Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2003, 10:25 AM   #1  

Default 50 or more pounds week of March 31

If you have 50 or more pounds to lose, this is the group for you! So jump on in and join; you'll be sure to get a warm welcome!

Sure is quiet in here! DH and I had a quiet weekend. Took Dad to San Antonio with us Saturday, and went to a WW mtg. DH lost 3 pounds! And I maintained, so didn't have to pay, but I'm still in the "danger zone," two pounds over goal exactly. Another ounce, and I'd have been over the limit! Gotta work at it this week, as the April WI will be next Saturday already.

JOYce, hope your trip to see your Mom went well; what kind of craft did you and your sister teach?

Nascar Girl, how was the race trip?

Texaslady, hope you and your DD are not having to work too hard on the house.

Carol, my DS says y'all are about to get a cold front in Florida. How are things going with the new job?

Hi Bandit, Hottie, Janet, Wannabme, and Tonya! Hope y'all had a good weekend!

Kelly, Linda, Julie, Sherriann, Loon, and Lilithu, stop in when you can!

Regards,
Jan
Old 03-31-2003, 01:20 PM   #2  

Angry

Hi Janet Mae!

I hope you (and everyone else) had a great weekend-as for me, it was way too short!!

I'm really wanting to drop pounds this week. It seems I lose one pound/stay the same...the next week I lose 1/2 pound....the next week, I stay the same. I know it takes time, but I'm getting frustrated. Should I start weighing only every couple of weeks?

It's Monday and I'm feeling behind in personal/at-home things. At least I have the taxes done, but I'm feeling overwhelmed with house work, yard, etc. I hope I don't turn to food to vent my frustrations!

I hope all of you have a great week!!
see ya soon
Old 03-31-2003, 03:48 PM   #3  

Hi Hottie! Yep, the weekend was way too short, as usual! Re: slow losses, you are describing exactly how my journey was. I don't think weighing every two weeks is necessarily the answer, though I wouldn't advise weighing more often than weekly. All I can say is, you have to be patient on this journey and remember that when weight comes off slowly and steadily, it's likely to STAY off. Focus on enjoying the journey: the way clothes start to fit better, the increased energy, the overall sense of well being as you eat nutritious foods and drink that water. Realize that the numbers on the scale don't tell the whole story of how your body is changing, and how your lifestyle is becoming healthier. Never give up! This time next year, you will be SO glad you stuck with it!

Re: the house work, just take it a little at a time; can you leave the house if you start to feel overwhelmed? Or take a little break to read a health magazine, take a walk, or call a friend?

Sending good vibes your way; I know you can do it!
Regards,
Jan
Old 04-01-2003, 07:03 AM   #4  

Good Morning ladies!!

Well weighed in last night! Lost 1.4 for a total of 12.8!! So that helped with my .4 gain the week before!

Janet Mae - The race is this week, we leave on thursday.. Got new batteries for the pedometer; I assume the settings stayed the same from when I originally set it up; we will see! Still can't find where I put those directions! Maybe age sneaking up on me! I turn the big 40 this month.

Hottie - my leader said last night if you swap up the way that you have been eating that itwill jump start you again; for example eat something different for breakfast; maybe cut back on protein and eat more fruit and veggies. she said we have to add variety and eat desserts too so that we won't go overboard after we have been on this WOE a while. Hope this helps!

Well it is suppose to be in the 80's fo the race so may catch some rays too! This is generally how I get my tan! Can't just lay out in the sun! Here's hoping that all the walking to the track and back and climbing those stairs can help with the wine I'll be consuming! It will be neat to see how this pedometer works to see how many miles I log each day and earn those extra points. I don't see food being the issue really, I will plan our meals and if we eat lunch at the track that will be the only "junk" food I'll have. Track food is about like food at the baseball stadium. Anyway, will try to check in befoe I leave if not, check out the race on Sunday on Fox; I'm on the back streatch were generally if there's a wreck it's back there! I'll be on the top waving at ya! Go 18!!! He's such a cutie pie!
Everyone have a great one!!
Old 04-01-2003, 03:00 PM   #5  

Angry

NascarGirl WHOOOHOOOO!!! Congratulations on your weight loss!! that is GREAT!!
Thanks for sharing what your leader said. I think I just have to realize it is going to take my body a lot longer to lose for some reason. I do go to the gym 5 days a week and have been lifting weights, too....I just want to see a little more come off, that's all....BUT...like JanetMae said, this time next year, I'll be glad I didn't give up.

That's the "key" I think. To just keep plugging away at it. It's a lifestyle change, after all/not a "fix" ..something I will live with the rest of my life!

Happy Birthday early NascarGirl!! the big 4-0! I hope this is your best year EVER!
Have fun at the race!!

Janet Mae: thanks for the support....I just need to write out all I need to get done (I don't ordinarily do that)...that may help lessen some of my 'urgency' I'm feeling.

I hope you all are having a great week so far....as for me, I'm glad to have warmer weather-I am spring dreaming right!
Old 04-01-2003, 04:55 PM   #6  

Nascar Girl, WAY TO GO on the 1.4 lost! You're doing great. I like your suggestion about variety; we sometimes get stuck in a rut, like having Kashi for breakfast and Boca burgers for lunch, over and over! Tried something different last night, though, to go with the chicken DH grilled (yum). Made quinoa with shallots, garlic, asparagus, and mushrooms, cooked in chicken broth. Not bad! We had the leftovers for lunch.

Hottie, you are so right, it's not a quick fix, but a lifetime change. Sometimes DH and I talk about the way we'd do things "before" WW, and we just shake our heads, wondering, what were we thinking? Even though we're still not perfectly on program every day, we've changed so much in our lives for the better. DH is a slow loser too, like me, but he's lost over 50 pounds so far and kept them off.

Have had a good OP day so far. Planning a sunset walk with DH tonight, and a lowfat homemade pizza for dinner.

Anyone have any special Easter plans? We're thinking about going to the beach, but there will be so many spring breakers there ... haven't decided yet.

Hope everyone' s having a great week!
Jan
Old 04-02-2003, 09:36 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Was down 2.8# on Mon night & walked total of 14 miles.
Did 4 miles yesterday & another 2 miles this a.m. before work.

Will post more later - bye for now.
Old 04-02-2003, 04:28 PM   #8  

Woohoo, Bandit, you are an inspiration! Congrats on the 2.8 loss, and all those miles too!
Old 04-03-2003, 07:32 AM   #9  

Morning all! Well we are getting ready to leave today for the races, it may rain but ya never know!

Bandit - you go girl! That is a wonderful loss! The exercise is soo great! It generally takes a while to kick in but you will probably see a continued loss with that kinda exercise.

Hottie Thanks for the B-Day wishes! I think I'm already seeing the signs of the big 4-0! can't seem to remember anything Great job on the work out too! Just remember you will be building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat so it may not seem like a large loss but you are toning up and getting fit!

Janet Mae - Thanks so much for the encouragement! The Beach ....... I wish I could go there on the weekends! The closes beach to us is Panama City and it's about 5 hrs away; I'm sure it's wrapped up with the spring breakers!

Well gotta go get ready and eat breakfast so we can load the old camper up! Everyone have a great weekend!
Old 04-03-2003, 07:57 AM   #10  

HI mind if I join you. I have 50 plus pounds and looking for a new group to call home.

I am mom of 1 and work full time. Will be 36 later this year.

Doing WW and already down 18 pounds since Feb. 03

Gotta run to work.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:04 PM   #11  

Welcome Bluvsu! Way to go on your 18 pound loss!!That's wonderful progress in such a short time. You started almost exactly where I did, I notice. Where are you from?

Hi Nascar Girl! I guess you are already on the way to the race ... have a terrific time! Happy birthday!

Same old same old down our way. Gorgeous weather. Am having some trouble staying out of the kitchen at night, but am working on it. We decided to go to South Padre for Easter, in spite of all the spring breakers; may go shopping in Mexico too. Guess I'd better start saving up some points so I can have a margarita!

Hi to everybody ... tgif, tomorrow!
Old 04-04-2003, 05:44 AM   #12  

Angry

TGIF, everyone!
I hope you ALL have a great weekend...let's see: "race and beach" getaways-sound FUN to me!!
Not much to report-welcome Bluvsu2
I have had a horendously-busy week, but I've done pretty well about not overeating.
Thanks to each of you for being so encouraging! I try to get on pretty regularly-just cuz you don't see me, doesn't mean I don't wanna be here!

Have a FUN and safe weekend!
Old 04-04-2003, 01:52 PM   #13  

HAPPY FRIDAY GIRLS!

Welcome Bluvsu2! This is a great group and I think you will find a lot of inspiration and support here...along with some great friends!

Tuesday was my third weigh-in. I lost 3.5 for a total of 12. So far so good. This week has been a little tougher for some reason. Most days I eat close to the top of my points so it's not that I'm not getting enough food. I have just felt like eating all the time. I've kept a grip on myself so far, and hopefully this urge will pass.

Nascar Girl, I guess you are at the races now. Have a great time!! There are usually a lot of people from my office who go, but I haven't heard anyone mention it this year. Congrats on your weight loss and happy 40th birthday this month. I celebrated that birthday a few years ago so I understand completely about "forgetting" things.

Hottie, I just love your name!! That's how we should all think of ourselves. I can relate to what you were talking about in an earlier post about feeling behind and overwhelmed. I have felt that way these last couple of weeks and that may be one reason I have had the urge to "graze" all day. We are in the process of redoing some rooms in my house, and now everyone in the neighborhood is outside working in their flower beds and mowing their yards and I feel torn and overwhelmed about what I need to work on. I just try to deal with those things like my weight loss...small, steady, continuous steps...and eventually I'll reach my goal.

Bandit, way to go on your loss!! You are an inspiration to us all. I still haven't gotten into a walking routine, but that is one of my goals for next week.

Jan, please congratulate your DH for me on his weight loss. He is doing terrific! South Padre for Easter sounds great. I've never been there but have heard how beautiful it is. DD's boyfriend wrote to me and asked my persmission to propose to DD this summer when he gets home. He wants to go somewhere special to ask her and one of the places he mentioned was South Padre Island. That may be a little bit too far for them to travel, but someone in his barracks was from near there and had been talking about it.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. There is never enough time on the weekends to get everything I want to get done. This weekend I'm going to concentrate on painting. We are painting our dining room a deep purple...something I hope I don't end up regretting. Not that there is anything good about divorce, but that is one of the benefits of not being married anymore and having two girls in the house...we can paint our dining room purple...something I would never have been able to do if I was still married. DD's bathroom is going to be a deep, hot pink color and we are thinking about a deep yellow/gold color glaze for the den. DD's boyfriend is going to FREAK when he gets home.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Janet (Kudzu)
Old 04-04-2003, 03:57 PM   #14  

Janet, congrats on your 12 pounds lost! Wow! Doin' the happy dance for you! Re; S Padre, do you want me to mail you some brochures for your DD and future S-I-L? (Great news! I know how much you like him, and he sounds like such a wonderful guy.) I love the colors you chose for your house; I need to be a little more daring with ours, too! Purple is my favorite color, I do believe!

Hottie, WTG on staying OP during your busy week! Hope you have a great weekend too!

Not much news here. I did a couple of miles this morning on the road, and really enjoyed all the wildflowers; they are prettier than they've been in years! DH's allergies are really acting up, though, as all the oak trees are shedding pollen like mad (and we live in an oak grove too). I miss his company on my walks, but hopefully he'll be able to venture outside soon!

Everybody keep on keeping on, and have a fun weekend, or at least a relaxing one!
Old 04-05-2003, 10:42 AM   #15  

Angry

HELLO ALL!
I can never remember what everyone says...I read all of your posts, but then I forget what I was going to say as I start typing! DUH-I am still getting used to this message board-stuff!

Kudzu-
Thanks for liking my name-yes, I thought it was funny....I even use locker #10 at the gym, because "I AM A 10"

I would like to have the true confidence that comes from "hottie" so someday/someday....

Sounds like everyone's did really REALLY well this week!! As long as we continue to lose, it is SUCH an inspiration to all of us! I didn't weigh t
Closed Thread