Old 01-15-2011, 12:01 PM   #16  
just do it!

S/C/G: 269/150/150

Height: 5'4"

Aunt Loopy and Terri: Welcome!! It's good ot have you with us!

Lizzie: enjoy the visit with your mom. Great planning to find a meeting and zumba class while you're there!!

Bandit: great job on the loss!

Princess: glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better. Good plan to take things slowly and listen to your body to let yourself fully kick this illness. Hope you're back to 100% quickly!

Life: I totally agree that there are some things that just aren't worth trying to make low-fat or low point. I'd much rather have the full version of something like a cookie and just eat one fully satisfying cookie rather than blah tasting ones that make me want to eat more!

Judy, Cherry, and everyone else: I hope you're doing well and staying on track!

As for me, I lost 1.4lbs this week which bumps my total loss up over 45lbs! *happy dance* I suspect that my losses will be a bit slower with the calorie counting than WW. I know that some days I ate within my calorie target but ate more points than I have been in recent weeks.

DH and I are off to the gym today. The weather still hasn't let up here. We're sitting at -25C with a -32C windchill (-13F and -27F) and we're getting more and more snow. This has been going on for over a week now and I'm DONE with cold and snow!! Luckily tomorrow is dog training class, so the dog will get a chance to run and play and tire himself out with the other dogs indoors after class.

I have tried some new recipes lately that have been wonderful! I'll be sure the share them with you ladies soon!
peanutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 03:38 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 279/270/180

Well today was weigh in day today i lost 0.5#. I thought I had lost a little more. My weight has been bouncing back and forth between three pounds either way. I think I may have eaten too much salt this week. Not really sure though. I guess I have to shock my body again and start hitting up the gym. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
life4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:49 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone and happy Monday to you all... I should be home sleeping right now as the company that I work at is closed today but I came into the office anyway - here I sit in my very dark cube in a very creepy and quiet office building... LOL. Even though the company is closed today for the MLK holiday I don't get paid for it since I am not an actual employee of the company and my paycheck took enough of a hit last week since I was out sick for a day and a half. Plus there is a chance that D-Grandbaby may make his appearance this week. D-DIL goes tomorrow for some tests and her BP and Sugar has been high the last few times they have checked so if is it high tomorrow than they are going to induce on Friday so I thought I may as well be proactive and get some time logged today!

Eating over the weekend was not so great... way to many high point foods so really need to shake myself and get back on the wagon!

Looks like everyone is just trying to stay warm and get through the winter. You Turtles in Canada sure get more than your fair share of the cold weather and my heart goes out to you all... ugh, you have to be some pretty hardy folks to function in temps that are so far below zero it boggles the mind. We are cold here but not like up there in the Great North... Stay warm!

I will check back later on!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #19  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
I'm back from a mini vacation out at Montauk Point on LI NY. It was great. Nothing like the ocean at winter. Read my book, listened to the waves through the sliding glass doors. Really nice. Food was awful. But I am determined to take care of that.

Very quickly to Loopy and Terri. Wow! You are very energetic. So glad to have you on board.

I'll reply to personals later. I just walked in the door and need to unpack, etc. Good luck to all of us. Keep on keepin' on! We can do this.
Judy
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 07:23 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 203/197/160

Height: 5.2.5

Morning Turtles!
Went to the Y last night did the aquafit class. 2 friends went with me, we have some new instructors at the Y so great workout. It is hard to believe you can sweat in the water! Finding the points plus pretty easy, I already find myself calculating and then thinking "I'm not eating that too many points". Chocolate at work had 1 piece counted it and moved on, normally I would eat countless pieces. Hope to keep up the momentum, I hope my WW friend is in for the long haul, my other 2 YMCA buddies will come and go thats ok. I really want this to stick for me! Can't worry about them but it helps to have others for support. WE can do this!!!!!!!
terrod99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:27 AM   #21  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Yes, we can do this! I had gotten into a slump following doing great when WW introduced Points Plus. I lost 6 pounds in December which is monumental for me. Then I gained those pounds back plus. I have started well today with an egg and bread. I'll go to my writing workshop today which is always uplifting. After reading all our posts I think a lot of us are having trouble dealing with a new look at WW's and all the snow.

: to all the Turtles who lost weight this week. You're awesome!

We can all do this. It's time for me to look back, be grateful for what I accomplished and put the past in the past. Today is a wonderful new day. I'm tracking points and taking hostages!!!!! LOL

My short term goal is to lose 1# by next (not tomorrow's) WI. I know I can do it. What are your best tips?

Judy
234.6/?????/170's and thinner Lose 1# this week. I've been too hard on myself,then when I mess up I think I can't make progress. Nonsense! I've done fine, had a small series of behaviors that I'd like a do-over for. Dealing with those mistakes can be helped by exercising and tracking my food. Love you all! Judy

Last edited by Itryharder; 01-18-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:26 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Morning, turtles:

Judy - you have done great & I know you can accomplish whatever you set out to do. Mini goals are a good place to start, good luck this week.
For me, things that work are planning out next days menu & having point friendly foods pre-cooked that can be heated up quickly. Fruits/veggies
ready to go.

All - keep warm & stay on track. Lets all get our butts back into gear and lose these unwanted lbs!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 11:07 AM   #23  
just do it!

Judy, I agree with bandit's plan to plan out food for the next day. This has really helped me. The other thing would be to watch that sodium! Eating too much sodium is part of what set me back around and immediately after Christmas. It wasn't until I started tracking my food away from WW that I noticed how much sodium I was consuming. Good luck...I know you can do it!
Old 01-18-2011, 03:02 PM   #24  
Chick

feedback, an entry point for learning. Wow! Peanutt, I really like that.

Bandit, thanks for the tips. I've got chicken and beef in my freezer. I think I'll thaw out something and crockpot it tomorrow. sounds like a plan.

Turtles, I did step on my scale and it wasn't quite so bad as I thought it would be. I know I'm up and I'll show up # on the scale at WI tomorrow, but that's okay because it is what it is and I'll move on from here.

Good turtles keep the support coming for all of us!
Judy
Old 01-19-2011, 06:52 AM   #25  

Today's the day! Weigh in, my first full week on WW new program. Feeling pretty good. I like to think I'm lighter I feel lighter. I know I ate well, and within my points. So hopefully the scale will reflect my effort.

Good Things I did this week!
1. Stayed within my points.
2. Excercise!!!! Earned lots of these points but didn't use any.
3 .Planned ahead-made sure lots of fruit & veggies in the house.
4. Took the stairs at work. No elevator.
5. and finally this is a big one for me. I used the tracker, I never could seem to do this before, but I have tracked everything and I think it really helped.

So wish me luck at the scales tonight! I will let you know Thurs. am. how I did.

Terri
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good morning everyone! Just a quick fly-by here to give some information.

D-DIL's blood pressure is still high so she will be admitted into the hospital tonight and given some meds to help bring it down, they will start to induce labor tomorrow morning since she is almost full term. Sooo I will be a grammy really soon...

I will also be signing off from here for a few days but wish everyone the best of luck at their W/I's this week... which I will most likely miss both of mine but it is taking second place to the grandbaby right now... Food has been terrible and exercise is not happening... so after things calm down here I will get to W/I and get back on track!

Take care all and I will be back when I can!
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 08:49 AM   #27  
just do it!

Terri: WTG! You're off to a great start! Just keep doing what you're doing and I know you'll be successful!

Judy: How was WI? I'm hoping for a great week for you this week!

Princess: How exciting! I'm hoping for the best for your family, a healthy and safe birth for your DIL and lots of baby snuggles for you!! Congratulations and enjoy your time with your growing family.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 PM   #28  
Chick

Hi Turtles,
Princess, : and to you and your entire family. What a thrill to have a new grandbaby. All the best to you. We'll miss you, but come back as soon as you can.

Terri,
good luck with your first WI. Weigh to go with all your accomplishments this week. Also-----how cool that you found a reason to track and that you did that. The gals in my WW group that track seem to do better. Here's to a very :!

Peanutt, thanks for the shout out! All goes well here. I think venting here about how miserable I was allowed the "venom" to leave me and clear my head to do the things I know work for me. I'm already down 1 1/2# at home and feel I'm on the right track after having an OP day yesterday.

Bandit, so glad you lost at your last WI. weigh to go!

All, I gained 2# since my last WI, but after all the big ups and downs of December, I am 1# down from Thanksgiving and I'll simply go from there. In my head I was ready to give this all up. No rewards, too hard, don't want to do this anymore, embarassed to be taking so long, etc, etc. etc. Sound familiar? So when I checked the facts out, I've done okay for all the snow and the gala-nis of December. So, moving onward and downward, I'll repeat my challenge for myself this week: Lose one pound by my next WI next Wednesday.

Loopy, how are you doing?

Life4evr, always good to hear from you.

My regards to everyone. Let's keep moving in the right direction.
Oh, I have something interesting to say. My dh asked our grandson what he thought grandpa had to lose. The grandson said, 10-20#----which is extremely accurate. Then I asked him about me and he said, 30-40# which is also extremely accurate. Then I thought---- you know that's not the end of the world to lose that amount. Lots of people have lost much more. After all, with all my ups and downs I'm still down almost 42# and about 1/2way to goal. So, I've got my frustrations tamped down for now and I'm ready to tackle the second half of my journey. Good luck to us all!

Judy
234.6/192.4/170's and thinner

Last edited by Itryharder; 01-19-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:25 PM   #29  
Crazy Avon Lady!

S/C/G: See tracker in signature

Hi all! FINALLY back online, and not a moment too soon! We've been having lots of the white sticky weather, and spent a couple of days elsewhere due to a power failure. Made it to work and to my first Weight Watchers meeting today. I need to work on my profile, but my starting weight is 244.6. I discovered that one of the Bible study ladies in our Independent Living apartments at the retirement community where I work is -- believe it or not! -- a PhD in nutrition from Cornell who participated in the first professionally designed Weight Watchers food plan. So she is just tickled to hear that I'm attending. And she'll be a great resource because she knows that my lupus meds will slow things down. It's like having a 100-year-old nutritionist on call (yes, she is 100 years old, and sharp as a tack).

So I'm feeling optimistic right now. I'm a little overwhelmed by the sheer strangeness of this Points nonsense. Definitely bought myself the food dictionaries and the calculator immediately, cuz it's way too complicated otherwise. Tonight I'll bundle up and learn what I can. Shopping tomorrow and Farmer's Market on Friday. Unlimited free bananas? I can do that. Yay for bananas!

Looking forward to getting to know all the regulars around here.
AuntLoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 06:56 AM   #30  

I,m a loser! lost 2.5 pounds adjusted my tracker does it not do .5 pounds? Anyway pleased with my first week on to the next. Skipped the Y last night (awful day at work/and WW meeting, and not enough hours in the day!) will go this evening.

Aunt Loopy Thats great you have your own nutritionist!
Princess1122 How is your DIL? Baby?
Itryharder -I keep thinking baby steps small changes, 1 day at a time, and yes 30-40 isnot that much!

Everybody!! Have a great day!

Terri