Old 11-17-2012, 09:07 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles - gorgeous day up here which is great this time of year

Still maintaining which with no exercise is good, but really want to see the
scale go down. This upcoming Thurs at my Tops group, we are having a
fashion show with "Fashions that Move" and this is suppose to show us
how to dress for all body types. They asked for me to be a model, which will
be a new experience for me as well. So looking forward to see how they would dress us.

Terri - my daughter has gone gluten free for the 2 months & is also feeling better. So now when I shop I look for gluten free products as well as my own point friendly things.

Knee still not healed, but seems to be getting better most days.
Had pub night last night and tonight have a bd party to go to.
Always lots going on

All - hope you are all having a great weekend!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 06:51 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Sunday!

Went to W/I yesterday and was down 3.4 lbs - I had to take another round of steroids for my neck/back issue and usually I gain a ton of weight with those - that tells me just how inflammed I really was which is usually what leads to a flare up with the pinched nerve. I am on track and just looking to get walking a bit and staying on track. I will chug along for now because like the rest of the turtles I feel that is about where I am at.

I sure hope everyone is doing well, has their power back, is on the mend, and has a good job prospect on the horizon! This will eb and flow as Terri said in her post so I guess life is telling us to just go with it, do the best we can and not let the stress of losing weight over come us.

All in all we have a lot to be thankful for.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Last edited by Princess1122; 11-18-2012 at 06:53 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:59 AM   #33  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

I love the way we're sounding. I was up about 4# at WI which actually isn't hideous since it was 2 weeks of no WI and all we went through with storm, etc. I am also trying to relax and take life in my stride. Stress keeps on being a prime factor in weight gain/Cortisol, etc. so I'm thinking more kindly about the weight loss journey.

So glad to hear from so many of you. Princess, : especially with having to take steroids for your neck. Weigh to go!

Bandit, you have the greatest social life. Have fun! A fashion show! That's great. Let us know what they dressed you in.

Terri, interesting about the gluten free. Glad your belly is feeling better.

We had a mystery party last night. First one in a long time. We had scheduled this before the storm and although it's been hectic here getting things back in order we went ahead with the party. We felt we could all use some laughs and good company. It worked. Food was good throughout the night. I am finding when I am not stressed that my call to food isn't as difficult. Last night I concentrated on the fun, not the food. That's my aim.
Not always easy to accomplish, but I'll take it when I can!

Happy Thanksgiving here in the states. Canada----you've already had yours? I am grateful for your friendship online. Thank you!
Judy
234.6/???/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #34  
Chick

Things going nicely here. Hoping for a good WI tomorrow at my WW mtg.
Judy
Old 11-21-2012, 05:56 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Hey all !

I am up and at it! Off to the gym for some much needed exercise! Have been slacking off!!! I am not doing perfect on the gluten free but certainly cutting back on it.
Thanksgiving here back in October, but we are going to be enjoying some black friday shopping as our stores are trying to keep us shoppers this side of the border!!
Glad all are well!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #36  
Chick

Terri weigh to go!

Had my WI this morning and I was down 1#. That's fine with me since we had a mystery party and also ate out once this week. Hoping to knock off plenty more before Christmas!!

Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!! Small group here tomorrow, but it should be nice anyway. Must admit I love sausage stuffing.
Judy
Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #37  

Hey Girls!

Hope you are all well, we all must be very busy!!! This is good, it will keep us out of trouble and the fridge hehehehehehe!!!!!
Judy weigh to go on the weigh in!!!
Princess Bandit Cherry Life Hey to you gals!!
Keepin at it!!!

Terri
Old 11-26-2012, 05:41 PM   #38  
Chick

Terri, glad you're keeping at it. I had a meltdown, but I'm back on track today. It is shocking to me that I keep on doing this. I'll get there.

: to us all. We lost 2 weeks here with the superstorm and we've had to do a lot to get things back to normal. We're not there yet, but we're on our way. I am getting into Christmas shopping and that's a help.

Let's keep on keepin' on and eat the way we know we'll get good results.
Judy
Old 11-27-2012, 09:37 AM   #39  

Morning turtles

Judy - nice job on your weight loss!

Terri - glad to see you are getting in some exercise & hope you are doing good with trying gluten free. My dd seems to be doing OK with it so far & is feeling better.

The parties have started and last weekend I had a dinner out before "Christmas with Elvis" concert which was really good.
Tonight have my office dinner party and that is always nice with lots of great food. So I brought yogurt & ryecrisps for lunch which is light.

All - hope you are all getting ready for the Christmas season. Planning on putting the tree up this weekend & that makes me feel like doing more things once that is up & decorated.

Have a great Tuesday!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #40  
Chick

Wow Bandit, you really are in a sociable group. Good for you. You always seem to have something going on.

I'm taking down my Thanksgiving decorations today and then I'll think about starting with Christmas decorations. Have had tough time with food, but what else is new? got some low cal foods into the house. Made a turkey meatloaf for tonight and also made some butternut squash soup which is pretty filling.

Wishing everyone good days, OP , and lots of fun during this great time of the year.
Judy
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #41  

Morning everyone

Well, I think I did good at my office party. Usually I have the mindset "only once a year thing" and over do it. My strategie was at cocktail hour had
wine spritzer which lightened up the alcohol, avoid appetizers that were deep fried or breaded, had 1 pumpernickel dinner roll (this is my weakness)
and a breadstick (instead of 1/2 the basket) and main course & fruit only
for dessert (there was a dessert table away from us & I didn't even go up & tempt myself) So overall, I think I did well & best part was not gaining 2 or 3 # overnight!!!

Judy - turkey meatloaf sounds like a good idea!

All - have a great OP day!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #42  
Chick

Hey Bandit, thanks for showing us the way!!!! Weigh to go! We all know the things to do, but doing them is another story. And the problem with the "only once in a year" label is that there are so many of them at this time of the year.

I gained a pound at my WI, so I am back exactly where I was 3 weeks ago.
Not making progress, but I had a mini meltdown and kept eating past the point of comfort. Not strange, I'm sure lots of people do that, but my goal is to lose weight. I just made turkey meatballs which I'll keep in the freezer and tonight I'll have a portion with the spaghetti squash I just bought. That actually sounds good. Have been busy starting preparing for Christmas and that should help reduce stress to see I am actually accomplishing something.

I'm thinking of : and to all our Turtles
Princess, how are you doing. Thanksgiving must have been hard for you, but I hope your boys were with you and your family.
Cherry, you've done so well with your weight. Are you settling into realizing how great you look now?
Terri, always glad to hear you're doing well with the and watching what you eat.
Life4evr, how are you doing?

Okay gals, just a quick stop by here. I've got tons to do. Just straightened out the garage since it needed it! Lol.
Judy
Old 11-29-2012, 06:38 AM   #43  

Judy and Bandit!!! You gals rock! Always positive, and very helpful to us all!!!

I have not been to gym this week, Have been very busy at work, and yes I am making excuses!!! I will get back at it I promise!!! On the other hand have been eating fairly light and I am pretty proud of that!!! The gluten and I are still battling I love bread!!!! But I have really been trying, and I do find when I have none for a day or two I feel great!

So christmas party season is here!!! We can do it!!

Terri
Old 11-29-2012, 03:18 PM   #44  
Chick

Terri, keep at it. You're doing great!!!
Judy
Let's all aim for a :
Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning everyone and happy Friday. Things are busy here and the hubs goes back in for another round of surgery next week... I go for a biopsy today, keeping my fingers crossed. I am trying hard to think healthy and watch what I eat, am not exercising and I feel it! Need to get moving.

So very sorry for being MIA, will try and do better - best wishes to everyone for a great week!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote