Old 10-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi everyone

Taylor - thanks for the recipes, I really like pumpkin so will give those a try.

Princess - yes, I got a great tan and I know it isn't good for you, but I feel & look so much better all tanned up. Nice job on making the soup, good to have on hand.

Judy - congrats on your weight loss this week, keep it up!

I am still OP and have Zumba tonight, so looking forward to that.

I am also getting in the mood to do some fall cooking. I have 2 invites
for potlucks & one is this Sat and am going to take a veggie casserole &
light dessert (any suggestions for dessert) Seen some recipes for a dump cake which sound easy enough.

All - goodluck at the scales.
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:33 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone - another rainy and chilly day here, tomorrow it is supposed to dry up and I am ready for that to happen! I ran errands yesterday on the wetest day of the week and it was not fun at all but I got it all done so today I can hang here at the house and get on my treadmill for my last chance workout before W/I tonight.

The scale is not looking real good... I will hope for the best though and keep at it. Not sure what I am doing wrong but will take a look at everything and come up with a game plan to get things moving hopefully.

I have to run, have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:00 AM   #18  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Taylor - funny.....my husband LOVES both of those too! He actually asks me to make the muffins. haha! He usually doesn't "ask" for ANYTHING that has to do with POINTS! lol! I lost 68# on WW ONLINE! Love having the etools. The only reason I started going to the meetings was for a girlfriend that felt she needed them but didn't want to go alone. Soooo, I up'ed my membership and I went. She quit 6 months later!

Princess - Good Luck WI today!

Bandit - Hope you had a great Zumba workout. I love Zumba too! I went with my teenage daughters......I haven't been going lately.....These old bones are starting to feel it!

Judy - 1# is good !!!!!!! I was looking at your tracker and you have lost so much! Yay!

Cherry - Hope you're having a good week!

I'm sorry if I missed anybody! Have a great day! Here's to a great OP day!!!!

Jeanne
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:07 AM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yesterday turned out to be good, but crazy so I couldn't get back here. But now here I am.
Taylor---I'm buying spice cake mix to try the muffins. They sound amazing and I'm having friends in for our monthly meeting Monday night. Would be perfect for them. I like that your kitchen is "screaming fall". What a gret thought. Weigh to go on trying new foods, posting recipes, and getting in your

Jar, whew! A job in a chocolate store. That's a lot to deal with. Home alone and snacking? I know what that feels like. Sometimes I think I think if dh doesn't see it, the points plus don't count. Doesn't work. Very smart for you to count in the snacks and take them from bonus points. That's what WW's wants you to do and you'll still lose weight as long as you're accountable.

Princess, good luck with your WI tonight . : I hope you're able to take care of the leaks in the basement. I think it's great you're working on Christmas presents already. Knitting is so sociable in a group.

Cherry, onward and downward. : for you and your great little family.

Life, keep on keepin' on. Your work uses your muscles and that's great Sending you :

Terri, you're still at the I don't think I can do Zumba----even the fat burning exercises are a bit too much for me on my DVD. I can do the toning since it's slow stretches and light weights.

Bandit, another OP day! Yay. It's fabulous to eat well and exercise at the same time. That's what does the trick.

I had a good food day yesterday. My df made a nice and figure friendly lunch which worked out fine. I got my fruit and yogurt in and that was a good idea. Today scale looks fine----I didn't gain from eating at her place.
Today is a run-around day, but I've got my food planned and that will help. I also want to get some exercise in .

Gotta run. just wanted to say hi. I watched the DVD'd Biggest Loser last night. They're losing 4-20#/week and I'm losing 1# /week. But when I see how the trainers work them so hard, I know I couldn't/wouldn't want to do that. I am proud of them for getting their weight off and the end of the program in Dec. is a great goal time for us.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Judy
234.6/185.4/179 and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:44 AM   #20  

There are so many new posts. Dont think I can reply to everyone but I will give it a shot.

Judy- You are doing great with your weightloss. You always have such encouraging and supportive things to say to everyone.

Jar- I have a hard time sneaking food in when my DH is gone to. Like Judy says you think you get away with it just cause no one sees but the scale knows.

Bandit- Great Job staying on points. Have fun with Zumba. I always tell myself I am going to give Zumba a try some day probably from the safety of my own home.

Princess- Hope your weigh in is kind tonight.

Taylor- So glad you got yourself a goodnight sleep.

Life - As Dorie on Finding Nemo says "Just keep swimming, Just keep Swimming" You will get things turned around. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Terri- How have things been for you this week? Hope you have a great weekend.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 12:09 PM   #21  

Hi turtles:

I usually have Fri off but we have 2 people away tomorrow so I am off today
& working tomorrow. It is cool & overcast & we had lots of rain overnight.

I was thinking of making the pumpkin muffins today but not sure of what
size can of pumpkin to use & is the pumpkin "pure" or pie filling. These are probably stupid questions, but I am not a baker so need your help.

I have my w/i tonight & should be down abit. Have stayed completely OP
since Mon and got in my Zumba last night. Tonight after Tops I am going
10 pin bowling with the ladies - that is always a hoot.

Judy - glad you are staying on track and doing so well with your new programme

Jar - yes Zumba is a good workout, only thing I don't like is it is hard to
see what instructor is doing at times and for the hour she just keeps moving
and we have to try and follow what she is doing. BUt it is fun.

Cherry - nice to see you chiming in when you can

Princess - good luck tonight at your weigh in!

All - hope you are all doing well.
Old 10-20-2011, 04:31 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 196/185/172 then will reaccess

Height: 5'9

hey bandit just replying quick as I'm headed back to work.. I used the pure pumpkin and large can - 796ml I think.. also I omitted the water and used half cup unsweetened applesauce - mmmmm mmmm good..

hope to reply later if not everyone have a great day!!!
Taylorsjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 07:04 PM   #23  
Chick

Hi TUrtles,
My store didn't have spice cake mix, but the calories on carrot cake mix weren't any worse than the other mixes, so I'm substituting that instead. I'm excited to give this recipe a try. Thanks Taylor for the head's up. I've got my pumpkin and applesauce and I think i"ll bake tomorrow and freeze for my MOnday night meeting. Sounds like a plan. Dh and I have a few nice things coming up and we're busy, but having fun. Just takes a lot more planning to get everything in. Got to grocery shopping today, the post office to mail packages to grandchildren, two places to order food----I don't cook for the Halloween party----it got to be too much what with last minute touches and decorating and getting into costume----so we have the food delivered. It works out great. What is so weird is that when I cook, it's more expensive since I make so much more than I need.

Bandit, good luck at your WI!!!!

Everybody keep on keepin' on! I am so impressed with all our efforts.
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner. Oh just think.......I could be out of the 180's in 6 weeks. That would be heavenly. In 3# I'll be the lowest I've ever been in WW's in years. Yay! and
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all... super cold here today, in the 30's this morning... burrrrr! I need to get my housework and laundry done this morning then I am off to the doctor for a yearly physical which I am kind of nervous about, never thrilled with going to any doctor for some reason.

We are dog sitting for a friend this weekend, she is a 16 lb Boston Terrier named Roxie and a ball of energy... LOL, our German Shep loves her though and is looking forward to having a playmate so it should be an interesting weekend. We are also going to a pumpkin patch with D-GS to get his very first pumpkin on Sunday so that should be fun.

Went to W/I last night and was very happy... I was down 3.6 lbs... yah! So I will keep doing what I am doing and hopefully things will continue to move along.

I sure hope that everyone has a great weekend!
Old 10-21-2011, 09:16 AM   #25  
Chick

Princess, all that energy and devotion and hard work paid off! :
Oh, i am sooooooooooooo glad you had a great WI.

Yesterday was a good day for me. I got a little "snacky" at night, but no real damage. Today will be real busy----gotta clean house and then get Halloween boxes, etc. Then we're going to get my dh's birthday present.
All good things-----except the dusting. I hate to dust. I don't even mind sweeping too much----oh, who am I kidding? I really don't like to houseclean. Lol
Anyway-----everybody have a great day. I posted my weight loss on the Friday WI.

Take it easy and have a great weekend.
Judy
234.6/185.2/179 and thinner
Old 10-21-2011, 10:29 AM   #26  

Hi turtles

Taylor - I ended up making the muffins before I seen your reply
and used regular can of pumpkin pie filling & 1 cup water and they
were very moist - almost too much, but tasted good. So next time
I will follow your instructions with less moisture - definately a recipe
to make regularly, thanks!

Princess - OMG what a fabulous loss! Your efforts are paying off, keep
up the good work.

Judy - glad to hear you are staying on track. I am with you on the dusting,
just seems like such a waste of time, my least favorite thing to to.

I was down 1# last night & bowling afterwards was fun.

Have a good Friday!
Old 10-21-2011, 11:37 AM   #27  

Wow Turtles everyone is doing great!

Princess- Wow you are doing great. Keep up that good work. That is a great loss.

Judy - Great job on the loss this week. I wish I was at 185. (havent been there for 8 yrs. right before I got married.) And so proud of your only 3# to go till new territory on the weight loss.

Bandit- Great job on the pound down. I havent been bowling in forever. Sounds like fun. My DH and I use to go bowling with a group while we were dating. Lots of good memories.

Also a hello to Taylor, Lot2go, and Jar.

I will be back on early this evening with the update on my weightloss this week. Or maybe I will wait till Saturday not sure.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:22 PM   #28  
Chick

Bandit, another good :. Weigh to go! I like to bowl and need to remember that fun activities count as too!

Cherry, you're getting there and you'll be at 185# before you know it. Remember, you were my inspiration to try some other program once I wasn't working WW's very well. I'm so glad about that! :smile:

Okay,
Dusing done. Halloween boxes from shed and into house and all boxes unpacked. Now dh and I are probably looking at another 2-3 hours of work to "fine tune" the decorations, but it's a massive amount done. Ever notice the "doing" of something takes much less time than the "procrastinating and whining" over it? That's me, at least.

Gotta run and grab a shower before we go shopping. Have a great WI and let's keep on going. We're doing great.

Seabiscuit, any chance you might like to join our challenge? Love to see you.

Judy
Old 10-22-2011, 07:19 AM   #29  

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday morning to you all! I think that it is supposed to be cool but sunny here today so we will be taking the dogs out for a walk this afternoon and I am going to go and meet D-DIL for an aquafit class this morning.

I went to my doctor yesterday for my first yearly physical with him, I need to go and have a bunch of blood work next week and we are going to try a few things for some of the issues that I seem to be having but overall he said that I am in pretty good shape so that is one thing off of my check list.

Looks like everyone did really well this week for their weight loss! How wonderful is that!?!?!?!

I don't have time for personal posts this morning but will try and get back on this evening when things calm down here. Take care and have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Princess1122; 10-23-2011 at 06:56 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:05 AM   #30  
Chick

Princess, so glad you got to doc and he says things look good. Always nice to hear.

Got a little snacky because of emotions last night. Need to keep my head on track. Nothing bad, but I don't want to start a cycle of mindless eating and get away from my good habits.

Have a great day everyone. We've got dd and dgs coming to spend the day, then dh and I are heading to local college to hear Debbie Boone. She's got some swing songs and hopefully it will be fun.

You all take care. Be well and happy and keep on keepin' on!
Judy