Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 05:45 AM   #31  

Margot.....I wouldn't have kicked him in the behind or the shins. I have a much better target that would hurt much more. I hope you got his supervisor's name. You should write a letter to the person in charge of the seminar with a carbon to his (the ignorant presenter's) boss. I sincerely hope he does need something from you or any other overweight person in the room. He and his insenitivity will be remembered for a long time by everyone present. I sincerely hope you have the opportunity to see this jerk after you have reached goal. I am truly sorry that he hurt you. I don't blame you for crying----I would still be squalling.

Josie, I will try to be on IM tonight. I wish some of the other gals would get Instant Messenger so they could join us.

I am fixing to go get a pizza. The baby did not take a nap today. She needed lots of one on one time. There is no way I feel like cooking or worse yet cleaning the kitchen.

[This message has been edited by Geri (edited 09-20-2000).]
Old 09-21-2000, 07:08 AM   #32  

Evening Ladies,

Went to the Dr. this morning and for the most part all went well. I had lost 20# since the last time I saw her (April- didn't tell her I played around with 10# till I joined WW in July)anyway By her scale I weight 232,(2 less than TOPS last night) my blood pressure is down so that also please her. But the cholesterol well it look like I will have to take some pills to help get in down, and blood sugar was not to good, so she took me off the 123 and put me a diabete diet. So I guess now I want have to worry about which new eating plan to use.

Geri What is IM I think I may have that, my daughter put something on here the last time she was home so I may have it and just don't know.

Glenda when do you go in next week, I hate when I have to wait on something like that, I just wish they would put me in and get it done.

Trudy congratulations on the lost.

O.K> gals since I've change to TOPS,and Doc change my eating program and all the scales don't agree(gain between WW and Tops), I'm going to start all over, so as of now I weight 234 and the dr. wants me down to 150 (for now) that means a count down of 84#. I CAN AND WILL DO THIS

You all have a good night
Later Lela
Old 09-21-2000, 09:16 AM   #33  

Lela you won't find the diabetic exchange lists that different from the old WW. You just can't have the junk foods and get away with it. But you will have plenty to eat. How many calories is he allowing you? I can help you with it if you have any problems. I am a nurse. I guess I should say was a nurse. I didn't renew my license but I don't think I have forgotten much about my diabetic exchange lists
Old 09-21-2000, 09:27 AM   #34  

Good Evening Ladies, I hope you are all doing fine tonight. Schoolgirl got me the name of a really good web site; www.healthyexchanges.com. Her recipes are terrific, and she has the diabetic exchanges as well as calories,fats,sodium, and anything else you could want to know. And if you're doing the 123 program, it is very easy to change over into points. Her recipes are quick,easy,and delicious. I have tried them, and trust me, they're great!! Since my husband is diabetic, I think I will use the exchange also. It really isn't that hard, and I know that it works! Wishing everyone a good day tomorrow! Countrygal,akaSherry
Old 09-21-2000, 10:35 PM   #35  
Flying Fingers

Hi Girls,
Just a quick hello and good-bye. My sister, dad and step-mom and I are headed to Alabama Gulf Coast to visit with my brother and family for the weekend. Will be driving today, trying to beat tropical storm Helene. Guess we'll have a super wet weekend. But plans were made and didn't want to put this off again. Please pray for safe traveling for us. Will miss you all 'til Sunday.
Wishing all a great OP weekend .....
Josie
Old 09-22-2000, 12:28 AM   #36  

Help Ladies,
My dr. just call and my cholesterol is higher that it was back in April so now I have to go on lipathal(spelling) and a no fat no cholesterlo diet, I just don't understand. I have given up butter, milk, red meat, fried foods. I use to use the real stuff and i now use low or non everthing, but it stead of in coming down it's going up.

Geri Please any thing that you can offer to help me I'm just getting more and more confused on what to eat and not eat.What about the lipathor, can you tell me anything about it, side effect and such.

Anyone that know of anything or a good source of info. what I can and cann't eat, how to cook, I guess I'm just getting scare now ,like I said I really though it would be coming down. Both my mother and younger bother had to have bypasses ,and I don't want to join them.

Thanks to any and all of you for your help and for being here. You all were the frist one I came to since the dr. called.

Lela
Old 09-23-2000, 02:28 AM   #37  
Super Surfer

Time to start a new thread, please go to Feisty & Sexy #70
Closed Thread