Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 01:24 PM   #1  

Default Weekend Thread -- January 31 & February 1

I can't believe I'm still the first to get here at nearly 1:30 pm! Couldn't get on earlier because our cable was out. No cable = no 'net for me!

I guess we're all pretty busy this weekend, huh? Hope yo're all having a great one. I'll check in with further developments later!

Love and Hugs,
Christy
Old 01-31-2004, 01:25 PM   #2  
WW on-line since 1/1/2009

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'5"

Default Daily Thread - Sat., Jan. 31

Wow! It's after noon and I'm the one starting the thread? Where is everyone?

I didn't make the f2f meeting. No excuses. Just woke up and didn't feel like putting forth the effort.

I have a lot of grading to do, but first I have to clean off the kitchen table. I don't have a desk (well, I do, but I can't get to it for all of hubby's crap that's piled all over it!) so I have to grade at the table.

Check in, everyone!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:37 PM   #3  
Slimming down in San Fran

S/C/G: 275/191/150

Height: 5'8"

Good afternoon everybody!

I have been up since 9:30 but have been cleaning my apartment like mad! It's all done now... dining room table cleared off, dishes washed, laundry put away, bathroom scrubbed, floor vacuumed, bed made, bedding put out for overnight guests. Yes THAT'S why I'm doing this My sister and her fiance are coming, to celebrate her 30th birthday! Yeay!

I finished wrapping her present too. It's a pendant and silver chain I got at a really nice pagan store in Great Barrington (Crystal Essence.) The pendant is long, about 2.5 inches, with a clear quartz moon face, surrounded by silver work, accented by a faceted garnet rectangle, a plum jasper triangle at the bottom (looks like a dark grey stone with snowflakes sprinkled on it), and at the top, a cabochon ruby. I'm hoping she loves it as much as I do She pointed out a ivory moon pendant in the same store a couple years ago, so we'll see! Thankfully, my mom and I split the cost

I also tossed in a fancy bottle of Australian Shiraz

We're going out to dinner and clubbing in Northampton after they get to my parents... Should be fun!

Well, now that I've got all the fun stuff out of the way: I overate Thursday and Friday. Sigh! I wasn't even that stressed out, I just slipped. Thursday it was a big bag of corn chips and chili con queso dip that I got for my sister and her bf (supposedly!), ate while watching TV, and Friday night I had a big craving for Indian food that I overindulged with bread, appetizers, Malai Kofta, and wine.

BUT I am back on track now, and have reinforced 2 things to myself:
1) Do not bring foods into the house that I know I will eat too much of (this includes chips, Luna bars, dip, pizza, high-fat take-out.) If I am buying for guests, buy the food the day of their arrival.
2) Plan meals ahead of time, or if in a hurry, have something quick like healthy frozen foods, like Amy's stuff, or an omelette. Going and getting take-out when ravenous is a bad plan for me!

Live and learn! Before I would have let myself slip, and continue slipping... but I'm looking at this instead as 2 nights of missteps, and 14 days of eating well.

This afternoon, I made a healthy breakfast and I'm planning on eating light tonight before we go dancing (who wants to eat a big meal before lots of jumping around anyway hehehe!).

I'll get there... Have a great weekend all!
Old 01-31-2004, 07:41 PM   #4  

Christy...Okay, technically, I was the first one on. I made a Jan 31 thread.

Glad to see everyone's having a good day.

Sarah...you're smart to recognize that there are just some foods you can't have in the house.

Chris, Ellis, Kat....where are you?
Old 01-31-2004, 08:02 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Jennelle, how's the marking going?

Sarah, what a lovely gift! Nice wine, too. Enjoy yourself!

Christy, where are you? Having cable troubles again?

Chris and Kat... are you there, girls!?

We're celebrating our DS's birthday this weekend... he's turning eight. My baby...
Otherwise, not much happening...

love and hugs to all...
Old 02-01-2004, 12:07 AM   #6  
Searching

Default I am here!

Hi Everybody,

My willingness to get my work done is low so I will check in! I have alot to do tonight and it is storming. Hopefully it won't be so bad I will have to stay in Blair in the morning. But I am not going to worry about it, I live in God's care so it always works out the way its suppose to.

Ellis- Happy Birthday to your DS! kids gow too fast lady, extra hugs and kisses, and spankens for growing up

Jenelle- Not quite first, I combined the threads and it does them in time order When your ready you will find a F2F meeting that you will enjoy. Grading on the weekend? Make the kids do it unless its a test

Sarah- As long as we keep learning lady! You won't find much for sweets or chips in my house cause I just can't handle them. Wise of you to see that.

Christy- Where is the chatty cathy in you? Have a faboo day ladies!

Miss Chris
Old 02-01-2004, 12:10 AM   #7  

Chris - Do you know that we're not allowed to have children grade each other's work anymore? It has something to do with a case a few years back where a mom sued the school district (and won) because kids in her son's fourth grade class were making fun of his grades. The court decided that it's a privacy issue.
Old 02-01-2004, 12:37 AM   #8  
Searching

Default Oh Jenelle!

OMG! Just another insight into how insane the world is

God grant me the serenity..........

Miss Chris
Old 02-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #9  

Default Where was I, you ask...

Out overeating? Nope. Having cable problems again? Uh-uh. How about out getting an awesome deal on a gorgeous 2004 Jeep Liberty? Oh, yeah! We spent the afternoon at a much nicer dealership with a salseman who didn't try to screw us over. (Or if he did, I couldn't tell it!) And I must say, I look awfully darn cute in it! So that's how I spent my day yesterday. I'm so excited!

Chris -- Stay safe! I saw all the mess in your area on the Weather Channel. I hope work is going well for you!

Jennelle -- No papers for me to grade this weekend since we only went to school one day last week! I'm anxious to hear how it goes when you make a f2f meeting. I went to an online one Friday and hope to again this evening while DH is engrossed in the big game. Do you suppose there will be anyone in a meeting during the Super Bowl?

Ellis -- Happy birthday to the boy! Isn't it amazing that he's eight? My baby is six now...sniffle.

Sarah -- Okay, I can't share the mundane details of old married life with you! It sounds like you had a great evening planned. Report back and let us live vicariously through you...sigh.

Kat -- I know you're busy with guests, but I'm hoping you're having a great time!

It's going to be a busy day. We've got a pastor appreciation potluck at church and my DH is having some people over to watch the game, so I have to get ready for that, too. Plus lesson plans. There's going to be a lot of food temptations and I'm not even sure I'll have time to cruise around in my new Jeep (sorry had to throw that in ...I've never gotten to pick my own new car before!). Oh, but if I make it a point to go to the Wellness Center, I'll have to drive there, won't I?

All right, I'm not getting broccoli casserole made sitting here, am I? I'll check back in later. Hope y'all have an awesome day!

Much love,
Christy
Old 02-01-2004, 08:51 AM   #10  

Good morning!

I had a lovely support PM from Chris at 4 this morning, and having had a few more hours sleep, I feel ummm.. pretty good!
Thank you, sweet Chris.

Okay, I'll bite. What's the Super Bowl?
Congratulations on your first new vehicle, Christy. If you can keep the kids and the pets out of it, it'll retain that "new car smell" for a little longer.
Yes, my eight-year old still looks like a baby to me. Everyone else says, "Oh, my. He's REALLY growing up!" And I'm thinking, "NO! He's NOT growing up! He's just a baby!"
My daughter was almost seven when he was born, and previous to that, I'd always thought she looked so little. When he was born and she came into the hospital room for her first visit with us, I thought, "OH MY GOD! SHE'S HUGE!!!"
Are there many carbs in that broccoli casserole? If not, may I have the recipe, please? Have fun at the potluck... stay OP!!

Jennelle, that's insane re: the marking. The parent/school/school board addressed the wrong issue. There should be zero tolerance where taunting, bullying, etc is concerned.

Chris, don't you go out on bad roads! Hear me? You may be living in God's care, but you need to use your head as well. Did you get all your "stuff" done?

Kat and Sarah, I hope you're enjoying your house guests! You'll have lovely clean homes when they're gone. (I hope!)

Last night DH tried to convince me to go to church with he and the kids this morning, but I REALLY need some "me time". I think I went twice last month, and now he thinks I'll be going regularly.
I've joined an exercise challenge on the South Beach forum, so I may post my exercise times in here as well if no one minds. And I'm seriously considering getting a belly-dancing tape/dvd. It doesn't seem possible that a British person can belly-dance, but a friend of mine (Mauvais) does it, and SHE'S British, so maybe it is possible to make my hips move seductively.

Have a wonderful day, girls... love and hugs to all...
Old 02-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #11  

Ellis - re: the Super Bowl...it's like the Stanley Cup of American football. It's only one game, though, as opposed to what - five? seven? (I should ask my daughter. She's a total hockey freak. )

Chris - I just looked up your weather...snow snow and more snow! Be careful and stay warm!

Christy - Yay on your new car!

I ended the day yesterday just barely abstinent, but with a renewed feeling of committment. I thought my son said he was getting off work at midnight, but it actually was 12:30. While I sat there and waited, I listened to a radio play on Christian AM radio about the changes God can make in one's life. The point was that things don't happen all at once like a boulder dropping from the sky. The point was that the more you grow in Christ, the more you appreciate your blessings. It was a message I needed to hear.

Jennelle
Old 02-01-2004, 03:37 PM   #12  

Ellis -- Oh my goodness! You're British? I thought you were Canadian! I'd love to try bellydancing, too. You get a DVD and I'll get a DVD and we'll share a laugh about it. My DH would get far too excited about such an exercise program, I'm afraid. I think I've got too much belly to be dancing just yet though.

I'd be glad to PM you my recipe for broccoli casserole, but it does contain large quantities of white rice and Cheez Whiz. It isn't very healthy at all...other than the broccoli, but it makes a wonderfully fast and tasty last minute addition to a church potluck!

Jennelle -- You hang on to that abstinence! I love what you heard on the radio and how it touched you. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure it's difficult for you to open up like that, but it feels good not to hold it all inside. Plus it gives us a chance to let you know that we struggle to and you're not alone. (((hugs))) Glad your son made it home safely!

Chris -- Did you make it home or are you stranded in the boonies? Prayers for safe travel heading your way!

Back to work now!

Christy
Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 PM   #13  
Searching

Default I am home, but...........

I should of stayed in the boonies because now I have to drive in this stuff and it makes me very stessed I have all this fear about driving in it. Please send me some 's to help me with my serenity and safety to work.

Maybe Christy can come pick me up in her new Jeep

I will be back later I need to get ready for work because I need to leave the house at least 2 hours early.

Miss Chris
Old 02-01-2004, 04:33 PM   #14  

Chris, please let us know as soon as you're back safely. Saying prayers for you, sweetie...
Old 02-01-2004, 07:26 PM   #15  

Chris -- So sorry you have to go out in the snowy mess, hon! I've sent up prayers for you every little bit this afternoon and I have faith that you will be okay.

P.S. I'd love to come get you in my new Jeep, but we couldn't go to work. We'd have to go shopping or do something fun!

Ellis -- Great, now everytime I come here I picture you with belly dancer garb on and speaking with a British accent. Can't figure out how you walk in all the snow with your coins jingling...

Love,
Christy
Closed Thread