Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 07:21 AM   #1  

Default It's Only Tuesday?

Hey girls,

Starting the thread, will post in a minute
Old 05-21-2002, 07:29 AM   #2  

I really cannot believe it's only Tuesday! I am still pretty darn sick, and I hate it I have been MIA lately because all I've been doing is lying in bed (alone, thank you). This week I am slammed with work, too. I left early yesterday because a co-worker was able to cover for me, but I don't think I'm going to be that lucky again. I think I am pretty much over the strep throat, now I just have an awful cold. I know, complaining about it won't help, I'm just a big baby about being sick.

On the plus side, I haven't been eating (or drinking) as much as I usually do, and the scale has been steady at 152 for the last couple days. Of course I haven't worked out in a week though, so it will be hard to get back on track with that. I'm really not going to worry about that until I feel better though - no sense in wearing myself down to just get sick again.

So does anyone have any big plans for memorial day weekend? I originally took this coming Friday off because I thought I would be going away, but it turns out I'll just be staying in town. I think I'll still take the day off though and get some errands done that I've been putting off for weeks. Fun, huh. Well, hopefully I'll get a chance to post again later.
Old 05-21-2002, 08:51 AM   #3  
Shopper Extraordinaire

I too have been MIA but I have lots of good news. My agency did well on our audit so I will be around more hopefully. And the big, big news!

I GOT THE RING!!!!!

It is absolutely beautiful It was very romantic. I had the day off Friday b/c I worked my butt off for 2 wks and managed to flex 8 hrs. I now know that this was the day he planned to propose. Anyways so we were planning to spend the entire day together however my body had different plans. Thursday night I got the flu Anyways he was so sweet he brought me yellow roses (we were friends first ) and popsicles, movies etc. Anyways Sat. he told me he wanted to go get ice cream and to the park. (Keep in mind I live in Mich. and it was 50 degrees out) It was actually raining too BUT he took me to an old fashioned ice cream place where they make their own waffle cones it was really cute. We then drove to the park which is beautiful. We hiked all around (he did this with his bum leg Such a trooper) and ended up hiking down to this valley. He ended up proposing on a bridge over a babbling brook. {Swoon} Anyways it was all the mushy smushy stuff and he ended up saying "You are my best friend and I cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with you, if you will......(he gets down on one knee)....Will you marry me?"......I will!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(That was my line ) Then when we got back to the car he had a dozen long stemmed red roses in the car It was precious. We had so much fun. We actually were cracking up during the proposal b/c he realized I knew what he was doing and I wouldn't admit it and we were nervous we seriously laughed for about 5 minutes but thankfully we were able to pull it together and be romantic. We are such dorks We then went to call friends and show my parents and then to dinner. Perfect proposal.

So that was my wknd. I had a great one. This wknd we were supposed to go out of town too but it isn't working out so I am sure we will barbeque with friends. So I need to work today. I haven't caught up on posts but I will attempt to. I am training a girl all wk and somehow I don't think my boss would appreciate me introducing her to my favorite websites
Btw does anyone have any good wedding websites. I have found a few (Martha Stewart is my fav, thus far) but I am always open to suggestions. Well ladies have a great day and I will check in periodically.

Lexxy- I too am a total baby when I am sick. You are allowed to be. I hope you feel better soon.

Becky
Old 05-21-2002, 09:39 AM   #4  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Becky, when I got married 4 long years ago, I frequented www.theknot.com. Back then there were less sites.

Oh, I had a horrid day yesterday, both for me and points. Haven't counted them up yet either. Oh well. Having a b-day celebration tomorrow and not many family showing up, makes me sad. Actually, it is only family that is invited so it may only be my parents and hub's parents. No fun!!!

OK, back to work.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:41 AM   #5  

Becky-CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! The proposal is so much fun!!!

Hey can anyone help me? I left my wheel home...I stopped at Dunkin Donuts and got a Maple scone-then I ate half and looked the nutrition up on line and threw away the other half!! But I need to figure out the points for what I ate...
235 cal, 11g fat, 1g fiber-what's the damage???
Glad I threw away the other half!!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 09:44 AM   #6  
Bono Fanatic!

Angry morning!

Becky - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! and thanks for sharing your wonderful story with us.... It is very romantic and I am so excited for you!

Lexxy - I'm a baby about being sick too. I just go and go and go normally without ever relaxing, so when I get sick I hate having to sit still and I hate feeling lazy! Take advantage of this unplanned opportunity to relax, I guess! Hope you feel better soon!

BTW, I heard on the radio this morning that DC is the best place to live if you are single, followed by Miami and then Chicago. Then why do I have so much trouble meeting boys here? I guess I need to come to DC to visit you, Lexxy!

I am going to San Francisco this weekend for Memorial Day with three of my friends and I am sooooo excited! I've never been there (I've been to California before - LA and San Diego, just not San Fran) It should be a great time! Then, 2 weeks from this Saturday I leave for Italy!! I have to say it is hard to be in too bad of a mood when you have 2 vacations coming up!

Hi Jen and Lori - you both posted while I was writing this!

Last edited by JKarr; 05-21-2002 at 09:51 AM.
Old 05-21-2002, 09:45 AM   #7  
Bono Fanatic!

Default Lori -

The entire scone is 5 points... that's not too bad, so don't be so hard on yourself!!
Old 05-21-2002, 10:06 AM   #8  
Cockeyed Optimist

Morning Girls -

Becky - what a wonderful proposal! I'm so glad that you love your ring and that the memory of the proposal is one that you can cherish. You'll have to keep us updated on all your engagement and wedding plans.

I'm sorry to hear that your not feeling well Lexxy. Being sick sucks! Maybe if your memorial day weekend turns out to be quiet you'll be able to shake the cold.

JenK - Enjoy your trip to San Fran this weekend. I've heard that it is a lot of fun.

Hello to everyone else!

I don't have too many plans for the weekend but several weeks ago, I accepted a date to the Indy 500. I was looking forward to going because I've never been but I've since discovered that I really don't care very much for the guy who asked. I'm trying to figure out if it would be nicer to just go and bite my tongue or to break the date so he can invite a buddy.

Time to get to work as I have a 10AM deadline on a project for the EVP of our division.

Winter
Old 05-21-2002, 12:04 PM   #9  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

JEN... I LOVE SAN FRAN!!! Have a blast for me too! Hubby and I went there 2 1/2 years ago and had a blast. Do some wine country if you have time!!!!!
Old 05-21-2002, 01:36 PM   #10  
Water Freak

Hi all-
Sounds like the forum is getting a little more activity today! I started summer session this morning (yech). The only good thing about having so much class is that it keeps me from sitting around and snacking all morning. So so far I am having a pretty decent day. It's kind of cold out for May, I just feel like curling up in bed.

And, Becky congrats! Awesome awesome awesome. No wedding sites to recommend though...no decent guys around here and I'm too young for it anyway

Ok, well, I am going to go do some homework (I am being such a nerd about this course already!)

Cat
Old 05-21-2002, 02:41 PM   #11  
Eve's Mom

Default The invalid returns...

First of all, Becky congratulations!! That's awesome, I am glad you love your ring.

I have been out of commission for 7 days due to a rollerblading accident on May 12. I fell going downhill and I have 2 fractures on my spine and also one on my elbow and wrist. I was incapacitated all week, but I am back after the long weekend. So far so good, its noon and I am still alive and not in too much pain.

I am scared t o WI this week, as I have to eat what people give me since I can' t cook or even stand for long periods of time to prepare any food. Plus codeine really blocks you up To top it off, I wound up with a urinary tract infection, so I am on anti-biotics too, and TOM came this morning.

Can somebody shoot me??

The bright side is I could have been a parapalegic from the way I fell. So I am lucky. 4 more weeks til I am allowed to exercize and the cast comes off.

Jen - whose b-day is it?? YOurs??

Lexxy - I can relate - hope you get well soon...!!

Well, back to work. I am super behind having missed a whole week!!

Belle
Closed Thread