Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 03:50 PM   #16  
Inchworm

Hi all!
I went to the WW meeting this morning even though I knew I had gained. I didn't realize that I had gained back all I have lost this time! But had found 9 weeks of coupons that are paid for, so went back with determination.
Her topic was "There are 2 kinds of people to be seen;
Those who lift and those who lean."
I'm definitely a 'leaner' these days. You gals are teh 'lifters' (encourageres)
Thanks for being here.
Old 04-06-2003, 11:43 AM   #17  

gmalil,

I'm sorry you have regained your weight...you are STILL working on making your body healthier!! Sometimes it takes a long time to try and try and try. The KEY is to not give up!!
I first signed up for this message board last year and it has taken me well over a year of still working with my head to start to lose again.

ANYTHING you do to help your body become healthier is a GREAT thing! We all are going to have weeks where we lose nothing, maybe gain some...or lose very little.

The key is to KEEP at it! Our bodies go through cycles and water/hormones/even some days we need and crave more food...others, we don't.

It's so easy to become discouraged, I KNOW! but you are "here" and someone on this board has a signature about "this time next year, you'll be glad you started" that is VERY true! No matter "how much" you lose, you will be glad you didn't give up!

Hang in there!!

P.S...for everyone--I had a very long post yesterday/half of it got cut off ...I think I double-clicked the post and it said that i can't post 2 times within a minute! HA! told you I was still learning!
Old 04-06-2003, 12:26 PM   #18  

Hi JOYce! Good for you, going to that meeting in spite of gaining; you should be proud of yourself! Hottie is so right, you are working to become healthier, and that's what counts, not just the number on the scale. With your energy and determination, I know you'll make it! Just hang in there and remember, you deserve the best in life, and you are worth all the effort and planning that it takes to follow program. My cousin once told me, years ago when I was at my heaviest, that God wants the best for us, a happy and healthy life. Somehow that really touched me. So when I started my journey, I would often pray for strength and guidance, and it really helped. Just a thought!

Hottie, I just love your enthusiasm and spirit! You're so right about keeping at it; it took me well over two years to lose 100 pounds, but it was SO worth it! I just know you'll make your goals too!

Having a quiet Sunday here. It's rainy but pleasant, and I'm stuck inside all day getting stuff ready for a workshop tomorrow. Am heading to the school gym now for my walk; I'm determined not to miss a day the rest of this month, and also to do my weights every other day.

Hope everyone's having a great Sunday!
Old 04-06-2003, 07:52 PM   #19  

Angry

JanetMae-103 pounds!! WOW!! that is AMAZING!! I guess I didn't really look at your signature before! You are SUCH an inspiration for all of us! AND proof that it CAN be done! WOW!

Hope this coming week is a good one for everyone!
Old 04-06-2003, 10:35 PM   #20  
Inchworm

Default hangin' in

hottie and Jan Thanks for the encouragement, you are true 'lifters'.
hottie , You are so right about Jan being an amazing person! I had the JOY of meeting her last year, and as we visited, she shared a picture of herself before she lost the weight. What a difference!!
dh and I have been working on the trailer today, looks like we will really get away next weekend!
Old 04-07-2003, 03:02 AM   #21  

Hottie and JOYce, y'all are making me blush ... but thank you, that's so sweet.

JOYce, I'm so glad that you'll be able to get away for a little holiday next weekend! Be sure to tell us all about it! Will it involve any fishing?

Well, here it is 2 in the morning, and I'm still up working on this danged project. I'm just a really slow worker sometimes! But since it's already Monday morning, I will go ahead and start our next week's thread ... see you there!
Old 04-08-2003, 10:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone:

Didn't have a good w/i - was up 1.6# but I know why. Had 2 dinners out & ate too much bread & didn't drink enough water.
Did 12 miles of my tape (down from 14 the week before) So I will have to do better this week.

Congrats on all your weight losses & on programme work.

Bye for now.
Closed Thread