Old 09-08-2011, 09:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - Thanks for the info & you are doing great. I find doing same things too long puts us in a position to plateau & stall with our efforts. We all need
to change things up either with our menus or exercise, so good for you for putting that into action.

Life - Great you stayed OP and tracking. I find journalling EVERYTHING really helps although by the end of the day sometimes it isn't pretty, but being
accountable is key.

Been on track this week but really not looking forward to scales tonight.
I will definately be up from my last weigh in which was almost a month ago.
But our leader sent us email this a.m. which was motivating and basically
sets us for "New season - let get back on track" which I need.
I find the support from meetings as well as from all you gals very helpful,
thanks!

Good luck everyone!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 11:06 AM   #17  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Life4evr, weigh to go on tracking. I hear you about increased gym costs and the student connection. What I love is that my library has millions of DVD tapes for exercise, etc. and my Netflix streaming has the same thing. I need to get back into regular walking now that the weather has broken.

Bandit, good luck at the WI. My WW mtg. was almost a "welcome back" kind of meeting. Lots of people who hadn't been there over the summer were back. You've done great this summer and always know what you need to do to stay on track. Good for you! A new start is the way to go. Thanks for the endorsement about my leaving WW plan for a bit. I know it will be the way to go for maintenance, but right now I needed a much bigger help and more restrictive menu than I had been allowing myself. I've broken the plateau already and now I can't wait to get into the 180's.

You guys have been with me every step of the way and I really appreciate all the support and help you've been -----especially on those days when I wanted to throw in the towel.

Onward and Downward. We're doing this.

Princess, hope you're feeling better.
and and to Terri, Cherry, and Seabiscuit. We are great !
Judy
234.6/193/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 PM   #18  

Hi - just got in a 2 mile walk at lunch!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:18 PM   #19  
Chick

Bandit! Weigh to go!

Dh and I are back from errands. We got in 1 1/2miles on the boardwalk. Gorgeous weather here.
Judy
We're doing this!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi all, just a quick stop by... I am super sick with this cold and getting ready to pack it in for the day and head home to bed. Did not go to TOPS last night was just too sick, i did get on the scale though and was so ashamed of the number that I saw... ugh, I really need to get it together! But for now it is home to bed. Have a good weekend all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:58 AM   #21  
Chick

Princess, feel better. Get some good rest and we'll see you on Monday.
All Turtles,
Chime in when you can. I've got a challenge tonight. I'll be eating off program, so I'll have to watch the amounts. I'm hosting friends in for dinner tonight. I've selected food that I can have. I'm trying a zucchini/watermelon salad. I'll let you know if it's a wash or a keeper. Wish me luck!!!!!
Judy
234.6/193/180's and thinner
Old 09-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Hope everyone had a good day. Well I didn't do so hot today. I haven't really tracked. Tends to happen when I am not eating regualr meals. I woke up feeling sick so I wasn't hungry by the time I made it out and running my errands I was starving. So it wasn't pretty in the grocery store. I am coming down with some respiratory stuff. Well one day of tracking and one day of not tracking. Seems to be the bad habit I need to break. Hope everyone has a good weekend. One of my cousin's wedding is tomorrow. Then we are off to FL for like a week. So I probably wont be around much next week.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 11:03 PM   #23  
Chick

Sending you : for you week away, Life4evr. Glad you tracked for part of the week. You can do this!
Judy
234.6/192.8/180's and thinner
Old 09-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #24  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all. Finally starting to feel better, got a bit of rest this weekend so that helped. I hope that everyone has a great week!
Old 09-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #25  
Chick

good to hear you're feeling better Princess.
: to all of us and for following a program. We can do this!
Judy
Old 09-12-2011, 02:01 PM   #26  

Hi turtles:

Princesss - glad you are feeling better!

Life - have a great holiday.

Judy - how's it going with you?

Well, as expected I was up at my meeting Thurs = 2#
so hoping to drop that quickly. Had a great weekend - went to my dd
in Tor & got my hair done & stayed overnight which was fun. Got in lots
of walking which was good for me.

Gorgeous day up here today but apparently they are calling for rain tomorrow.
Oh well, enjoying the sun while it lasts.

Hope we all have a great week!~
Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM   #27  
Chick

Bandit, 2# up isn't bad. Look at your overall weight loss. Weigh to go!

I'm doing okay. It looks like I haven't lost anything this week which is always disappointing and makes me want to eat. I know that's wacky, so I'm trying really hard not to eat.

: to us all!
Judy
Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 AM   #28  

Ugh, I just had this huge post done and lost it all! Will try this again!

Things are chugging along here for me, did some yard work and gardening last night along with a couple of laps around the park with the dogs, they loved that!

I have not been to W/I for two weeks now but expect to get there this week so we will see how it goes. The scale is still way up but that is expected so will keep working at it!

Cherry: How are you doing?

Terri: How are things up your way?

Judy: Totally understand how you feel... I hope your week improves and that you are able to find a happy place and have a loss this week.

Bandit: I agree with Judy, you have done so well that 2 lbs will come off quickly but I also understand how you feel, a gain is a gain and never fun! I am reading a book right now "The Winter Sea" by Susanna Kearsley and it is very good!

Life: How are you doing?

All: I know I am forgetting some and I am sorry about that! I hope that everyone has a great day!
Old 09-13-2011, 02:57 PM   #29  
Chick

always good to hear from you, Princess. We can do this!
Judy
Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #30  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all. It is a very pretty and cool morning here in Indiana today, rain heading our way but we need it and hopefully it will help to give us a pretty fall this year. Last year we were so dry that everything just died and we had little to no color at all on the trees for the Autumn.

Hard to believe that there is Christmas stuff in the stores already, wow, where did this year go!?!? The holidays will be very low key for us this year, the DGS will be too little to really understand what is going on so we will let his mom and dad tell us what to get for him (basically what they need LOL) and with me taking some time off from work we will keep the rest very low budget.

Got a little bit more work done in the veggie garden last night, I have two tomato plants and one green pepper plant that are still doing well enough to leave them for now but the rest were either done for the season or just not producing healthy produce so they all got pulled.

I have started making a list of things that I want to get done while I am off from work, things around the house, etc. so that I have a minor game plan in place to keep me busy and hopefully out of the kitchen as much as possible. And also am ordering up some books from the library to have on hand, there are some that have quiet a long waiting line so as they become available I will have something to read along with my Christmas knitting that I am way behind on.

Got on the scale this morning and it is starting to go down a bit, but to be honest I am counting calories instead of points this week to see if that will help. I love WW but have not really loved the new points + plan as much as I thought I would and I obviously was just not working the plan correctly because it was not pulling me in like the old plan did. I dug out my biggest loser books to see if I can find some new recipe and lunch ideas that are healthy and lower calories.

DH and I got our results back from the heart scan... not sure if I mentioned this or not so I apologize if I am repeating myself... mine was a 2.78 which is ok... DH was 102.0 which the people that did the scan said was not to aweful bad but once the results were sent to our doctors office they called DH right away to set up an appointment... we both have physicals set up for the end of next month but they wanted him in sooner. He goes in tomorrow so we are anxious to see what the doctor is going to say about that... I hope that the number is something that can be lowered but it is a calcium score in the heart so I am not sure how they treat it but I am sure he will be told to lose weight, quit smoking, and get his butt up and moving... none of which is a bad thing and may be the wake up call that is needed. We will see.

Ok, I have rambled on long enough, hope everyone has a great day and I will post a recipe or two if I get a chance.