Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 07:45 PM   #16  

I know I am a total show off but whilst everyone is at golf and dd is still asleep, I put a website together in readiness to add the photo's off the wedding!!!

I have put a page with photo's from yesterday's Xmas day, mainly for a niece who lives in Japan.
Hopefully within na day or so I will have the wedding photo's up as well as the Xhristmas photo's.
I time I will 'tizzied it' up a bit.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/amscholz

Cheers
Maria
Old 12-26-2002, 01:16 AM   #17  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Pictures were great! Had to go to IE to see but were great! Not see able in Netscape at all. So if you want those users to see you might want to check it out. (sorry Im a netscape person)

Today should be the big day!

Ann: I would be happy to ship you some if you want. Save some $$

Christmas was great, as always eat way to much!
Old 12-26-2002, 06:36 PM   #18  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
I can't believe that Christmas is over. We had a wonderful Christmas, one of our best ever. My dinner was a success but I prepared far too much. We played the "Dirty Santa Gift Exchange" and that was great fun, and everybody really got into the spirit of the game. Even the grandchildren enjoyed watching the grownups stealing each other's gifts. My grandson was trying to give his Dad pointers on how to get and KEEP the gift he wanted. On Christmas day we went to son/dil house for Christmas dinner and everything was excellent. My dil set a beautiful table and you could tell she had worked so hard to make everything special. It was too!! My son made Emeril's Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee for dessert and I have to tell you I think that kid of mine missed his calling. It was excellent. When we got home I seached the net to see just how many calories that dessert would be. I looked at a couple and I figure about 560 calories and 56 g. fat per serving. Our son had recently bought a small little torch so he was able to torch the tops of the dessert. It was PERFECT. The only thing was, I could feel my arteries hardening as I sat there eating. This morning we all went to the Community Club to see our young grandson play hockey and then took the family out for brunch. The Princess spent the rest of the afternoon here with us and our grandson went home with his parents as a friend was coming over and they were working on building a "fort" in the back yard. Our son has now picked the little one up, and DH and I will have only a very VERY light dinner tonight. I see my doctor tomorrow at 3:00 for my annual physical and I know he will not be pleased that I am heavier this year then last year, (well I'm not so tickled pink about it either). I don't know what possessed me to make the appointment for 2 days after Christmas. YIKES.
Ok......gals, the party's over, back to following WW version of eating a healthy diet not Slavika's that involves Creme Brulee, blueberry perogies, and New York slice. Trust me that plan doesn't work.
Maria I checked out the pictures you posted and your family looks great and happy. I hope all went well at the wedding.
I hope all you had a Merry Christmas and I am looking forward to reading your posts, so please make them nice and long.
Talk to you all soon.
Old 12-26-2002, 08:53 PM   #19  

Hi all,

Wedding was great, all feeling a little the worse for wear.

I have posted some of the wedding shots on my website.

http://www.users.bigpond.com/amscholz

Lily I noted what you said and I will see what I should do about that...I will keep you posted.

Must fly
Cheers
Maria
Old 12-27-2002, 06:42 PM   #20  
Super Surfer

Maria I really liked the photos. You have a lovely family and you look terrific in the red dress. I wish the newly weds good health and happiness...

... trudy.
Old 12-27-2002, 07:37 PM   #21  

Maria just had a look at the pictures. I agree with Trudy You look great in your red dress.

Christmas tree is gone took it down today. my house is way to small to have it up very long. We had Christmas Eve here at my house. Every one enjoyed their gifts. Little childre got way to much. But it's fun to watch them. We had Christmas day out at my daughters new house. Dinner for about 20 I think. All was well until My SIL( brothers wife) made a snide remark that got under my skin. She knows which buttons to push. Rather that be nasty back I just decided to start the clean up. My daughter had more company (her dh side of the family) coming later that evening so cleaning was good. We had that place looking like we had never even been there.

Went back to work yesterday. Held two meetings. One had 7 people and the other had 13. The first one 3 people stayed so we just pulled our chairs into a small circle and had a nice chat centered around what we did to get through one more holiday dinner/party. The second on all 13 people stayed and the meeting was good. I have one next Tuesday and then 2 more on Thurday. Then I go back to my normal 8.

I still have my cough and I get tired easy but other wise I am back to my old self.

Slavika your celebration sounded fun.
Enough for now.
Karen
Old 12-28-2002, 01:12 AM   #22  
Net browser

Hi Everybody
Karen it's good that you are on the mend but just continue to take things easy. I know DH felt tired for a long time too. Sounds like you had a nice Christmas too. You are right, having children around at Christmas makes things even more special. I know that this year, is the last year our 9 yr. old grandson will believe there is a Santa out there that brings gifts to ALL the children everywhere in the world. He is hanging on to that story just by his finger tips. I think he "WANTS" it to be true but in his heart of hearts knows it isn't.
He questioned our son this year and I forget now what our son told him. I do know when he started to ask the questions my DIL very quickly left the room.......I knew that gal was smart.
The Princess on the other hand (she is 7 yrs old) claims she actually heard Santa come into the house, and says when he opened the door the "chirper" on the security system went off.
When she was leaving here on Christmas Eve she asked if she could take one of the Diet Cokes home with her because she wanted to leave it for Santa. She said she was going to leave him milk and cookies but (at this point she lowered her voice) she said, he was getting a little bit too fat and thought a Diet Coke would be better for him.
Maria the pictures from the wedding are lovely and it sure looks like you had a nice day for it. You looked especially nice in your red dress.
I had to go to the doctor's today for my annual physical. I must have been nuts when I made the appointment for 2 days after Christmas. Well when the nurse weighed me....she said, "oh I see you have put on a few pounds since last year". When the doctor came into the room I told him I knew I had gained weight and we didn't really have to talk about it. He just laughed and said ok. He has given me a drug called "Inderal" to take, to try to prevent the migraine headaches that I get. Have any of you ever taken it? I take Imitrex when I have the headache, but I get them fairly often, and it would be nice to just not get them. The Imitrex does the trick though.
It's getting late, so I will say good-night.
Old 12-28-2002, 01:45 AM   #23  

G'day all,

Things are getting back to normal albeit slowly. It is a very hot day yet again, dd and her dh have gone into town for dinner. DS and new wife gave them a voucher for a dinner in a posh restaurant for Christmas.

Thank you for your kind words about my dress and the good wishes to the newly weds. DH and I have decided to be really serious this year and try and get rid of some of the access weight we both carry (me a lot more than him )

Karen glad you are getting better, I agree with Slavika to take it easy. I don't know if I am no longer used to it or is it my age or what, but I am finding the busyness (is that a word????) of the past few weeks, really exhausting and look forward to just being '2' again. Not a day has gone by these past few weeks without visitors calling in, staying for meals etc. It has been great to see everyone but I am now just 'pooped'!

The kids have been swapping their music CD's, I have burnt 34 for dd and 26 for ds

Slavika I have not heard of the medication you spoke of. luckily I don't get too many headaches.
I just had a bit of a look on the net ( http://fmscanbera.tripod.com/drugs/inderal.htm ) it seems to be a drug that is useful for lots of conditions and one being migraines.

It is late in the afternoon and dh and I have decided to go for a bit of swim down the beach. I have bought new feather and down pillows, I am looking forward to an early night to try out my new pillows.

See ya in the morning
Cheers
Maria
Old 12-28-2002, 11:22 AM   #24  
Life Time 2001

Maria: Love that dress! You look beautiful in it! CAnt wait to see more pictures! Peta's dress is beautiful!

Karen: Small meetings! Bet they will be back in full force this week. The 3 people one sounded good though! Bet it was more personnal that way.
Glad you are starting to feel better. But do take it easy, you dont want it to come back.

Slavika: To cute! The princess was concered for Santa's weight! Never heard of that drug. Hope it helps your headaches tho. Migraine are the worse. Use to get them all the time. Cant remember what the DR gave me, it was so long ago. But they went away and I havent had them since.

Gonna take the tree down today I think. Always sad to take it down. But the Boy scouts come and take it away so have to get it out there for them.
Really rainy here lately. Wish it would stop for a minute, but it doesnt seem to.

Have a great day!
Old 12-28-2002, 04:08 PM   #25  
Super Surfer

Angry Hi everyone

I agree with you Maria .. it is so nice to have a quiet home again. My tree is still up, I think we will take it down tomorrow. Looking forward to a "regular" looking room.
Slavika Did you take your tree down yet ? (she has been known to take it down on Boxing Day - the 26th)
Would you have to take the Inderal and the Imitrex ( in case the Inderal didn't stop the headache) ? It seems like everyone has something to contend with.
Lily when do your WW meeting start? I think we start up on Jan 2, but we don't go till Tue the 7th.
Karen I think you handled the snide remark well. Some people just can help being nasty.

We are having a totally lazy day today.

Talk to you all later...
Old 12-28-2002, 07:12 PM   #26  

Onto the next thread.........

Cheers
Maria
Closed Thread