Old 11-30-2012, 09:39 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles

Judy - hope you are back on track, we all have set backs which is frustrating but each day brings a new beginning and a new plan for success.

Terri - Good luck with your gluten free plan, very expensive as well.
Great you are eating light with not getting to the gym - good game plan!

Princess - nice to see you popping in when you can. Good luck to you & your family with your health issues. Lets all think positive and sending alittle prayer your way.

Well, ladies I had 3 food functions last week & was down 1# at my weigh in,
so was very happy about that. BUT tonight I have potluck & next Tues chinese dinner out with my ladies group, so might not be so lucky next time.
But I am really trying to make better choices & still enjoy the season

All - hope you are all doing great, getting into the Christmas spirit and
trying to plan out all the "extras" coming our way

Good luck!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 PM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Bandit, : : weigh to go.
It is fantastic that you lost a pound while having three functions out. Great!

I am trying every day to do well. The scale isn't budging, but I did get in a good walk this morning before the mall opened, and then my friend and I went shopping. got a lot done and some movement, so that's a good thing.

Princess, always good to hear from you. I echo Bandit with good wishes and sending a prayer your way. Please chime in when you can, but know we are all thinking about you all the time. Our group doesn't want you to feel bad about anything. We love you.

Terri and Cherry and Life, keep on keepin' on. We can do this.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 07:04 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey Gals

Hope you are all well! Hanging in here! In this most challenging season!!

Check in when you can!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:06 AM   #49  

Morning ladies

Well, I had 2 food functions last week & was down 2# at the scales.
Soooooooooo, I was super happy with that, especially with chinese food
being involved. At both events, I tried to make better choices than before
and still enjoy myself. I tracked as best I could and still had my wine.

Also, this week the new ww programme has been launched and basically is same with some behaviour changes mostly.

Terri - glad to see you popping by and hope you are doing well with
holiday challenges.

Judy/Princess - hope you are also having a good week and chime in
when you can.

All - enjoy the season!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #50  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

S/C/G: 220/206/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi,

I am new to this site and would like to join your turtle herd! I am on WW online and loving it. I am still confused by activity points...and hoe they figure in to your point allowance...any help?
BigMomma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:24 AM   #51  

Sorry I havent been around much. In a family of 3 little ones we have lots of sickies going around this time of year.

Bandit- Great job on being able to go out and to food functions and still lose weight.

Judy- Thanks for always thinking of me even when i've disappeared for awhile.

BigMamma- Welcome to the group. I bet some of the ladies will have some great advice on activity points. I think it is different for each person and how there body loses weight. I dont use the activity points but do use the extra given for the week some dont even use that.

Princess, Terri, and Life- Hope everyone is hanging in there. Glad everyone is still stopping in when they can.

I only use weight about one week out of the month and have slowed down but that is ok I am pretty content where I am at. My lowest weight this week has been 161.0 I do have loose skin from losing so much weight but for the most part i would rather that than be the size i use to be at 252.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #52  
Chick

Big Momma, to you. this is a great group that offers support and encouragement. Glad you'd like to join us. Tell us a bit about yourself.
As far as activity points, online you should be able to find the activity you want, the rate you did it, and factor in how much you weigh. Then you'll get an activity point count. Now: you can use those points plus that day and add it onto your 26 points plus that most of us have. You can also save them up for that week. By your official WI the following week if you haven't used them, they are gone. Is that as clear as mud or do you understand?
With Christmas, etc. I'm moving fast, but I wanted to answer your question.
Personally I do not eat my activity points plus. I just use them to help me lose weight better. Of course, I am much older than most of this group and I think that is a consideration. A lot of WW's is trial and error. The simple answer to your question is that you add the value of the activity points to your daily amt. given. So, if you earn 2 points plus in activity and you started with 26 points plus for the day, you now have 28 points plus to use if you wish.

Gals, trying hard to lose weight here. Find any little thing slows me down. Ugh. But I'm not giving up.

Bandit: wow you are doing great : with your social nights out and still losing weight. You must be tracking really well. Weigh to go.

Cherry, so glad you are still doing well. I am so happy for you!
Terri, you're right----we'll all chime in when we can.
Princess, thanks for that beautiful mall mob singing on facebook. It made me cry too. Not that I wanted to cry, but it reminded me of a simpler time when I was a child and the glory of Christmas.
Life4evr, hope you're still in touch here when you can. Always like to hear from you.

I've got a pot of veggie soup on the stove and it's smelling good. Yay.
Thought that might help with the munchies now and then. And soup is good for my dh also.
I've been walking more and that helps. Have a great day. :
Judy
Old 12-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #53  

Hi ladies

Wet day up here and this weekend am basically finishing up with decorating
then will focus on my shopping. My favoritie dance is tonight which I am missing since I really don't want to push too much on my knee which is still
not great. So a quiet weekend is on the books, which is nice since I have already had some christmas gatherings.

Bigmomma - welcome to our group. These ladies are fabulous and will have lots of support and advice for you. So where are you from? I am about 30 mins east of Toronto. Am I with Cherry/Judy with the activity points - I don't have extra food when exercising. My metabololism is slow and I find if I stick within my points & use the extras PP I will lose weight for the most part.

Judy - as always full of wisdom to pass on to our newest member!

Cherry - nice to see you posting. I know how busy you are and sick children is not nice to be dealing with. Hang in there & lets us know how you are doing when you can

Princess - hope you are doing great

All - enjoy the season!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #54  
Becoming SkinnyMomma

S/C/G: 220/206/135

Height: 5'5"

Thanks for the warm welcome. My weight loss journey started in my late teens, where the yo-yo dieting began. I would gain and then lose it with diet and exercise. You sure take for granted the metabolism of a young adult! As I went to university, I would workout daily and participate in rec leagues with friends. My weight would fluctuate depending on what or how I ate. I have a tendency to eat out of boredom and eat my feelings with junk food and lots of carbs. If I caught myself getting too heavy ( 160 lbs ), I would go on a diet to lose the extra 10 - 15 lbs. With every passing birthday, my activity level decreased and my weight gain increased. My first year of teaching, I gained 30 lbs due to stress and fast food. I went on a diet and started,exercising again and managed to get down to my healthy weight again. I fluctuated between 135 and 175 lbs for the rest of my twenties. Whenever I crept up in my weight, I would take care of it within a few months of diet and exercise. That was until I became a mother of two in my early thirties....much harder to find time for myself to exercise and make my health a priority. This is when I found out how much more effort was required to lose those extra pounds. I was topping the scales at 185 lbs and I panicked and started diets that were a lot more extreme that promised fast results. I would lose some and then life would get in the way and I would gain it all back and 5 - 10 lbs for good measure. The more weight I gained the more extreme the diet, the more weight gain when I would abandon the impossible eating plan! This continued through my thirties and now I am staring at forty and I was at the highest weight ever even when I was pregnant, no muscle tone (51% body fat),and I feel so unhealthy,tired, old before my time and hopeless. So I joined WW and started to walk to a DVD walking program. I have tried the short cuts/fast ways out of this mess and I finally realize i may be able to remain true for a few months but sooner or later the plan is not sustainable and the inevitable weight gain and feeling of hopelessness will follow. When I saw this group and the turtle reference...I knew it was for me. Slow and steady, one foot in front of the other, I will get there....maybe not 135 lbs....that now seems a bit extreme....funny how therapeutic writing is...it made me look at what I really want to achieve : I want to be healthy and active whether that is at 165 lbs or 145. Who knows? I am feeling better already, more in control.

Judy, I hope I didn't overwhelm you or this group. I promise to be less thorough next post.
BigMomma135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #55  
Chick

Oh Big Momma, have you found the right place!!!!!!!

You didn't overwhelm us or this group. Believe it or not, you just wrote my story! I did all the things you did-===I have been my right weight many times in my life, but now after gaining 30# in two months due to a thyroid malfunction that went undiagnosed I am having a **** of a time getting it off.
My short history is top weight: 234.6/best recent weight 182#. Weight right now about 194# and struggling.

You will fit right in with us. We're a small, but dedicated group. We consist of Bandit, Terri, Princess, Cherry, Life4evr, and now Big Momma. I start a new thread when we reach about 50 posts and I'm about to do that right now. We all encourage you post here as often as you like. WW's is a healthy way to knock off weight without the deprivation of all the fast shortcut methods that are sooooooooooooooooo hard to do. We wish you the best. Keep chiming in!!

Turtles, went to my niece's last night and had a lovely time. She surprised us with homemade soup and sandwiches and it wasn't terribly hard to stay on track. Today dh and I are at home and that should work out fine.

Will get to grocery story to pick up items I need for the Christmas Eve and day and freeze them. Making life easy on myself. Also need a few more ingredients for baking and I'm not baking until the very last week right before Christmas. I know if I bake now, I'll eat now and then have to bake more which I might eat again. Don't want to repeat that behaviorQ

Okay, we are running long. I'll see you all over at #284 Bale of Turtles Preparing for the Best Days!
Love,
Judy