Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2002, 08:49 AM   #1  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Talking Friday, I Love You!!!

Anyone else remember this eighties song? Or am I dating myself here? Just starting the thread, bbiam...
Old 08-02-2002, 09:04 AM   #2  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Default Good Morning

I am so excited about my shopping trip that I am just going to jump into it without any preliminaries. In the past, I had a lot of trouble fitting into Misses sizes and, more often than not, I ended up going over to the Women's sizes. Wel,, yesterday at Mall oF America, I was in Nordstroms, and found a beautiful denim dress, originally $170, on sale for $40, if you can believe that! But I wasn't too hopeful, because it was in the misses department, and kind of form-fitting without being tight if you know what I mean. So I grab the XL and try it on without expecting great things. Would you believe that it was too big and I had to go back for the large??? I was absolutely thrilled, and still am in case you haven't noticed!!! I could have done a backflip! All in all it was a very successful trip, since it was also Clinique gift week, so I got a bunch of free makeup for buying some things I needed anyway. We also did some serious damage at the stamp and scrapbooking store (would you believe I am going to attemp to do hand-stamped Christmas cards this year???) as well as the Mary Engelbreit store (love her!), and concluded the day with an OP dinner. Great fun! Didn't go on any rides myself, but took Aaron on the Merry-Go Round, upon which he screams with delight until the whole thing is over. We have to go to another mall today to pick up something else, and I just may take him on the carousel there too, because it's so fun to watch his little face.

Jess, I was pondering your plateau, and drawing on my (ashamed to say 5 years of) WW experience listening to leaders, and here is what I came up with:

1. In the summer, we really tend to retain lots of water, and that can cause a plateau to last all summer long, at times...try cutting all salt from your diet for a week to see if that's the problem (if you're up to it...I couldn't handle that myself!)

2. If you are doing consistent exercising, make sure you are eating the earned points too. You may be consuming too few calories for your activity level, causing your body to put a halt on all loss.

3. You may also be at a stagnant fitness level, meaning your body has adjusted to your exercising, and you need to bump it up a notch. If you're not weight training, it's a good time to add that in. If you are, try increasing your weights by a few pounds. As far as the cardio, if you are walking, either add more distance or see if you can do your same distance in a shorter time at a more intense pace (or apply this principle to whatever cardio you are doing).

I don't know if any of this will help, but here it is if you're inclined to try any of it. Good luck sweety, you're doing so well and you're going to get off this plateau and be hurtling back down the mountain in no time, I know it!

Lisa, I was thinking about you and Brian too...hope that you got to play some tonsil hockey last night! I love Japanese food, because you can eat lots of sushi for not too many points! But if you don't like it, I guess it's not a fun place to be. Maybe you guys should try some fitness related activities, like bike riding, hiking, walking the freedom trail, rock climbing...

I read yesterday's post, but was kind of in a daze and can't for the life of me remember what else there was...hope everyone has a great OP day! End of novel
Old 08-02-2002, 09:08 AM   #3  
Duchess Tiger Lily

Jess, I just had a brainstorm about something a leader had me do while on a six-week plateau... I ate at the next highest points level for two weeks, then went down to the low end of the points I was supposed to be eating at. I don't, however, know if this worked, because it was at this point I learned I was pregnant and had to quit WW...so it's a gamble, but if you're desperate...
Old 08-02-2002, 09:12 AM   #4  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Wink Good Morning!

Good morning everyone! WI was OK yesterday. I stayed exactly where I was last week. This week I'm going to try mixing up my points more and hopefully that'll get me off this darn plateau.

Went and saw BF last night. I really pigged out yesterday. Had Chinese buffet for lunch. My first trip up, I just got a bunch of fruit and a bowl of egg drop soup. My second trip was a big pile of steamed rice, two chicken skewers, two crab rangoon, and two of those little donut-tasting things. The third trip was a repeat of the second. I left that place feeling SO full... Dinner was 1/2 of a big nacho plate, some cotton candy flavored Mike and Ikes, a Kit Kat bar, gummy bears, and some pretzels.

Oh well, today starts a whole new WW plan for me and things will be better.

That's all for now from me, hello to anyone posting at the same time as me!
Old 08-02-2002, 09:20 AM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Jayne--Wow! Thanks so much for all of the suggestions for my plateau! Since I'm running out of ideas, I'm glad that you have some! Maybe I DO need to start using my earned activity points. I (unintentionally) eat about the same # of points everyday, regardless of whether or not I exercise. Lately, I haven't used banked or activity points (due to this darn plateau), and maybe I need to start using them...

Thanks again! See? This is why this group is SO great! We don't even "know" each other, but we're like really close friends. And since nobody at my WW meeting will talk to me, it's good to have other WW's that can help.
Old 08-02-2002, 09:31 AM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Ughhh, I am still feeling rotten, but now my back is aching. I was able to get an appointment with my doctor for this afternoon. I am miserable.

Not much else is new with me.

Jayne, hubby and I were thinking of hitting the MOA in the near future. I went to college near there and we frequented the place quite a bit. I love the different and unique stores.

Jess, you can do it girl. Your body is probably just getting used to the weight loss and you need to shock it a little. Definately eat your exercise points, and maybe try some new exercises or a new mixture so you aren't always doing the same thing.
Old 08-02-2002, 10:06 AM   #7  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Jayne - that's great about the dress. A large!!!!! It's such a step and I bet it felt great... I so love that feeling! Yuo're so inspiring lately with your advice - thanks for that. There was definately tonsil hockey!

Jess - that's good you stayed the same last night. As for the pigging out, sometimes one off-day actually gives your metabolism a kick. It will happen really soon... i can feel it!

Jen - I am so glad you're getting to the doctor. I hope it's nothing serious.... I'll be thinking about you.

So, last night was fun. We went for Japanese and after almost throwing up after he talked me into trying sushi, we went back to his brother’s place where he was house sitting. Oh, and when I suggested I pay this time, he said “Not a chance. It’s my pleasure.” We sat on the deck for a while, until we realized the lawn furniture would not be comfortable in the long run.

We went in, he lit candles, poured wine and put John Mayer, Nora Jones, and Simon and Garfunkle on shuffle. He warned me that once “Your body is a Wonderland” came on, that he might not be able to contain himself. Luckily, that song came on like 4th. And he made his move… I was glad he made the first move. The whole evening was so great. We made out and cuddled and exchanged massages until 1am. I’m seeing him again on Saturday. Although… I like him so much, that I’m not exactly sure why I’m so apprehensive. I guess I don’t think I’m ready to give up my single life. But at the same time I want to continue seeing him. UGH! He’s already asked if I would go to Maine with him for the weekend next month.

Lisa
Old 08-02-2002, 10:32 AM   #8  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Ohhh Lisa... Young love. I miss those first goo goo eyes and the stomach butterflies that come with them!!! Yahh... You Go Girl!

Single Life is nice and I hated giving it up, but having someone to share your life with is also AWESOME! Always having someone to talk to and someone to let the steam out to, knowing they will understand. Oh it's great. And always having a date, and someone to eat dinner with. It out weighs the single life. Just remember that if you take time for yourself also, you will be more happy and feel less like you are giving up something.
Old 08-02-2002, 11:37 AM   #9  
Cockeyed Optimist

Jayne - woo-hoo! If I was there I'd do a little happy dance for you. How exciting! Also, excellent advice for Jess. I always appreicate your wisdom even when it isn't directed at me.

Jess - maintaining is GOOD! You could be me - completely out of control and gaining.

Jen-L - so glad that you are seeing the doctor. I hope he can figure out what the cure is.

Lisa - wow-whee girl! I'm so happy for you. I'm glad that things are working out well. As far as being nervous at giving up the single life - I suggest you don't. You're dating right now - not marrying the guy. Go out with him, enjoy his company and always make sure that you take time in your week for the things you do on your own like rock climbing and with your friends like bar hopping! Keep somethings just for yourself - and don't apologize for doing that.

Work is still crazy. Went to see Goldmember last night - very funny. Afterwards went to this new bar - lots of cute guys. Unfortunately I was out with male buddies but I'm going back with my girlfriends for sure!

Laura
Old 08-02-2002, 01:08 PM   #10  
Proud Canadian

Hi Everyone.

Jayne - you are just a fountain of information. I have to remember all those ideas for my next plateau. I'm so glad you had a fun shopping trip - yay size large!!

Jess - You hop up onto that wagon and stay on it! We know you can do it!!

Jen - hope you're feeling better. I was very dizzy last night but I'm hoping you can't catch anything over the internet.

Lisa - Yay! sounds like a good date. except for the throwing up. I always eat the "no-fish" sushi like california rolls and avacado rolls - or anything with prawn. But there's so much other good stuff too. A weekend in Maine...hmmmm.

Laura - I loved that movie - Have fun working.

I have WI tomorrow - I'm not that hopeful, my weekend lapsed into Tuesday and I didn't get to aerobics as much as I would have liked. But I get to spend the rest of the day with my baby sister (the 26 year old) They've decided to get married at the hotel because they can't do it at the church and they're OK with the decision although my sister wants a red carpet to walk down. We're doing last minute planning things tomorrow so she can relax this week. It should be fun.

Hello to anyone else lurking or posting right now. Have a great weekend everyone!
KT
Old 08-02-2002, 03:34 PM   #11  

hi everyone! I've been here lurking-I was on vacation this week-my best friend is coming today for a visit and I need to finish cleaning...but a quick update-I went back to WW after three weeks and was up almost 4 pounds! I know some of it is from the lifting and strength training I have been doing at the gym for the past two-three weeks..but it's still discouraging. but, I have renewed my commitment and changed my sig to the accurate one...how depressing...

Lisa-Whoo hoo-those first few weeks of a r'ship are so much fun...

Jayne-congrats on the large
Jess-hang in there-I hear you-i've been gaining and losing the same eight pounds for a year now!!!
jen-Lthanks for the suggetions-hope you feel better
KT good luck tonight!
lori
Closed Thread