#262 Bale of Turtles Saying Good Bye to Summer - Page 4 - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 09-19-2011, 10:51 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! The weekend was ok but I ate too many calories each day... I will keep trying to improve. Rainy here today, very gloomy outside, it would have been a great day to just stay home and curl up with my knitting or a good book

Lots2go: Welcome! Very glad to have you with us. I turn 49 at the end of this week, have two adult boys and a wonderful grandson that was just born this year and this is my first grandbaby so he is very spoiled. I am a project coordinator and mostly do consulting work these days and am getting ready to take a little time off starting at the end of this month. I have gained and lost a lot of weight over the years, was very close to goal weight but I blew out a disk in my neck a few years ago and gained most of my weight back so I am back on the wagon again, struggling most days but I am here until i get it right. I live in Indiana now, moved here from the east coast in the mid 90's and have been here ever since. Again, welcome to our group!

Bandit: Sounds like you had a good weekend with your daughter, very happy that you enjoyed your time together, it sounds like you two have a wonderful relationship! I enjoyed that movie too, thought that the maid of honor was a bit sad, she just could not seem to catch a break LOL, but DH and I enjoyed it. We watched one on TV over the weekend "Here After" with Matt Damon, that was a slow moving movie and not a very exciting one but it was not terrible either.

Judy: We used to go to AC all the time when I was a young adult, it was only about 2 hours from us so we would head over there on weekends. What fun that you and your DH got to go and great job with packing your food and planning ahead!

Cherry; How was your weekend?

Terri: Glad to see you back online and glad that you are feeling better, I hate the pulled muscles! Wonderful that you and your walking partner and getting back into the swing of it!

Life: How are you doing?

Seabiscuit: Hope you are doing well, stop by and post when you can!

Have a great day all!

Last edited by Princess1122; 09-19-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lots2go View Post
wow, that's totally my story! I'm 31 and I have 4 who are 2, 4, 6, and 8 and I've been married 10 years are you having any more babies??
I still dream of having another girl because I have 1 girl and 2 boys but I think mentally these three are all I can handle. That is neat that we are so close in age and have kids the same age.

Hello to all the other turtles. Hope this is a great day for everyone. Keep tracking, get in your water, and keep on keepin' on.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:51 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Welcome Lots2go - great group here, hop right in!

So is anyone/everyone ready for a new season of Biggest Loser (starts tomorrow) Maybe we should have our own challenge starting with them,
anyone iinterested?
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 206/189.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for all the warm welcomes

bandit2--I'm very interested in a little challenge! I need all the motivation I can get lol

Cherry--I've got 2 and 2. I knew I wanted 4 and that I wanted them before I was 30. After number 3 I lost about 45 pounds and was at pre-wedding weight! It was really hard to go ahead and get pg with number 4 knowing all that hard work would be shot....and it was so here I am, where I started after number 3. I was afraid though that if I didn't do it I would regret it....so I figured...if I did it once, I could do it again so here I am lol...

itryharder--wow 45 years!! That's HUGE in today's society congratulations! I'm planning to be there one day!

terri-sounds like you're busy busy!

I did boot camp this morning. I do it Monday, Wednesday and Friday for 45 minutes each time. and then on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday I run. I'm actually training for my first 1/2 marathon. I started running in April and although I NEVER thought I'd say this...I actually have grown to like it. I'm not a summer girl, and this summer was particularly hot here in Oklahoma. Record heat in fact, so running this summer was tough, something I didn't like in weather I hated! Thankfully though it's cooling off and getting more bearable.
I've done good so far today with my eating, and have already had all my water for today! So excited about that Now, just 8 more hours till bedtime, I can do it!! lol, have a great Monday!!
lots2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 01:47 PM   #50  

Just a question....
What are some of your staple items? What do you always have in your fridge/pantry that help keep your points down. Other than fruits and veggies. I went grocery shopping yesterday and wasn't really sure what to buy, i took my calculator and figured points, and got lots of fruit and veggies. but i know there are secrets out there that i don't know yet thanks!
Old 09-19-2011, 01:53 PM   #51  

Bandit: I am up for a challenge! What are we going to do, any suggestions?
Old 09-19-2011, 10:47 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hi. I am back from Fl it was nice. Even though I think I gained weight. I just haven't had the energy to weigh in yet. I made it to the pool. It was good. So yeah trying to get back on track. Not looking so good right now. Hope everyone is well.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:55 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Bandit haven't ever watched Biggest Loser but what he heck!!!! We can use a fall challenge. What are the rules/challenges?

I went to Aquafit last night, great instructor!!! Getting ready to go for morning walk before getting reay for work. Overate yesterday, too much sugar!!!! Will be better today, need more water.

Lets get at it!!!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:39 AM   #54  

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Cloudy, foggy day here after a very rainy one yesterday, but dryer cooler temps are on the way according to the weather man.

I snacked too much last night, just way over tired I think and I was just not smart enough to go to bed! today is a new day though and we are chugging along.

Bandit: So what is the plan for our challenge? I will try and tune into TBL tonight, should be fun to watch!

I hope everyone is doing well, have a great day all!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:46 AM   #55  

Good Tuesday Morning!!!

Hope everyone is off to a great start! I did well with my eating yesterday I stayed within my daily points! Thats the first time I've done it. Trying to make a plan for today. It's tough, I'm almost scared to eat, afraid I'll end up having too many in the morning and none left for dinner Looks like a banana and apple are in my near future Have a great day! Can't wait to hear how everyone is doing!
Old 09-20-2011, 09:03 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Glad to see you all posting here. Maybe for our challenge we would make
ourselves accountable for: keep food journal, get in exercise 3x/week,
try 1 new meal/recipe per week within our points/calorie range, drink our water and give/receive inspiratoin from our members (which we already do)
Any suggestions from you guys would be great. I just thought since BL was
starting it would give us all a kick in the butt to get going again. I know
I have slacked off towards end of summer. New season - lets get it done.

Nice & sunny today!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:38 AM   #57  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Bandit, I'll set my DVR to Biggest Loser. Haven't watched in several seasons, but knowing you're doing it and we're all in this together sounds like a great idea!
I love your challenge. I'm adding another small goal for myself. Between now the end of this season's Biggest Loser, I will be down 4#. Love the exercise idea and the other challenges you sent. Count me in! And by the way, my butt is still smarting from the kick you sent to get us starting. Thanks!
Gotta run----dh is coming down the stairs and I'm leaving to go to book club in 20-minutes, so I'll sign off now. When I get a minute, I'll start a new thread. Good to have this site hopping!
Judy
234.6/192/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #58  

Lots2go- You asked about staples we use other than fruits and vegetables. Well i like the Whole Wheat Thin buns, also F.F cottage cheese, and Laughing Cow or WW cheese wedges. I also like the Morning star Black bean burgers and Veggie burgers. It just depends what you like. Also with cold weather coming I like light soups in several different brands.

Life4evr- Good to see ya back.

To everyone else I have missed. I see you are working on a challenge. Not sure if I am up to it or not but I will see. Hope everyone is doing good.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #59  
Chick

Hi Gals,
I'm home. I'll start a new thread. See you all at #263 Bale of Turtles Facing a Challenge.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote