Old 07-25-2011, 07:18 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Yeah Thunder and lightening!!! Its raining!!!

We need the rain sooo bad! Great weekend much cooler at the lake, of course ate and drank too much, why do I do this???????

Anyway going to be on plan water, veggies, fruit, move my butt!!!!

Hope you all have a great week.

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #32  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
Cherry, you're feeling the results of the heat just like we are. I haven't been away from the A/C except to take a dip in the pool. You're doing great----heat dissipates us and we can easily feel weak. That's the time to get a big drink of water and sip it. You're doing so well. Keep up the good work.

Terri, well one thing I remember from posts past is that we wouldn't beat ourselves up this summer. We'd work on keeping our food excellent during the week, get in the water and exercise, and if we indulged a bit on the weekends, we'd be okay with that. (I' m so silly because I'm giving you this pep talk and yet I want to smack myself on the head for some mindless eating I did on Sunday. Hmmmmm, maybe I better practice what I preach).
In any case, I know you'll do well today. Having the rain should break the heat and we'll all feel better after that.

I've got a good eating plan for today and it's printed out and stuck on my fridge. As I eat, I cross off the foods and write in the points plus. That helps keep me on track.

Everybody have a wonderful day!
Bandit, are you okay?
Life, was your exam okay?
Princess, how's your deck coming along?

All goes well here and we're on to planning our luau themed mystery party this weekend. I've got to figure out what foods will keep me on track and still fit the theme. I know I can do this. Housecleaning today will be good exercise and I'll either swim ---yay---or -----boo. Guess which it will be? Still too hot to walk on boardwalk.

Take care, drink lots of water, and let's get this going!
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 10:16 AM   #33  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yesterday was a good food day. I made a tomato sauce like a cacciatore and cooked a pork chop and two chicken cutlets in it. Yay! Dinner for the next two days. ate the pork chop last night.

: and to all of us. We've still got a week in July to lose weight and all of August.
Have a great day.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's and thinner
Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hello everyone and happy Tuesday! The temps have dropped just a bit here although it is still very hot it is not in the 100's anymore... yah!

The deck is pretty much done and what a job that was! DH and I are both pretty much worn out and we did not even do the bulk of the work, just lots of stress and other activities that surround it - am glad that we are at the end of it.

The scale is way up but to be honest i did not make the best choices this weekend, there was a lot of donuts, pizza, etc being purchased to feed everyone and I ate things that I should not have. Yesterday was not too bad but we did have asian food for supper. Back on track though today.

Bandit: You are worrying me... you never have this long in between posts... hoping you are ok...

Judy: How are you doing? Have things quieted down for you this week?

Terri: We got some rain on Sunday, when we least wanted it but needed it badly... the yard does not look so brown now though which is a good thing! How is your week going?

Life: How are you doing?

Cherry: How is things your way?
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #35  
Chick

Hi All,
Princess, glad the deck is almost done. Hey, when weight goes up so fast, it can come off fast too. I know the salt in Chinese food sends me up two pounds the next day, but when I'm careful and drink plenty of water, I'll be okay. Pizza and donuts----ohmigod-----just two of my favorite foods. Glad things should be calming down soon.

I had a good day yesterday and a good day today. So weird. Invited to girlfriend's for lunch----no idea what the menu would be-----if I had eaten in anticipation of how tough it would be, I would have been foolish. She had fruit and two salads, dressing on the side---all healthy foods and yummy. I had the tiniest amount possible because the other girls are all thin and I didn't want to look hoggish-----also she bought a pie and was going to serve it with coffee, but our meeting broke up before she could serve it. It was a lovely meeting and it looks like I'll be in a writing group again. Yay. I've really missed it. Altogether a wonderful experience to see my friend and buddies and have a pleasant afternoon. However, I am so glad I didn't let the food throw me.

Best wishes to everyone. Bandit, I'm like Princess-----are you on vacation or just very busy? Chime in please.
Judy
234.6/198.8/180's and thinner by 9/1
Old 07-27-2011, 07:05 AM   #36  

Hey all I finally had a good food day Tues! Yeah me!

I am sure Bandit is at the trailer on vacation. I've been thinking about her too!

Judy I love the skinny people! It is a different experience to eat with them. A friend once went to skinny couples house for dinner only ate a few appetizers because she was waiting for the dinner - no dinner was ever served the appetizers were the dinner. She went and had a burger after she left !!!!

Princess the weather is better here too! Our yard is still brown, the only good part is we haven't had to cut it for about 4 weeks. Enjoy the deck, you worked hard to get it finished!

Hey to everyone else check in when you can!
Terri
Old 07-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #37  

Good morning everyone and happy Wednesday to you all! I was in all day meetings for the last two days, very glad they are over for the week! I am just not a fan of being stuck in a room all day long with the same people... ugh.

My tomatoes are starting to turn red in the garden... awesome! I love garden tomatoes and DH and I make lots of BLT sandwiches once they start coming in. With the microwave bacon and light mayo, heavy on the lettuce and tomato it is not bad points wise and a wonderful summer supper.

Not sure I am going to knitting tonight or not yet, I am very very worn down and not feeling well - it seems like everything hurts and everything is taking me twice as long to do... super tired and just over all run down... time to regroup I think. I have been trying to get to bed earlier this week but something always seems to get in my way LOL - will keep trying though!

Judy: Good job and so happy that you are going to be in a writing group, that is a wonderful activity and one that I know you enjoy... Skinny people - ugh - they make me feel like a big old girl even when I was at my smallest, I have never been comfortable around them guess maybe it is because I have been over weight almost all of my life. Anyway, good for you and enjoy your group! Good luck at weigh in today!

Terri: That is too funny about the appetizers... my yard is still very brown also, especially the area under the tree that we just removed, it never got much sun when the tree was still was there and now without it it is burning up. Bandit usually gives us a heads up when she is going to be off line for an extended period of time... sure hoping all is ok and she is just busy.

All: Have a great day and good luck for weigh in's this week!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-27-2011 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #38  
Chick

Good WI for me today. Down .8# which is almost a pound. Very relieved to reverse my trend upward. Thanks for all the support.

Terri, I love the story about the "appetizer as dinner" for your friend. Let it be known that I , also, ate like a raving maniac when I got home. Threw my congee and chicken cacciatore in microwave and wolfed down a banana while I waited the whole 2 minutes for food to heat up. I was starving!

Okay, let's keep up our positive summer attitude. Do the absolute best whenever we can-----when we have minor glitches count in the points plus and keep on keepin' on. A binge only does damage if it goes on and on. Most of us know how and have the abiity to stop a binge in its tracks. I'm optimistic that we can lose weight.

On the down side our substitute leader at the meeting today said it is easy to lose weight, it's difficult to maintain it. Well, since I'm having a devil of a time losing weight, I thought that was an outrageous thing to say. You can see why I love my regular leader. She's such a peach and would never say such a silly thing. To me, www.3fatchicks.com turtles give each other support-----recognize that even though most of our experiences are similar, they're not identical and we try hard to offer the right words at the right time to keep us connected and on track. We all know the saddest thing is to stop trying and we do the best we can. (Glad I wrote that. I was really ticked that she made that statement. She lost 80# in a year-----never had a slip back----never regained any of her weight during that journey. However, she's had very difficult times keeping it of. My point ----that was her experience. Some gals struggle to get it off, but because it's taken a while, their maintenance isn't as tough as others.) Okay---I'll stop chatting.

Have a great day. Let's sip that water, move those bodies, and eat like we deserve to!
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner 9/1/11
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM   #39  

Alright ladies I am here for my official weigh-in. Down -2.8 pounds. For a total of 9.2 pounds in 3 weeks. Yay! Last week wasnt so good but this week makes up for it. I just have to keep doing my best despite slight ups and downs on the scale. Eventually I will get where i am wanting to go. Thanks for all the support guys. It looks like everyone is doing good despite events and the heat. Keep it up and keep drinking lots of water.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #40  
Chick

Oh Cherry, it makes me so happy to hear you doing so well. :
Keep up the good work. You're getting this done!

Have a great night, everyone.
Judy
234.6/198/180's and thinner
Old 07-28-2011, 07:12 AM   #41  

TGI Thursday! Its my Friday today then off for a 4 day weekend!!!!

3 day holiday weekend here in Cananda, not sure if it is for you gals in the US.

Cherry glad to hear you are doing so well! Great job you can do this! You are doing this!

Princess would love to pop over for a BLT!!! Let us know when the tomatoes are ripe!!!!

Judy too bad about the sub leader we all know it is hard to lose, we all would be thin if it was easy!!!!! I agree with you lets keep it positive!!!!

Yeah Gals we can do this!!!!

Terri
Old 07-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #42  

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday to you all! Still very hot here and getting hotter with each day and the humidity is super high right now also... oh well, at least we are not talking about snow amounts

Went home from work yesterday and that was about all - I made grilled cheese sandwiches for supper and went to bed - just was not feel well at all. A bit better today but still not myself... will just keep taking it as easy as I can and see if that helps.

Cherry: A huge congrats to you! Your loss is fabulous!

Terri: No holiday down here but enjoy yours! I would gladly share my tomatoes with everyone and frequently wish we all lived closer together... Have a wonderful long weekend!

Judy: I was never fond of subs when I went to WW meetings either, they were just always lacking what the regular leader had or did and left me wanting or as in your case upset about something that they said. Next week will be better for you once your leader gets back... hope you have a very good week and good luck with your mystery party! Those always sound like soooo much fun!

Bandit: How are you doing? I just ordered up a couple of books from the library, nothing very exciting but I will pass along the names and authors to you once I get them if they prove to be a good read. Hope you are ok...

Have a great day all!
Old 07-28-2011, 09:59 AM   #43  
Chick

Terri, so glad you had a good food day on tuesday.

Princess, feel better soon. Yeah, the next time I see my leader isn't going to be there to lecture, I may go to another meeting where I actually like that leader. I mean it's not a big deal, nothing to eat over, but I do count on getting inspired at my meetings to push on and do the right thing and that didn't happen this meeting.

I'm reading a book (listening to it---it's an audiobook) about Shamu taught me everything I need to know about life and love (that's not the exact title, but it's close). Only in a couple of chapters but it's got good advice on how we can react to people, etc.
Gotta run and get breakfast.

Take care, have a wonderful weekend.
Judy
234.6/198/180's by 9/1
Old 07-29-2011, 07:55 AM   #44  

Good morning everyone and a very happy Friday to you all! Very glad the weekend is here! DH's brother is ill and in the hospital so it looks like the weekend that we thought might be time for us to get some rest, etc will actually be spent traveling back and forth to Cinci. Which is fine and it will only be on Saturday so Sunday I will try and get some things done in the house along with a nap

I was down 1.4 lbs at W/I last night so was happy about that. I just really need to get my butt in gear so that I see a loss every week, even if it is only .2 - I just keep gaining and losing the same 5 lbs and that is not doing me any good.

Judy: The book sounds wonderful, I will see if our library has it. I totally understand what you are saying about your leader and I agree with you and they do make a big difference in our motivation, etc. I hope it works out in yoru favor.

Have a great weekend everyone, I will hop on when I can!

Last edited by Princess1122; 07-29-2011 at 07:56 AM.
Old 07-29-2011, 09:33 AM   #45  

Princess- Yay on 1.4 pounds down. Weigh to go. Thanks for the encouragement.

Judy and Terri - I appreciate you guys remembering me in your comments.

I am getting my new box of food today and hoping all the new choices will help me keep going. I have always known i needed to cut down on sugar and that carbs effect my depression but I just couldnt cut that cord. I get so addicted to Carbs. Well one thing I like about Nutrisystem is it is a low GI (glycemic index) program and it has really cut out most of my cravings. Just have to work hard not to let the cravings sneak back in by eating to much sugar or carbs. Still getting plenty of carbs in my diet just healthier ones.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote