Old 07-29-2011, 10:26 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Cherry: Thanks and I am so glad to hear that you found a plan that works for you and that makes you feel better too... how awesome is that! Have a great weekend and keep at it, you are doing soooo good!

Judy: Congrats on your .8 this week... that really is fabulous with all of this heat and everything that you have going on!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2011, 11:44 AM   #47  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Cherry, keep up the good work! You're doing great. : carbs are such a strong pull-----glad you've found a program that is working with you individually and helping you lose weight. Yay.

Princess, : Yay-
what a great weight loss.
Sorry about your dh's brother. He'll be glad to see you both. Hope you get some rest o Sunday.

We're having our mystery luau party this Saturday. I'll be heading out in the rain to get groceries and do some early prep. The food should be simple and it's only 9 people, so not much to worry about. Need to tighten up again today----take out last two nights----didn't overdo, but the salt, etc. adds up to weight retention for me. Okay, everybody have a wonderful weekend. Let's keep on doing this.

Terri, hope you're enjoying your holiday.

Princess, thinking of you and wishing you well.

Life4evr, keep on keepin' on.

Best to Pat and the other Turtles who have joined us over the years.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner by 9/1
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:20 AM   #48  

Good morning everyone and happy Saturday! We had a rain storm move thru here last night... yah! We were supposed to head to Cinci today but they are releasing DH's brother from the hospital at some point today so we will go for a quick visit tomorrow.

Still working on getting my housework done for the weekend but am going to head to the gym for an aquafit class this morning, run and get some groceries and then head to my knitting class to see what the girls are up to, think I will finish the day with some yard work

I did some grilled porkchops last night, marinated them with a bit of bottled marinade - served with some boxed stuffing and steamed broc/cauliflower - it was a throw together meal since Friday night is my house cleaning night and we usually get subway sandwiches or something like that but right now we are really trying to pinch our pennies - the deck and tree removal put a strain on the budget. So I dug around and even though the boxed stuffing is not plan friendly, etc it turned out to be a really wonderful meal and one single plate of food was enough for DH and I - we were totally satisfied. But the funny thing was is that was the best meal I have made in a long time and it was a throw together, totally not planned meal... LOL - funny how that works.

I sure hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Judy: Good luck with your party tonight! I was looking online to see what all went into having a mystery party because I think that would be so much fun! I will keep looking into it, the one blog stated that the best way to throw your own party is to attend someone elses first so that you have an idea of what to do, etc. I had to giggle... I thought to myself, how far of a drive is it to Judy's? LOL. Anyway, have a wonderful time and i hope you solve the mystery!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-30-2011 at 06:23 AM.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:52 AM   #49  
Chick

Yes, we got the storm last night-----lost our cable for a few minutes, but it came back. Lost power for 1/2minute, but thankfully it came back too. Storm, lots of wind and heavy rain passed through and today is nice again.

Princess, your "throw together" meal sounds delicious and I bet the boxed stuffing wasn't too far off program. I've got a box in my cupboard. Maybe if I make it without the butter it'll be okay. Isn't it funny how things work out that way. You sound so busy, but I know you'll love to relax with your knitting friends. have fun. Hey, you've invited to our next mystery party!!!!! Come on-----how many miles can it be? I'm on Long Island south of the state of New York. I'll "clue you in" to when we have the next party.

It is true that we went to a mystery party before we had one and it was helpful to see how they get pulled together. Some games give players the clues they have to say to everyone before everyone moves to the next round. Actually all games are formatted that way. It's just in some games you stay in one room, while in other games you "mix" with others and may not hear all the clues. It's fun whichever you do. Let me know if you decide to go ahead.

All goes well here. I had a really good day of food yesterday. I also put a photo of a df of mine who has lost weight and she looks terrific. I'm trying to say to myself, "If she can do it, I can do it>." We'll see how that works.

Gotta run and prepare some food for the party. Have a great weekend, everone!
Judy
234.6/198/180's by 9/1
Old 07-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #50  

I have a bad sore throat and it is the middle of Summer. Anyone have a recipe for a healthy soup?
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 01:52 PM   #51  
Chick

Sure,
a couple of carrots, chopped
a couple stalks celery, chopped
a small onion, chopped
saute all in Pam sprayed pan
Add 1 can diced tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
Add 1 quart chicken stock or broth (or 4 boullion cubes and 4 cups water)
1 t. each oregano, basil, dill
Simmer 20minutes and you'll be feeling fine in no time!
(You can add rice or couscous or pasta or even kidney beans if you want, but if you want it yummy and low calorie just make it without the additions)
Feel better soon! If you think the tomatoes will be too harsh, leave them out.

Judy
Old 07-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Just a quick note to say sorry I was away so long, but have been sick with
bacterial virus and it has been brutal. On the upside I dropped another 3#
so am finally in the 180's and hopefully can stay there and continue to drop.

So many posts to read so I will try and get caught up over the next few days.
Have not even turned my computer on in 2 weeks. Just doing what I had to get done and staying in bed. Have no idea how I dropped any weight since basically I have been eating toast, pb, bananas, pizza & chicken fingers with plum sauce. Haven't even had a coffee since July 17th - just some tea.

Anyway, hope you are all keeping well and I will read all the posts when I can

Take care
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 06:54 PM   #53  
Chick

Oh Bandit, I am so relieved to hear from you. Sorry you were so sick, but glad that you're on the mend. for getting back into the 180's, but sad about how it happened.
God Bless.

Good luck to all the turtles. I turned around a day that could have cost me loads of points plus, and I'm proud of myself. Have to remember to stay on track for the rest of the evening and I'll be in a good place.

Judy
Old 08-01-2011, 08:15 AM   #54  

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all! Well that sure was a fast flying weekend! LOL - here and gone before you know it.

Food was ok over the weekend but I could have done better... had some very high point ice cream both evenings but I would imagine that just took care of my weeklies and call it even. I did go to aqua fit on Saturday and got some yard work in also. Yesterday was spent traveling so no real exercise there.

I won't have W/I this week because I will be helping with my D-Grandson while his mom has oral surgery but will try and make it a good week and hopefully have a wonderful W/I the following week.

Bandit: Holy Moly lady you scared me! So glad to see your post (thanks for the reply to the PM! I was so happy to see it!) Glad you are on the mend but man I am sorry you had to go thru that, those can be wicked. I hope you continue to improve!

Judy: How did the party go? Congrats on making a good move and improving your points intake! How awesome is that!?!?!

Cherry: How was your weekend?

Terri: How are you doing? Did you go to the lake this weekend?

Life: Hope you are doing well!
Old 08-01-2011, 09:21 AM   #55  
Chick

Hi Guys, we've gotten long, so I'll see you all over on thread #260 Bale of Turtles Doing Fine!
JUdy
234.6/198/180's and thinner 9/1/11