Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 09:33 AM   #1  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Default Wednesday Thread 4-23-03

Hey gals! Sorry I have not been around. I have been *kind of* keeping OP. Some days yes, some days no. Things have been so stressful with the house hunting going on!

So, I started my Winsor Pilates tapes this morning. They are HARD. I was SO surprised. My tummy muscles hurt! You will not sweat at all but it really really REALLY works your muscles and gets you flexible and stretched out. I think I'm going to enjoy doing it!

I want to get some other tapes to switch off with. I'm thinking of The Firm and Tae Bo. I have heard some of you say you love the Firm, but what about Tae Bo? Anyone?

Ok, so I am going to really reach out now. For those girls who are having a really hard time lately like me (Laura and others!) I have come up with this "idea". Let me know what you think.

I want some one to becoem me Instant Messanger/Email buddy. I'll email them at least once a day and be totally honest with what I did that day. Same thing with the other person. This includes exercise and stuff like that and this person has to be willing to put up with my whining and with my emails that will read "I CANT BELIEVE SOME IDIOT BROUGHT IN DONUTS TO WORK AND LEFT THEM OUT FOR US" You get my drift! So who's willing? I really think this will help with support for the BOTH of us!

Hope you girls have a great day!

PS Jen HANG IN THERE!!!! Its only 2 weeks? Wow time flies! I guess when you stop posting we will know when the little one came! I jsut visited with my 9 month old nephew. He is so cute! It makes me want to have kids, but right now its nice to visit and then go home hehe
Old 04-23-2003, 09:42 AM   #2  

I am here for ya Lori. I am always on IM! My IM is Tonya Stappert.

Not much new with me, struggling like everyone else, but I did finish the day yesterday at the low end of my points!! Yah!!!

I have a test this afternoon that I have to study the rest of the day for, but I will check back often today, I need little breaks you know!

I am glad Deb started the journal back up, I need to be held accountable!

Well, better start studying....bbiab!
Old 04-23-2003, 10:06 AM   #3  

I should have mentioned that my IM name is modkittn hehe
Old 04-23-2003, 10:59 AM   #4  
Andrew

What is an IM?
Old 04-23-2003, 11:03 AM   #5  

IM = Instant Messenger. I have AOL's version and Yahoo's version, but I rarely use the Yahoo version.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:07 AM   #6  

Robin, an IM is instant messenger. You get it through aol, although you don't have to be a subscriber, you can go to aol.com and download the software and sign up for free.

Lori, I think the email thing sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately my client doesn't let us use IM at work anymore =(, but I am on it when I'm home most of the time. My IM name is lexxy2 - makes it a lot easier when you always have the same name, huh!

I already have a confession for the day. I forgot my usual granola bar breakfast at home so *luckily* there was leftover pizza from lunch yesterday and I had a big slice of deep dish italian sausage for breakfast!! And I had already planned to have the leftover veggie for lunch! I went over calories yesterday too because instead of the 2 beers I had planned to have at a friend's b-day celebration, I had 4 beers and a shot. Ugh.
Old 04-23-2003, 11:26 AM   #7  
Andrew

LORI:I also need something like that and would be willing to be your buddy. I need to be held accountable. I have been doing so terrible.

Tonya:Good luck on your test!

LEXXY:I had strawberry shortcake for breakfast-but no shot.

On to yesterdays hellos.....

Lexxy:I'm sorry you're feeling so bad about yourself. Why would he tell you he was with someone new? What a jerk. I am with you-on the day after WI I say "I'm going to do it this week." and then I don't. I need some kind of motivation but I'm not sure what it would be. Feel better.

Tonya:I think I'll have a swimsuit picture done too. About ten years ago my husb took "before" pictures of me in my bra and underwear from every angle and he had a friend over and we were showing him a pack of pictures and forgot those were in there. I was so embarresed.

Laura: That sounds like the "Wendie" plan. It works pretty good too. Maybe we'll discuss it at my WW meeting tonight.

Jen:I remember the last few weeks before I delivered. I didn't think it would ever come. Good luck-and just think how many lbs you'll drop when you deliver!

KT: GO CANUCKS!! Hope they won last night! No-I did not avoid the french toast. I ate three pieces. I did however use spray ICANTBELIEVEITSNOTBUTTER and low calorie syrup. Like that really mattered.

RINA: Good to hear from you. Could you send some motivation my way please?

HI KIM!

DEB: I ate candy on Easter but haven't touched it since.
Old 04-23-2003, 12:11 PM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Lori - glad you liked the Windsor Pilates. I've been thinking of adding it to my work-out tape wish list.

Good luck with your test Tonya! Although you study so much you probably don't need luck.

Lexxy - CB and I "accidentally" polished off most of a bottle of Captain last night. Naturally, that required a steak & egg bagel from McD's this AM.

Robin - your description of the french toast cracked me up!

Well, last nights drinks and this mornings breakfast will put me over my points for the week if I want to eat at all the next 2 days but I'm still doing so much better than I have been that I'm not upset by it. Also, we really needed to kick back and have few last night. Yesterday, after much family drama, I met with my cousins father in his office for an hour - he basically lectured me on all my "sins" for the past year - things like in March of 2002 I apparently forget to say good-bye to him after a family event - this has apparently been extremely painful for him. And more significantly, Monday we found out that CB's dad has prostate cancer. Needless to say - a little alcohol induced relaxation was necessary last night.

I love the IM idea. I'm on yahoo and my IM is lbrady73.

Must get back to work.

Laura
Old 04-23-2003, 12:30 PM   #9  
Proud Canadian

Default WE WON!!!

So it's on to round two for the Canucks against Minnesota. I'm going to the game on Sunday night and I'm WAY too excited right now.

OK, I like the IM idea but can't use IM at work and don't have internet at home right now so I'm out. I ate peel and eat shrimp at the pub last night (avoided alcohol by drinking diet coke) and only ate one tiny corner of the pita they had to soak up the butter and lemon in the bottom of the dish. So I'm glad I'm still avoiding carbs but the butter on the prawns...
At least we had a good time. Every time we watch the game at this pub, our team wins so it's a bit of a tradition now. The staff knows us well. Enough hockey (there's never enough)

Lori - I used to go to a kick box class and I'm desparately looking for some Tae bo tapes, it was a GREAT workout. Way to go with the pilates.
Tonya - you are testing all over the place. I hope it goes well!
Lexxy - I thought you told your co-worker to take that home. Maybe you can walk it off at lunch?
Robin - we don't have the spray in canada (although we do have the butter substitute) My sister always brings me a bottle when she comes up from the states.
Laura - I agree, you needed to relax. Hopefully you got things worked out somewhat in the family. Sorry about CB's father I hope his treatment goes well.

Alright, just enough time for a little bit of work. I love it when my boss is out of town.
KT
Old 04-23-2003, 12:54 PM   #10  

Robin, the thing about the ex...I was kind of the one saying that I missed us being together...plus I had told him when we were going through our back and forth thing to let me know if he ever met someone else. I don't have much pride when it comes to him, but I am not going to be hooking up with someone who is also hooking up with someone else. But I definitely thing the ICBINB and low-cal syrup made a difference! Those little things add up.

Laura, I also want to add Windsor to my list! Of course I spent like $70 on the firm and haven't even gotten myself to do them yet, so one thing at a time. What I REALLY want is a total gym, but that will put me back like $400-500 for the model I want. I am tempted to just get it, because at least I can do that while watching TV. My parents have one at home, but for some reason my mom seems reluctant to give it to me...Oh, and McDonalds cures all hangovers!! I have another big drinking night tomorrow, a kickoff party for our kickball season. I'll have to be realistic and hope I can keep it to 4 light beers.

KT, I did tell him to take the pizza home, but he only took home half of the veggie. The issue now is moot though, because SOMEONE at the office either ate or threw it all away - 2 peices of veggieand 2 or 3 sausage. I'm kinda pissed just out of principle, although it solved my dillema.

Hi Tonya and everyone else! I'm glad we are back to our usual posting selves!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:00 PM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals. I'm running out the door to work (what else is new? I was doing great today except I did have an oh henry egg with my lunch! Supper might be interesting b/c it will be 8:30 by time i get to think about cooking it. I need to plan ahead more so I can just come home from work & have something healthy waiting for me. Anyway I should run.
Lori I love that idea with the IM/email. I don't IM right now but could maybe email someone? Maybe it would weork with KT since she doean't do Im either? We should organize this!

Talk to you all tomorrow hopefully!
Old 04-23-2003, 03:05 PM   #12  
A Yankee in Virginia

Hi girls! I just had to share this because it made me laugh. Anyone watch "Mr. Personality" the other night? I confess I did, out of pure morbid curiosity that Monica Lewinsky was the host. But the show, like all the reality shows I've seen (except maybe the very first Survivor), was pretty stupid.

Anyone, this is from slate.com about one of the masked men who wasn't picked:

"One guy, an NFL mascot, wasn't so lucky, and in parting he tried to stick it to Arp for listening to the astrologer. Doffing his mask, he said, "This totally sucks. … You let a 1-800-number psychic make your decision on who you're going to be with for the rest of life!" (As opposed to a dating show with masks? No way!)"

Ha, ha.

Hey Lori! I have the Tae Bo tapes. I haven't used them in about 2 years but when I did, I loved them. Hmm. Maybe it's time to break them out again.
Old 04-23-2003, 04:32 PM   #13  
Proud Canadian

Kim - I watched that! I didn't feel like doing my homework so I was stalling. It was VERY funny. Also quite stupid. I haven't figured out the woman though, probably cause I missed the first half hour but she hasn't shown any redeeming qualities except that she's cute and perky. I hope I don't get caught up in this one.
Rina - I'm not very good with my e-mail at work either cause I'm not supposed to do personal e-mail. Funny that they can monitor my e-mail but my internet use they don't care about. And I don't use my other e-mail enough to make us accountable. Maybe we should start an accountability thread. Tee hee.

I had the best lunch today - I bought lettuce and I cut up a chicken breast cooked with cajun spices and threw that on top - very good and low points. Add in a tomato - Thank god for Diet pop for my sweet craving.

KT
Old 04-23-2003, 04:57 PM   #14  
Self-Proclaimed WWDiva

Hi everyone ... late in the day, but better late than never!

I'd be happy to IM/E-mail throughout the day.
My IM is racinraven and my e-mail @ work is [email protected]

THanks Lori & Tonya for joining me on the Journal thread! I think i've got to get down to journaling w/ the pen & paper though. I have good days, and not so good nights.
I added both of you guys to my IM list. I have it on mainly M-F from 10 AM - 5 PM (when Im at work) and I don't have the computer on line @ home yet.

Tonya - I have a test tonight also. Phooey! This semester has taken so long ... only a few more weeks and it's over. We just got back from our Spring Break too - only a few more classes till the end.

Lexxy - I added you to my IM list too. Now I have lots of friends. Teehee. MMMM ... beer and shots - I'm supposed to go out Friday night to celebrate my best friend's birthday. I haven't been out in a LONG time ...

Robyn - MMM ... strawberry shortcake ... I love that! So light & fresh. You guys are making my tummy growl!
I'm going to use the full length mirror in my room ... not a pretty sight. I also keep clothes catalogs around as reminders - like Newsport News and Shape Magazine.

Laura - wow ... sorry to hear about your stressors. I understand the alcohol induced relaxtion - every now and then it's needed.
My boss & I are taking a late liquid lunch on Friday for Administrative Professionals day. It'll be more fun that way and then I'm headed out for my best friends birthday. What a way to kick off the weekend!

Still moving and unpacking crap ... will it ever end?? I've got pix of the place but soo many of them ... i'll have to post a few.
I need to definitely get a bed soon - this pull out couch is killing my back.
I need curtains, blinds, etc ... I'm trying to get as much as possible for FREE from people I know -
I've been lax in keeping up w/ my online bills. Woopsie.

OK .. tomorrow is our first WW@Work program. We'll see how it goes ...

Now that it's after 5 PM I'll end this ...

I hate my job ... hate ...
Old 04-23-2003, 05:00 PM   #15  

Hey girls,

I watched Mr. Personality - yes, it was stupid. And yes I'll watch it again. For some reason I like those reality shows...although the only "Bachelor" I watched was the Bachelorette. I think it's just more fun to think about whichguy you would pick then what girls you think the guy should pick.

I used to do Tae Bo too, but got out of it. That's my problem, I can't seem to find an exercise routine that I can stick with!
Closed Thread