Old 10-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #16  
Susan

Jeanne, it sounds like you have a sinus infection! I am the queen of them. I don't even run fever most of the time. That's horrible about about your friend's S. Other! What a jerk!!!

Exciting for Jess! & Happy Birthday to Mr. Bob!
auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #17  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Default Tgif

Hi everyone! What a trying week! **sigh** This is probably the worst mentally/phyiscally TOM I have had in a longggggggg time! But.....it's coming to an end, thank goodness!

Jess didn't get her car! Her & Bob went to pick it up and the payment was $68 more a month than they told her. There is no way that she can handle that living on her own too! She had already alotted herself a little more than she should have! Poor jess! She felt horrible. But she has a nice little car that is only 3 years old! She'll be fine!
Bob had a nice birthday. I ordered him a LITTLE 6" cake and my boss made him a bigger one! Urgh! So needless to say........we all ATE TOO MUCH CAKE!!!!
Kaitlin is sick and going to the doctors this morning! She is soooo tired too. She is working at Sheetz 6a.m. - 2 p.m. and then in the dietary dept. at the hospital from 4:30 - 7:30!!!!

I'm headed out to work and after the terrible sugar high that I have been on for dayyyyyyysssssssss, I'm turning it off!!!!! NO CANDY, NO DONUTS, NO COFFEE at work. This is a new day, new start!!!! In one day this past week I ate 5 donuts. No other food.......but 5 donuts! Then everyday that I worked this week, I ate chocolate. Then that dang cake!!!!!!! Urgh!
I can't believe that I am telling you guys this, but.....I'm afraid if I don't "say" it "outloud", I might not get past it So, as always, thanks for being there and listening to me!!! I'm not going near the scale till next weds.

Have a good day everyone!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:18 PM   #18  
Thursday Lady

Happy Friday

Jeanne, it sounds like you had one crazy week. I'm sorry about Jess missing out on that car. No one can trust car places.
Let us know how Kaitlin is. Stuff is going around here, too.

I've got a sore throat, as does everyone else I talk to.
I just finished sitting on the sofa watching "Terms of Endearment." Wow, that thing was made in 1983. (It was on the WE channel.) It always makes me cry. Now my nose is really stopped up.

Mimi, how is the weight loss going? How is Dan?

Maureen, are you using your treadmill? Are you still working on your place?

Susan, have a good weekend.
Dori, I hope you are over your "yuck."
Clint, wollygirl, toughchick, everyone else-----have a super weekend.

I went out and bought a HUGE container of deep red mums. When I get them planted in the pot, I'll take photos of the front of our place and send them to y'all.

Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:48 PM   #19  
Just Do It

S/C/G: 193/ticker/120

Height: 4'10"

Jeanne - Sorry that you're having such a rough TOM. I understand completely about eating too much sugary stuff. Having not been able to eat anything of substance for almost 5 days I have cut lose both yesterday and today. I'm determined to not let it get the best of me. So tomorrow is a new day and I'll do better. Hang in there and don't give up.

We're headed to Thomasville for the weekend to visit Justin's family. I'm always a little nervous about going because his mom can be a little argh at moments and I'm finding it harder to bit my tongue. We'll see what happens. On Sunday we're supposed to go to my BIL's girlfriend's birthday party.

Well I suppose I should run for now. We're fixing to hit the road.
Ladybug2680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:20 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone

Jeanne-hang in there & don't beat yourself up-you're doing fantastic so just keep on going.
Tina, I got back on the treadmill about 2 weeks agao(almost) and I make myself do at least 15 minutes a night. I change the program every night too.
I haven't done much on my place lately. I want to re do my kitchen eventually-it's just a u-shaped & not an eat-in but I want to pay off my appliances first.

It's our thanksgiving this monday so a long weekend for us-I'm so glad. My next holidays aren't until the Christmas season-I'm off from 22 dec to the 4 of jan. I'm debating on whether I stay home for a change & decorate with the decorations that I haven't even used yet or go out west again. I don't know.
Anyway, let's all have a great weekend and stay on program. We're worth it

maureen
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:52 AM   #21  
Thursday Lady

Happy Saturday all,
Maureen and Mimi---an early Happy Thanksgiving to you two.

It's gorgeous weather again. Today is the Greek Festival in Houston. We go every year. There are tours through the cathedral and dancing by the children. We mainly go for the food! It's sooooo good. I save up my flex points for this day.

Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #22  
Susan

Hi,
Well, I'm right there with you on the eating..... I didn't do too bad this week but then went to happy hour for about 45 minutes yesterday.... then straight to the bowling alley ( I did have beer and french fries). My bowling is improving slightly.

A lady that bowls on the team we were bowling against was sweet and was giving me pointers. She teaches and said she wouldn't charge me if I would just come on Sundays to practice. I can't tomorrow but will next week. Her family was the team against us. She was really good and my score improved.

My ball however, didn't fit right so I have to take it back. I'm a little upset about that! But I'm taking it to the bowling alley where we bowl instead of the other place. My friend gave me her ball and a extra bag that she had. So I got the ball plugged and fitted for my hand but one of the fingers was very sore by the first game.

Pat and I are going to the Texas State Fair tomorrow. It will be fun. We are going early, so we might be there a short time or all day!!! Who knows what I will eat! I do try to be good but it's hard!!! I think cotton candy will be yelling at me!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Canadian friends!

This year has gone so fast!!! Can you believe that it's almost the end of October! Well, it's the 10th and will be the end before long!

Hugs to you all!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 06:53 AM   #23  
jeanne

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone!

I'm up early and thinking I need to be productive. Jessica is in a wedding today and we are all going this afternoon. Sunday is an unusual day for a wedding but they wanted to get married on 10-10-10! I'll have to post pictures since we don't ALL dress up very often! And I did get a new dress for the occasion.......3 sizes smaller than I use to wear~! Yay!
However, if I don't get back OP pretty soon, I won't be wearing that size very long!!!!

Susan - Was it the beer that helped you bowl better?? Have fun at the fair today!

Tina - How was the Greek Festival????

Dori - how was your visit with Justin's family?

Maureen & Mimi -

Tammy - Hi! Hope you are feeling well! I'll catch you over on facebook!

Well, I better get off this computer and get something productive done! Have a great day everyone!
jar1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 10:47 AM   #24  
Susan

Hi,
We are off to the fair in a few minutes. I'm excited!

Jeanne, I'm sure them, beer did help a lot! I even took my own bottles of water too,

Tina, I love festivals!

Maureen and Mimi, did you have a nice Thanksgiving? Have I asked before but do you have food like us turkey, dressing, etc.? Or something different? My cousin posted on FB that my aunt was from Canada. I never knew that? she died a long time ago.

Dori, have fun on your trip!

Tammy, are your bags packed?
Old 10-10-2010, 03:15 PM   #25  

Hi everyone-

Susan-the usual for thanksgiving up here is turkey & all the fixings-pumpkin pie etc-because I'm a vegetarian I won't have turkey-but I'm not going to be doing anything special anyway. Just came home from going to my nephew's in Sherbrooke que(with my brother) so I'm heading for a nice bath and will post pictures on face book
hope you all have a great time at the weddings, fairs festivals etc

have a great day

maureen
Old 10-11-2010, 05:19 PM   #26  
Thursday Lady

Maureen and Mimi
Old 10-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #27  

thank you Tina

maureen
Old 10-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #28  

I don't know why I can't get my tracker to work right!!!

Last edited by maureen kempster; 10-13-2010 at 05:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #29  
Thursday Lady

Hi all,
Maureen I was going to ask you why it was doing that.
How was your Thanksgiving? Did you have tofu turkey?

Okay, I've got to drink more water every day. I don't like water! Does anyone have a special cup or thermos that they use? Bottled water is too expensive to use all the time.

How is everyone doing? We're still having good weather. I should get outside to walk. I'm spoiled to my gym treadmill.

Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 PM   #30  
Susan

Hi,

Tina, I love water! I don't have a problem drinking it but I get out of the habit! I like it cold but I recently went to a massage therapist who told me it was better to drink room temp water. I'll find out when I go on thursday again. I drink 24 oz on the way to school and then more during the day. I was reading and I don't get enough fiber, so I'm adding benefiber to my water.