #2  
Member Florida Chick

Talking Feel Good!!!

Good Morning all: I just have to crow a little. Last week I was so bummed as I had gained 3.2. Then my Dr. took me off a medication on Fri. I went to weigh in today and I lost 4#. So now I know that the medication was a contributing factor, not my just being a So now I'm determined to get back to goal and even below, since it will keep me from having to take BP medication. I have a real goal and purpose in mind. I think that should help me.

Our WW gand have started going to a different meeting, and this leader is dynamic and makes the meeting enjoyable and motivating. We were having difficulties with motivation from the other leader. She is a lovely lady, but just not often inspirational. She has to stick to all the written charts, rather than being at all spontaneous. I do like to go on Sat. but hopefully this leader will help us all to get the numbers moving down.

Maria: How are the treatments working? Hope you are feeling better.

Lily: Glad you are back. Thanks for the new thread. And your instructions worked. Now as I change my body image more I'll have to change my avatar. I just thought that lady was funny.

Marnie: Where did you find the moving butterflies? Isn't it nice we have such helpful online friends? You will keep those numbers coming down. There was a lady at our meeting this morning who got a 75lb magnet.

Hi Glenda, Peggy, Slavika, Trudy. Have a good day everyone. Ann
Old 05-08-2003, 07:59 PM   #3  

G'day all,

I have had a busy week this week with getting the poster of the photo collage for my f-i-l's 90th birthday done.
It turned out well, the printer and the framer really liked it. When you work on something for a while, you get a bit tired of it and wonder if it is as good as you had hoped, so it was nice to get the compliments.
I have had fun researching and coming up with some answers for Marnie, it is nice we all have our own avatars.
I still think it would be nice to have our own photo as an avatar, I always like to put a face to the people I talk to......perhaps one day. How does everyone else feel about that idea????

Ann good for you, well done on your loss. I bet you must feel good that it was not just you doing the wrong thing but your medication played a large part. It is always good to get the answers eventhough the answer was not quite what one wanted.

Lily thanks for starting the new thread, 3 pages gets a bit much. I am glad you enjoyed Portland despite the rain.

My hip/back etc. is improving all the time, just amazing As far as the supposed allergy to wheat products well I keep it in mind but just about everything you eat has some wheat in it and it is almost impossible to avoid it.
My hip/back will never be fantastic but I had visions of having to have hip replacement surgery and that is definetly not on the cards now.

Hello to everyone, Peggy, Glenda, Slavika, Trudy and Karen hope you are all well.

Cheers
Maria
Old 05-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #4  

Happy Mothers Day to all of you. I hope you have a lovely weekend. Maria I used to take yoga but that was a loooong time ago. Now I have a couple of tapes that I follow. I find I am not as flexible as I used to be. Imagine that. Ann good for you for losing. Now you can avoid that medication. Glad you found a good group to attend. The leader can make all the difference. I have a pair of birks and don't like them either. They hurt my feet. Karen what a fun anniversary you had. I would love to visit that mall someday but I don't think I would have enough money. I can only imagine all the stores that I have never heard off. Oh bliss!! Marnie glad you got the avatar thing straightened out. I keep trying to upload something from my documents and can't get it to work. I have to go back and try again when I have time to play. Lily I do like the name web girl for you. Glenda I do hope the tornadoes didn't come close to you. I saw in the paper that OC got them. Hi Slavika, Trudy and Jenye[where are you?] I am walking in the MS walk tomorrow morning. I hope that it doesn't rain or storm. It seems to be doing that every day. The yard is a big sponge.
Old 05-09-2003, 05:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Hi Everybody!

I'm learning so much from Maria and her "research" on pictures, sounds, etc. Someday I'll know all that stuff.

I ditto the Happy Mother's Day to all. DH, DS and I are going to a steak house on Sunday and then to the Twins game (vs. Red Sox). I'll have to watch it at dinner because I weigh in on Monday.

It's been rainy and dreary here all day, and now the sun is just starting to peek out at 4:30 p.m.

Happy Weekend to you all.

I'll check in later.

Marnie
Old 05-09-2003, 05:43 PM   #6  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone

I am glad my 'puter is fixed, but just haven't had a lot of spare time to come, read and talk. I have a new CD writer, and it has been a challenge learning how to work it. First I had to learn the difference between Data and Audio.. I find the "language" every program is written to be a stumbling block. Also installed Adobe Photoshop Album and other than put pictures into it, I really haven't had time to find out everything that it can do. The extra memory in my 'puter is evident. Everything moves along so fast now and I don't get those annoying messages that tell me "no memory".
We have been doing some babysitting. We love that little angel so much ... she is only 4 months old and already has brightened up our loves so much. God is good.
Tomorrow my Mom is taking out the family out for a big dinner at a very nice restaurant. She will be 90 on the 16th (Fri), but since my niece is going away on Monday, we are doing the celebration tomorrow. Oscar De La Renta is her favorite fragrance, so we are giving her the works, perfume, lotion, gel, body powder etc, a nice box of Belgium chocolates and a corsage. It seems strange that she is treating us, but this is the way she wants it to be.
Mother's Day we will be seeing our DD and family for lunch... it is her in-laws turn to get them for din dins.
That is all the news I have right now.
Glenda I am hoping you and your loved ones were no where near the tornado's path. What awful destruction with the tornados that swept through the states.

Happy Mother's Day to all my friends...
Old 05-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #7  
Life Time 2001

Ann: Congrats! Thats super. Medication seems to do that. Wish it didnt but it does!

Maria: I can image its very hard to avoid anything with wheat.
I cant image even trying. But it sounds like you are getting better and thats good!

Peggy: Our yard is a big sponge to. Im so sick of rain. I really dont think spring is going to come this year.

Trudy: SOunds like you have had fun babysitting the little angel
What A nice present your Mom is getting! She is going to love it.
More Memory is always nice. You will love it. That Photo album sounds pretty nice.

Marnie: Have fun at the game sunday! Sounds like a great Mothers Day!

Glenda: Do lets us know if all is well.

Happy Mothers Day to all!
Old 05-11-2003, 10:25 PM   #8  

G'day all,

Hope you all had a great Mother's Day. We had the 90th birthday of dh's father on the Saturday and then of course Mother's day on Sunday.
He loved the collage of photo's I did, all the family approved. I was a bit worried about the balance of family members on the poster. There were about 125 photo's so it was a bit tricky to ensure everyone was equally represented.

Trudy your mum's 90th birthday sounds like it you would have had a great celebration. How many attended the lunch?

I have also been thinking of those of you in the tornado areas. The pictures on the news are amazing, such devastation. Any reason for so many tornados to strike in such a short space of time?

Last week that dh is home, he will be returning to NZ next Tuesday. I will go as soon as the tiling on my porch has been done. We received the quote this morning and have agreed to it so now it is a matter of time when they can do it.
It seems strange dh going back on his own, neither of us like it .

Have a great day all,
Cheers
Maria
Old 05-12-2003, 07:51 PM   #9  
Net browser

Hi Everybody I heard from Glenda and fortunately the tornado missed her and her family.
My brother and his wife are going to stop by for awhile so I don't know how long I can hang out here. It seems I have not posted for awhile. My dil had a Garage Sale this past Saturday.
I'll be back later.
Old 05-12-2003, 08:24 PM   #10  

G'day all,

Good to hear Glenda is fine, thanks for letting us know Slavika

All is well at this end of the world, a beautiful day after a few days of some heavy rain.

Cheers all,
Maria
Old 05-13-2003, 07:46 PM   #11  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Sorry I didn't make it back last night, but I was too tired. I had a lovely Mother's Day. Son did make the BBQ ribs and told the grandkids several times to be careful when eating them so that nothing would drop on Baba's blue dinning room carpet. Well I guess you know where this story is going. Son used the tongs to get a wedge of ribs from the platter to his plate and they literally went flying over his shoulder on to the carpet. Fortunately it cleaned up and the children reminded him SEVERAL times during the meal and after the meal as to what he had done. My dil picked up this lovely hand blown glass water holder for plants. It kind of looks like a long glass straw with a bulb at the end of it. You fill it up with water and stick the long part into the soil of plant with the bulb sticking up. It's blue and looks nice stuck in a plant in my living room.
It sounds like you all had a nice day too.
Maria it's nice that your collage poster was a hit, and that everybody liked it. Ann on the 4# lost. I did manage to lose a couple of pounds when I was busy helping my dil with her garage sale but I think I gained it back. GRRR The garage sale was a lot of work but her and I had a lot of fun. I must have missed the post where you gals were talking about shoes. I have a pair of TEVA sandals that are really comfortable and the other day I bought a pair of Clarks Clogs or slides. Trudy bought a pair last year or the year before and she said they were VERY comfortable so I bought a pair. I am still "testing" them around the house but I think they will work out just great. Tea time today was one big laugh, and then my grandkids rode their bikes over and had dinner with DH and I. DH has now gone for a bike ride to the park with them but they will be back soon. I already forget what was said on the last thread and just read it yesterday.
So, I will just say hello to all of you.
Old 05-14-2003, 08:42 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 195/136/128

Hi all you Feisty’s:

Lily, glad you returned from Portland safely. How long did it take you to become a Lifetime member? I noticed that at the end of your posts.

Ann, you must be delighted with your weight loss. Congratulations! I bet you’re trying to be good, too – it can’t be just the medication. It’s probably your new avatar. BTW, Maria found my avatar for me. I love it and it moves.

Maria, I’m so happy that your FIL liked your poster. Are you going to scan it in at some point so we can see it? I bet it’s great. I think it would be great if we could post our pictures as avatars – I have one at age 26 that I like: I’m thin and youthful looking! Glad your bones are on the mend. How do you cope with the “wheat” thing? Read labels? Also, how does eating wheat affect you?

Peggy, in one of your posts you mentioned that you use Yoga tapes. Could you tell me the names? I’d like to start doing Yoga on a regular basis. I bought a pair of shoes on Saturday that are made by Birkenstock – they’re called Footprints. I wore them all day yesterday and they felt okay.

Trudy, your little “angel” sounds precious. Is that your granddaughter? Your Mother’s Day sounded great – where did you go to dinner? When you wrote, “Belgium chocolates I started salivating – that’s me and sugar and anything chocolate. I’m sure I’m not alone!

Slavika, how’s that carpet? We have blue carpet, too. Ours shows every spill. I haven’t heard of TEVA sandals, but I’ll look the next time I go shopping. There’s a Clarks shoe store at the Mall of America, I could look there, too.

I’m just recovering from a cold and haven’t a clue how I got it. It’s a nuisance and inconvenient – I can’t smell anything or taste anything. I slept really well last night and that helped.

I’ve rambled enough.

Marnie
Old 05-14-2003, 04:57 PM   #13  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone

Marnie too bad about the cold. When I have one, I usually go up in weight because I am constantly looking for something that I can taste and make me feel better. My hubby will always lose weight when he is sick. My angel is my 4 month old granddaughter.
Maria do think you have celiac disease? My SIL has it and she has to be very careful, especially in restaurants. She is always asking how soups, gravies etc are made. Usually, the serving staff have no idea. When they come over I really have to read labels and search out treats and recipies that have no wheat. Her DH is a diabetic and so it gets complicated trying to find things low in sugar. They are a challenge to entertain.
Slavika What a beautiful day today... I guess you were out and about enjoying summer. I can't believe how great the weather has been. Makes me forget how cold Feb and Mar were.... all is forgiven.
Lily hope the rain has stopped. I always check out the west coast because my in-laws live in BC.. and the coast has really had a lot of rain this spring.

We had a lovely weekend. My Mom was so happy, there were 8 and 1/2 of us ( was the 1/2 ). Birthday week continues .. my DD is 30 years old tomorrow and Mom's actual date is on the 16th... so there will be more celebrating and, God help me... more cake.

When we backed out of the driveway on Sunday, hubby and I were commenting on our tulips. The deep rose bunch were just opening and the yellow bunch had color showing so they would be opening soon. We got home late that night. The next morning we checked to see what opened and found that all the deep rose and some of the yellow tulips were gone. Someone had picked them and they left BIG footprints in the flower bed. Today my DH had a couple of neighbors tell him that a teenage girl was picking them and when one neighbor hollered at her she ran away. I guess she would have taken them all if he hadn't.
As it was she got over 12 of them. If she had been a little girl, I would have understood the temptation to take some to her Mom, but a big teenager is another story.

I was bringing out my summer clothes today, and decided to get rid of everything (summer and winter) that I didn't wear last year. Salvation Army will be very happy... now I have room in my closet again. Time to go shopping..

Hope you all are having a great day..
Old 05-14-2003, 08:09 PM   #14  

G'day all,

I now know that stress turns me to food/drink
I hade a disastrous day yesterday but all has ended well.
I will try not to bore you too much but my computer had 'died' due to some software I had loaded that was not compatible. Our biggest concern was the many photos I have stored on my computer and of course only some were backed up
After wrecking our brains, more dh than me, he is the technical one , we somehow extracted all the photo files, I also spotted the offending program, deleted that and voila I was up and running again, no need to reformat the hard drive and re-load all my programs. In the meantime I now have 7 CD's with all my backed up files, so the day was not a total loss but I must say I was VERY worried.

I have heard of both Teva and Birckenstock sandals/shoes. Both brands are quite expensive here and are very trendy with the young outdoor types. I guess that comes as no surprise to either Slavika or Marnie I don't want to dampen the spirit of you young outdoors types, but Clark clogs are not quite as trendy

Trudy as I am reading your post and picturing your tulips, how disappointing to have them 'picked' (read stolen ) by some person.
I have been told, it is some type of celiac disease. I try and avoid wheat but I am not overly fussy and I feel OK. I am feeling a lot better than I have for some time
At f-i-l's birthday party, dh's eldest brother (you may remember his wife dying of lung cancer last year) has Parkinson Disease. He was diagnosed shortly before the death of his wife. Of course with us being away all the time, we don't see him very often. To see him last Saturday was quite a shock, his 90 year old father looked fitter! He has deteriorated so much since we last saw him 4 months ago, he was just a pathetic old man (he is 10 years older than dh, 66) very sad indeed. Makes my aches and pains seem very minor.

Marnie Hope your cold is getting better. Probably quite stupidly, I said to dh the other night that I cannot remember the last time I had a cold, hope I haven't jinxed myself in getting one now! I would love to share the poster, however it is huge and would take forever to download and you would all be cursing me

Slavika Your poor son, I am sure his children will be reminding him a few more times about dropping the spare ribs on your carpet Sounds like you had a lovely day.
The gift from your d-i-l sounds lovely, very unusual.

Well I am not stressed today, computer is working like a treat again I bought some new software to archive all my photos, it is the best but lots to learn to use it to it's maximum potential so I will be doing that today.

Have a great day all
Cheers
Maria

Last edited by flaggies; 05-14-2003 at 08:12 PM.
Old 05-16-2003, 05:57 PM   #15  

Maria glad you fixed your computer problem. I would probably still be trying to figure out what was wrong. Hope you weren't too stressed. Marnie hope your cold is gone. I have a Denise Austin yoga tape. It has a segment on using the exercise ball too. I want to get some more. I usually buy tapes at yard sales because they are cheap and if I don't use them it is no big deal. [Sometimes I do them by sitting on the sofa and just watching. lol] Don' t tell. I was going to look at the library and video store for some to see if I liked them before buying. I don't want real hard ones - I might get tied up in a knot and not be able to get unstuck. Trudy I can't believe that someone would come into your yard and pick your flowers. They must have been really pretty. My peonies are just starting to bloom. I love them when they are big and fluffy. I have always wondered why the ants seem to like them. I planted some small rose bushes this week. Slavika hope your carpet is clean again. It is always something. Wish I could have come to your garage sale. Hi Ann, Glenda, Karen and Lily. What have you all been up to?

Last edited by painter5; 05-16-2003 at 06:02 PM.
Closed Thread