Old 06-16-2010, 07:14 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 223/192.6/160

Height: 5'7

Good Morning all and Happy Wednesday to everyone!

Tessa: Welcome to our group, you sound like you will fit in here just fine!

Bandit: How did you walk go last night? A walk on the beach sounds heavenly!

Cherry: Great job on the weigh in! congrats that is fabulous!

Judy: How are you doing this week so far? Did you go to Tuesday W/I?

Kim: Great job on the not drinking soda! That is wonderful!

Not much is new here really... just chugging along. I looks like I will be able to mow the yard tomorrow after work but before my W/I so I will get in some exercise and hope that it helps like it did last week... LOL. The hot muggy weather here makes me sweat while mowing so maybe that will help too

Going to grill some chicken for supper tonight with a salad and a side of rice so at least I have that planned out.

Have a great day all!
Princess
Princess1122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:37 AM   #17  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Itryharder~ The BBQ was on Monday for our students. A lot of them don’t have much at home, so we try to feed them as often as possible.

bandit2~ How did your walk go on the beach? I wish there were a beach around here…

CherryAutumn
~ Thank you for the welcome! A 4.8 pound loss! That is amazing! Congratulations!

Clever Tessa
~ Welcome!!!

Princess1122
~ How is your garden now? Has the rain stopped long enough for it to dry out?

Sorry I haven’t been on for a couple of days. I had a fight with my mom’s computer on Monday and lost, and then had to work at school until 4:30 yesterday and then at the restaurant until 10. I ordered a burger for dinner last night and asked for them to put it on wheat toast, but they didn’t. And due to getting three tables right after I ordered my food, my burger was cold anyways. I should have been a pain and sent it back in for the wheat toast, but I was a wuss and didn’t. Instead I ate it as is and ordered 3, yes 3, sides of grilled squash and zucchini (which was AMAZING!). I am now on day 12 of no soda, and am starting to find it a lot easier to resist temptation! Happy Wednesday!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:44 AM   #18  
Returnee

Good morning all!

Thank you for the welcomes! I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Last night was the end of my first week back to WW for the, um, I think 5th time? I was down 5.4 pounds - the first week is always pretty sweet. Had a couple non-scale victories (nsv!) - the biggest was that I had a huge blowout with one of my employees after he pulled a truly bone-headed move and didn't run for the fridge after - and didn't even realize I didn't run for the fridge until the day *after* the blowup. That's huge for me... typically stress is a trigger (like it is for 99.99% of emotional eaters). Instead of eating I ranted, sure, but ranting doesn't make your butt big.

Lookin' forward to another week - my ultimate goal is to be below 200 by my trip to CA in August. So, 15 pounds in 8 weeks? I think that just might be doable!

Bandit - I'm jealous... I moved to central Oregon from the SF bay area and miss the ocean horribly. I've gone to the Oregon coast a few times, but there's a HUGE range of mountains (aka the Cascades, LOL!) that kinda blocks my view!

Kim - Bravo on the soda! Both my best friends are soda fiends and struggle with what you've gone through.

Have a great week all, I should go get some work done!

Tes
Clever Tessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:56 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 220/197/160

Height: 5'-3"

Hi turtles:

Princess - nice job planning ahead for your dinner, its those changes that make all the difference at the scales.

Kim - you are doing great with your soda control. Good for you!

Tes - WOW, that is a big weight loss, nice job!

My walk was really nice - it was a beautiful sunny evening perfect for walking near water. Lots of people with their dogs so that was nice to see how excited they all get running around. Afterwards we had coffee & nice chat with the ladies to catch up on everyones busy lives. Super group.

So, hope everyone has a great week. Made a big greek salad for my lunch to change that up & will also have 1/2 toasted english muffin with that.
Anyone make anthing really yummy lately?

Have a great day!
bandit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #20  

Wow there has been a lot of posts since I last checked. Kiddies still not feeling well and are laying around looking miserable. The baby who is almost 1 does not want to be put down whats so ever. Going batty here on the home front.

Tess- Welcome. Didnt even know we had a new turtle. Hope to get to know you better.

Bandit/ Princess/ Judy/ and kim- Just going to say a group Hi. I will try to get back soon to read more posts and hopefully get to post myself.
CherryAutumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 03:51 PM   #21  
Returnee

Cherry, Sorry to hear about the sick kiddos! Hopefully all is well soon - sounds like you deserve a nice, long bubble bath! (ya know, soak the sore hip the baby's been sitting on, LOL!). Thanks for the welcome too!

I did actually make something yummy recently, but it was so stinkin' simple it seems crazy to post.... It was just a taco salad - I have one of those thingies you can put a tortilla in and bake it to create a crisp shell (bowl). Spooned in some heated Taco Bell fat free refried beans (mixed with salsa and diced onion), a few heaping handfuls of romaine lettuce, grape tomatos, a few ounces of grilled chicken and a dollop of fat free sour cream and salsa o' plenty. Didn't even miss the cheese (Hello my name is Tessa and I'm addicted to cheese - oh, and peanut butter, oh, and Jr. Mints - total crack).

So, no big whoop of a recipe, but I'd forgotten about this tasty dinner and now I'll put it back into the meal rotation.

Ok, back to work!

Tes

Last edited by Clever Tessa; 06-16-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #22  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

to Tessa, you're a lively addition to this group! Yay! Hey, and : to you for such a great weight loss! Weigh to go.

Gals, I don't have a minute to write, but : and to all of us. I managed to read everyone's posts and we're doing great.

Today was my grandson's graduation from kindgergarten and we made a full day of it. I weighed in at my mtg. this morning but couldn't stay because we decorated his house while he and his parents were at the ceremony. I was up .2# this week which was a great accomplishment considering how many special activities we had and how I was only able to squeeze in on two days. crazy!
Gotta run but will chime in again soon.
Judy
234.6/192/189-----I will get there LOL
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM   #23  

Morning all!

Did the grilled chicken last night, it was wonderful. Not really sure about tonight since it is W/I for me, most likely grab something easy when I get home from my meeting.

Judy: Congrats on your W/I, that is wonderful and the .2 was most likely fluid so great job!

Kim: Yep, it finally has stopped raining but supposed to start again this weekend... the garden is super wet and now with all the rain it is full of weeds, ugh! Oh well, it will give me something to do and keep me busy and out of the kitchen as I weed the garden

Tessa: I love cheese and PB too! I love most foods, LOL, guess that is why I am a WW and most likely will be for life Your taco salad sounds awesome and just the right thing for a hot summer night!

Bandit: No new recipes here really, I need to get on the ball and try some more from TBL book or some of my WW books. Walk on the beach and coffee with friends... what a wonderful evening that must have been!

Cherry: Hope your kids feel better soon, I know how draining that can be on a mother. Take care of yourself!

Have to run but have a super day all!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:29 AM   #24  
Returnee

Happy Friday eve!

Thanks for the enthusiastic welcome Judy! LOL! Lively.... yeah, my Mom would just call it nutty - my Dad used to follow my Mom through the grocery store hunched over and limping like Quasimodo saying "yessss master" when she was pregnant with me - and she claims I inherited his sense of humor. BAH! So, occasionally y'all may need to forgive The Far Side in me.

And that .2? Heck, I'd call that maintenance to be honest with you. With a bunch of special things going on that's awesome. The grandson's party sounds so cute too!

Princess - The salad was good for warm weather, of which we have had 6 days of so far this year! Yes, we have a freeze warning this morning and I was greeted by frost when I walked out the door. Apparently central Oregon doesn't deserve Spring. Brrrrrrr..... Well, I guess it'll make for good snowshoeing in the winter. I can't believe it's mid-June and I'm still looking up soup recipes!

If anyone knows how to shoo rabbits please let me know. The little @#%$&@ pests have dug under my house AGAIN. They did it in November and caused my pipes to freeze (they removed all the dirt from around the water pipe coming in from my well and exposed it to -10 temps). I tried chicken wire with huge rocks on it - but now they've dug more holes and the rocks are just falling down in the holes. I'm going to try coyote spray.... If that fails, I'm making a nice bed for our 100 pound Chocolate Lab "puppy" (he's 2) under the deck by Rabbitville. I'm sure he'd like to play with the bun-buns.

If I start talking about recipes for rabbit stew, you'll now know why.

Have a great day everyone!

Tes

Last edited by Clever Tessa; 06-17-2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old 06-18-2010, 07:29 AM   #25  

Good morning everyone and happy Friday to you all! Love Fridays!

W/I went really well last night... I was down 2.2, I will take it! This week I hope to do even better and get more exercise in so we will see how it goes. Sunday we will most like cook out for Fathers Day but have not decided what is actually on the menu yet.

Tessa: It is super hot here in the midwest for this time of year... we will be in the 90's again this weekend... ugh! Good luck with the bunny issue! Your reference to Quasimodo made me laugh... I love to refer back to stuff that was said and done in the "Young Frankinstien" movie... LOL! One of my all time favorites for a good laugh!

Have to run but take care and have a great weekend everyone!
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #26  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Hi Turtles,
I have no cure for shooing rabbits away. The little furries are eating all my plants. Ugh. We didn't plant much this year---just a couple of tomato plants which are giving up the ghost. We finally had some rain which the weathermen have been threatening for the last three weeks and it did the plants a lot of good. Impatiens and petunias are looking up and my new miniature daylillies are gorgeous! Also my Stella Dora lillies are beautiful. They are supposed to bloom again later in the summer, so I've got my fingers crossed.

Princess : You're right back in the groove of good weight losses. Weigh to go! Yay and
I like your idea of BBQ for this weekend.

My ds and his family are coming in to stay with us for the weekend. It's going to be take out food, but I've decided to make a simple jambalaya in my crockpot for me and anyone else who wants to stick to their eating plan. I can't afford to throw this weekend away with poor food choices.

Tes, wow, I am glad to know someone from Oregon. Sounds like your weather is wild! keep up the good work with your eating. You're doing great.

Bandit and Lin and Lauren and Cherry and LinK : and
I've gotta run and shop for food for this weekend, but everybody have a good one!
Judy
234.6/192/189 by hook or by crook!
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:00 AM   #27  

Hi turtles:

Sounds like everyone is coping with weight loss and doing great at the scales.

Princess - nice loss! Keep it up

Judy - they shouldn't even mention .2# - that just makes me mad when that happens - it is nothing!

Tess - my mom had bunnies problem and she bought one of those plastic frogs that croaks when someone walks past & the bunnies have disappeared.
It scared them and they were running all over the place. Worked for her!

Hot day up here so I am cutting my grass early and then heading up to the lake, will be nice to be up near the water. I made chicken caccitore last night and served over spaghetti squash - turned out really good & so easy.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
Old 06-18-2010, 03:25 PM   #28  
Returnee

Happy Friday!!!!

Well, my Mom bought some Liquid Fence for rabbits for me (well, for the rabbits, I'm sure it won't keep me out of MY home). Let's see how that goes... My Dad keeps making Elmer Fudd jokes - it's getting kinda old. (where's the smiley for laughing my butt off, but with sarcasm?) :\

Bandit, that is fantastic idea!!! Made me laugh out loud, but you know, it just might work! Wonder what my cats will do when they hear ribbiting outside? HA!

Princess, big ol' congrats on the loss this week! Another freeze warning here this morning - I'm in the high desert (yes, the seemingly mythological desert in rainy Oregon), but even for us this is crazy weather. Oh, and I guess you could call me "Abby Normal" then? LOL!!!!

Judy, yup, almost dead center of the state, east of the Cascades. Moved here from the SF area. Went from a town of 180,000 to one of 4,000 (if the Snowbirds are home). "Culture shock" is an understatement! Enjoy your time with your son this weekend!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Tes

Last edited by Clever Tessa; 06-18-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #29  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

Clever Tessa~ 15 lbs. is totally doable!!! 5.4 lbs. in one week is great! That taco salad sounds super yummy, I might just have to steal that! Cats will chase rabbits away as well, as they are a natural predator. Are your cats outdoor cats? My dad’s not here right now, but I’ll ask him what he did to keep the rabbits from the berry farm when he gets back.

bandit2~ I’ve been making a super yummy buffalo chicken wrap recently for lunch, toasted and super yummy! How was your day at the beach?

CherryAutumn
~ How are the kids feeling today?

Itryharder
~ Congratulations on your grandson’s graduation! Great job planning ahead for the weekend to stay OP!!!

Princess1122
~ What do you have in your garden? I have corn, green peppers, banana peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, beans, potatoes and red peppers. My green peppers are already pretty big! Congrats on 2.2lbs!!!

My parents vacation to Maine is over today, so I should be seeing them shortly. I still have some quick cleaning up to do, but I was pretty good about keeping things neat, so I’m not overly worried if they get here before I can spruce everything up. I’m getting ready to make some buffalo chicken wraps, then relaxing a little bit before I have to go to work! Happy Saturday everyone!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM   #30  

Hi turtles:

Weekend was busy, but good. Went up to lake and my dd and her bf came up & we went down to the outdoor bar area and they had live entertainment for a few hours, so that was fun.

Tess - good luck with your rabbits, always something to deal with.

Kim - your chicken wrap sounds great, will have to try that very soon.

It was hot up here today but we still enjoyed ourselves. My dd was here and my ex came over for Fathers Day & I visited with my mom & stepdad early in the day. So lots of activity here.

This week is our last official Tops meeting for the summer. We still have weigh in only and I found that was really tough for such a long time not to have meetings, I might suggest maybe going for coffee after our weigh ins, just to chat with the ladies and try and keep our motivation up. Will see how that goes.

Princess/Judy - hope you also had a great weekend.

Lets all have a successful week at the scale!