Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 10:25 AM   #1  
Water Freak

Default Weekend thread

So who else is hanging around this weekend? Or does everybody else have exciting plans? The weather here has cleared up nicely so a friend of mine and I have plannned out a 10 mile hike for this afternoon. It's longish, but pretty even terrain, so it should be nice. Just enough uphill to really work my butt. It's the peak weekend for leaves changing color (so late this year!), so we're taking cameras. I was out on a ridgetop yesterday and it's unbelievable. We're hoping the weather will hold all weekend and we can go hiking Sunday as well. So I will definitely be getting my exercise in! Went to the gym Thursday and did a bunch of weight exercises. I was sore yesterday Now if only I could get my eating under control. Kirsty asked what we would like to lose. My short term goal would be to lose my tent (5 pounds). Long term, I would like to lose a sack of rice (you can get these 15-lb sacks of rice, I'm sure somebody else has seen them!). A few quick resposnses to previous days posts:

Kier- Oh la la! NF sounds like he's a keeper!

Jen- Hope you are having a relaxing weekend and resting your poor back!

KT- I've been doing the oh I'll start tomorrow thing for too long too. We need to team up and stop the tomorrow demon!

Rina- Sounds like you're doing really well getting back on track. 5 days OP is impressive.

Laura- Have fun with the grandparents! And yes, two advisors is like having two bosses! Especially since one of them is six hours away so all discussion is by email AND the two of them have never met each other and don't seem to communicate much at all aside from a conference call two months ago.

Belle- YAY for Carmen! Hope your sis can take her home soon. Right now I'm doing my BS in environmental science. I'm sort of split as to what to do for grad school. On the one hand, I'd like to do a master's and PhD in public health and do epidemiology. On the other hand, I really like being outside, and I'd like to do ecology so I could maybe eventually wind up at a field station in the middle of nowhere and mess around in the woods a lot I'm not graduating until next year though, so I have a little time to decide.

Ok, that's practically a book. I'm off!

Cat
Old 10-26-2002, 10:34 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Hey Cat...I'm around this weekend on and off. Have a great hike.
Old 10-26-2002, 11:51 AM   #3  
Canadian Chick

Can you believe its theweekend already? My plan is to relax today. I had yesterday off but hubby was home sick with the flu so it was a little busy & stressful. Why are men like small children when they get sick? We woke up to a white winter wonderland this morning Not our first snow of the year but we're going to have to shovel this time-good exercise

Cat, have a great hike! You'll have to show us some of your leaf pics if you get a chance.

Jayne, your little diet coke note yesterday reminded me of an article one of my friends emailed me. I'm going to post it. Its really long but its very very interesting.

Anyway I'll be back later. Oh by the way to get a healthy BMI I need to lose a Super Model!!!

-Rina
Old 10-26-2002, 07:14 PM   #4  
Eve's Mom

Hey Cat and Rina! I am around for a bit too - but off to my halloween party soon.

B.f and I did a bunch of shopping today, it was fun. I got 3 xmas gifts so far - one for my neice, one for my bro in law and one for Baby Carmen too - I got her a 3-6 month baby Gap courdoy jump-dress with the little cord undies to go over the diapers. She'll have to wear tights or stretchy pants under it though. But its super cute. I am being hopeful that she comes home for xmas, I know. But she is doing very well still off the intubation and so maybe....if I can't hope, I can't do anything really.

I have to work tomorrow and then go to my nieces 4th b-day party. She had her friend party today and was quite pumped about the whole thing. Her mommy and daddy both went (no one at the hospital with Carmen then) so she was really happy.

I would like to lose my 4 year old neice - about 40lbs. That would be ideal and maintainable I think. In the short term, I am with Cat - I need to lose a tent at a time

Well, off I go. ...have a good weekend girls!

Belle (aka Hermione the witch)
Old 10-27-2002, 01:02 PM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals,

Belle, sounds like your having a fun weekend. Enjoy the b-day party! Glad to hear Carmen is still doing better!

Ali, thanks for posting that bio thread. It was always so fun to read through our other one. Anyone know what happened to our picture thread-is it still around?

Speaking of pictures. I've been having a real time trying to get my wedding pics up for you all to see. I can't get them small enough to load here so I thought I'd try this service my cousin uses called PhotoIsland. Well it was working fine but I used up all the free space so I've been trying to buy more b/c I thought this way I could chare my pictures not only with you guys but with all of my friends and family. Anyway for some reason it won't work. It keeps telling me transaction failed. I contacted ther webmaster & am still waiting to hear what's up. Anyway I'm working on it so hopefully I'll pics for you to look at soon

So today I'm home all alone (as I am every weekend since that's always when DH works). Most of the time I'm ok with it since with his bro living with us I'm never hardly home alone but this weekend I had four hours yeaterday & now this whole day. At first it was nice but now I'm feeling lonely & that's when I want ot eat! We have a really small circle of friends here b/c everyone keeps moving away and my best friend is out with the flu today & everyone else is working. To make it worse the friends who live far away don't semm to be answering their phones today & my Mom who is always my fallback is gone away on holidays so I've got no one to talk to. So instead of eating I came here to babble & pretend like I'm hanging out with someone. Its really snowing right now so at least I'm going to get to shovel the driveway again Am I weird b/c I think that's fun? Don' t answer that! I think I might go for a walk too if its not too cold out. Other than that there's not too much else to do. I got my cleaning all done yesterday & I can't cross-stitch b/c my arms are really sore from doing it so much lately plus being so busy at work. I don't feel like reading. The thing I turn to for comfort besides eating is shopping but the budget is really tight so I'm busy reminding myself of that so I don't sneak to the mall! Argh! At least I'm aware of these crazy things I do for comfort so I can safeguard myself. Anybody else have things they do for comfort that actually sabatoge them? Its a real struggle for me but I just have to keep myself aware & be on my toes. Anyway I'm sure you've had enough babble from me already. I think I'm going to put on some Christmas tunes & make my Christmas shopping list. I love love LOVE Christmastime! I can't wait for it to come & all of this snow is really putting me in the Christmas mood! Anyway I'm sure I'll be back later b/c I've still got most of the day to get through....

-Rina
Old 10-27-2002, 07:22 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Rina: wow I thought I was the youngest regular poster here, you beat me No problem, I pulled up the photo thread for ya Rina I am a shopoholic too! I have been really good as of late though (except when I bought like $130 of make-up a month ago). Still you have an awesome job! That's amazing

Belle: I hope your halloween party went well The outfit you bought for Carmen sounds adorable

Jayne: Howdy!

Cat: Ah hikes are always fun!

Anyhoo, I have to work up my nerve to ask my friend to do something again. I think I will talk with him about everything and stuff. Just lay it out, tell him I like him (he knows and he has told me he likes me) and that I would be interested in upping the friendship a bit. You see, he's a challenge, generally the guys pursue me. This is just weird to get used to. Argh! Guys confuse me sometimes (okay all the time).

Take care!

Ali
Closed Thread