Old 01-23-2011, 01:10 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone is having a good day. I am eating my breakfast for lunch. LOL. I can never get up and eat before work. I usually don't have an appetite. So I usually just eat a banana and drink some water. So by the time I get off work I am actually hungry enough to eat something. Is that weird?

Bandit my grandma is doing okay thanks for asking. Usually chips are my downfall also but I am not tolerating salt well right now. So that is one less temptation.

Today was weigh in day. I lost 1.7# I am sure some of it is extra water weight but I am glad it is gone either way. So I have noticed if I gain over a pound WW gives me an extra point, but if I lose over a pound they take away a point. I don't know just found that interesting.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:23 PM   #47  
Chick

Life4evr, weigh to go! Great weight loss. :
That's a great weight loss. Keep up the good work. Yeah, it's very interesting that you're right on the cusp on the 29 points plus and losing or gaining this amount changes your point plus numbers. Hey, it's all good and you're going the right direction. Glad Grandma is doing better.

Princess, how's that baby? We're all thinking of you and wishing you and your family well.

Lizzie, good to get back home and keep on track. Zumba sounds great and lots of exercise. Glad you can do it!

Bandit, here's a cyber blanket to keep you warm. We're at 20 degrees right now which seems freezing to us, but I bet that's much warmer than where you are! Glad you're getting to hot yoga . It sounds great.
I got on my again yesterday, so I feel like I'm back on track. Tummy has been weird yesterday and today. I may have picked up a bug.
Mystery party was so much fun. I was the "murderer" and had to try and fool people about my different relationships. I had never been the murderer before and it was lots of fun.

Gotta run. We're due for more snow. Tough winter here and just about everywhere!
Judy
234.6/192/170's and thinner
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:03 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Hi everyone, just a quick post then I have to hop in the shower and get ready for a doctors appointment and then get to work.

The baby was born late Friday night, it was a long labor but mom and baby are doing well, they finally took him via C-Section. It has been a very busy weekend and I am trying to catch up from having no sleep at all for a couple of days.

My weight is way up... totally my own fault just by eating on the run and not drinking enough water, etc.

I have to run but will hope back on later.
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:51 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Morning Everyone, Had a fairly lazy weekend, have a cold so not feeling one hundred %. Did make it to aqua fit Sat. so 45 min of excercise. Hungry on Fri & Sat I know I over ate, but only used a few weekly points. Sunday was a good day, stayed on plan. I need to update my tracker to show my real Weight Watchers weight! I know I gained a few pounds over christmas but not as many as the WW scale. Why are scales all so different? Thought mine at home was pretty good, but apparently not!. Anyway have to figure that out I think it took me an hour to set the thing up.
Hope everyone had a great weekend.

Mini goals this week!
Stay on plan
Excercise -3nights
Stairs at work
More water

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:06 AM   #50  

Morning everyone. Yesterday was a bad day of eating I went overboard on some pizza I made at home, thick crust. So I am guessing pizza sauce has too much salt in it for me. Also I feel a little sick. I don't think my body liked all the pizza I ate.
Old 01-24-2011, 12:01 PM   #51  
Chick

Princess, and to the new baby. Princess, gaining some weight during this time is completely understandable. Lots of stress with the dil's high BP and the C-section birth. Here's to you for a chance to focus on yourself again. Feel well. I'm so happy for you with the new baby.

Bandit, how do you manage with the snow? This is new for me here in NY. We have tough winters, but nothing like this. We are much colder than average temp. here and the snow isn't budging. We're due for a nor'easter on Wednesday----right in time for my WW's WI. I'm going to WI tomorrow just in case the snow does come on time.

Life4evr, yeah---I have trouble with salt in sauces too. My weight usually goes up 2# temporarily whenever I have pizza even when I'm within my points plus amount----add due to salt, I'm sure. Hopefully by drinking plenty of water you'll get rid of that stuff.

Terri, good luck with setting up your scale. : when you get it all figured out. Christmas is a rugged time of year. I had lost 5# between Thanksgiving and Christmas and gave the loss back up by the New Year WI. Tough---we have to try not to let it get us down and keep on keepin' on because we know what to do and can do it!

Lizzie, glad you got to Zumba. Sooooo hard to eat well when at "Mom's". I think we've all been there, done that. I know I used to revert to being a child when I was with my Mom. Great feeling! for getting on track.

Loopy, how are you doing? Love to hear more advice from your nutritionist.

Gotta run and eat breakfast. It's late and I postponed for just a bit too long. Could eat a horse-----too many points plus, so I won't.

Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 01-24-2011 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:26 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - congratulations! You must be super excited. Glad all is well with your family.

Judy - yes it is freezing up here and at times you the only way of warming up is having a hot bath when I get home. I try to keep up with the shovelling as it comes & just try and dress with my warmest clothes - lots of turtlenecks for sure.

Terri - hope you get your cold under control and feel better soon.

Life - congrats on your weight loss, that is really great!

As for me, I didn't do great with my weekend eating. The movie popcorn just kind of set me off & I overate a few times. So have to be very careful
rest of the week & get in my exercise as well.

Everyone - keep warm & drive safe!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:40 PM   #53  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all!

Itryharder: Sorry, I should have mentioned that I'm offline every weekend. Saturday is crunch time for getting the nursing home's Sunday services together, and on Sundays I lead there Protestant chapel service there, and help to facilitate the Catholic service, and I also attend my own church as part of the frontline ministry team. Mondays I wake up about noonish. I go back to work on Wednesdays unless there's an emergency.

It was a great weekend, all in all. Sunday morning (I'm not a morning person either, foodwise!) I actually managed to eat a Nutrigrain and felt not-hungry for the first time since joining WW last week. My hunger is strange: my belly is full, but my sweet-and-fat tooth is screaming 24/7. I'm not apologizing for the sugar content of some of my OP foods. I get the feeling that lessening sugar intake is a process, and not a cold turkey thing. I still go for small amounts of real sugar rather than using artificial sweeteners.

Preparing for another pre-snow shopping trip tomorrow. Today I'll be scouting a couple of local groceries for certain foods that they don't have at my regular place: Arnold bread, a wider selection of Smart Ones frozen foods, Buddig lunch meats. If I find someplace that sells these items, I'll stock up on them monthly or thereabouts. I especially need to find a reduced-calorie bread that costs less than $4.95 per loaf (the price for WW bread in my neighborhood store).

A question for the group: How much do you pay attention to the "power foods" concept? I mean, I am just as happy to eat whole wheat bread and nonfat/lowfat dairy, but I much prefer regular white pasta. I'm eating "power foods" at least four times per day, but there's a lot of refined stuff in there also.

Also, I am wondering what a "serving size" is for salad. I'll have to take that one up with my WW leader. Suffice to say that I'm getting plenty.

The DH is a bit cranky. He claims that the slightly adjusted meals around here are making his hemorrhoids hurt. *sigh* I suggested that he avoid the salads and I'll make us some well-cooked vegetables too. My own digestive issues are arising in a whole nother fashion, embarrassing but harmless (unless you enter the fire staircase at work after I've ducked in there).

My clothes are hanging differently. They almost seem smaller, but I think that it's just my belly fat being looser. I want to get to my Wednesday meeting to reassure myself. In other places (notably my wrists and ankles) I'm shrinking already.

All in all, I'm a happy camper. Tired, feeling a restlessness that isn't true hunger but just detoxification, I think. But ready to keep going.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 05:37 PM   #54  
Chick

Bandit, I know what you mean about weekend overeating. We had the great mystery party. My food was very good. Sunday my food was outstanding. then I found out my dd needs a medical procedure----should be a big nothing----but I ate four cookies and an ice cream parfait I had in the basement freezer. Ugh. today has been good so far. I decided eating too little bread was making me hungry and cranky. Thanks for the cold weather tips. I can see a nice warm bath in my future. Dh couldn't stand it anymore and he bought a wonderful space heater for our bathroom. It's great. It's on a timer and I put it on a bit before I want to take my shower. Very good idea.

Aunt Loopy, it sounds like you're doing great. I use power foods as often as possible. However, I've been doing this for forever. You are just starting. My deal or rule with myself is this: If I like a power food just as well as something carbier or more sugary, I eat it. If I think the power food is disgusting, I avoid it like the plague. Pretty simple for me-----in a soup I'm perfectly happy to have the power food ww macaroni. On a plate with a simple marinara sauce, not so much. So I change up things.

This is something that I learned from the old point system to the new points plus:
Food Was Now
Vitatop 1 3
Bagel Thin 1 3
Popcorn
(5cups, no oil) 1 3

Just cutting back on those items makes a tremendous difference in points plus over the original points. That's what I try to do. Especially since I would often eat 2 Vitatops a day. Ugh. I was eating 10 points or so on the new plan in wasteful food. Now I'm trying to concentrate on plenty of fruit and veggies and lean protein. I may just make some "unstuffed cabbage". If I point it out and it's reasonable, I'll share the recipe here.

I feel more optimistic. I just made an incredible butternut squash soup.
This is what I did:

2 ribs celery
1 carrot
butternut squash peeled and cubed (about 10 oz)
pepper
1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
pepper
pepper flakes
dill

Cook for 15 minutes till veggies are all tender. Blend in high power blender. Eat. Yum. I think zero points plus. Very thick and creamy.

Gotta run. You all take care.
Loopy ----love your descriptions.

Judy
Old 01-24-2011, 10:17 PM   #55  

Hope everyone had a good day. Today has been so so overall. So the things I have learned again is pizza is not my friend. The pizza is now gone so that should be a big help. Trying to motivate myself to make it to the gym. I have to get back into planning my meals out.

ETA: Itryharder I didn't see your post earlier. Yeah I thought it was just me. I am getting plenty of water in today. I may try making my own pizza sauce so I can control the salt contenet.

Last edited by life4evr; 01-24-2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Default The Drug Rep Lunch

I lost the battle and it also had to do with pizza! A drug rep brought us in lunch and I went overboard onthe pizza. Did have really great greek salad not too much cheese. But I love pizza from this local restaurant. No I just love pizza. Any way I'm over it, sure I used all my plus points for the week. My week ends Wed. so thats ok. Sure I 'm all salted up too. So lots of water today. Did go to the aquafit at he Y last night so 45 min of moderate exercise.

You guys in the U.S. are lucky you have a lot more food choices we don't have a lot of the food products that you have in the States. We have some WW breads and frozed dinners but not much else. I buy the WW flat buns they are 1 point. Any suggestions from you guys what are you eating? Any thing I should be looking for at the grocery store?

Happy Tuesday! Stay warm (think it is warming up here today) and on plan!

Terri
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Tuesday to you all! Things are getting back to normal here for me and I am trying very hard to eat on plan but that is not working very well, I need to regroup and get back into a balance. I had my yearly doctors appointment yesterday and mammogram, my weight was way up when I got on the scale, I told the doctor that over all I was doing good, quit smoking, etc but that I was tired all the time... like really painfully tired, she told me to get my butt to the gym or on a treadmill, anything but get moving again and that should help... sooooo - I will take her advise and get moving!

I am not even going to try and catch up with each of you today as I need to go back and read through everyones posts to see what is going on.

Have a great day all!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #58  

Hope everyone is well. Another bad day. I am just feeling really drained and blah. The dreary weather isn't helping my mood.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 204/204/155

Height: 5'7"

Hello Turtles - well, I made it home yesterday and working on getting back on track. I decided to skip my meeting today and go with my friend on Friday. It will be with the same leader and give me some time to get rid of the water retention from flying and eating poorly while at my Mom's house.

Actually - I didn't eat poorly - just way too delicious with all of the great food in Louisiana. And as my Mom is stuck at home alot since my Dad passed, I really enjoy getting her out of the house and treating her to a nice lunch.

So - back to Zumba tonight - have an appt with trainer in the morning and I'm back on track with moving!

Looks like I'm not the only one struggling at the moment - but it feels good to be able to recognize our slipups. Now just put it all behind us and look toward the rest of our journey!

Lizzie
FetchLizzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #60  
Chick

Hi Guys,
I want the snow to go away. Wah, wah, wah!!!!!
Ate too much today. Still within points, but not the food I'd like to eat.
Ugh--should have just called for a pizza.

Okay, tomorrow I'll start a new thread because we're getting long. See you there.
Judy