Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2003, 05:08 PM   #16  
Proud Canadian

Laura! You just gave the awesomest advice! I'd listen to that jess! Especially the "with you" and "without" you. I love this thread. It was this kind of support that made it so easy for me to leave the ex last fall.

We rock!

KT

Last edited by Horsey girl; 04-11-2003 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-11-2003, 05:48 PM   #17  
Canadian Chick

Popping in for 2 seconds. Things are stressful here. My brother is driving me mad! Basically he sounds like Jess' Aaron. His girl dumped him & he's bawling his eyes out all over the place about how he needs another chance Yet he's had two years to treat her good & never bothered. He hasn't had a steady job the whole time they dated & he's supposed to be on medication for his Bipolar but he coudn't be bothered to take them while he was with her. 6 weeks ago he was telling me how he was going to breake up with her & then never got around to it. She did it first now he thinks he can't live without her! Its driving me crazy! why would anyone want to be witha neddy person whose world revolves around themselves. can't be bothered to work & feels like the worls owes them & all of their problems are b/c they're a victim. He never happy! He finally went out & applied for jobs today thank goodness. DH told him he has 2 months to get his crap together-paying off his bills etc so he can get his own place otherwise were kicking him out. Its so stressful around here. Forget about esting healthy. Is is bad that my sleep is filled with dreams of fighting with my brother & doing things like punching him in the throat or cutting off his tongue?? Argh! I can't wait for him to at least get a job so he's not constantly here. Dh took him to the park to throw a bal around. THey want me to come later & play some b-ball but right now I'm really relishing my time home alone. Anyway sorry about the rant girls! Sounds like there is some major stuff going on in our group. Sorry to hear that. You girls will get through the tough times. We have to right? I miss being here every day. My brother is stying in the room where our computer is & he's pretty much taken it over so I only get a little time here & there. Hopefully that willl change & I can be back more permanently. I reas all the posts even if I don't have time to let you know I'm here or reply to you all. I wish everyone the best. Have good weekend. Take care dear friends!
Old 04-11-2003, 06:17 PM   #18  
A Yankee in Virginia

Rina: I feel your pain. My advice? Be firm about how long you'll let your brother stay with you. My sister moved in with DH and I in Feb. 2002. It was supposed to be for just a few months, until she got on her feet. She had been going through a tough time, dealing with depression, guy problems, etc. I love my sister dearly, so I tried to do what I could She did get a job, but it didn't pay much and pretty much just covered her personal bills (she didn't pay rent). And guess what - she, and her dog, lived with us for a year. Now, there are some things I couldn't complain about. She was great company for me, since DH worked nights, and she helped with the wedding planning. But she also put a strain on our finances (more food, higher utilities, etc.) and drove me crazy frequently. To top it off, her dog peed on the rug all the time and because of it, we didn't get our $500 security deposit back because they had to replace the carpet. It was like we had a teen-ager living with us. But she's 27. So be strong!

Jess: Hang in there. You've gotten some great advice already. Here's my two cents. From what you described, you said you weren't that happy for the two years together, and now you've tried to get him to feel the same as you do and he hasn't shown it until now. I don't think a relationship should ever be that much work. You should be with someone who makes you happy, not someone who sucks the life out of you. (I've had my share of those). I'd say, have fun, meet new people, get to know this new guy. Tell Aaron now YOU need time to figure things out. And were you serious that he might be going to jail?

Well, ladies, I'm outta here. "See" everyone Monday.
Old 04-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #19  
Eve's Mom

Rina and Jess....there has been good advice thus far. I can't really comment on the brother living with you thing but I had b/f's sister for a week and nearly died! Hang in there.

Jess, on the guy thing. I dated the same guy for 8.5 years - I stuck with him because he was "nice" and I thought he'd change. But you know what, I left him 3 years ago and he STILL doesn't have it together. I cut ties with him b/c he'd call and guilt me about leaving him. It was exactly that he didn't really want to live WITH me (cuz he would have done SOMETHING to change) but he just wasn't willing to live WITHOUT me.

Anyway, that is my 2 cents.

I am at home working now, but at least I am comfy and with the dogs. B/f isn't coming home til about 10pm tonight. He jsut left Edmonton, which is about 3.5 hours away...oh well! I should get this work done anyway .

Have a good OP weekend girls. Remember the Canada Day Challenge!!
Closed Thread