Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 09:38 AM   #1  
Turtle Buddy

Wink Turtle Club #75

Hi, Everyone,

Here's my "official" version of the fable:

The Hare and the Tortoise

A hare met a tortoise one day and made fun of him for the slow and clumsy way in which he walked.

The tortoise laughed and said, "I will run a race with you any time that you choose."

"Very well," replied the hare, "we will start at once."

The tortoise immediately set off in his slow and steady way without waiting a moment or looking back. The hare, on the other hand, treated the matter as a joke and decided to take a little nap before starting, for she thought that it would be an easy matter to overtake her rival.

The tortoise plodded on, and meanwhile the hare overslept herself, with the result that she arrived at the winning-post only to see that the tortoise had got in before her.

Moral: Slow and steady wins the race.

This comes from a book handed down from my grandmother to my mother to me. The book is so old it doesn't have a copyright date or an author/editor's credit.

That fable has been the motivation for us turtles for about three years. Someone on the ancient WW forum mentioned the fable and I discovered it was very motivational for me. I talked about it in posts and other people said that the tortoise philosophy worked for them, too. So, I started a thread for us turtle types.

We work toward accepting that our bodies have a natural speed of weight loss when we choose to live a healthy life, instead of "going on a diet". Many of us have experienced "the diets" as go on/lose weight-- go off/ gain the weight plus more back.

We choose to perservere with each choice we make throughout the day. We believe that choosing to be slow, steady turtles helps us to learn the skills we need to in order to lose and keep off the weight. Our main focus is to become the healthiest people we can be.

So, welcome to all who realize that losing and maintaining a weight loss is a lifestyle change. And who want support as we all learn the skills we need to successfully make the changes that will allow us to reach our goals.

Lin
Old 07-20-2002, 09:57 AM   #2  
Turtle Buddy

Talking

Hi, Turtles,

Lauren, I'm sorry that your news from the doctor wasn't better. It's great that the numbers of good stuff are good, but, I guess genetics has more to do with things than the medical profession is willing to believe.

What I believe is that what you are doing will give you the longest and healthiest life possible. That's all anyone can do.

But, don't get so hung up on the long-term that you neglect to make the most of each day you have. I know it's really easy to do that. Being stuck in my house, the days can get to seeming so alike that I forget to appreciate and make the most of each one. So, I'm talking as much to myself as to you.

Good luck with the freelance work for U of Michigan. Have a blast with your family. Enjoy the extra money from refinancing your home. Spend a teeny bit of it just on something fun for yourself. Then be a responsible adult with the rest.

Kathy, you sound like a real party animal this week. Have a great time.

Great job on sticking with the program this week.

It's hard when people you live with try to sabotage your efforts. Perhaps a chat with your husband about how important this is to you is in order. Good luck with that situation.

I'm still OP. Banking a few points every day, which I'm planning to use tomorrow when we celebrate Chris's birthday. We're taking him out and he never picks WW friendly places. Why should he? He's a skinny teenager who can eat that proverbial horse with no ill effects. And WW is my problem, not his.

Things in general are going OK. I have a new project. A friend asked me to do a web site for him. He wants some stuff on it that I don't know how to do, so I get to be a self-taught student again. I have some friends who do know how and will help me out with locating freebie tutorials, etc. It will be fun. And he's paying me. He offered cash, but then I commented that I'd do it for software. So, he's getting me some web development software and I'm doing his site. Cool, huh?

Maybe I can learn enough to be able to fill in the blanks in my knowledge and get a real job. Which would likely pay enough to allow us to move back to San Jose. We'll see.

And the book is going fine. So, life has it's issues, as my kids say, but overall it's going OK.

Hope to hear from the rest of you soon. Happy turtlin'!

Lin
272/249/246/final--
Old 07-20-2002, 01:42 PM   #3  

Good morning, Turtles.

Lauren, I'm sorry your doctor news wasn't better. At least your ratio is good--having high LDL is bad, but at least your HDL is high too. My sister gets anxious about bp, too, so she's never gotten a true reading. My entire family has a tendency toward high blood pressure, though, so she watches that and exercises. You're doing your part, it may just be that the Genetic Demons got you on this one.

Lin, it sounds like you're doing a lot better. You're sounding settled and comfortable, and that's great to hear. I bet you feel a lot better, too.

Hi, Kathy and Judy!

I had a training session with a friend/trainer this morning and she modified my entire program. I'm going to be sore, ooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww. We're going to try these modifications and see if I can make any progress.

2 of the 2.5 pounds have stayed gone as of this morning (official weigh in) so I'm crossing my fingers that they stay gone. I'm paying lots of attention to my diet, getting lots of protein. I'm slacking a bit today and letting my percentages be slightly higher/lower, just so I don't go insane. But as of tomorrow I'm back to 40% protein/30% carbs/30% fat (healthy fats).

Keep turtlin', turtles!
Old 07-20-2002, 02:08 PM   #4  

Hi Turtles...

Lin...cong on your job. That sounds like it is really up your alley. I don't understand computers..I have no idea what to do with them except turn them on, get on the net, check my email and go to 3fc....!!

Lauren..I am sure the oatmeal with help, and if it doesn't, the pills will help. There is this very very fit young nurse at our hospital..I mean she is built..Not an inch of fat on her..She has to take cholerstrol pills. It can definetly be genetic. I am going next week to get my blood checked.

Mousie...I don't quiet understand...YOu exercise like a mad women, don't eat and you don't lose weight?? I am sorry, I must have missed this whole thing while I was eating my way back up to 205!! It sounds like to me you are getting it in control...That is good. Wished I totally loved to exercise like that. I have a mini goal you guys..My mini goal will be to get to the gym at least 3 times this week. Going away on Wed to visit daughter for a day or two but will try to walk if possible.

Hey..guess what??? lost 1.4 lbs. So all in all I have lost 4.8 lbs..I will almost have my 5 lb stickek/bookmark!! my goal is to have it by next sat~~~ I am so very proud..I can not believe I am not freaking that it is not 5 lbs!!! I am very happy with 1.4, and If I get my bow flex tog (got it but it is still in the box) maybe I can do maybe a 2 by next week. Wow, .3 pd's I will be in a new points bracket..That will be strange.

Had a weird experience the other day..Husband eating somekind of muffin, you could actually smell it. I sat back in my seat, while he driving and eating, and I releshed the smell. Did you know that smell is just another sence, just a satisfiying as eating. I remember doing this while I was in Oa..since I was not allowed to eat between meals..I learned how to smell food that was being eaten. I am starting to try that again...I live near a cookie place that bakes cookies every afternoon. It smells so good, and I relish the smell so much. Think about it. try it. When you taste something it goes away as soon as you swallow. A smell last till it goes away or you go away. It is really neat.

Went out late last night with hubby, we shared a hamberger. I ate half, no fries and no shake, just 1 glass of lemonaide. He had the fries and the malt. And I lost 1.4 lbs!!!

see ya..

Kathy
Old 07-21-2002, 10:04 AM   #5  
Turtle Buddy

Talking

Hi, Turtles,

Congratulations, Erin, on that 2 pounds staying gone. Looks like the tide has turned. Good luck with your new program.

Kathy, contgratulations to you, too. 1.4 and almost to your 5 pound award. I bet you get it next Saturday.

I could never do the smell thing. The more I focus on the smell, the more I want to eat whatever smells so good. Glad it helps you, though.

I hope it's OK with you, Erin, if I fill Kathy in on your post. Erin exercises so much that she needs a ton of calories just to maintain her activity level. She discovered that she was eating over 2000 calories less than she needed. She had to increase her food intake in order to get her metabolism going so that she could start to lose weight again. It's been a difficult lesson for her (and a good lesson to all of us) that we absolutely must take care to eat enough. We have to give up the seemingly common sense idea that just eating less will take the weight off. It's is an old diet idea that doesn't work.

Another thing that we're learning is that eating enough fat is crucial. It's very possible to eat too little fat and that keeps the weight on, too. I've been losing more consistently with a lot less effort since I began eating between 20 and 30% fat. I need to be careful because it's easy to let that get away from me, but I've discovered that it's fairly easy to balance it if I pay attention.

Speaking of losing, I lost two more pounds this week. I realized that I forgot to adjust the number for my 5 pound goal, so I actualy met it this week. So, I'm setting another 5 pound goal.

I've got to go get ready to go to SJ and celebrate my son's birthday. I have banked points to cover lunch and I'm looking forward to this.

Have a great weekend! Happy turtlin'!

Lin
272/247/242/final-
Old 07-21-2002, 11:02 AM   #6  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Lin,
Wonderful that another two pounds are off. Have a great birthday party with ds.

Kathy,
Weigh to go on your weight loss. I think that the sense of smell working in your favor is fabulous.

Mousie,
So glad those pounds stayed off.

Lauren,
Thanks for the overview of your good and less favorable months for losing weight. You're helping me put things in perspective.

Things still tough here, but I'm doing better than I can and am hoping to have good results soon. I'm signing up for the turtles challenge. Thanks lin for getting it started.
Judy
Old 07-22-2002, 11:29 AM   #7  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Judy, you're welcome re: the challenge. I'm hoping it will help us all to stay more focused. I know that you're feeling very challenged in your life, but I also know you can do this.

Yesterday I did well. Used every banked point, but as far as I can tell, making educated guesses on the restaurant food, I did fine. I was a little ticked with myself, though, because I forgot to ask what they put on the portobello mushroom sandwich and it turned out to be too much mayo. Ruined the sandwich, but next time my son wants to go to that restaurant, I know what to order. Lesson learned.

Walked my feet off shopping. Light exercise, but for a long time. Works for me because I need to gradually get back into it. I'll get a nice walk in today afer I drop the rental car off.

I may be going to a job fair in San Jose this week. They're opening a huge new complex with retail stores, restaurants, a hotel and apartments. (Wish we could afford to rent there, but they're super luxury and probably super expensive.) My dh and I have to discuss this carefully. I'd have to move there, even if it's by myself, because most of the jobs are retail. Can't commute retail hours. However, if I can get a job and it pays enough to allow us to rent a place in San Jose (after we get the car fixed and save up deposit money), I'm going for it.

I'll still work to arrange my schedule to do my writing and (I hope) finish my class. Meanwhile, I'm going to rewrite my resume. Make up some cover letters. There are several types of jobs available, not all retail. Admin asst, leasing agents for the apartments, concierge for the hotel, and tons of retail and restaurant jobs. My nonegotiable requirements are that I must be guaranteed full-time hours and I must make at least $10.00/hour. ($12-15 would be better. )

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
272/247/242/final-

Last edited by Lin S; 07-22-2002 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:51 PM   #8  

Hi Turtles...I am doing well, stayed within my point range, and did drink water, maybe not enough but did drinksome..will do better on water consumption today. I did good again last night, dh picked me up from work and we went to the truck stop, i had 1 cup of coffee and half/half/ 1 pt. he had his pie thing..it looked great but I did not have any. If i bank any points, I will have some someday, but not last night. I am feeling very happy and enthousiatic about the challange.

Lin,, Sorry I missed out on the goings on in your life while I was being rebellous fool. I take it you live someplace out of San Jose ? And you want to move back there??? Where does dh work, in you same town??? Does he like his job??? I remember he had just gotten it when I left, hope he is happy there. You are doing so well. I am so proud of you. You got out of your slump. That is good.

Well I did go out to the friends 21st birthday party, did I get sloshed??? no way. It is so very strange to be in a place that is loud, and a place where the only reason to be there is to get drunk and drunk fast. This girl had 2 hours to get sloshed. She had 3 drinks (people bought her) before I could get to the bar and get one madorie sour. And they were all like that. It just made me feel very old. I hate the loud music.

I tell you what, she will never forget her 21st birthday. She had a wonderful time the first 2 hours, drinking, dancing and drinking. Then it was puking, puking, puking. We could hardley get her in the house, in fact she fell on the lawn with her mom getting in, then stayed in the bathroom for hours, mostely just feeling bad not really getting sick any more, but she could not walk good, kept falling down. Funny she didn't have much of a hang over in the am. Lucky girl, No..my idea of a good evening, is go to some place, quiet, where you can talk, drink pitches of marguriets and eat chips (sorry, this is my pre ww days) and get a ride home, but have I ever done this??? Not for a long long time, and maybe in Dec I will. My dd from La comes in december and we just might do that.

I did like going casue it makes me apeciate staying home. I have so many fun things to do here, quilting for one thing!!! but anyway I am glad I went...

Talk tomorrow

Kathy
Old 07-22-2002, 03:42 PM   #9  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Angry

Miata,
What a way for that girl to remember her 21st. birthday! The first part was probably fun, but the second part couldn't possibly have been worth it. I like your idea of quilting as a nice evening at home.

Well, I am absolutely OP today and I have to say I'm hungry and missing food. I have learned what to do and I'll do it, but it's major for me to admit it and to come to this site to keep OP. I'll be nibbling on celery (which I love) in a few minutes, but I think typing this will help me a lot.

Lin,
I think you'd be a fabulous conceirge with all your knowledge and your ability to research quickly. You'd be a Godsend for tourists and residents alike. It is interesting how our lives keep changing.
Glad you're doing so well OP.

Yesterday I was at John Harvard's with friends. They ordered an absolutely gooey delicious appetizer that we shared. I had very little, then had a yummy cup of clear broth based soup with garbanzos and chicken. It filled me in so that I absolutely had fewer than 4 french fries that came with my hamburger. With these friends, we're all heavy and they don't like to hear about dieting, etc. so I had to trick myself into thinking I didn't want the fries. It worked because I had volumes of liquid--two huge diet cokes and a huge glass of water.

Lauren,
Enjoy your company. Are you able to cook OP while your family is around? I'd love to see you knock off some more weight. I'm aiming to do my best right now.

Mousie,
Keep on keepin' on. How close are you to your degree now? About how many more semesters do you have? I've got you in my prayers that someone can figure out how to pull this altogether for you and you'll keep off the weight you just lost and lose some more.

Everyone do well and take care. You're the greatest!
Judy
Old 07-23-2002, 11:24 AM   #10  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Kathy, we're still in Salinas. I still hate it here. If my mother doesn't think she can handle us living in her (admittedly small) house for a few months, I'll have to try harder to find a job here, which would mean commiting to staying here. That's a commitment I don't want to make.

Your tale about your friend's party was funny. I remember that one of my uncles wanted to take me to a bar on my 21st. I said no because I don't like alcohol and because getting drunk, just because you legally can, seemed like a stupid rite of passage to me. Not my thing.

Judy, you shouldn't be hungry, although I can see missing food. What I would do is check out what percentage of fat you're eating. It made a huge difference for me both in not being hungry and in seeing pounds drop when I got my fat percentage up above 20%. (I set my top limit at 30%.)

The other thing I'd do is keep a list of what foods I'm missing and plan them into my food plan occasionally, banking points if I needed to in order to do it. Feeling deprived is one of the things that can send us right back off program. The other thing I would do is to take out my journal and try to discover if I'm missing the food itself or the way it always seemed to help me deal with life. Good luck! You can do it.

Well, I'm doing fine today. I have to finish setting up my HTML pages for my worldbuilding. That's this week's class subject. I need to set up the pages so I will be ready for the assignment. This class is about to get really time-consuming as we get past the introductory stuff and into the meat of writing our books.

I wrote a note to the guy whose web site I'm doing. I should be starting on it soon. I need him to find his host so I know which features I have available to work with in setting up the special stuff he wants. I'm looking forward to it. But, I also have to let him know about the writing class so he'll understand that I can't work full time on it. I doubt that will be a problem, as long as I commit to working on it regularly.

Speaking of my son, send good vibes. He has a job intereview to work in a dinner theater full time. The job will include doing some music arranging and possibly some original compositions, as well as gopher work and keeping the artists organized. If he gets it, he's moving to San Jose. It will be so cool for him to be able to get paid to do music and to be on his own. He loves us, but at 23 he wants his own life. A sentiment I thoroughly understand as I contemplate moving back in with my mother for a short time.

Happy turtlin'!

Lin
Old 07-23-2002, 01:49 PM   #11  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, tortoises.

Shoot, Kathy, I felt old just *reading* about your friend's 21st birthday party. Unlike Lin, I did go through a bit of a stage like that -- never got that sick, but did try different stupid things in my late teens and early 20s. Ah, well. Glad your eating is going well.

Judy, good for you being OP! About being hungry and missing food ... I'm with Lin on that one. Sounds like you're dieting. What're you eating? I find if I don't just eat things I like, I won't stick with this for any length of time. If you're looking for suggestions, type out what you're eating and let us know what you're missing. Maybe we can help you find ways to incorporate foods you like and yet stay OP. And a BIG way to go on those fries! Wow! Social eating can really be tough.

Lin, you're doing great. I hope you can get back to San Jose, too. I know how hard it is to live someplace you dislike. I'm also rooting for your son.

Erin, I'm perversely glad to hear that your sister has the same weird phobia about getting her BP taken that I do. I asked the dentist to take my blood pressure today when I went in. I figured the more time I get it taken, the more used to it I'll get. It was better, no longer in the borderline hypertensive zone, in spite of a fast heart rate (due to stress). It's funny; I was pretty relaxed until I asked her to take my BP. Then -- zoom! Up went the pulse. Ah, well. She said 139/81 is fine, especially with a heart rate in the 90s.

I had a good week; got more than 5 hours of exercise and banked a few points (not counting exercise points). I'm down 3 pounds this week, which keeps me at an average of losing 1 pound per week -- I gained 1 last week with TOM. So I'm just a half pound from my birthday goal.

The company is fine, except my stepdad fell down our steps the first day they were here and badly sprained a muscle in his leg. We've been waiting on him ever since. He's doing a little better today, though we probably need to find him a cane. This is the third person to fall down our steps. We have put in railings, carpeted the main stairs, just about everything we can think of. In this case, he wasn't holding on to the railing. Gaah! Anyway, we're all having fun in spite of that mishap.

And yes, Judy, I'm managing to stay OP in spite of their being here. I just eat a bit less of everything than they do (and avoid the snacks). Thanks for rooting for me; it really helps. I'm rooting for you, too.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/184.5/184 by August 4
Old 07-24-2002, 10:51 AM   #12  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Well, I'm not going back to San Jose. My mom said her house is just too small, even for only a few months. She's right that it's a very small house. I wouldn't want to do it for very long, but without some housing help, I don't see any way we can ever move away from here. Money issues aside, I'm not willing to commit to a long-term lease on an apartment until after I've completed the standard 3 month "temp" period all of the jobs I've ever had require.

So, now that I know I'm stuck in this icky town, I have to figure out how to do several things:

Find a job. This is agriculture country. The things I know how to do aren't a good fit for here and I don't speak Spanish. They will hire someone who does before they'll hire me because so many of the people I'd be dealing with don't speak English.

Tolerate working at a job I don't want, if I find one.

Figure out how to manage three jobs-the paid one, the household stuff (Paul doesn't help more when I'm working, which is one other reason I hate working.) and writing the book.

The last thing I have to do is figure out how to keep from sinking into depression and messing up WW and stop writing my book in despair of having time to finish it. I plan to make sure I write in my journal as often as I need to, at least every morning. I just hope it will be enough because the only resources I have to deal with it are me, myself, and I. I hate this!!

I had a message on our voice mail from my son who said he has theater things to do today, so I think he got the job!! I'll know more after I've had a chance to talk with him. He won't be home until tomorrow, but I'm going to try to catch him before he leaves this morning.

I got a reply from AOL about volunteering to work on the Harry Potter web site. They have a bunch of questions I have to answer and I hope they pick me to do some work for them because it would be so much fun. A lot of the kids write fan fic and it would be fun to encourage them in their writing. And talk HP with people who like him. It doesn't seem like there are many adults on those forums, but that doesn't matter because I think kids are fun.

I don't like having my blood pressure taken either, Lauren. Even with bigger cuffs, I think it's painful. There are a lot of people like us out there. It drives the medical community bonkers because they have such a hard time getting a good reading.

I'm sorry your stepdad got hurt. Stairs can be wicked. I hope he's better soon.

Great job on staying OP while they're visiting. I bet you reach your goal this week.

I've noticed that with the challenge going on, I'm less willing to make a poor choice "just this once". I have to be pretty limited in choices before I choose something off program. I wish we'd started challenges sooner. But, maybe we weren't ready for them then.

I'm still OP, but having to work harder at it because of the icky part of my life. The good part-my book, the web site, the possibliity of doing the HP thing- is helping me to cope more easily. I have class tomorrow. And there are several more over the weekend that I can take to boost my knowledge so my book will be better. I think the book, more than anything, will keep me going while I adjust to the idea that I can't move anywhere.

Hope you all are doing fine. Happy turtlin'!

Lin

Last edited by Lin S; 07-24-2002 at 11:10 AM.
Old 07-25-2002, 08:57 AM   #13  
Turtle Extraordinaire

Hi, tortoises.

Lin, I can imagine how disappointed you must be that you can't move in with your mom temporarily. That's a blow. Here's a {{{HUG}}}.

Here are also some suggestions: As I read your note, I see some globalizing going on. This is the kind of thinking that leads to depression. For example, you say the only resources you have to deal with your journey are you, yourself, and you. Not true. You have the turtles. You have the internet, and all the supportive folks on it. You have a husband who doesn't sabotage your efforts at every turn, even if he isn't as supportive as you would wish. Also, whenever you talk about looking for a job, out come all the barriers -- they won't want you; even if someone does want you, it won't be a job you like; you'll have to give up writing your book; you'll be overwhelmed with too much work.

I'm not telling you not to dump. It helps to dump sometimes. I'm just pointing out that sometimes we're our own worst enemies.

People do work full time and write and keep house. They even get published doing it, and they're not superpeople. I have a friend who manages this. (She has a new, adopted baby now, too.) In fact, I've heard that something like 96 percent of all published writers have to earn money from another source. You may not finish your book in one year, but you'll finish it if you want to.

I don't mean to be unsympathetic; I do feel for you. I even understand what you're going through. But if you take another look at your situation and see what CAN be done, I guarantee you'll like your life better.

In the meantime, I hope you get to work on the Harry Potter site. That would be extremely cool -- and it wouldn't look too bad on a resume, either. You've got a lot of fun things going on, between that and the writing class and your book. I admire that about you -- that you do pursue your dreams. I know you'll find ways to continue to do that.

I'm managing to remain OP in spite of company, which feels good. I'm not getting in as much exercise as I'd like, but I'm doing some.

This morning I head to Univ. of Mich. to finally meet with the development people about doing some writing for them. This is when I'll find out how much this work pays -- I hope I'm not horribly disappointed. But if I am, I'll have my answer -- and I'll start looking in earnest for a job.

Onward and downward,

Lauren
274/184.5/184 by August 4
Old 07-25-2002, 10:40 AM   #14  
Turtle Buddy

Hi, Turtles,

Lauren, congratulations on staying OP with company. You'll get back to your regular workout schedule soon.

Lauren, you're such a sweetie. Here's a {hug}.

You said what I needed to hear, even though I might not like hearing it. Thanks!! I did some writing, some crying, and I appreciate you all letting me dump.

I did some deeper looking as far as local jobs go and there really are 0 right now that I can apply for. Either they're in fields like machinist, law enforcement, etc. or they're in one of the small towns around here that I can't get to without a car. I used a reverse lookup directory to find out about the companies because they don't put any information beyond a general job description and a phone number in the ads. It's frustrating. So, all I can do is keep checking the ads, the yellow pages, and the transit schedules.

Meantime, I have two web sites to work on. My son and his friend want a web site and they don't know how to do HTML. They'd rather coax me into doing it than learn, but they'll pay. I want to use the site as part of a portfolio, in case I can manage a job interview in that field sometime this year. I'm considering asking my son to teach me some of the graphics software he uses or do some art for me in exchange for creating the site. It's a very small one, but not necessarily simple.

I have my classes and my book. And I'm writing up the letter about the HP site. I have a week to send it. I want to explore the site a little more. They want to know which discussion threads interest me, but it's hard to narrow it down. There are a lot of young writers on the site and I'd love to encourage them in their pursuits, as well as just enjoy talking Harry Potter and Hogwart's with other fans. They also have a thread devoted to web masters, which is another interest of mine, as you know. It's for kids making their own sites.

So, I'm feeling better. I needed to write. I needed to cry. I needed to get things into perspective. So, I'll keep you all posted about how things are going.

The novel writing class is tonight. It's about setting, but the definition of setting is not the static definition we usually think of, just the background behind the scenes, much like a stage set. So, this should be interesting and very helpful in learning how to make a fantasy world real. Not everyone is writing fantasy, but a lot of us are. One guy is writing a very intriguing book about a serial killer. His twist is fascinating. Can't say more but when the guy sells it I'll let you all know to buy it.

Happy turtlin!

Lin
Old 07-25-2002, 04:06 PM   #15  

Hi all, sorry I have not written, every time I write something, and go to send, i am off line, I am starting to hate this cable internet. I am thinking we should go back to the reg internet. And they were such good post's too!!!

I will try to tell you in a very short way what got erased1!! The most funest thing is that my dh is not going to sabatage me any more. His friend ended up in er with chest pain, and after that, he told friend we are both getting too fat (friend weight about 360 and is in a wheel chair cuase he never walks and his feet are all swelled cause they never get any circulatoin. So now Jim is on a more nutrious food plan , maybe not mine, but he will not be dragging me to the truck stop of pie any more, and I apreciate that. It did me good though, it made me realized I could say No to that part of me that always wants to say yes to food. Know what I mean? I always thought of saying yes was the same as :rolling over and playing dead:...It is like never never trying to stop the behavior of over eating...I want it....so...eat it...never even thinking to say...umm....do i have any points left??? do i even care if I have points left??? do i care if I get bigger. When the answer is no..that is a bad thing...this pie thing made me strong...I can say no to things that I know I shouldn't eat, not becasue I can't have them, but becasue it will detur my weight loss. There is another time and place...

,.....Like my anniversay yesterday, ate norman cereal breakfast with a fresh peach, lunch was a coke, (not very good but circumstances made it so it wa sthe only thing I could have at the time, ) then I had a wonderful dinner , although my dh wanted to to Dennys. I said no way jose, wanted a real good meal, had a marguarita, had a baked potatoe, had 1/2 steak and 2 prawns. It was a wonderful meal, and when stepping on the morning scale..it was down. So I am anaxous waiting for the weigh in on SAt.

Lin, you are doing great, hang in there, something will turn up.

Well would love to write more but I had better go before my computer throws me off again...

Kathy/miata
Closed Thread