Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2002, 10:16 PM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fabulous 40's #127

Dianne,
What a great effort you made...good job! I've missed you around here

Es,
Poor David, the wisdom teeth can give so much trouble. I'm hoping he feels better; bet he can't wait to have it over with. I'll bet he's very happy to have you there for him.

This weekend went great. The picnic was a success, inspite of temps in the low 90's and extremely high humidity. We had a poolful last evening when it was over.

I'm feeling very positive about a new week beginning, with it comes a renewed sense of motivation. I've got my journal ready to go.

HI to Zoe, Janie, Sandy, Terri.....how is everyone?

~Jen
Old 07-29-2002, 12:53 PM   #2  

Good Monday Morning everyone,
I have been OP for 2 days in a row so far. I haven't been exercising as much though. Since Steve wrecked the car we have been with only one vehicle. I have still been walking but I haven't been getting to the club mote than once a week. Ususally I go at least 3 times/wk. I have noticed the difference when I do get there that I am quite sore the day afterwards. I am really aching today.
No pain no gain they say.

Hugs,
JanieD
Old 07-29-2002, 05:53 PM   #3  

Thumbs down

Hi Girls

Janie, WTG with being OP. I'm still with the no journaling
I started out exercising last week but then when David started staying over I stopped. I have my treadmill in the livingroom. I live in a apartment & I don't have much room. It's so hot today I can't stand it!!! I know it sounds like excuses. Maybe they are. I just hate working out in the heat & in a crowded area. I like when I work out & feel sore afterwards. I feel like I worked out hard. (High five to you)

Jen, Dave is feeling a little better today. The swelling has gone down. I'm happy to hear you're feeling positive. I like hearing that cause it gives me a little push.

Well, let me go & spend time with my boy.

Till tomorrow

Hi to the rest of you fabulous looking women.

Love,
Es

:sheep:
Old 07-30-2002, 10:41 AM   #4  

Thumbs down Hola

Hola my girls! Whazzzzzzzzzzz up? lol, the heat is getting to my brain!

How is everyone doing?

Es - So sorry to hear about David's problems with his teeth - there's nothing more painful than a toothache or earache (well........maybe childbirth). I feel bad for him - did he get the wisdom teeth pulled yet? Well, at least mommy is taking care of him. Hope he feels better soon.

Jen - Glad to hear you had a great weekend and picnic, sounds like so much fun. We will be going camping next weekend to celebrate Willie's birthday. Most of the kids/grandkids will join us - it should be fun. Good luck with your new beginning - I lovvvvvvvvve new beginnings

Janie - congrats on being OP and getting in that exercise. After walking so much last week, I'm disappointed that its too damn hot to walk so far this week. If I can't walk tonight, I'll use the 1 or 2 mile walking tape in an air-conditioned room

Zoe Girl - WHERE ARE YOU??? GET BACK HERE GIRL! I miss you.

Hi Terri, Ruth, Sandy and Myra - hope everyone's okay.

Have a great day guys - see you's tomorrow!

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 07-31-2002, 12:21 AM   #5  

Hi everyone.
We are back in Al.
Thanks so much for the Anniversay congrats!
We got some bad news Sunday. We thought my dad wasn't going to make it. He had a heart attack and was put on a respirator. We were on our way home (Kansas) when we got the call and so we almost went straight to Ohio and we decided to go to Al. and then unpack and then repack and go to Ohio. Well, by the next morning he had a complete turn around and was stable and they weaned him off the respirator. We decided not to go but I am flying up there Thursday to see him in case something happens later. They might take him to Columbus on Fri. and put a Defibrilizer in his pacemaker so in case he has another heart attack he won't die before he gets to the hospital. It is all so sad.
I'll catch up later.
Terri
Old 07-31-2002, 09:43 AM   #6  

Unhappy

Morning everyone:

Terri - I'm so sorry to hear about your dad's heart attack, but glad to hear he is stable and off the respirator. I think its a great idea to go and see him. He and you and your family are in my thoughts. Let us know how he's doing. And take care of you.

Really busy today, but wanted to check in with everyone - how are ya'll? (as Terri and Zoe Girl would say)

Will check back later.

Have a great day guys.

Hugs,
Dianne
Old 07-31-2002, 11:16 AM   #7  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
My prayers are with your Dad. It will do both of you good for you to go see him. Safe trip and let us know how he is.
Glad you all returned home safely from CO.

Dianne,
I'm also making good use of the Sansone walking tapes due to this hot weather! I'm so glad you told us about them.
Your camping trip sounds like it will be a blast.......and a big group! That is a great way for the family to get together.

Last night I was certified in CPR, which I've been wanting to do for a while, especially since Joe had the heart attack. I was also certified in the use of the AED ( Automated External Defibrillator ), which are being installed in airports and other public places. It was required for those of us who are involved in our town's volunteer groups. While I obviously hope I never encounter the need to use either skill, I'm very glad to have learned it.

Hi to everyone.....Es, Zoe, Sandy, Janie, Ruth......

~Jen
Old 07-31-2002, 01:52 PM   #8  

Terri,
Boy that 6 weeks in CO went fast. It seemed like you just left. I am sorry to hear about your dad. I am very glad that he is now stable. Have a safe trip to Ohio and enjoy your time with him.

Jen,
I think it is so all the interesting classes you have been taking. I hope you never need to use these skills but I am sure that you feel much more confident now that you have them.

Dianne,
Your camping trip sounds like a blast. We will be going camping again in 2 weeks. Don't ask me where or when exactly. The Dads are planning this one. All I know is that there will be water there because we are supposed to be canoeing. BTW Congrats on your WI.

Ruth,
How are you enjoying your time off? Steve just finished his summer session and turned in his grades on MOn. He has 3 weeks before fall semester starts. I have about 6 weeks of chores for him to do around the house during that time

Es,
I WI this morning and gained 2 lb It is my TOM though. I hope that is what the gain is all about. I have been OP all week so far. I doubt that I'll be good today. We are getting the car back from the body shop and Steve said he would take me to lunch at the Indian resteraunt when we go to get the car. I have no idea how many points are in Indian food. It is so rich that I jsut assume it is off the scale.

Hope everyone has a great hump day,
JanieD
Old 07-31-2002, 06:03 PM   #9  

Hello everyone,
It's me again. I jsut got off the phone with my brother. I am so excited He just told me that my SIL is pregnant She is due in March. This is the couple that was never going to have kids. They of course are going through all of the normal emotions, but mostly they are very excited. I can't wait to tell Ellen she is going to be so happy. She was the flower girl at thier wedding. Aunt Tammi and Uncle Neil are her favorites. My favorites too for that matter. Neil and I have always been very close. ALso, the nasty side of me would love to see my petite little SIL fat

Have a great evening,
JanieD
Old 07-31-2002, 11:26 PM   #10  

Thanks JanieD., Jen and Dianne,
Y'all are so sweet. They might put the defibrilizer in his pacemaker this weekend. If he is strong enough. His ventricle reading is supposed to be 50% and it is only 15%. Not good.
He is a fighter.
Congrats Jen on getting the CPR certificate. That is wonderful.
Congrats to you too JanieD on your future niece or nephew.

I'll talk to y'all next week.
Terri
Old 08-01-2002, 04:52 PM   #11  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Terri,
Have a safe trip. My thoughts & prayers are with your Dad.

Janie,
I love your devilish thought! How exciting it must be for your brother. I've never tried Indian food, what dishes do you like? Sounds like Steve will be very busy during his "vacation"

Es,
How's David doing? Today is two months since Joey moved out...he'll be over for dinner and a swim today after work, lol.

This is one of the hottest summers we've had in quite a while...totally fine with me. I've got the best tan I've ever had and yes, I DO use sunscreen. Joe and I had a great evening last night in the pool skinny-dipping

HI TO DIANNE, RUTH, SANDY, ZOE.............WHERE ARE YOU???

~Jen
Old 08-01-2002, 05:29 PM   #12  

Angry

Hi Buddies

Jen, I saw you online before & I tried to send you an im but you had already signed out.

Dave is doing better. Tuesday the Dentist expected the swelling to be down but it wasn't so he drained it more.(ouch) Tomorrow he goes back to the oral surgeon to see if they can pull it out. He wants me to go with him. I think he's scared. Skinny dipping huh It's so hot!!! As soon as I got home from work I had to turn on the AC. Enjoy your evening with Joey. WTG with CPR!

Terri, so sorry about your Dad Keep us posted.

Congrats Aunt Janie!! SIL will be putting on weight. My SIL has the cutest figure but with every pregnancy she gained. She loses it right away. She seems to have a great metabolism. I guess with 6 kids you have to be in great shape with all the running around. Don't worry about the 2 lbs. this week. You'll have it off by next week.

Dianne, your camping trip sounds like it's going to be fun. I can't believe it's August already. Believe me I'm not complaining. Like I've said before I can't stand the heat.

Zoe is MIA?! {{{{{PATTI}}}}!!!!!

Well ladies, just wanted to say hello. I'm still in a rut but what else is new. I'm not giving up!!

Old 08-02-2002, 12:36 PM   #13  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Es,
I'm in a rut also....I really have no business posting here when it comes to weight loss!
Now I know all of you and love to hear from you, so I continue to check in daily.
One of these days I'll get back OP...never give up!

love,
~Jen
Old 08-02-2002, 08:09 PM   #14  

Angry

Hi

David got 2 of his wisdom teeth pulled today. It went well. He has 2 more to go. I think he's going to get those done at the end of the month. They gave him some strong pain killers so he slept most of the day. Now he's watching a movie with his Dad. I was praying while I was waiting in the waiting room & it paid off, as always, cause the oral surgeon said he did great. I don't care how old he is he'll always be my baby.

Jen, I can't seem to get it together with staying on program. I still watch what I eat & most of the time I make healthy choices but I'm not journaling & I know come the evenings I go way over my points. I had prepaid the last time I was there so I have 8 coupons left. I think I'll use them in January. Lots of times I feel the same way you do about posting here but I would miss everybody if I left. We've bonded. Doesn't matter if we're OP or not. I don't think the others would want us to leave either. Hang in there buddy. We're going to hear that click sooner or later.

Dianne, Terri, Janie, Ruth, Sandy, Zoe

Love you's,
Es

Old 08-02-2002, 11:35 PM   #15  

Hi guys:

Es & Jen - Don't even THINK ABOUT not coming here!!! This has definitely become much more then a place for people watching their weight. We talk about everything, and have told each other things we might not even say to someone in our families. At least I know I have. We're buddies and we've all gone through the ups and downs of this struggle. Okay, let me get off my soap box, but I know we would all miss each other if soneone decided not to come in here just because they weren't on program. Sheesh, if that were the case, none of us would be here at the same time. Enough said!

Janie - congrats on your niece or nephew. Great news.

Zoe Girl - where the heck are you - please come in and say hi, we miss you.

Terri - hope things are going okay with your dad.

Hey ruthie, where are you???

Well, its late, gotta get off to bed.

I'll talk to you's tomorrow.

Hugs,

Dianne
Closed Thread